CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://durangoherald.com/assets/pdf/DU136844517.pdf

"I would like to take the opportunity to address the disappearance of my son Dylan as we are now
at 6 months. Our community like many across the country are still missing one of our children. I
like the many who know him miss his happy personality, smile as well as his outgoing and
giving nature. I know Dylan is loved and missed by all those who know him and we owe it to
him to continue our search to find him. Over the last several months the focus in finding Dylan
seems to have changed to blaming and disrespect. I will be the first to say "I will never give up"
and I am honored to have Dylan as my son.
<modsnip>
I love you Dylan,
PaPa"

I found the actual statement more interesting and helpful than the article.

I agree; thank you for posting. The statement is certainly more telling than the article. Need some time to process it, but WOW. ETA: I can't believe this was run by an attorney, so people may be right in saying he doesn't have one at the moment (other than his divorce attorney).

MR is an easy target, sure. I'd be lying if I said him being involved never crossed my mind. However, I can't automatically jump on the bandwagon that he did it just because he was last known person to see Dylan, he's a weirdo, or because he's an assholio. Can you (general you) imagine how many people would be convicted based on those things alone if that's how we judged people? You think prisons are overcrowded now?

Is my approach wise or common sense?

I will continue to teach my children to think for themselves, to be kind, and to know ALL the facts before judging someone.

MOO

You better not let them see your new avatar then ;-). (Note: Just teasing around with you.)

Bayou Mistress and The Cheese,

Thank you so much for sharing Mr. Redwine's actual statement with us.

Dylan is in our thoughts and prayers everyday.

To Cory: Like Dylan I love you and will never give up on you. Regardless of the things you say
or do I will always care. I feel the same pain, hurt and feeling of helplessness you and your
mother feel. I can't make this any more clear, I don't have Dylan, I have never had Dylan and I
absolutely do not know where Dylan is.==========================

What a creepy thing to do, imo, to PUBLICLY send a jerky message like that to his son. It was a very passive-aggressive message that he published in that paper. He is pathetic, imo.

BBM
Agree! And also creeped me out that he fell short of saying he had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance.

MR always seems to be blaming someone else...this time, it is LE.

Maybe he has. But these counties have lots of land. And a lot of it is probably private and has not been searched. As we know, bodies are often found fairly locally, even after years. Especially when taken by a stranger.

Take for instance the case of the man found a little ways north of La Plata County on Friday May 10th - just over a week ago. He had been missing for the last 26 years - and he apparently committed suicide by driving his car off the road into a ravine where it sat for 2 1/2 decades without being discovered by anyone. A lone hiker in the rough terrain of the canyon came upon the car and noticed a skeleton inside it and called 911. In the case of this gentleman there was no attempt to hide himself, he just happened to be in a spot that wasn't clearly visible from the road, and over the years the car became partially buried in debris that washed down the canyon.

Here's a link to the article with details from The Daily Sentinel in Grand Junction, CO.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/breaking/...ains-near-gateway-linked-to-26-year-old-case/

Now, I hope to God it doesn't take decades to find Dylan, but if he is deceased and someone hid him in those mountains, it may be extremely hard to locate him - if not impossible depending upon where the person decided to place him. Unless of course whoever took him has some type of conscience and comes forward to disclose the location of his body - like what happened in Skylar's case.

Unfortunately, I don't think we're dealing with a young person who may be able to have a life outside of jail someday in the distant future. We are most likely dealing with someone a lot older, and in that case it is likely that they are fully aware that there will be no second chances if they do come forward with a confession.

As always, all of the above is MOO, except where cited. :cow:

I'm reading through the letter from Mark and it really sounds like someone other than him wrote it. It has a feminine style and choice of wording, imho - of course, I'm not a stylistic expert, but some of the phrasing doesn't sound like Mark at all, imo. Especially when compared with his past statements? I wonder how the paper acquired this "press release". There is nothing on the .pdf released by the paper to indicate where it came from, and it's not signed or anything, either... Kind of reminds me of the Jack the Ripper case where they believe others not related sent letters to the media claiming to be the Ripper himself, when they've analyzed the writing and are certain there were at least two different people writing.

I wonder who may have advised MR to write this release as well? It contains many contradictions to his past statements. It's not like one can go back at this point and change one's "initial thoughts" as MR has apparently done. Some of the statements could even be used to question him as to why his opinions have changed since the DP show.

I know we speculated previously that perhaps MR has a defense attorney. I think it's pretty safe to say that if he does have an attorney retained that the attorney would never have allowed this statement to be released directly to the press as it apparently was. Either that, or likely he will have to find himself another one because there is no way a criminal defense attorney would advise a public statement of this sort - especially with the contradictory statements about the searches, LE's competency the first couple of days, etc...

I'm going to try not to say too much else about the exact contents of MR's letter because his tone at times strikes me as taunting and rudely arrogant. I agree with the other poster who mentioned that it's extremely passive-aggressive to attempt this kind of communication directly through the media when at the same time MR is asking for some type of mediator... The request for a mediator frankly strikes me as a joke because is that not what Elaine begged for him to do MONTHS ago? To sit down with her, even with a mediator if that's what he wanted to do? I could swear Elaine mentioned mediation very soon after it became apparent there wasn't any real communication going on between she and Mark.

Anyway, it's getting late here. I've got to get some rest. Lots of new questions and insights from MR's statement. I applaud him for saying something publicly, I just wish it didn't make him sound worse, imo.

All of the above is MOO! :cow:

To Cory: Like Dylan I love you and will never give up on you. Regardless of the things you say
or do I will always care. I feel the same pain, hurt and feeling of helplessness you and your
mother feel. I can't make this any more clear, I don't have Dylan, I have never had Dylan and I

What a creepy thing to do, imo, to PUBLICLY send a jerky message like that to his son. It was a very passive-aggressive message that he published in that paper. He is pathetic, imo.

I'm not sure how this could be considered creepy when his son shouted about how much he hated his father, to his face on a prime time tv show screened internationally. IMO that was a cringe-worthy, much more public moment. MR's words above seem quite heartfelt to me.

BBM
Agree! And also creeped me out that he fell short of saying he had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance.

I can't make this any more clear, I don't have Dylan, I have never had Dylan and I absolutely do not know where Dylan is.

How differently we all read and interpret things - I believe MR's words above are saying exactly what you claim he falls short of saying.

Something that is often misunderstood is that not wanting to accuse MR of anything without some real, concrete evidence does not necessarily make someone a MR supporter. I don't know the man for goodness sake. It just means it seems the right thing to afford him the same consideration and compassion directed towards Dylan's mum and other members of the maternal side of his family.

I also believe that every time a comparison is made between how MR and ER have been treated, it has been interpreted as bashing ER - which is just not fair. So I am going to add here that every time we hear a statement or interview with ER, we do not expect her to keep reinforcing the fact that she didn't have anything to do with Dylan's disappearance - so I don't see why that should be expected of MR either. IMO he has stated this more than once, and for those who don't believe him I don't know why he should be expected to restate this over and over again only to be called a liar.
:moo:

Wow. Funny how everyone sees things differently. I see this as a heartfelt plea to his older son, to say that he loves him in spite of the hurtful things Cory has said about him publicly. He's letting him know that he loves and misses Dylan just as much as they do and will never give up on either one of them. Jerky?? I sure don't see it like that at all, but that's just me.

Not directed at you specifically but this is an example of how his words are twisted around. No matter what he says, people are going to find fault with it. If he doesn't speak out, he's hiding in shame. If he does speak out everything he says is taken apart and turned into something sinister. He can't win.

How differently we all read and interpret things - I believe MR's words above are saying exactly what you claim he falls short of saying.

Something that is often misunderstood is that not wanting to accuse MR of anything without some real, concrete evidence does not necessarily make someone a MR supporter. I don't know the man for goodness sake. It just means it seems the right thing to afford him the same consideration and compassion directed towards Dylan's mum and other members of the maternal side of his family.

I also believe that every time a comparison is made between how MR and ER have been treated, it has been interpreted as bashing ER - which is just not fair. So I am going to add here that every time we hear a statement or interview with ER, we do not expect her to keep reinforcing the fact that she didn't have anything to do with Dylan's disappearance - so I don't see why that should be expected of MR either. IMO he has stated this more than once, and for those who don't believe him I don't know why he should be expected to restate this over and over again only to be called a liar.

Thanks button was not enough!! You said it so well and I thought the same thing. It's been repeated endlessly here about him being silent, wondering why he doesn't speak out. Now that he has, it's wrong. I don't get it.
We should all remember, he has not been arrested or charged with anything, so he still has the right to speak about his missing son, and to direct a plea to his older son. None of his rights have been taken away from him, he's still Dylan's father. He should be able to say what is in his heart the same as Dylan's mother does, whether we like what he says or not.
JMHO

Why would EH need to reinforce the fact she didn't have anything to do with Dylans disappearance? She was nowhere near Vallecito as per the LPCSO press release stating that.

it is an undisputable fact that Dylan disappeared while he was in the custody of MR and that MRs actions/responses have been shall we say very strange at the very least.

Like what? Seems as though every possibility, including aliens, has been put forward...

For me, MR would be no more a POI than anyone else if not for the Sunday night dropping off the face of the communication world by Dylan. That can never be explained to me in a way I will believe, unless by Dylan himself.

All day Sunday Ryan and Dylan texted back and forth but at 9:27 pm Dylan didn't reply to Ryan&#8217;s text message and this is when Mark claims Dylan was texting in his living room. (Time 9:27 p.m. Nov. 18)
Call me when you get here too.)

Mark said Dylan didn&#8217;t respond to his text messages after he moved to CS yet it&#8217;s very evident that normally Dylan does immediately respond to all his messages so imo Mark is admitting there is a problem between him and Dylan. Because Dylan is gone, my guesstimate is that this problem/situation between Mark and Dylan was very critical.

Dylan wanted to see Ryan Sunday night but his dad wouldn&#8217;t let him and it took Dylan 15 minutes to respond to Ryan's text which was sent at 745 pm. IDK if Dylan and Mark were in the area where there is no cell service.

When Mark told MB what happened Sunday evening he stops himself from talking.

<snipped>

Dylan was a constant text-messenger. His fingers would speed across the phone screen as he spun out messages to friends in Bayfield and Colorado Springs. Starting about noon Sunday, Ryan and Dylan carried on a constant stream of banter. The back and forth continued as the boys made plans to hang out as soon as possible.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life--

moo

You better not let them see your new avatar then ;-). (Note: Just teasing around with you.)

lol

O/T

I'm in love with Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory. One of my favorite lines was, "Got your back jack, *****es be crazy." It's a running joke with my dh. My 13 yo says cray cray so I thought this was fitting.

After watching his interviews and patterns of speech, as well as texts to Cory, IMO there is no way this statement was thought out and written by MR himself. And I agree that there are contradictions to his previous statements here as pointed out by others. Lets not forget that he wanted to 'let the investigation run it's natural course' just not too long ago. And as pointed out, he was the one that was insistent that the lake be searched because of the missing fishing pole.

It's called a lie of omission, or not telling the whole truth. Let's say I hired someone else to abscond with Dylan and hide him somewhere, keeping him alive, confined and in isolation. And part of that deal was that I was not to know where Dylan is so that I could "truthfully" make the statement that I have no idea where Dylan is. But obviously I would have had something to do with Dylan's disappearance, and would not truthfully have been able to assert otherwise.

Okay, though I'm not sure how that relates to my post since I made no comments about anyone supporting (or not) MR. IMO Dylan's other family members have not made statements that are suspicious, contradictory and inflammatory and cause me to raise my personal suspicions about them. How you morph that into me being a "supporter" of one "side" of the family or another is unclear to me. I am a supporter of finding Dylan and bringing him home to his family. And please, you have no idea where my compassion levels are.

ETA: I actually do have compassion for both parents in Dylan's case. That just doesn't preclude me of also being suspicious of MR. As an illustration, just because the Dalai Lama can feel compassion for China's leaders doesn't mean he has to believe everything they say with respect to the autonomy of the Tibetan people.

Again I don't know what this had to do with the post I made. You seem to be reading an awful lot into what I typed. And since I made no comments in my post about statements ER has made, I think you are definitely reading way too much into what I typed.

ETA: I do think I see what you are saying here Catwhiskers. If I may paraphrase, I think you are asking why I do not dissect ER's words in the same way. While I may believe she is guilty of not always taking the high road in dealing with her ex husband, of reacting to his button-pushing, etc.,that does not make me suspicious of her involvement in Dylan's disappearance. But that's the only thing for which I can fault her. The same cannot be said for my opinion of MR's behavior and statements.

From my POV it's pretty clear MR has not been truthful, and that makes me suspicious of him. He seems to parse his words very deliberately when confronted, and that makes me suspicious of him. He has still given no explanation as to why Dylan's phone went silent on Sunday night, and that makes me suspicious of him. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Thanks button was not enough!! You said it so well and I thought the same thing. It's been repeated endlessly here about him being silent, wondering why he doesn't speak out. Now that he has, it's wrong. I don't get it.
We should all remember, he has not been arrested or charged with anything, so he still has the right to speak about his missing son, and to direct a plea to his older son. None of his rights have been taken away from him, he's still Dylan's father. He should be able to say what is in his heart the same as Dylan's mother does, whether we like what he says or not.
JMHO

And when he makes those statements publicly then we have a right to analyze and dissect them. Do you honestly think LE read that letter at face value and said "Okay, well we guess any suspicions we had of MR were wrong"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne