Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a bad thought. What if the sock wasn’t a sock he was wearing, but one used to gag him for the final blows :( Could have evidence on it that proves he is dead. (Foam from the mouth/gases released post mortem would likely be detected on the sock if this was the case).
You could be right. It makes more sense that way, because why would there be just a single sock?

Thank you for this warning @oviedo I have nightmares from the torture video as Kitty calls it, and I'm sure the arrest warrant will contain horrors 100x worse. I think I'll have to rely on my fellow WSers for the cliff notes on this one, forgive me sweet Gannon.

I second this...when reading over a search warrant for my Aunt and (now deceased) husband’s home, who was found to be molesting my cousin for over 4 years, I was deeply disturbed and it haunted me for many months. Unfortunately we never had the satisfaction of seeing him arrested, as he committed suicide when LE finally located him. I’ll have to soul search on whether I’ll read any warrants for this case, or follow a potential trial too closely.

I just had a bad thought. What if the sock wasn’t a sock he was wearing, but one used to gag him for the final blows :( Could have evidence on it that proves he is dead. (Foam from the mouth/gases released post mortem would likely be detected on the sock if this was the case).
Oh my oh my oh my.......
I cant think that right now...

I don’t think that she’ll be confessing to anyone because I sincerely believe that she has convinced herself that she did not kill him, either because it was an accident or in some way shape or form this was excusable to her.

She's already been confessing, little by little. "The wood flew off the truck, along with the socks." "This is not a tragedy this is an accident" "Yep, I was up north of Colorado Springs, while I was lost." "Yep, I rented a car"

Those are all pieces of a confession. Since she apparently has no clue how to keep herself from saying things like that, I am guessing that once she develops relationships with other women in the Hoosgow, she'll start comparing mothering notes with other women and more will come out in bits and pieces. She's not going to dial up the prosecutor and give a confession, no.

While describing the "accident," she may well give up many other incriminating details. I sure hope so.

I am wondering something that I am sure someone here knows. Can testing blood on an item be able to tell if it was blood from a deceased or blood from someone that was alive. I am sure there is better lingo for this questions but I don't know it.

Those are all pieces of a confession. Since she apparently has no clue how to keep herself from saying things like that, I am guessing that once she develops relationships with other women in the Hoosgow, she'll start comparing mothering notes with other women and more will come out in bits and pieces. She's not going to dial up the prosecutor and give a confession, no.

Snipped, but this ^^^!!! I think you're on the money and I'm very curious about what she's going to blab about behind bars. I doubt she'll be as popular in jail or prison as she thinks she'll be, and I think she's likely to run her mouth.

there has to be more than a hit from dogs...I’m not an expert, but I highly doubt scents picked up from dogs are admissible in court. They’re like lie detector tests, help LE narrow in on leads and evidence, but aren’t admissible. If dogs picked up on decomp, evidence would need to be processed after. Have we passed enough time since searches in Douglas Co. for DNA analysis results? Specifically the searches with snow sifting?
IMO they found evidence of a bloody scene with dna matching Gannons. They have not found the actual body, but enough evidence that we are not privy to that would allow them to say they do not believe he is alive. Much like Kelsey Berreths case that we just went through.

The address is listed on the incident report. If I am misunderstanding the information, please let me know.
I searched the Horry County property records and the only thing that comes up when I search "Coastal Grand" is the Mall of South Carolina. It looks like Coastal Grand circles around the entire mall.

Thank you for this warning @oviedo I have nightmares from the torture video as Kitty calls it, and I'm sure the arrest warrant will contain horrors 100x worse. I think I'll have to rely on my fellow WSers for the cliff notes on this one, forgive me sweet Gannon.
Our fellow sleuthers warned me of that video so I did not watch it- I appreciated that so much - I want to remember him in his cute little YouTube video

Gannon Stauch

dang its taking so loooonnnngggg….maybe they took her on a hike up a mountain....or better yet, they took her to Petco to purchase a muzzle for her.....or maybe even they stuffed a sock n her mouth.....ok, Ill stop and go sit in the corner now!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
I am thinking she is being interviewed by detectives. That can take hours and hours. Hoping she will break down and give it up.

“I watched the video. I could slow it down, speed it up. I know he didn`t come home with her. I knew something-- she done something with him or to him."

"I just kept looking through video-- hundreds of clips-- until I found it."

Cassy Brown knows the family. Her son was friends with Gannon-- the two bonded over video games.

"It`s been really tough," she said. "He really did love Sonic as much as everybody says."

Like many in the Lorson Ranch subdivision, they are showing their respects. Blue is the theme. Balloons and ribbons are hard to miss.

"He's really a light. He is so happy and so loving,” Brown says.

"After hearing what happened (LeTecia’s arrest) , it's like, it's just heartbreaking," Drayton says.

The Lorson Ranch community is praying for the family that is experiencing tremendous sorrow.
Neighbor with video evidence reacts to Gannon Stauch's stepmom's arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member