Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up yet once again. I'm currently on page 21. Just had a question for y'all... I've never been to a Play it Again Sports, but I've heard they sell a lot more than sports items. Does anyone know if they sell pet-related items? And/or take them from customers? I'm specifically wondering about carriers/kennels. Thanks!
No, they sell used sports equipment. It would be a good place to buy used hockey equipment, but the timing might not have been great, since hockey season is usually over by mid February and I would expect that there is not much stock left by the end of January.

Pretty much the same here, although it's been longer for me (out of the relationship) and it does get better. I still have PTSD and I still have bouts of struggling with it each year. My ex was diagnosed with 3 different personality disorders, at different times, but on top of Bipolar II. Now that his Bipolar II is under control (20 years later), I think his doctors have revised his other diagnoses - he seems to be doing pretty well.

All of these conditions cause problems with impulse control. However, as in your case, the impulses are against some person who is close to them. I remember asking one of my ex's doctors why in heck he could be SO well behaved at work (and in other social circumstances) but was so crazy at home. People really had a hard time believing what he was like at home. His doctor said, "Because family life is more stressful and there are no outside eyes on the situation." Doctor explained that such people are comfortable in structured situations, often do well at work, seek structure in life, but cannot handle such things as spouses and children, who do unpredictable spontaneous things.

The number of times I had my purse contents dumped on the floor (because he couldn't find his keys or because he blamed me for not remembering to give him cash - my job was to do everything possible to make his existence easier) or something thrown at me...I can't even remember now. It was humiliating and at the time, it did seem like my fault. I was the one who went to the store, got a little extra cash, I knew he needed it for lunches etc., why did I not remember to give it to him? (Why didn't he ask in a normal manner??)

I hope you are feeling well and much safer. I was always a very optimistic person, which was part of the problem and I don't think I'll ever be that person again.
So glad I never have to experience any part of that familiar scenario again. Did you ever hear "Do you want me to get MAD"? Try answering "yes" (ie elevate the threat) or "no" (just grovel since it's all your fault anyway).

After reading the petition to unseal the affidavit, I'm confident it will be unsealed. "The people" (The state) do not oppose the unsealing, only the defendant opposes it. Haha, I oppose you killing an innocent child, LS.

The attorney filing the media's request attached case examples that seem pretty watertight to me (ordinary person, not a lawyer). It would seem the only reason to not unseal would be a potential danger to state information that can't be protected by other way.

I wonder how soon we'll get to read it. I'm dreading it and hoping for it at the same time.

ETA link: News organizations ask court to unseal arrest affidavit for stepmother facing murder charge | Colorado Freedom of Information Coalition

With Tricare, the nurse advice line is often a lot easier to use than making an actual appointment. Depending on the clinic that Gannon was assigned to, appointments can take up to a week to be seen. Generally, we are unable to just "call" our DR's. The fact that she called the nurse line is not very alarming to me personally. I've had to call several times for issues with my own children.
No, they sell used sports equipment. It would be a good place to buy used hockey equipment, but the timing might not have been great, since hockey season is usually over by mid February and I would expect that there is not much stock left by the end of January.
True. But if Gannon was joining in-house team mid season, the PAIS is where one might start a search for good quality used skates and if PAIS had other stuff that would be a bonus.

Every statement she has made has been about defending herself, trying to control the narrative, blaming others, and hindering the investigation. She has not once shown any empathy or concern about Gannon.

She doesn't even understand that posting a picture of Gannon waving goodbye would be upsetting to his parents. Even after it was explained to her she got defensive. She said she wasn't going to 'appease' Landen and was going to keep it because it can be seen as a 'happy memory.'

All this knowing Gannon was dead and his parents were devastated because they still didn't know if he was alive or dead. But she knew, because it was a "happy memory" from when Gannon was still alive.

Anyone who can make statements like that bashing and taunting his parents while she knows exactly what she did to their son is not normal.

Whether you call it psychopathic, narcissist, selfish or inhumane makes no difference.

Imo

I call it stone cold evil!

How about if you don't want to "appease" the heartbroken mother of a child who's been missing for weeks, you just do it out of common decency!? Even a stranger could tell that it was upsetting and cruel! :mad:

Pretty much the same here, although it's been longer for me (out of the relationship) and it does get better. I still have PTSD and I still have bouts of struggling with it each year. My ex was diagnosed with 3 different personality disorders, at different times, but on top of Bipolar II. Now that his Bipolar II is under control (20 years later), I think his doctors have revised his other diagnoses - he seems to be doing pretty well.

All of these conditions cause problems with impulse control. However, as in your case, the impulses are against some person who is close to them. I remember asking one of my ex's doctors why in heck he could be SO well behaved at work (and in other social circumstances) but was so crazy at home. People really had a hard time believing what he was like at home. His doctor said, "Because family life is more stressful and there are no outside eyes on the situation." Doctor explained that such people are comfortable in structured situations, often do well at work, seek structure in life, but cannot handle such things as spouses and children, who do unpredictable spontaneous things.

The number of times I had my purse contents dumped on the floor (because he couldn't find his keys or because he blamed me for not remembering to give him cash - my job was to do everything possible to make his existence easier) or something thrown at me...I can't even remember now. It was humiliating and at the time, it did seem like my fault. I was the one who went to the store, got a little extra cash, I knew he needed it for lunches etc., why did I not remember to give it to him? (Why didn't he ask in a normal manner??)

I hope you are feeling well and much safer. I was always a very optimistic person, which was part of the problem and I don't think I'll ever be that person again.
@10ofRods , your post is helpful and offers insight into this case. You are not alone in your experience. And awareness of those disorders will go a long way into healing.

Thank you!

Gannon Stauch: Heightened security expected as stepmother accused of killing Colorado boy prepares for court hearing

A stepmother accused of killing Colorado boy Gannon Stauch is due in court Wednesday, and authorities expect that additional security will be in place.

According to KDRO, El Paso County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Sgt. Deborah Mynatt said additional deputies will likely be on hand during Letecia Stauch’s Wednesday hearing at the El Paso County courthouse, given the high emotions surrounding the case.

Stauch’s hearing is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, when court traffic tends to be lighter. However, Mynatt warned that only a few dozen or so people will be allowed inside the courtroom, due to its small size.

Last edited:
I think we may see parts of the affidavit soon. Some cases I've followed, parts of it were released at different times. I think some of it won't be unsealed until the preliminary hearing. I'm anxious to see it and like others, dreading it too.

Eta: fixed word.

Last edited:
MsBetsy, I agree with all of that except the last sentence. My eyes were really opened on reading that book about CW by Derhally. The last half discusses narcissism in depth.

I didn't say it doesn't apply in this case, I said that I myself am not comfortable applying that term. (Because I see it used so much it can't apply to every single criminal IMO)
Yeah, I understand. I think people use the term loosely to describe certain characteristics and everyone has a different perception of what the word 'narcissistic' means.

I do think it applies to many criminals, though, especially murderers.

Imo

Here you go...found a copy of the motion here:

News organizations ask court to unseal arrest affidavit for stepmother facing murder charge | Colorado Freedom of Information Coalition

*Click on the blue bolded word "motion" in the article and it links to the actual motion that's been filed.

I think we're going to see that affidavit sooner rather than later.

The attorney who filed the motion on behalf of multiple MSM outlets is the President of Colorado's FOIC, so he clearly knows his stuff.

I fully anticipate that we may well be reading it here as early as tomorrow after her court appearance.

JMO.
Thanks I’ve added it to his media thread

PER the document above-- "
The Defendant’s counsel has indicated to undersigned counsel that the Defendant
opposes the unsealing of the probable cause affidavit"

I guess my feelings are that the "Defendant" should NOT have any rights or say in this matter.
But that's JMO

I agree. I mean she is presumed innocent until proven guilty so why should she care what the Affidavit says? :mad:

Yeah, I understand. I think people use the term loosely to describe certain characteristics and everyone has a different perception of what the word 'narcissistic' means.

I do think it applies to many criminals, though, especially murderers.

Imo
While growing up quite a while ago, lol think way last century, the term always meant "someone who always looks at themselves in a mirror". IE the Homecoming Queen, the girls you dislike in 7th grade, movie stars, politician's wives, the cute boy in 8th grade who ignored you and thought he was such a hotshot.

Now it covers all the comment sections on SM, mean boyfriends, ex-husbands, nasty girlfriends, criminals, Chris Watts (according to some), Shan'ann Watts (according to others), commentators towards other commentators. It's basically the first thing said in a new case, and continues on and on.

I don't mean you or anyone else on WS, but that explains why I myself am just not going to decide who is and who isn't. And I've had lots of experience with mean sickos.

Alright, I've given up.
I spent like the last like 5 days trying to catch up, and I just can't lol.
So, I'm just going to skip the last thread, but I think I'm caught up on anything that has happened.
Between the court date tomorrow and a feeling like something is going to happen, I really want to be able to have the real time conversation. Hopefully I haven't missed anything too important!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee