CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics
I'm far more concerned about the child abuse epidemic in this country than teaching old school notions of respecting your elders. Children do NOT need to respect someone who is abusing them or their mothers. :moo::moo::moo:

Respect is earned, not demanded. :moo:

I agree. We taught our kids to "Question Authority." They respected their elders but did not give them blind loyalty.

I completely disagree with this. From the time children are small, they should be taught to respect their elders and authority. Children need to have boundaries and be told the difference between right from wrong. That's what a parent does. A parent does not indulge their every whim and does not give a child their way all the time, this creates an attitude of disrespect and entitlement in a child. That's what parenting is. You do not let the inmates run the aslyum and you don't let kids call the shots in the home. Every child I ever met who was raised without love and a firm hand are behind prison walls now. I think it's ridiculous to believe that a parent has to EARN a child's respect. Absolutely ridiculous. We are suppose to take care of our children and teach them and you don't do that by letting them behave anyway they want towards whomever they want. That's how you make juvenile deliquents. IMO, JMO, MOO.

Seriously? Nope. Lots of things make juvenile delinquents, but not parents who treat their children w/the same respect that they expect from their children.

And love, by definition, IS mutual respect.

Oh my... I don't even know what to think of this.

so the closest cell tower appears to be the Cellular Inc one, app. 1 mile due west of the Bayfield high school.

I am having trouble finding it, can someone be so kind to give me the location (address)for the Mcdonalds they went to?

201 W 6th St.
Durango CO 81301

I completely disagree with this. From the time children are small, they should be taught to respect their elders and authority. Children need to have boundaries and be told the difference between right from wrong. That's what a parent does. A parent does not indulge their every whim and does not give a child their way all the time, this creates an attitude of disrespect and entitlement in a child. That's what parenting is. You do not let the inmates run the aslyum and you don't let kids call the shots in the home. Every child I ever met who was raised without love and a firm hand are behind prison walls now. I think it's ridiculous to believe that a parent has to EARN a child's respect. Absolutely ridiculous. We are suppose to take care of our children and teach them and you don't do that by letting them behave anyway they want towards whomever they want. That's how you make juvenile deliquents. IMO, JMO, MOO.

Yes, children should respect their elders and also be respected as unique individuals. Yes, children need boundaries and need to know the difference between right and wrong. One way to do that is to model it as a parent. Children are not inmates or prisoners in an asylum, though I understand the meaning of this phrase, just that children do need adults to be in authority--but not blind authority--of course, adults must earn respect from their children--by being honest, loving, caring, trustworthy, steady, dependable, and respectful of others etc etc. not by "letting them behave however they want". No one believes that!

I believe in respecting elders and boundaries. But I also believe adults must earn respect. These things are not mutually exclusive.

I also don't believe anyone has been disrespectful or bashing Dylan on this thread recently at all. Not at all I sense a whole lot of love for Dylan here.

If you believe that Mark killed Dylan, and it was not premeditated, well, that means *something* happened that caused Mark to lash out at Dylan. There is a good chance it was something Dylan said. So I guess I could see how saying "Is it possible Dylan had an attitude with his dad and..." and could be considered victim blaming, but I don't see it that way. No one is going to justify what Mark did (if he is guilty) no matter what Dylan said or did. Nothing could come out of Dylan's mouth that would excuse Mark killing him (if he did). I don't think speculating that Dylan didn't want to be there, he said something to Mark, and Mark flipped out, is that horrible.

I agree, eileen. I had some bad moments today. My heart was hurting for him. But I agree with what you've said here. I'll just step away when it bothers me, as I should have done today.

And with that, let's drop the parenting discussion. If you wish to continue it, please feel free to open a thread in the Tots to Teens forum of the member's only area.

Thanks,

Salem

This is where it gets confusing to me. There has been constant insistence that even though MR lived in that house for 5 years Dylan didn't spend any time there. The fact that the mail lady knew of Dylan and that Dylan had places he would go play and hang out around there contradict this. I would like to know how much time over 5 years Dylan was there. I would think enough time to maybe meet some people in the area.

So, if ER and CR are insistent that Dylan didn't spend any time there, then when did Cory last spend time there? How long had it been since he was last at that house? How would he know where a fishing pole was last left?

I'm sorry to ask, but where are you getting this? Could you please provide a link?

I've wondered that too, especially because of how frequently it's stated that MR was estranged from his sons. Cory is one of MR's sons, and if he was estranged from MR, how in the world would he know what's in MR's house and where things usually are?

I would assume that, up until he came of age, Cory had court-ordered visitation as well?

If the mail person saw two teen boys and also knew Dylan was coming, her brain may have made a connection, even if she did not get a very good look. JMO

Cory stated that he has not had much to do with Mark for several years. Elaine said the same thing, so for someone who wants nothing to do with their father, Cory sure seems like he knows a lot about where things are kept and what Mark is doing... or not doing, these days.
And I don't mean that to be sarcastic at all... it's just an obvious fact.

Well, since his little brother was last seen alive with his father, I'm sure that Cory is interested in what MR is, or isn't, doing these days. Like you, I'm not saying it to be sarcastic either -- it just seems logical.

IMO

I would assume that, up until he came of age, Cory had court-ordered visitation as well?

Good question. I had assumed it was shared custody same as Dylan until age 18. I don't know.

Dear RapidBadger,

What on Earth does this mean?

Thank you.

By DWT I think they mean 'DarnWhiteTruck' ----which always seems to come up in missing cases. For example in Mickey Shunick, everyone was on the lookout for a random white truck. Same with Lyric and Elizabeth in Iowa.

Am watching an old Agatha Christie film and Miss Marple said it is best not to alert a suspect until you really have the goods, lol.

Thanks Clu, I didn't know if I had missed any pertinent info regarding the phone. Darn.
Hmm mebbee I have slipped off the fence then some.
Well they did say McDonalds ...and that is the last known location- made public?

So if there are no verified sightings beyond that, then they could have been any where ...ohhhh.
would MR have been captured on camera around the work & lawyer visit? To compare clothing then with any images from the previous night?

BBM

This just raised a question for me; maybe it's been answered, but if so I don't recall seeing it: re: the McDonald's -- last I knew, there was no "video" verification of the two of them being there. Did they ever release anything showing DR at McDonald's, or is the last known picture of him the Wal-Mart one?

By DWT I think they mean 'DarnWhiteTruck' ----which always seems to come up in missing cases. For example in Mickey Shunick, everyone was on the lookout for a random white truck. Same with Lyric and Katherine in Iowa.

Oh, okay, thank you.

By DWT I think they mean 'DarnWhiteTruck' ----which always seems to come up in missing cases. For example in Mickey Shunick, everyone was on the lookout for a random white truck. Same with Lyric and Katherine in Iowa.

BBM. (Elizabeth)

whoa- i must be nodding off- PsychicSleuth didn't you just ask the distance back to MR's house? I was like get outta my head

Okay from McD''s to MR's is app an hour and 15 minutes, taking the 'backroad'- 240 over to 501
and 160 to 501 an Hour & 20 mins, according to Google maps

Its about 30 mins to the Bayfield High school

SO DR 'should' have been in range of that tower west of the high school @ the 8:00 text, by my calculations

If they were at McD's at 7:22 and DR was texting that friend at 8:00, then and then before that, then his phone should have pinged different towers until that one

Is that tower suppose to serve Vallecito too??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en