CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he visit? I thought that he didn't care for Mark.

I am not sure how long Mark lived there and when Cory would of last visited . It does sound like from him knowing where the fishing poles were kept that he had been to the house.

Not always.When I grew up I never really aked permission, it was more like,"Mom,I'm going here, or I am going there".The only time I would ask permission was when I wanted to be excused from the table or if I needed money to go somewhere.

Same here we would say the same thing and if Mom or dad didnt want us to they said Oh no you not lol!

I also question whether or not LE is being honest about the fishing pole they found. Is it possible that they did indeed find Dylan's pole and felt like it was perhaps staged? And this is that one little piece of evidence they are holding close to the vest? IMO this is possible. I don't know how they would find the owner of a fishing pole at or around the lake. Unless this person were near the fishing pole? I believe the campgrounds were closed for the winter (or at least most of them) so how did they find the owner of the pole?

BBM - Good point, IIRC LE said somewhere the owner had come forward but I don't remember them ever giving a description of the pole. I don't fish so I wouldn't know one from the other (beside obvious color differences ha ha) I would think that someone would have had to have know the brand (do they have brands?) or the reel thing. Good point!

ER said texted Dylan a 2nd time Sunday night after the dad pick up text and again Monday morning, neither of which he replied to. Please see the Blasius interview I referenced in my post.

We see this differently, and that's fine.

Although it's just my opinion as indicated in my post and therefore no link required if I understand the rules correctly, I did include the references e.g. NG 12/3 and Blasius in my post in explaining how I arrived at my opinion based on statements and behavior.

NG transcripts are on the CNN transcript website. Txjan's transcript of the Blasius interview is in the media thread. If you can't readily find them, please feel free to let me know and I'll assist.

Here's an example, a part of, what led me to my opinion -

Elaine Redwine:
Umm... As he always does, he texted me and let me know that his dad had picked him up, and that was the last time I heard from him.

Melissa Blasius:
What time of day was that?

Elaine Redwine:
That was at 7:06 p.m. on Sunday night, and I had not heard, I have not heard from him since then.

Melissa Blasius:
Did you try to get a hold of him on Monday?

Elaine Redwine:
I texted him. I texted him Sunday night, and I texted him Monday morning,
but, you know…it wasn’t uncharacteristic of Dylan not to text me back right away
especially if he was with his friends which is what I kind of assumed… umm…you know, had happened because I know he was really excited to see his friends, umm… so I really didn’t think much of it umm…. and then…that afternoon I got a text from his dad asking me if I knew where Dylan was.

Thanks Cheese, IMO for it to be uncharacteristic of DR not to text ER back right away is different than saying uncharacteristic of DR to not text "people" back right away. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree. IMO there was no need for her to worry when she thought her child was safely with her ex. IMO

BBM
I wonder how Cory could know for sure that the only place the fishing pole would be located is the garage. If he lived there with Mark I could see it but since he doesn't, how would he know for sure where it was stored?

Because he visited his father in that house.

On Day 1 of the Dr. Phil show ER states:

"Dylan is not a big fisherperson. He didn’t even know how to thread his own line. "

If you use a regular rod and reel, you don't need to thread your own line every time. We used to fish fairly often and I've never had to rethread mine. It doesn't break that easily, unless you catch a gigantic fish or it gets tangled in something. But if the line breaks after every time it's used, you need to either get a stronger line, or find another fishing spot that doesn't have low tree branches or a lot of brush around it. My stepkids could thread their own lines by the time they were 10 or 12 years old. (The girl didn't, but she didn't do anything that she could talk her brothers into doing for her.)

I think dylan got reall mad and said I want out im going to call mom and have her come get me MR tosses the phone dylan opens the door to get out but the truck is still moving MR stops dylan gets out MR throws the back pack at him
Dylan says something to him MR gets mad and thats that there is nothing in the truck nothing in the house Dylan is just gone and I think it happend on that ride home.

I never thought dylan made it to the house!

Do you think Dylan would have tried to recover the phone or do you think too much time had passed from when Mark tossed the phone and Dylan got out of the car?

BBM
I wonder how Cory could know for sure that the only place the fishing pole would be located is the garage. If he lived there with Mark I could see it but since he doesn't, how would he know for sure where it was stored?

CR stated that the fishing pole was always in the garage, and never in the house. I assume he would know that because despite recently not going to MR's home presumably he would have been there numerous times before. And, if CR was the one that did go fishing, then why wouldn't he know where the pole was located? I don't know anyone that would bring the rod with the line and hooks into the house when they had a garage, but that's MOO (or common sense at that point).

I am still gathering all of the quotes from the DP show about the fishing pole, but will post when I'm done.

BBM - Good point, IIRC LE said somewhere the owner had come forward but I don't remember them ever giving a description of the pole. I don't fish so I wouldn't know one from the other (beside obvious color differences ha ha) I would think that someone would have had to have know the brand (do they have brands?) or the reel thing. Good point!

There might be two brands, one for the rod and one for the reel. They could be purchased separately and assembled. In my experience it would be more likely that a regular fisherperson (versus a novice) would want to buy separate components in the first place and also be able to identify their own gear if it was found elsewhere.

More likely though, IMO if the rod and reel were purchased specifically for Dylan it was a combo set like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shakespeare-Ugly-Stick-Spinning-Fishing-Kit/10298922#Item+Description

Not too expensive, but a good starter set, includes a small set of tackle, gets good reviews, and it's available at the Durango Walmart.

BBM

I've wondered that too, especially because of how frequently it's stated that MR was estranged from his sons. Cory is one of MR's sons, and if he was estranged from MR, how in the world would he know what's in MR's house and where things usually are?

Did he visit? I thought that he didn't care for Mark.

I know that they had a knock down drag out and restraining orders were filed against each other, later dropped. That's one time. I'm sure that over the years they got over that and put it behind them IMO. I haven't seen anything that indicates CR did not care for MR before DR went missing, afterwards yes, but before no. IMO

If you use a regular rod and reel, you don't need to thread your own line every time. We used to fish fairly often and I've never had to rethread mine. It doesn't break that easily, unless you catch a gigantic fish or it gets tangled in something. But if the line breaks after every time it's used, you need to either get a stronger line, or find another fishing spot that doesn't have low tree branches or a lot of brush around it. My stepkids could thread their own lines by the time they were 10 or 12 years old. (The girl didn't, but she didn't do anything that she could talk her brothers into doing for her.)

Well...I used to fish a lot too and our lines would always get caught up. I can't remember one time where someone's line didn't break or have to be cut and redone. It's just silly to go fishing without extra line and tools to make a new line. Plus lures or bait. I never did my own line although I could have probably figured it out. It was easier to have whomever I was with do it :) You need more than a fishing pole to fish. IMO

I think dylan got reall mad and said I want out im going to call mom and have her come get me MR tosses the phone dylan opens the door to get out but the truck is still moving MR stops dylan gets out MR throws the back pack at him
Dylan says something to him MR gets mad and thats that there is nothing in the truck nothing in the house Dylan is just gone and I think it happend on that ride home.

I never thought dylan made it to the house!

Was Dylan prone to throwing temper tantrums like that? That sounds more like a younger child. Was Dylan immature for his age? I've never heard it reported that Dylan was either immature or threw temper tantrums. That makes it hard for me to believe all the theories that propose Dylan acting that way. It also seems like victim bashing to me. MOO.

I've wondered that too, especially because of how frequently it's stated that MR was estranged from his sons. Cory is one of MR's sons, and if he was estranged from MR, how in the world would he know what's in MR's house and where things usually are?

I haven't heard MR deny that Cory had been at MR's house. I see no reason to assume otherwise.

I have no reason or evidence to think that Dylan's mom was lying when she made that statement.

I guess it depends on where you are fishing and what time of year it is relative to water levels. I used to do a fair amount of trout fishing with friends on a couple of rivers in the Cascade mountain range and it was not uncommon for us to have to restring our lines because they would get caught on tree snags, boulders or other submerged debris.

This was never as much of an issue if we were lake fishing.

If so, he sure didn't pick a good location to leave him or his things then. He could have put Dylan and/or his backpack, in many places where he would have been found right away.

I realize that the thought is he is not very sharp and maybe his plan backfired on him, but I really don't think this was a premeditated crime by MR.

If he put him anywhere how does it look like an accident?

BBM & O/T I had to laugh at this comment (not at you by no means, just the comment & myself). My kids are not estranged from me, they don't live in my home and have not for several years, some have never lived in the house I have now. They all sure as heck know where things are kept but getting them returned there is another matter. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

There were a few things on that show that sounded like a setup to me, and these were a couple of them. Maybe I'm not just getting paranoid. :waitasec: If I were asked if I felt good enough to do it, I'd probably say, "No, but I'll do it anyway." I wouldn't expect the test to just stop because of that, and I sure wouldn't consider it refusing to take the test.

I saw the mother and father thing to be a way to avoid lying themselves. I had a friend years ago who always said that she never lied, but she sometimes kicked the h*ll out of the truth. That's what I felt like they were doing there to pressure him into taking the test. That way, if MR had been a fan of the show and mentioned a parent who refused to take a test, they could just say that both mother and father hadn't refused that time. I guess I don't have much faith in television personalities who try to come off as something they aren't. MOO

I agree with you! Why didn't they just say they had never had a mother OR a father refuse to take a polygraph? Nope, they put the two together, and AFAIK, Elaine wasn't asked to take one on Dr. Phil. So saying a mother AND father was sort of pointless.
They both took one from LE in the beginning. We don't know if Mark has even been asked to take a 2nd one, but I prefer to wait until LE confirms that he has absolutely refused to take one from them, before I condemn him for refusing.
Actually, there is no law that says they can force anyone to take one at any time. Maybe he just doesn't trust them if LE lied to him about the first one. I don't know for sure that they did, but they have been known to do that in other cases, so who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho