CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that his 28 year old son flew in from Arizona to help him out.

MOO

http://articles.pikespeakparent.com/news/dylan-801-son-redwine.html

December 03, 2012 8:29 PM
GARRISON WELLS
garrison.wells@gazette.com

<snipped>
Mark Redwine says he remains puzzled why his son Dylan would try to walk to a friend’s house because the terrain is rugged where he lives and the house is a few miles away.

He has also met with his other son with Elaine Redwine, Cory, 21, and a son from another marriage, Nicholas, 28, from Arizona.

More at link

This is pretty similar to my 13 yo daughter's theory. She doesn't find the dead cell suspicious at all. She said it happens with her friends a lot. She thinks the phone went dead on the ride home from the airport. It was an older phone, probably didn't have the best battery life, and was burning through what life it had searching for a signal. She thinks Dylan got to his Dad's, plopped on the couch, MEANT to charge the phone, but was feeling lazy and didn't feel like getting up right that minute. He drifted off and didn't feel like getting off the couch when Dad woke him early the next morning. My daughter doesn't think it odd that he wouldn't get out of bed right then to see his friends, especially if they were just going to hang out. So Dylan finally does wake up, flips through the channels and finds Spongebob on Nick, and grabs some cereal. He knew he missed his ride to his friends, but had a whole morning to kill, so she thinks he decided to drop by someone's house. She doesn't think this would've had to be a "friend", exactly. It could've just been someone he knew and wouldn't mind hanging with for a few. It could have even been an adult. She thinks he probably grabbed his phone to text the friends he was supposed to meet that morning, but discovered/remembered that he forgot to charge it. (direct quote from DD-"we're scatterbrained like that sometimes.") My daughter doesn't think Dylan would have had any particular urgency to contact his friends, because he wouldn't be able to make new plans with them until his Dad got back, anyway. She figures that he just decided to take the phone and the charger with him and would charge it when he got to wherever he was going, instead of waiting for it to charge before leaving the house. She also thinks that wherever he was heading, it was far enough away that he took his stuff with him, and was probably planning on calling his Dad later and having him pick him up from there to take him to his other friend's house. :twocents:

BBM- I also think it's a possibility the phone battery died on the ride home. IMO it's possible DR met a neighbor last visit in September and that person might have picked him up or he could have walked to their house.
But IMO what continues to negate these theories as a whole IS THE FACT THAT DYLAN HAD HIS CELL PHONE CHARGER AT ALL TIMES..HE WAS NEVER WITHOUT IT.

We are talking about a teen who is very tech savvy and whose social life totally revolves around electronic communication..

Dylans cell phone was in perfect working condition(and believe me if it wasn't dad would have made certain everyone knew the phone was having issues thus the reason the phone has never once been powered on since Sunday night)..not to mention that dad, himself was texting Dylan's phone from his house Monday afternoon..which IMO obviously indicates the phone was in perfect working order as well as there was cell phone coverage at dads home allowing text to freely go in and out..

The above theories don't begin to hold water.jmo.

A teen whose lifeline is his cell phone would have powered his cell phone on and the fact remains that there is zero excuse or way of explaining away why a teen whose complete contact with the outside world, whose cell phone charger has been with him the entire time, and whose phone was in perfecting working order.. Moo is there is no way that this issue can be explained away..NOT WITH THE FACTS THAT WE HAVE.

Agreed with FlyerFan28 and
mck 16 and DylansMom .
This pic makes me very sad and at the
same time I thought surely he's ok somewhere.
Did anyone else feel that or is it just wishful thinking?
Come on baby boy ! Show up cold and hungry and nothing else !

If you are referring to MR's brother he was not at the house that night. He came after DR went missing to give his brother some support. I believe he lives in Arizona. jmo

I don't think so. I think the one that came from Arizona is his 28 year old son.

He said his brother and his son were there and they were hopeing to have another meeting with the 21 year old son that was with mom.

MOO

O M G !
Wooohooo!
There he is !

eta... You know what stands out to me ? He's so very small for 13 :(

Oh I am sooooo glad they have released these pictures. He looks completely different than I imagined.

You are right he does look small and young and so very good looking.

Where are you Dylan?

I have to disagree. When my grandkids travel to my house the very first thing they do is plug in those battery chargers and start charging those phones and Ipads. Somebody's charging something all the time day and night.

As a matter of fact they start charging those batteries before they bring their overnights in. It's that important.

13 and 15 years old...girl and boy! Heck they can text and talk to me at the same time!

I really don't care one way or another. I know people who do a lot of things one way and just as many who do it another way, and probably 10 times as many that do it a totally different way than either. I don't use a cell phone, but I don't say that nobody would think to use one because I wouldn't. Likewise, I don't expect all kids to behave as mine did, or as my sister's did (totally different from mine) or our brothers' did (different from both of ours), or any of the unrelated kids I know, who don't ALL do anything the same way. Because of my lifestyle, there are other things I consider to be more important than whether or not he checked in with his mother more than once the night he got there, that he might be interested in relaxing after the airport/plane experience, shopping and little sleep, or even that he might eat breakfast before getting onto his phone - whether the battery is charged or not.

Because I don't know any of those people personally, I put just as much weight in MR's and the friends' statements as I do ER's; maybe more because she hasn't been completely honest in everything she's said so far. MOO

I've already cried so many tears in this case, I've lost track. This case is consuming me. I'm completely obessed. I want this boy back with his bickering parents. Sad that if they can't come together for this, they'll never come together for anything. Dylan where are you??? What happened to you??? Tell us sweetheart, tell us....... :anguish:

I agree with those who have commented on how small he looks and it gives me the creeps to even say this, that someone could probably overpower or snatch him right up with ease.

yuck

that makes me sick

Agreed with FlyerFan28 and
mck 16 and DylansMom .
This pic makes me very sad and at the
same time I thought surely he's ok somewhere.
Did anyone else feel that or is it just wishful thinking?
Come on baby boy ! Show up cold and hungry and nothing else !

SCHMAE, I want to believe that so bad. I keep hoping and praying.

O M G !
Wooohooo!
There he is !

eta... You know what stands out to me ? He's so very small for 13 :(

Isn't he! I am sooo bad telling how old people are but as soon as I saw him I thought, he's just a kid!

Just wondering out loud. No McDonalds video?

And a belated thanks to those who transcribed NG's show. My husband would have vacated the house for the evening if I'd turned it on. :what:
Same here...except I think my hubby would evict me for turning NG on. I watched TV in another room last night because he was hogging the remote (as usual). I just happened onto Dylan's story on NG when flipping through stations.

Praying that Dylan is found safe!

Let our new round of relevation questions begin....

So is this all he had, the backpack? No other bag?

That's not much, he's carrying a light load.

At least in his bag...

Granddaughter came to visit me recently for several days with just a small backpack - airline charged for anything other than a carry-on, so she wore the same clothes several times and did laundry here.

I agree with those who have commented on how small he looks and it gives me the creeps to even say this, that someone could probably overpower or snatch him right up with ease.

yuck

that makes me sick

Much as I have certainly had suspicions about MR, looking at dylans pics, realizing he is a young boy walking alone at the airport, he does not look as old as some 13 year olds, makes me wonder in different directions.

If I was Dylan's mother, I would be...well, I can't say what I would do because I would be probably be banned...

To see the pictures of Dylan, such a sweet young man. My heart is breaking...I so remember when my son was 13 (he will turn 23 tomorrow) and that walk....

Oh, my, what the heck happened and WHERE is Dylan?

I want to know NOW!! I want a blow-by-blow report from the father.

I am crying also....

^^^i know my pic is creepy but I assure you there is a beautiful blue eyed blonde haired boy under that mask & I'm about to go love on him because I can.

I think everyone who has a boy should do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3