Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #28 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand correctly, the charge is first degree bc he is under 12 years old. Doesn’t make it any better, but some are assuming that it was some premeditated deal as opposed to abuse & then neglect scenario. Just sayin.
Yeah. Because of his age and the fact that TS was in a position of trust, premeditation doesn’t factor in.

It carries the same punishment, but without the difficulty of proving the premeditation aspect (not that it would be hard).

As we learned in the Frazee case, the DA has something like 90 days after the plea in which to seek the death penalty.

It doesn’t matter, as it holds no leverage, because it hasn’t been utilized in over 2 decades.

No person on death row will ever be executed in Colorado.
any chance it could be prosecuted by feds where an abolished dp makes no difference at all?
would take 10 years minim anyway and a very expensive round of appeals year after year

any chance it could be prosecuted by feds where an abolished dp makes no difference at all?
would take 10 years minim anyway and a very expensive round of appeals year after year
The Feds aren’t going to step in here, and this will be a state prosecution all the way.

Even if they could make this a federal case, they wouldn’t do that.

If it helps, it was Al's family who were posting about it on FB (that he asked for a divorce on 1/12 and she changed the FB/cleaned out the bank accounts on 1/13). I had thought he had actually filed (no records) but it looks like it was a conversation that many have mentioned. I hope it's okay to sleuth TS in this manner, not sure.

One related point: just as with wives and children who are in more danger once they announce they are leaving, with murderous women, the husband and children are in more danger when the husband announces he's leaving. DV (including murder) often has an underlying separation (and for people like TS, abandonment issues), financial problems, and of course, stepparents are more likely to harm stepchildren than bio parents are.

Wow. I wonder what she did that made him decide to divorce her. So scary he would have left both little angels with her then. Didn’t he have anyone else to watch them. Usually once they decide on divorce don’t they live apart. Maybe she was play acting “nice” and civil and he thought he could trust her. And maybe he had no other daycare options. Thank God the baby girl is still alive.

Last edited:
I saw the below posted by @jillycat a couple of threads back and it was just so beautiful. I think it's worth reposting in case others like me, missed it. This case has just hurt my heart so much and @jillycat 's words say exactly how I feel:
. . .
The truth is, people feel extremely indignant and outraged about what she did because she was extremely depraved in her extreme conduct, and she caused a little child to be terrified and to suffer deeply, then die. Outrage is the correct response to the outrageous. It may be healthy to regulate intense emotions about her over time, so we’re not in toxic overdrive, but that’s very different, in my opinion, than needing to forgive Letecia Stauch. I don’t view this distinction as a spiritual deficit. I view it as moral clarity.

This is my only prayer:

That Gannon is found. And, that Gannon’s family is fortified by the love and support of those who stand with them, near and far. That they have the endurance they will need to simply face another day. That they develop increasing resilience to get through coroner’s findings, grotesque facts of what was done to their son, a trial where there will never be commensurate Justice, and a life that now includes Absence.

My prayer is that their love for Gannon fuels and sustains a will to persist when they are alone at night, in the awful silence of deep Loss and the throes of traumatic suffering, and wanting God to take them too. Because this really is as bad as they think it is.

There is no ‘closure’, there is no grief model that even approximates what they’re experiencing, you do not ‘heal’ from the absence of someone. The pain of Gone is not an illness with a duration. Rather, Gone is the stars shattering at your feet, the sun extinguishing, and the moon spinning away. There is no day from now on where they will not be sad, even when they know joy.

I hope Gannon is home soon.

“Grief is Love’s Shadow. The Presence of Absence. An unbearable weight of emptiness.” - John Mark Green

This^ Although words can't express how I feel, this comes close. Thank you @jillycat

Gannon’s mother is on record saying she trusted her.

For everyone who’s dumping on Gannon’s father and calling him stupid, a reality about child loss:

Parents feel responsible at some level for the rest of our lives. Whether they die of cancer, car accidents, suicide, murder, don’t wake up from naps, or drop dead of heart conditions, and no matter what their age, we were supposed to be the ones that protected them. We tell ourselves this every single day. We are never fully here after they’re Gone. A part of us lives wherever they are. The APA has said that losing a child is on par with the stress of being in a concentration camp. Yes to that.

I know of 15 parental suicides in my bereavement circle of closed Facebook groups that have occurred in the last 4 years. Another one last week. Personal faith, lack of faith, parents of all walks and backgrounds, doing ok, then , suddenly, not. So, there’s nothing you can post or beat AS with that he isn’t already saying to himself, and he will carry that cross of judgment into he leaves this earth. Not because he deserves it. But because he’s a father whose child is now dead because the person he married killed him.

A reality about social predators like Tecia Stauch:
They’re called predators for a reason.
I never thought I’d be watching a casket lowered into the ground either.

What AS experiences in his own mind is worse than any condemnation others can speak. So let’s not pile on.

Totally agree. Of all the people in this story, I would want most to reach out to him. I know how easy it is to be taken in by the charm of the Antisocial or other Cluster B personality types.

I'm so sorry about your own bereavement and the suicides. I don't know how people can learn to breathe and live again, in these tragic circumstances. I hope Al comes to realize that his situation was no different than being struck by a terrible disease. Parents feel responsible for everything that happens to their kids (good parents do, anyway, especially when the kids are small) and I know he has to live with that feeling. He needs good people around him, he does not need to hear words of blame. He's done his best to try and get TS to tell the truth, he could not possibly have known this was coming - but he'll always feel that he should have known.

Gannon's parents believe that he is dead. I am interested in knowing the reason the DA did not seek the DP in the first place. Is there a burden not met? I regarded as a bargaining chip as opposed to an absolute outcome. I prefer to see her suffer a long, long life in prison.
Ita.
Maybe they went with the harshest charges possible ?
But absolutely it would've been good to see them slap the DP charges and make her plea down to life without parole in exchange for his little remains.

I imagine she will take full advantage of every opportunity to let everyone in charge know that people are being mean to her and nobody cares how special she is.

Personal experience with a sibling nightmarishly similar to LS, they were also removed from base and reassigned for very similar reasons. They never lived on base again. Probably her then-husband’s attempt to shield his career and fellow marines from her craziness.

moo

Yes, the first example that comes to my mind involves the same family I wrote about a few threads ago. Not only was the married couple asked to find housing off base, but once they found a place, he was asked to come back and live in dormitory style digs for a month, pending review of the situation. They got pretty quiet about what happened next (he left the service a bit earlier than perhaps he intended, don't know, haven't been able to find out since then what happened).

Being duped by a narcissist happens to good, hard working, honest, and loving people, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

AS will be beating himself up unnecessarily for most probably the rest of his life over his choices.

I prefer not to bash him and have it archived for his daughter Laina as a teen or young adult to dig up when she really tries to make sense of all this.

Thank you @krowdkat.
... also, they prey upon vulnerable, good-hearted, empathetic and loving people. They are parasites that need a host for supply. Instead of exes and formers, they leave a trail of victims.

At risk of violating the TOS, there are text messages between TS and AS regarding the bath salts. Total BS! That is a classic reaction when a narcissist is guilty of harming someone. They begin a smear campaign to damage their victim's credibility so they won't be believed if they tell.

No, no, no, AS is her victim. He wasn't stupid, he was unaware and deceived.

Wait, according to his family's Facebook posts he asked for a divorce on 1/12/20 and then Gannon disappears on 1/27/20?!

That sounds like motive to me.

JMO.
Crazy, right ?
And yes it sounds an awful lot like motive.

As in, how dare he insult HER wonderful self --after all she'd done for him ?
This monster was going to show him. (Gag)

As we learned in the Frazee case, the DA has something like 90 days after the plea in which to seek the death penalty.

It doesn’t matter, as it holds no leverage, because it hasn’t been utilized in over 2 decades.

No person on death row will ever be executed in Colorado.

Thank you. Death penalty is not a real option in CO.

As MassGuy noted, the last person to have received the death penalty in CO was in 1997, and he was the only person to have been subject to the death penalty in CO since its reinstatement in 1977.

Add that to the fact that CO just voted to repeal the death penalty, and it's pretty clear that it's not an option in this case.

Charging LS in such a way that the likely sentence is life in prison with no possibility of parole is a serious indication of what kind of information they must have here, given that it's the harshest realistic sentence.

Holding out hope that Gannon will be found.

Totally agree. Of all the people in this story, I would want most to reach out to him. I know how easy it is to be taken in by the charm of the Antisocial or other Cluster B personality types.

I'm so sorry about your own bereavement and the suicides. I don't know how people can learn to breathe and live again, in these tragic circumstances. I hope Al comes to realize that his situation was no different than being struck by a terrible disease. Parents feel responsible for everything that happens to their kids (good parents do, anyway, especially when the kids are small) and I know he has to live with that feeling. He needs good people around him, he does not need to hear words of blame. He's done his best to try and get TS to tell the truth, he could not possibly have known this was coming - but he'll always feel that he should have known.
took me 50 plus years to figure baby sister out, it is hard for empathetic average people to comprehend these behaviors, then we try to “help” them, or fix our gaslit selves, I refuse to allow us to lay guilt on AS, he will always think he should have known, pray for him and Landen...

For everyone who’s dumping on Gannon’s father and calling him stupid, a reality about child loss:

Parents feel responsible at some level for the rest of our lives. Whether they die of cancer, car accidents, suicide, murder, don’t wake up from naps, or drop dead of heart conditions, and no matter what their age, we were supposed to be the ones that protected them. We tell ourselves this every single day. We are never fully here after they’re Gone. A part of us lives wherever they are. The APA has said that losing a child is on par with the stress of being in a concentration camp. Yes to that.

I know of 15 parental suicides in my bereavement circle of closed Facebook groups that have occurred in the last 4 years. Another one last week. Personal faith, lack of faith, parents of all walks and backgrounds, doing ok, then , suddenly, not. So, there’s nothing you can post or beat AS with that he isn’t already saying to himself, and he will carry that cross of judgment into he leaves this earth. Not because he deserves it. But because he’s a father whose child is now dead because the person he married killed him.

What AS experiences in his own mind is worse than any condemnation others can speak. So let’s not pile on.

My heart goes out to you, jillycat. While I absolutely agree with what you are conveying here, I am certain I can’t begin to understand it from the level of someone who’s experienced it. Parental guilt is a real thing for me (my kids are 25 and 23), and that is without having suffered the loss of a child. It has to be on an exponentially higher level. I’m so sorry.

View attachment 235953
BREAKING: Letecia Stauch has been released from the J. Reuben Long Detention Center in South Carolina. She agreed this morning to be extradited back to Colorado. For safety and security reasons, law enforcement won’t say how or when they are bringing her back. @KDVR

Nicole Fierro on Twitter

Well, apparently the Judge was correct...him not being surprised if they were on their way now.

Please tell me how someone can be this EVIL? A little boy who should be in school and sports and having fun like my 11 year old grandson who is happy and sweet and plays basketball everyday after school. This is the epitome of evil. Such a sick sick woman.

My heart goes out to you, jillycat. While I absolutely agree with what you are conveying here, I am certain I can’t begin to understand it from the level of someone who’s experienced it. Parental guilt is a real thing for me (my kids are 25 and 23), and that is without having suffered the loss of a child. It has to be on an exponentially higher level. I’m so sorry.
Thank you, that’s really kind.

I just can’t bear the criticism of the parents. This is the worst tragedy and they don’t even know where he is. They can’t even lay him to rest and have a dignified place to visit. The last thing they need is shaming. The mom has gotten it too. Armchair judges and juries when the only person who deserves to stand before a judge is Tecia Stauch. And I wish they could strip her of her last name.

Wish I could like this post 1000 times!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl