Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m having trouble understanding why someone who secretly dislikes children would try to become a teacher?

I think it's one of those majors like "business", which come in handy for people who really otherwise don't know what they want to do with their lives. Heck, I'll just say it - IMO, there is still a stigma even in the 21st century, that elementary education is a pursuit best embarked upon by women; a "genteel, ladylike" sort of career. (I know this will probably be controversial as a statement and spark some strong denial; but look at the gender ratio in educational programs today. It's still heavily weighted towards women and away from men.)

I’m having trouble understanding why someone who secretly dislikes children would try to become a teacher?
I have several answers too lengthy for this, but my short answer is simply, someone she crossed paths w/ was/is a teacher...I don’t mean she admired that person, rather she wanted the attention and respect that person had...

Can a Colorado Springs resident help me?

Where is District 20? Is it near any of her weekend/Monday trips like GOTG or Petco?

With this new information and realizing that she was doing orientations in that district, I wonder if she included the area in her weekend/Monday plans.
The places she went (GOTG, Petco) are D11. D20 is right beside it, a tiny bit north.
Hopefully this map helps a little. I'm guessing it's accurate as I don't know much about some of the southeast areas, but looks good for the north where I live.
Where 83 meets 105 is going to be the Lewis Palmer District (D38). If she traveled backroads on 83, she would go through D20 to D38

If she interviewed for a D20 position, she probably was at the D20 admin building which is off Chapel Hills near the Chapel Hills Mall. That is a pretty busy area though.
I think I read she was hired for Mountain Ridge Middle. That is also in a populated area with plenty of houses, near the Shops at Briargate.
But interviewing and being hired for D20 I am sure probably did have her driving around the north area more than she normally would. She lives pretty far south in comparison.
Colorado Springs School District Map - خرائطي على Google

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed due to discussing social media>

She was then hired at French Elementary, where she taught from August until November, when she resigned.
Stepmom arrested in Gannon Stauch disappearance was fired from teaching job days before boy went missing

According to this ^ story she resigned from the job <modsnip: removed reference to deleted quote>.

I do wonder if being fired from the middle school three days before Gannon went missing, contributed to what happened to Gannon. Fired on a Friday, Gannon is injured on Saturday night in the garage, something happens to the carpet in the basement Sunday, Gannon leaves and doesn't return on Monday. Coincidence?

I'm not sure the sequence of events above are truthful, Saturday's story about cutting his foot is likely just a way to explain blood in the garage. I think whatever happened went down Sunday evening, MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if she didn’t show her face in those interviews bc it was scratched, cut or bruised from walking thru brush in rough terrain with Gannon or during a struggle with him. She’s been arrested before for physical assault.

2. Another thing I thought of is I wouldn’t put it past her to try and wage an Ariasesque domestic abuse defense against the husband. She’s extremely defiant and vengeful and also the queen of scam. Why would anything be off limits. imooc. I think we’re really in for a ride with this one. Buckle up.

3. Maybe it’s good the judge isn’t letting cameras in the courtroom. We don’t want a repeat of Drama Queen Jody. Puke Puke and double Puke . Somethings u just cannot unhear or unsee.

Last edited:
Ok, I’ll pile on, when I was in college, my boyfriend /now hubby, said it was an EASY major...this was 40 years ago, and I don’t think he was being sexist. I do not know if this is still the case, but I sincerely wish I had taken that direction, there are some really gifted wonderful teachers. I think it takes a very gifted person to be a teacher, and my grandsons schools have wonderful make teachers. I find her career selection odd, but someone 20 threads or so ago, explained teaching experience necessary for other education careers....JFR Some of my best friends are teachers, they are smart, dedicated, and patient, WSMnit so much

<modsnip: quoted post was removed due to discussing social media>

She was then hired at French Elementary, where she taught from August until November, when she resigned.
Stepmom arrested in Gannon Stauch disappearance was fired from teaching job days before boy went missing

According to this ^ story she resigned from the job <modsnip: removed reference to deleted quote>.

I do wonder if being fired from the middle school three days before Gannon went missing, contributed to what happened to Gannon. Fired on a Friday, Gannon is injured on Saturday night in the garage, something happens to the carpet in the basement Sunday, Gannon leaves and doesn't return on Monday. Coincidence?

I'm not sure the sequence of events above are truthful, Saturday's story about cutting his foot is likely just a way to explain blood in the garage. I think whatever happened went down Sunday evening, MOO.

That is what I keep thinking. Everything crumbling around her, she seems to have some serious issues with impulse control, and poor Gannon got the brunt of it, poor sweet little guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I’ll pile on, when I was in college, my boyfriend /now hubby, said it was an EASY major...this was 40 years ago, and I don’t think he was being sexist. I do not know if this is still the case, but I sincerely wish I had taken that direction, there are some really gifted wonderful teachers. I think it takes a very gifted person to be a teacher, and my grandsons schools have wonderful make teachers. I find her career selection odd, but someone 20 threads or so ago, explained teaching experience necessary for other education careers....JFR Some of my best friends are teachers, they are smart, dedicated, and patient, WSMnit so much

I don't think there are "easy" majors out there. Everything takes work.

JMVHO.

Imbalance of power & a captive audience is my guess. Those poor students!

There are so many wonderful, dedicated, caring teachers out there but sadly I've come across some where I ask the same thing you did and think it's the last profession they should've chosen. It takes patience, flexibility, understanding, and a lot of extra hours & hard work, but some don't figure that out until it's too late!

Last edited:
District 20 is on the north end of the Springs. But district 38 is farther north and includes Monument and likely up to the county line. I live far on the south end in District 3 where she worked last year and where Gannon went to school. So don’t quote me. ;)
Do you know where the pond is that they were searching with sonar in relation to the school? It was next to a school bus garage.

Well I saw a show which showed how this could be done...so I bet she wasn’t locked down too tight.
I seem to recall there are protocols for transporting prisoners to ensure this does not happen.
I'm annoyed now because her tantrums and actions are dominating media.
The little child, Gannon is playing second fiddle again.
He deserves so much better.
She competes with Gannon for headlines.
She wins again.
Can we at least be advised on whether or not there is any point in searching for him or is he irretrievably lost forever?

She was fired from the teaching job 3 days prior to disappearance, while still in orientation, bc they double checked her past and found all of those aliases and I’m sure had to jump thru hoops to find all of the past arrests, all of which present a clear picture of a violent, aggressive scam artist. But is this the same school district she was complaining that Landen’s uncle worked for and “got her fired from?”

And wasn’t she trying to get a job as a flight attendant out of Miami around the same time? !?!?
No that school district was in South Carolina. The flight attendant job she applied for was Denver & Miami, what that was about I have no clue? How would she take care of the kids when Al was gone? Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy