Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When why so many separate charges? I guess it could be "we have no clue but it could have been one of these."

I prefer to think that 2 of those methods (firearm and blunt force) would leave forensic signs that are readily observable.

Not able to tell which actually killed him would be my thought for the separate charges. Or his body wasn’t found whole so they can’t tell which it was, just that it was one of those

Yeah, the separate counts has me backing off the idea that it’s an either/or situation.

From the beginning, it stood to reason that there would be atleast 2 events of physical violence.

The abuse event, and the murder event.

Blunt trauma and cutting my have occurred during the abuse, with a gun potentially being the murder weapon.
That is what I am thinking.

I’m shocked - is this what the 900 miles was all about? She drove him all the way to Florida, dumped him like trash and then headed to SC? You vile woman!
Is the car she rented in COS the same car she returned in? If I were driving 900 miles with a dead body, I would opt for a pickup. The mileage on the car she returned was supposedly ~900 which could be her return trip only. Also note, she openly shared that rental car receipt. There’s nothing to indicate that she didn’t make changes to it before she made it public. MOO

^^sbbm

LS drove more than 900 miles between Tues 8:50 a.m. on January 28, 2020 and Wed at 1:20pm when she returned the rental car -- about 27 hours! (link below).

So she rented a vehicle to pick up her frantic husband at the airport. But then dropped him home and went to pick up Gannon's dead body to dump him in Florida? Seems too abrupt.

I just can not see her doing that media interview on TV at a time she is already receiving death threads and being accused, and then going to move his body? that makes zero sense, she would have known there was a possibility she was been watched like a hawk, it just makes no sense at all.

RIP Gannon, we can finally bring you home to rest.

Does this mean Gannon didn't specifically do anything to trigger her into a random murderous rage? That she thought about this and planned all of this ahead of time? Sick.

Not necessarily.

I think she assaulted him Sunday night in a rage, then realized she couldn't possibly explain away the nature and/or severity of his injuries, and decided to kill him.

My theory all along has been that the initial assault on GS was rage-related.

The murder itself was premeditated.

I haven't heard anything today that's causing me to rethink that at all.

Quite the opposite, in fact:

What I heard today bolsters that theory in my mind.

JMO.

Last edited:
New Charges:

Letecia Stauch facing new charges after stepson's remains found in Florida

Count 6 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - use of firearm
Count 7 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - use of a blunt instrument
Count 8 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - use of a knife or other sharp instrument
Count 9 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - unlawfully causing the death of Gannon Stauch
Count 10 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - use of a firearm related to murder in the first degree - child under 12 years of age
Count 11 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - use of a blunt instrument related to murder in the first degree - child under 12 years of age
Count 12 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - use of a knife or other sharp instrument related to murder in the first degree - child under 12 years of age
Count 13 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - unlawfully causing the death of Gannon Stauch related to murder in the first degree - child under 12 years of age

I used to think stopped cars on the hwy were suspicious to some degree but no more.. many people pull Anywhere to make calls or text

same as my thoughts, an autopsy was already completed or completed enough to add those specific charges

We know the bloodied board and sock were found in an earlier search. If it tested positive for blood and skin tissue that might be that charge. I would imagine (even if the body was fairly decomposed) that evidence of stabbing on bones was present as well as bullet damage evidence on bones as well.

I am sad that it appears that this was abusive torture over a period of time rather than a quick death for this poor boy. My thoughts are with his family as they try to take in this new level of reality.

This is what bothers me too. How was she not seen by LE? There were no eyes on her? I assume she drove across the country with her phone off? No GPS on the rental vehicle? I’m just so confused

They wouldn't have known on Feb 1-3 that she had the rental. Surely they got that from banking/CC data. Perhaps there was a tip but it would have taken time (at least 48 hours I"d think) to get the GPS data from the rental company.

So she had lead time. She may have tried to factor that in. Still, why take the longer route? Here is where I'm certain that some of her family and friends know something we don't.

Pace, FL is roughly 1,200 miles from CO Springs. This would have had to been another time - likely on a drive back to SC? But if she rented a car to do this they could track where she went even if they did not follow her so I am confused.

No, this rental was the day after GS was reported missing.. LS rented a car at the airport when she collected AS (1/28) and returned the car the next day -- after driving 900 miles in the 27 hours that she had the car before returning it.

I think LS murdered GS on Monday (1/27) and moved his body in the rented car the next day. I would not be surprised if LS handed off his body to somebody (that drove to Florida with his remains) in order to put that kind of mileage on the car in one day. (Estimate she drove 450 miles to meet somebody and returned for roundtrip 900+ total miles).

LS told Crimeonline she rented the car to look for GS because she thought it a good idea to use a vehicle GS was not familiar with -- so he would not be afraid he was in trouble.

ETA: If LS did not hand GS body off to somebody then I also think she could have hidden him in direction east and picked him up on her way to SC.

Last edited:
Gitana, it seems Gannon's little body would be pretty decomposed if he'd been in Florida this whole time.

However, it does seem that it would be obvious whether a gun or a knife had been used, right?

Also won't tests be able to show whether he was drugged or poisoned?

Sorry to ask these questions. I know how much all you folks on WS are grieving. God bless you and his family.

I...wouldn’t expect his body to be in good shape. It’s warm in Florida with lots of bugs and animals around. They will be able to tell some things, but not everything IMO. I started researching this when Mollie Tibbetts was missing and it led down a (dark) hole of information

New Charges:

Count 8 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - use of a knife or other sharp instrument
Count 9 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - unlawfully causing the death of Gannon Stauch
Count 10 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - use of a firearm related to murder in the first degree - child under 12 years of age
Count 11 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - use of a blunt instrument related to murder in the first degree - child under 12 years of age
Count 12 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - use of a knife or other sharp instrument related to murder in the first degree - child under 12 years of age
Count 13 - Crime of violence (special enhancer) - unlawfully causing the death of Gannon Stauch related to murder in the first degree - child under 12 years of age

Oh Holy Heck. This certainly reads differently than how it was verbalized in the press conference.

New Charges:

I’m so behind and saw this. I just can’t.... I’m broken.

New Charges:

Just so much worse then I ever thought it would be

She would have likely put him in a container of some sort (suitcase has been rumored for a long time now).

It’s still grotesque, but I don’t think she was driving around with his body exposed.

I still believe someone in the house told the police what she saw that pointed the finger toward T killing Gannon.

This person probably mentioned her loading a suitcase (assuming the story is true) and I believe it is. (If G's body was just thrown out, the birds and varmints would have left little to be discovered in that length of time.)

I don't see how T kept his body until she drove to SC as the smell would have been overwhelming.

Once again I think we're going to be totally surprised when we learn what this depraved human being actually did and perhaps, be surprised at who helped her.

Last edited:
She would have likely put him in a container of some sort (suitcase has been rumored for a long time now).

It’s still grotesque, but I don’t think she was driving around with his body exposed.

I still believe someone in the house told the police what she saw that pointed the finger toward T killing Gannon.

This person probably mentioned her loading a suitcase (assuming the story is true) and I believe it is. If G's body was just thrown out, the birds and varmints would have left little to be discovered in that length of time.

I don't see how T kept his body until she drove to SC as the smell would have been overwhelming.

Once again I think we're going to be totally surprised when we learn what this depraved human being actually did and perhaps, be surprised at who helped her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18