CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry but I do not buy 'court ordered'. If she truly thought MR was dangerous she could fight that court order. What could they do to her that was worth losing her son over? what are they going to do make her a private? jmo

Never underestimate the power of a court. They make ex parte decisions based on one parents filing, and can (and often DO) ensure that a violent or dangerous parent has unsupervised visitation with a child.

BTDT

The mother would be committing several offenses by not sending her son and risks losing the child and can be arrested. Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

Thank you all for posting that article! I really needed to see exactly what was printed.

I hoped by the time I got on today that we would have more news. Where is this precious little boy? I have to get my lil one to the doctor but maybe we will hear something soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has this been confirmed to be fact now? That she for sure told a producer he failed? I thought this was speculation, along with the alternative theory that Nancy's show isn't always accurate or current on case info, so they jumped the gun with the "failed" tweet.

Moo

No it IS NOT A FACT!!. In fact ELAINE was all over the place on that issue and said she didnt even know for sure if he took one..then she said she thought he passed.... then said she thought it was inconclusive. This is how misinformation becomes facts on MBs.

But an article I just read LE will neither confirm that either have taken polys nor the results of either.

ETA:
Investigators will not confirm if either parent has taken a polygraph test, but told FOX31 Denver both parents have been cooperative. Investigators have said numerous times Mark Redwine is not a suspect.

IMO

when I lived in CO and received child support it was only after I gave the DA's office his work address that they would garnish his wages.

Yes, that'd be the case if one had to pursue garnishment to force court compliance.

Moo

ER didn't mention anything about the smiley on text while talking to NG last night.

GRACE: Thank you. Elaine, when did you last hear from Dylan?

REDWINE: He texted me at about 7:06 on Sunday night and told me that he had landed and his dad had picked him up. He basically said -- I said, Did your dad get you, son? And he said, yes.

GRACE: What was his demeanor, Elaine?

REDWINE: You know, he was excited to go see his friends. He has friends in Bayfield, which is about -- oh, about 30 minutes away from Vallecito. So you know, he was really excited to go hang out with his friends in Bayfield.

read more here: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

I may have missed it, but nowhere does she say that he was looking forward to seeing dad, or excited to see dad. It's all about the friends, the friends, the friends.

No it IS NOT A FACT!!. In fact ELAINE was all over the place on that issue and said she didnt even know for sure if he took one..then she said she thought he passed.... then said she thought it was inconclusive. This is how misinformation becomes facts on MBs.

But an article I just read LE will neither confirm that either have taken polys nor the results of either.

IMO

I think you misread my post. The post I was responding to said mom had told a producer dad failed. I asked if it was indeed confirmed mom had said that to a producer.

And LE did confirm both mom and dad took LDTs last night.

Both parties took a polygraph early on in the investigation, Shupe said, but authorities cannot release results.
link

Moo

Ok, I see that the weekend is involved with the no contact with LE. That makes sense. Hopefully contact happens between LE and MR this week.

I may have missed it, but nowhere does she say that he was looking forward to seeing dad, or excited to see dad. It's all about the friends, the friends, the friends.

Why would she? She obviously doesn't like dad. Why would she even want to acknowledge that DR might be excited to see his dad? For that matter, why would DR let on like he was excited to see his dad, if he knows how much his mother detests him??

IMO

Thought this read was interesting and wanted to share.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-5...ress-we-need-logs-of-americans-text-messages/

An e-mail message from a detective in the Baltimore County Police Department, leaked by Antisec and reproduced in a Wired article last year, says that Verizon keeps "text message content on their servers for 3-5 days." And: "Sprint stores their text message content going back 12 days and Nextel content for 7 days. AT&T/Cingular do not preserve content at all. Us Cellular: 3-5 days Boost Mobile LLC: 7 days"

I know that many posters have their suspicions about MR. I can't say that those suspicions aren't valid, but I keep trying to look for other explanations for what happened to Dylan.

I keep going back to the idea that Dylan may have decided to hitchhike to visit his friends. Dad leaves for his errands, Dylan finally wakes up enough to realize he just lost his ride, and his phone doesn't work so he can't find any of his friends phone numbers.

Dylan doesn't want to wait around all morning for Dad to get back, so he grabs his stuff and heads out, intending to hitchhike. He accepts a ride from the wrong person, and things go downhill from there.

It sounds like Dylan is a kid who likes to text his friends. He may not have known their e-mail addresses or phone numbers without his phone, and wouldn't have been able to contact them that morning.

Just a scenario to consider. JMO

This is pretty similar to my 13 yo daughter's theory. She doesn't find the dead cell suspicious at all. She said it happens with her friends a lot. She thinks the phone went dead on the ride home from the airport. It was an older phone, probably didn't have the best battery life, and was burning through what life it had searching for a signal. She thinks Dylan got to his Dad's, plopped on the couch, MEANT to charge the phone, but was feeling lazy and didn't feel like getting up right that minute. He drifted off and didn't feel like getting off the couch when Dad woke him early the next morning. My daughter doesn't think it odd that he wouldn't get out of bed right then to see his friends, especially if they were just going to hang out. So Dylan finally does wake up, flips through the channels and finds Spongebob on Nick, and grabs some cereal. He knew he missed his ride to his friends, but had a whole morning to kill, so she thinks he decided to drop by someone's house. She doesn't think this would've had to be a "friend", exactly. It could've just been someone he knew and wouldn't mind hanging with for a few. It could have even been an adult. She thinks he probably grabbed his phone to text the friends he was supposed to meet that morning, but discovered/remembered that he forgot to charge it. (direct quote from DD-"we're scatterbrained like that sometimes.") My daughter doesn't think Dylan would have had any particular urgency to contact his friends, because he wouldn't be able to make new plans with them until his Dad got back, anyway. She figures that he just decided to take the phone and the charger with him and would charge it when he got to wherever he was going, instead of waiting for it to charge before leaving the house. She also thinks that wherever he was heading, it was far enough away that he took his stuff with him, and was probably planning on calling his Dad later and having him pick him up from there to take him to his other friend's house. :twocents:

Either there were some details left out or the neighbor was a troublemaker. Arguing, possibly yelling or cursing at one another is not letting one's temper get out of control, IMO. If there were blows exchanged, pushing or shoving, threats of bodily harm, or a weapon was involved.... yes, I can see calling the cops. But just arguing??? Cops don't usually arrest someone for a verbal disagreement. I guess the neighbor could have gone down and filed a complaint, but it sounds like if all the charges except one were dismissed, it couldn't have been much of a fight to start with.
Oh... was the neighbor male or female? Might make a difference. Men are not supposed to threaten women, but two men fighting, if they are about equal in size doesn't usually upset cops too much, as long as they don't kill one another. That's my experience anyway.
All MOO.

From what I read, it sounded like there was a child involved too. Thus the child abuse part, and there was also an assault charge thrown in there. Menacing, child abuse, assault, trespassing, and disorderly conduct , all together. In my opinion, that is allowing one's temper to go out of control. It is not just yelling to be arrested for 'menacing', it is yelling threats of physical violence and intimidation. I think someone is pretty out of control to be dealing with court charges like those over a broken toy truck.

<modsnip>?

<modsnip>. JMO

This is pretty similar to my 13 yo daughter's theory. She doesn't find the dead cell suspicious at all. She said it happens with her friends a lot. She thinks the phone went dead on the ride home from the airport. It was an older phone, probably didn't have the best battery life, and was burning through what life it had searching for a signal. She thinks Dylan got to his Dad's, plopped on the couch, MEANT to charge the phone, but was feeling lazy and didn't feel like getting up right that minute. He drifted off and didn't feel like getting off the couch when Dad woke him early the next morning. My daughter doesn't think it odd that he wouldn't get out of bed right then to see his friends, especially if they were just going to hang out. So Dylan finally does wake up, flips through the channels and finds Spongebob on Nick, and grabs some cereal. He knew he missed his ride to his friends, but had a whole morning to kill, so she thinks he decided to drop by someone's house. She doesn't think this would've had to be a "friend", exactly. It could've just been someone he knew and wouldn't mind hanging with for a few. It could have even been an adult. She thinks he probably grabbed his phone to text the friends he was supposed to meet that morning, but discovered/remembered that he forgot to charge it. (direct quote from DD-"we're scatterbrained like that sometimes.") My daughter doesn't think Dylan would have had any particular urgency to contact his friends, because he wouldn't be able to make new plans with them until his Dad got back, anyway. She figures that he just decided to take the phone and the charger with him and would charge it when he got to wherever he was going, instead of waiting for it to charge before leaving the house. She also thinks that wherever he was heading, it was far enough away that he took his stuff with him, and was probably planning on calling his Dad later and having him pick him up from there to take him to his other friend's house. :twocents:

Thank your daughter for putting so much thought into her theory! I discussed with my DD15 the other day too .. she had very similar ideas.

Your daughter sounds like a pretty smart cookie. :rocker:

Why would she? She obviously doesn't like dad. Why would she even want to acknowledge that DR might be excited to see his dad? For that matter, why would DR let on like he was excited to see his dad, if he knows how much his mother detests him??

IMO

It makes it so hard on a child when parents are at odds with each other. You know DR loves both his parents, but if he shows love or attention to one he feels he is being disloyal to the other. I went through this and I was 25 years old. It is gut wrenching for the child and a miserable way to live. In these kind of cases out of sight out of mind is a coping mechanism that most kids adopt. jmo

Were they plead down? I thought I read that they were dropped.

imo

Screenshot from last night that Lotus captured for us:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8603590&postcount=891"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #8[/ame]

Were they plead down? I thought I read that they were dropped.

imo

There were a few different charges originally charged, all but one charge was dismissed and he pled guilty to the fourth charge (disorderly conduct I believe). Typically, the prosecutor and defense attorney can negotiate a plea bargain, which appears to be what happened in this situation, IMO

There were a few different charges originally charged, all but one charge was dismissed and he pled guilty to the fourth charge (disorderly conduct I believe). Typically, the prosecutor and defense attorney can negotiate a plea bargain, which appears to be what happened in this situation, IMO

So, again, we really don't know .... so frustrating.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member