Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the camp that believes TS used murder as a means of covering up abuse, too.

I believe she assaulted GS on Sunday night, and inflicted injuries on him that she could not explain away.
She then decided she needed to make the evidence of her crime, namely, GS, disappear.

Because I subscribe to the theory that TS murdered GS to hide the evidence of her assault against him,
I have a hard time buying into the idea that she then placed him somewhere close to home with the goal of his body being found.

Logically, that makes no sense.

If you're willing to take the extreme measure to kill a child to conceal your abuse of him, then it's unlikely that you're going to place the child somewhere that he's likely to be found.

I'm convinced GS's injuries were such that she could not risk him being discovered, because if his body were to be found, the evidence of the injuries he suffered would be evident.

I've always believed the motive for GS's actual murder was self-preservation.

TS hid him for the sole purpose of ensuring he would not be discovered.

That was the whole point of killing him, i.e., she was desperate to avoid the consequences for her assault.

She had to get rid of the physical evidence.

GS himself was the biggest, most damning piece of physical evidence against her.

She's put him somewhere she thinks he can't possibly be found.

FWIW, I think she's wrong about that.

I still believe his body is going to be recovered. Eventually.

JMO.
I agree with everything you have stated.

The only thing I would like to add is that she's not that smart. Where she thought it would be "brilliant" to hide his body may not be the case.

I can't shake the feeling that he is in a place that is familiar to her.

MOO

Thank you.She will never give up his location. Such a vile evil woman.
MOO

quoted and snipped by me :)

She will never give up his location. I've thought about this. Is it because she is that vindictive? Could it be that she is protecting an accomplice?

Lastly, her attorney's may, at some point, advise her that it is in her interest to reveal Gannons location, or at least what happened to him, to LE.

My gut feeling, and it's not a good one, is that the real reason she's not giving up his location could be that the horror of what she did is so repulsive, for self preservation, she simply cannot reveal it.

I hope I'm wrong.

So does anyone here think that Tee, or someone procured by Tee, moved Gannon’s body out of state? Pardon me if this has already been discussed...

You know, this is something that I've thought about over and over. An accomplice, a family member, someone she is close to, that she would need to protect at all costs.

There is no evidence that I've seen indicating such, LE has not spoken of the possibility, there's been no search that I'm aware of outside of the state, HOWEVER, I'm suspicious :)

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/20CR1358/001/Complaint and Information.pdf

Anybody have any idea what the numerous ", XX" entries on the Endorsed Witness List included in the complaint mean?

Anyone, anyone?

@oviedo, @gitana1, anybody else have a clue?

Also, another thing about the witness list:

I'm not seeing any names with an "MD" or "DO" credential, which is surprising to me.

I would absolutely expect LE to interview Gannon's pediatrician and/or to obtain a search warrant to review his medical records in these circumstances.

I'm wondering whether or not the ", XX" designations could be witness names that have been withheld.

JMO.
I confess I haven’t really looked at the witness list until now - we use XX as a placeholder for information we must provide when naming them -such as the address - we don’t want to withhold the list so it’s submitted with incomplete information - but many other names don’t have this XX designation so.. IMO that missing information is important if that’s what they are doing - I agree with a pediatrician or someone medical to testify about his condition - a lot of interesting names on this list - my guess is there is extensive outside video of her movements based on some of these names/addresses
JMO

I also think something big happened Sunday besides her disgusting actions towards G.

Let me put my tin foil hat on for a sec, bear with me.

Does anybody else remember when we first got wind that they were going to release footage, what was shown on the news teaser was the stills during night time that looked like there was a car in the street with the headlights on. I just having this sneaking suspicions that whatever was captured that Sunday night is going to be as important, if not more, than the video of him getting in that truck and never coming back. This is where my hat will come into play. I have always thought the way RD video was released and the reactions from the EPSO was strange, the whole thing was weird to me. I really feel that a news stationed would not release footage from an active investigation when LEO was adamantly asking not to. This is a missing 11 year old child, not somebody stole a couple oz from a pot shop. This may be wayyy out there, but I think the original video that was so important and such a break to the case, wasn't the one of him getting in the truck during the day, but what happened in that driveway the night before. I don't know if something like this is even possible, but maybe media got wind that there was a video, they jumped all over it, LEO and Media went back and forth until they chose a video to release that would do the least amount of damage to their case. Give the media info to give the public and they get their clicks and LEO gets continued/renewed interest in the case and shake the crap out of the suspect. Or the Media was like were gonna release some video, which one would you rather have out there.
I always thought it was strange that when they were giving previews to the upcoming video, they were at night, then when we finally see it, it was during the day. Maybe it was just bad editing, or a switch in what they were to show everybody. I think when trial comes, we will find out that RD camera picked up so much more than we could imagine, and I think a huge part will be on that video from Sunday night.

Ok, Ok. Putting my tin hat back up. LOL

Edit: Expanding on a thought. The night time video also fits better into something RD said than it would the daylight video. He said he watched a part of a video many many time to understand what he was seeing (I'll find the link and insert. I think it was the PEOPLE article). Him saying that in reference to the daytime video never meshed well in my over active imagination. With the video that was released, yes it may have taken a second to click or a rewind to understand what was going on, but I don't think is something that would take numerous views to register. Now, with a video that is recording in the dark, this to me matches having to replay many times to really put everything together. It's dark and with lights from houses and cars, it illuminates it enough to see, but not as - clear as day -, and could be easily missed while scanning through. I hope I'm explaining clearly.

Absolutely agree. There is footage, very damaging footage in my opinion of the night before. So damning, that I was questioning early on, with others, whether he even disappeared Monday.

It might have been @katydid. She’s really good on the stats. I have some child murder databases on my google drive I’ll try to go look through. This is the only stat I could quickly find and not sure is completely relevant.

A unique pattern of distance relationships exists in child abduction murders. The initial contact site is within 1/4 mile of the victim's last known location in 80% of cases. Conversely, the distance between the initial contact site and the murder site increases to distances greater than 1/4 mile (54%). The distance from the murder site to the body recovery site again decreases, to less than 200 feet in 72 percent of cases.
http://www.pollyklaas.org/media/pdf/Abduction-Homicide-Study.pdf
I don't think I have ever seen statistics about where bodies are commonly hidden in Murder by child abuse cases but it seems like many times the body is hidden in the home or very close to the home. In some cases parents have disposed of the body in storage units or dumpsters.

In many cases the child dies in the home and the parents call 911 and lie about what caused the injury.

Of course in this case TS was not going to take any risks. I don't know where she could have taken the body, but I think she either tried to put it where she thought it would never be found or she tried to make it look like Gannon had an accident after running away and getting lost. Or she hoped it would look like he was abducted and killed.

Imo

MOO its just too easy for searchers to miss something hidden.
I think he is just off the road close to his home.
I believe he will be found eventually near a place where a vehicle can access Jimmy Camp Creek wash. A turnout, a driveway etc. Within 200 ft. of the road.

I confess I haven’t really looked at the witness list until now - we use XX as a placeholder for information we must provide when naming them -such as the address - we don’t want to withhold the list so it’s submitted with incomplete information - but many other names don’t have this XX designation so.. IMO that missing information is important if that’s what they are doing - I agree with a pediatrician or someone medical to testify about his condition - a lot of interesting names on this list - my guess is there is extensive outside video of her movements based on some of these names/addresses
JMO
XX could be military ?

I'm in the camp that believes TS used murder as a means of covering up abuse, too.

I believe she assaulted GS on Sunday night, and inflicted injuries on him that she could not explain away.
She then decided she needed to make the evidence of her crime, namely, GS, disappear.

Because I subscribe to the theory that TS murdered GS to hide the evidence of her assault against him,
I have a hard time buying into the idea that she then placed him somewhere close to home with the goal of his body being found.

If you're willing to take the extreme measure to kill a child to conceal your abuse of him, then it's unlikely that you're going to place the child somewhere that he's likely to be found.

I'm convinced GS's injuries were such that she could not risk him being discovered, because if his body were to be found, the evidence of the injuries he suffered would be evident.

That was the whole point of killing him, i.e., she was desperate to avoid the consequences for her assault.

GS himself was the biggest, most damning piece of physical evidence against her.

JMO.

THIS!!!! Makes so much sense. GREAT THINKING!!!! Straight forward and logical. I completely agree @GordianKnot. Always love your posts. :)

I believe he will be found eventually near a place where a vehicle can access Jimmy Camp Creek wash. A turnout, a driveway etc. Within 200 ft. of the road.

I'm in agreement with you, but it could be anywhere, not just Jimmy Camp Creek area. But yes indeed, the killer would want cover to dispose of Gannon's body, likely a wooded area, up to a thousand yards or so off the road.

Problem is, there are literally hundreds of such places in the area. Places we're not even aware of.

A google earth aficionado can spend hours looking at the back roads and possibilities.....I have :)

If you've never heard of a travois, it is an interesting item. The reason I bring it up is, I personally have moved loads that I could never lift, simply by dragging them on a tarp.

JMO.
Good thoughts. Had he been found, LE would have determined cause of death in a couple of days from the coroner and the abuse would have been known too. I hope with all my heart he is found soon. She has meted out enough torture for his family. It’s time she faced it.

I have been thinking a bit differently today about (wherever- the place I can't mention) Tee was seen going to the 'windows' and looking out a few times.
Maybe she did that on purpose to alert store clerks that she is looking at/for something in the parking lot.
Perhaps Gannon was not even in the truck then and the whole purpose was to make someone say they saw her looking out the window, to create the illusion that he was in the truck. Thoughts?
RIGHT ?!!!
Whenever I start thinking that she did NOT move him on Tuesday and get on the fence with that theory, I have to stop and ask WHY RENT a car then??
Was it strictly to just get rid of evidence/clothes/ etc using a different vehicle ?
Or did she in fact go back and move him ?
Why that darn rental car ?? This really bugs me !!

gannon is my hero!

Because she still wanted the runaway story to fit,

Monday, she put him in a place familiar to her, w/ in
approximately 2.5 miles

When they subsequently found him there, somebody might have recognized AL ‘s truck had been there. ( lots of red trucks)she expected him to be found!

she didnt finish hiding him, she sees or hears a car coming. she quickly left w/o finishing

She planned on going back the next day

Did not count on the community & CHURCH response

After all Gannon was just a very little boy.

She slept on it, maybe? ( I hope notJMO)

She knew she had to go back and do things properly

She didn’t want to be seen twice near the area. In ALS truck

Rented a car for this reason ONLY.
KINDA EXPLAINS WHY SHE KEPT IT FOR SUCH A SHORT TIME!!!!!!

But if anyone wondered, she was using the unfamiliar car excuse searching

She may not actually have realized little boys of Gannon’s age really don’t run away unless from something really awful. ie puberty class comment.

graphic warning! She may or may not have known she was going back to a dead little boy.

That part right there makes a difference. Was she prepared for that or not?
going to be part of prosecutor’s case, because she either left him there or put him in the rental car.
Think poopy pants.

I think there is a good chance he IS still there in original spot.
If she HAD tried to move him, she would still have traces of that on her.

Simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

Find Gannon!

Please note, that there are loads of places w/in her close neighborhood.

had not used google earth recently, the street view is so much better than before.

you Can get a sense of seclusion or not. Sometimes it’s more the clear view that you could SEE far enough down the road to see cars approaching, and take action. Not just hiding but also seeing in the distance

<ADMIN NOTE: Please make it clear that the above is strictly your opinion, i.e. MOO, IMO, etc >

Last edited by a moderator:

JMO.

Very well said. I agree with everything you've stated except the reason she possibly got rid of him close to home.

Not because she wanted him found, but because she's too lazy to put more effort into it & figures it's good enough.

Afterall, she is the smartest person in the room. :rolleyes:

I don't think I have ever seen statistics about where bodies are commonly hidden in Murder by child abuse cases but it seems like many times the body is hidden in the home or very close to the home. In some cases parents have disposed of the body in storage units or dumpsters.

In many cases the child dies in the home and the parents call 911 and lie about what caused the injury.

Of course in this case TS was not going to take any risks. I don't know where she could have taken the body, but I think she either tried to put it where she thought it would never be found or she tried to make it look like Gannon had an accident after running away and getting lost. Or she hoped it would look like he was abducted and killed.

Imo

"runaway" buys more time at the beginning, but runaways meet accidents and bad people, so you have 'plausible deniability' when the child is found. So, no matter what the coroner says, the perpetrator can keep denying. MOO

I have one such unbelievable place! And several more almost as good thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565