CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So....staying within the realm of probability....where are we? We have already exhausted the discussion around the possibility of MR being the Perp, but haven't figured out where he would have taken Dylan to hide him, or worse.
Aside from that possibility where have we collectively landed on other *highly* probable scenarios?
1. Dylan ran off...but where and with whose help?
2. Dylan was hitchhiking (he is known to have done this before) and got abducted by a stranger
3. Dylan is being hidden against his will as a pawn in a terrible struggle between his parents. (By whom? Where?)
4. Dylan got in to an argument with his Dad and he was mortally injured by accident. Why no trace of that injury? (Or is there)
5. Dylan never made it to the house and that is why the dogs aren't picking up on that. Or are they?
6. Dylan went off fishing and got injured, fell, drown, (or?) and hasn't been found

I have always felt that this kid just didn't want to deal with his Dad or the amplifying war between his parents. I think he dreaded going there. (Is this an accurate portrayal?) I think he ran off on his own accord and something went wrong from there. I pray he is fine and just too afraid to surface. (So unlikely, but I hold out hope).

My second guess is that Dylan was on his way to see friends and someone picked him up whether his Dad, a stranger, etc. and it went from there.

What else?

Is this your speculation or has this been stated by LE?

Not sure which statement you are looking for verification on. All of my opinions are prefaced with the words "I believe" and may also include the word "seems." The relevant facts are: LE has confirmed MR did take a lie detector test but will not discuss the results. For the entire time of the investigation LE has stated both parents are cooperating. They also have stated that no one has been cleared. The "all the adults" quote I believe is from Dr Phil, but I'll go look that up. There are other statements that say several people have been offered polygraphs.

Look, I agree this guy isn't shining in the brightest light, but I also think he is so over his head in so many ways...and who wouldn't be? I don't think he appears to have the mental capacity to be dealing with all of this...for whatever reason. I'm not so sure I think he'd have the ability to pull off a crime like this without an trace or trail at all. (Unless LE isn't sharing details which they often won't. Sharing info to the public prior to trial can compromise the trial). Be clear, I'm not defending this guy. On the surface he is acting like a total arse, and someone that I find repelling. But I also see confusion and fear and a lack of mental capacity. It would be oh so easy to just say this unlikeable arse is our Perp. I'm not so sure that is the case. I think it would be a disservice to Dylan to stop at that. We need to keep digging deeper. Simple questions like who were these local friends of his and let's look at their associated adults. Who, in that rather small (?) town can remember "visitors" passing through that day? Who remembers odd looking delivery vans, or? Stuff like that. Let's not stop with MR.

Blue above to address your first question.

I'm only 50% certain that MR killed his son. The other 50% of my mind has been and continues to be open to exploring any and all possibilities.

I am a mother, a woman. When I don't know where I am, I ask for directions and help. Many, if not most men, do not. Elaine has acted like a woman. She has gotten help from family and friends to support her in this very trying time. Mark has not. He has plodded along unaided. As much as I would like to say what either of them should or should not do, I firmly believe that the fog and horror of a missing child makes advice and analysis of a broad range of emotional responses difficult. For Elaine, what advice is she getting from friends? Is she really being helped? Is Dylan being helped? For Mark, good god man, ask someone who has Dylan's best interest at heart to help you.

I am sure that blaming people does not help Dylan. The feelings of Elaine's are not in question or judgment here for me. What is productive for Dylan Redwine is! I'm a bit confused that sleuthing seems to amount to opinion on the consequent behavior of parents in a crisis.

BBM

Do we know this?

JMO, we may not be aware of what either are doing, what assistance they may have, behind the scenes

*we = general we

Here's a list I've posted before. Sadly, it's still relevant:

Restating an earlier post which was a restatement of an earlier post:

A) MR did something

1) MR planned for up to three months to murder and dispose of Dylan
2) MR flew into a rage at some point and unintentionally killed Dylan
3) MR handed Dylan off to someone who has kept Dylan hidden for three months
4) MR had his own place to hide Dylan for three months (no assistance)

B) Someone else did something.

1) Someone else picked up Dylan and is hiding him (benign)
2) Someone else picked up Dylan and is hiding him (foul play)
3) Someone else picked up Dylan and killed him

IMO - the "someone else" category is too broad and without being allowed to bring in other names makes for circular conversations.

Months later, those are still the same options. No change. Nothing ruled in or out. LE not issuing a new press release in almost two months.

One updated statement from LE with new information regarding an unspecified text at 9:37pm on November 18.
The forensics were completed on the search of MR's home but no findings were revealed.
A tip with a backstory that some people felt was strange was called in, investigated and per LE provided no information.
The Dr Phil show provided lots of information for character analysis and cemented for many people their opinions about MR's involvement.
As far as evidential analysis, the Dr Phil show brought back the Mail Lady statement, provided the character witness testimony by the ex girlfriend and identified some inconsistencies in MR's story of the timeline on Nov 19 (The story of T and also the fishing pole).
The K-9 Forensics search brought a dismissive statement from LE and reinforced the belief for just about everyone other than LE that someone is in the lake.

Adding to ths list: FMDR FB post says LE seem to be revisiting old information. Also ER and family are bringing in World Class underwater search and recovery to get a final determination on whether Dylan is in the lake. No response from LE on either of these points.

Two relevant quotes suggested last time I posted this:
* "He either left the house and someone abducted him or something happened while he was still at the house. I could not think of a 3rd possibility," said Dan Bender, spokesman from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office.

* Neither Dylan’s father, Mark Redwine, or mother Elaine Redwine, are considered suspects by the Sheriff’s Department.

ETA another relevant quote:
* "We have gathered so many little pieces of evidence, it’s kind of like a jigsaw puzzle and now you’re just looking for that one piece to bring everything together,” Bender said.

I don't necessarily think she's pig-headed or that she would rather blame MR than find Dylan, but I do think she's allowing her emotions to rule her rather than her head, and it doesn't appear to be doing much good at this time.
...respectfully clipped for space...
... I can think of much healthier and more pleasant methods of doing that. If MR really is responsible, there will be plenty of time to bash him (with nobody complaining about it) AFTER Dylan is found. MOO

I made a comment a long time ago meaning to say what you have here. You have stated your meaning much more eloquently than I did and the community, rightfully IMO, called me on my statement thinking I had meant to bash ER.

The community's reaction really hurt me, at the time, because the last thing I wanted was to be poorly thought of here. My son asked me what was wrong, I explained. He looked me straight in the eye and said calmly, "Isn't anger one of the stages of grief?" That was like stepping on the end of a plank and having the board come up and whack me in the face. I have never questioned ERs anger since.

We don't know what LE knows or suspects. We won't know until/if they tell us. Until then all we can do is speculate. They did say at some point that they didn't think he ran away and they thought this was/is a criminal investigation. They must have some basis for that statement I would hope. They don't tell us their plans so we don't know if they want another LD test from anyone. As far as I know we don't even know where they are doing their last searches or if they have found anything. I do know that if my ex had physical custody of our son and he had disappeared I would probably be in jail by now because one way or another he would tell me what had happened and why he let something happen. ER has behaved well IMO. All JMO

Another significant LE statement made fairly recently:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...d-continues-to-devote-many-resources-to-case/

“We have gathered so many little pieces of evidence, it’s kind of like a jigsaw puzzle and now you’re just looking for that one piece to bring everything together,” Bender said.

Thanks for the reminder. I added this to my list above. If anyone has anything else they would like to add or change on my list, please offer it up and I'll edit it.

Thanks for the reminder. I added this to my list above. If anyone has anything else they would like to add or change on my list, please offer it up and I'll edit it.

I can't locate it right now but how bout the quote from LE on Dr. Phil?

TIA

I can't locate it right now but how bout the quote from LE on Dr. Phil?

TIA

This one?
This is a portion of the official statement from the L-Plate County Sheriff's Department.

“The investigator for locating Dylan Redwine is still open, ongoing and active. We’ve even had invest from out of state this week following up on tips. W e have not identified anyone as a person of interest or as a suspect during the entire investigation.”

Neither Dylan’s father, Mark Redwine or mother Elaine Redwine are considered suspects by the Sheriff’s Department.

Another significant LE statement made fairly recently:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...d-continues-to-devote-many-resources-to-case/

“We have gathered so many little pieces of evidence, it’s kind of like a jigsaw puzzle and now you’re just looking for that one piece to bring everything together,” Bender said.

That makes me think they are probably zeroed in on Mark. He is the one they'd most likely have many little pieces of evidence against.

That makes me think they are probably zeroed in on Mark. He is the one they'd most likely have many little pieces of evidence against.

It makes me think they do have a suspect and that is the reason for their silence. Seems that happens quite often. Nothing, nothing and then bam an arrest. Mark seems most likely in my opinion as well, but those of us who feel that way could all be surprised, since we are working with very little.

After reading that excellent report on abductions of children (posted on the search discussion thread, IIRC,) my guess would be they are either looking for the crime scene or the body. I think finding either one of those would result in an arrest.

This one?

Sheriff's Department Statement
The La Plata County Sheriff's Department has issued the following statement regarding the investigation into Dylan's disappearance:

“The investigation for locating Dylan Redwine is still open, ongoing, and active. We’ve even had investigators from out of state, this week, following up on tips. The frustrating part is that we are not much farther along than where we were early on in the investigation, because of the total lack of clues left behind. It has been a criminal investigation from the first evening Dylan was reported missing. Within the first few days, we were working closely with the FBI and within the first week, we assembled a task force comprised of local, state and federal agencies. This task force is still currently in place and pursuing the investigation. We have not identified anyone as a person of interest or as a suspect during the entire investigation.”

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1988/

Sheriff's Department Statement
The La Plata County Sheriff's Department has issued the following statement regarding the investigation into Dylan's disappearance:

“The investigation for locating Dylan Redwine is still open, ongoing, and active. We’ve even had investigators from out of state, this week, following up on tips. The frustrating part is that we are not much farther along than where we were early on in the investigation, because of the total lack of clues left behind. It has been a criminal investigation from the first evening Dylan was reported missing. Within the first few days, we were working closely with the FBI and within the first week, we assembled a task force comprised of local, state and federal agencies. This task force is still currently in place and pursuing the investigation. We have not identified anyone as a person of interest or as a suspect during the entire investigation.”

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1988/

If this statement is strictly true, it is very depressing. I feel like LE has nothing that can point them away from MR, while having nothing that definitely points to him either. I don't know what can change that, if so.

I would do the same thing until the body was found and/or he was convicted, and then forget that he (the ex) ever existed. I really don't have the time or the energy to waste on hating anyone; dealing with the loss of a child would be enough of a drain in itself, and I definitely wouldn't need anymore. I know it's not that easy for most people, but it's the only way I can possibly deal with everything life throws my way. MOO

But while you are waiting for the body to be found, what then?

I will not judge the way that ER is 'behaving' towards the man that she believes killed her child. I don't think any of us know how we would handle that nightmare situation.

If this statement is strictly true, it is very depressing. I feel like LE has nothing that can point them away from MR, while having nothing that definitely points to him either. I don't know what can change that, if so.

clu,

I hope you don't mind but you posted this on the search thread and I wanted to bring it over here.....ITA with your post!

here's clu's post:

Seems to me that even if MR is telling the truth about everything, he seems to get some sort of sick satisfaction in knowing that Elaine believes he knows and is holding back. It is almost like he is so determined to see her suffer, he forgets himself and forgets why they are even in the spotlight at times.

As Dr. P said, if he is not guilty, there is something very wrong with him.

BBM

finding dylan, finding evidence of a crime scene, finding a witness or someone breaking down and speaking out??

Maybe dylan sent Mark a Message?
and maybe it wasnt a nice one?

Since the talk about the later message was sent using an electronic device, and it's been mentioned that Dylan had an iPod touch.

If the Father had taken Dylan's cell phone away from him, and Dylan retrieved the iPod touch, Dylan might have sent the text message to himself in an attempt to locate his cell phone, it's a wild theory, but a plausible one if Dylan couldn't use the house phone, and he was searching for his cellphone.

All anyone knows is the last message was sent at 9:37 PM, originally it was a little past 8 PM, and Dylan never finished his texting with Ryan concerning the next morning, so Dylan could've sent messages to his cell, and if the cell phone was turned off, destroyed, or the battery removed, The cell phone would no longer be able to transmit or receive, But the iPod touch would be able to send text messages using the wireless Internet from inside the house, and it would display the IP address from the location sent !!

BBM

finding dylan, finding evidence of a crime scene, finding a witness or someone breaking down and speaking out??

Yes...perhaps. But none of those things have happened in so many of the other seemingly similar cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member