Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. When this all went down HH was a minor and I don't know if they could make her talk without her parent's or legal guardian approval. Now that she's 18 can they interrogate her for something that happened when she was minor?
I don't think it made much difference. She could talk to the police as much as she wanted to at 17, but probably not be as legally compelled to talk as she is after 18.
Psychologically taking in your mother is a murderer and involved you in the cover up; I think that would take about week to process. Dreadful, depressing and unreal as it must be, if she isn't being a forthcoming witness for Gannon then she should be charged with obstruction.
Also if she is not forthcoming she should not be allowed to continue her path into the military, they dont need a soldier that can't see that honesty is required.
This case reminds me so much of Caylee Anthony. I followed that one very closely and was sure that it was a slam dunk, but Casey got away with it. Can we look for loopholes in the case again TS? I need reassurance. I feel 100% confident that she did kill Gannon; the evidence looks overwhelming, but when I start picking it apart I worry that it is lacking in some ways from 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standpoint:
  1. No one saw TS with Gannon around the time he went missing/was murdered.
  2. LE didn't realize his body had been transported out of the area.
  3. No evidence on TS's VW or AS's truck (right?)
  4. The motive is not all that firm.
  5. Blood evidence is not conclusive as in Kelsey Berreth's case.
Strong points against TS:
  1. Strange, guilty behavior - renting cars, giving interviews
  2. Purchasing cleaning supplies at time of disappearance
  3. Lying, lying, lying
  4. Cellphone, GPS evidence placing her at scenes with evidence of Gannon.
I am hoping that LE has much more conclusive evidence against TS. If they can place her in the location where his body was found, that will do it. Without that evidence, I am worried. I know the AA was released before the body was found, but as it stands now there are so many gaps. I don't want to be disappointed in the outcome of this trial. JMO
This case reminds me so much of Caylee Anthony. I followed that one very closely and was sure that it was a slam dunk, but Casey got away with it. Can we look for loopholes in the case again TS? I need reassurance. I feel 100% confident that she did kill Gannon; the evidence looks overwhelming, but when I start picking it apart I worry that it is lacking in some ways from 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standpoint:
  3. Lying, lying, lying
I am hoping that LE has much more conclusive evidence against TS. If they can place her in the location where his body was found, that will do it. Without that evidence, I am worried. I know the AA was released before the body was found, but as it stands now there are so many gaps. I don't want to be disappointed in the outcome of this trial. JMO
I think the cameras and gps that place her at 105 on 1/28 and 1/30 will be critical for conviction. She drove to the location where his blood and article of clothing was found. MOO not a lot of gap there.

Of course, none of us knows what she did but I've been amazed at how heavy an object can be and still be bumped up a set of stairs on wheels.

Throw in the fact that T's adrenaline would have been pumping and I think it's reasonable to believe she moved Gannon up one step at a time in the suitcase.

MOO

Just brainstorming here. But could it be that LS did not use the stairs to pull the suitcase up?

What if she took the suitcase outside from Gannon's room on the lower basement level then just pulled it up in the yard to the garage? Then she just took it in the side door of garage.

Using the yard would not involve steps and she could have waited til after dark. JMO.

Thoughts?

Just brainstorming here. But could it be that LS did not use the stairs to pull the suitcase up?

What if she took the suitcase outside from Gannon's room on the lower basement level then just pulled it up in the yard to the garage? Then she just took it in the side door of garage.

Using the yard would not involve steps and she could have waited til after dark. JMO.

Thoughts?
I thought that there no exits from the basement, only through the sliding glass doors from the kitchen to the backyard and from the first floor into the garage and the front door. Am I mistaken?

Thoughts?
IIRC there is no way to exit the house from the basement level. Only a front door, the slider at the back of the house from the dining area and the door from the main floor into the garage.

MOO I think a fit woman could wrangle getting a 95 lb wheeled suitcase up a flight of stairs without too much problem.

IIRC there is no way to exit the house from the basement level. Only a front door, the slider at the back of the house from the dining area and the door from the main floor into the garage.

MOO I think a fit woman could wrangle getting a 95 lb wheeled suitcase up a flight of stairs without too much problem.
There's a window in the basement, right? Is it large enough she could take the screen out and put the suitcase and Gannon out the window? Then put him in the suitcase in the backyard and then load it into the Tuigan?

3. Lying, lying, lying

Investigators in the CA case seriously bungled some of the tech-related evidence that could've had an impact on the jury's decision.

The arrest affidavit in this case provides enough details that I'm reassured that the ball isn't being dropped like that here. Also, the FBI was on this case in a matter of days, which bodes well for a strong case.

I wonder if CA could've gotten away with it today, in a more tech-saturated world, with every other household having a Ring camera.

There's a window in the basement, right? Is it large enough she could take the screen out and put the suitcase and Gannon out the window? Then put him in the suitcase in the backyard and then load it into the Tuigan?

There are four windows in the basement but they would require going UP an egress ladder (attached picture). Harder to do.....

1 window in Gannon's room
2 windows in the open basement area
1 window in HH's room

It also appears Gannon's window is blocked by his dresser in the AA pic.

The blood found indicates the body or bloody items were moved through the house to the garage.

upload_2020-5-3_10-58-7.png

Maybe. The windows I saw are those well types that the Watts had. About 4 feet deep.
Hoisting the suitcase up into the well and then up and out of the well seems like more work to me than pulling the bag up stairs few steps at a time.
MOO if she used the window it would have been recorded by ADT which would be more good evidence.

Last edited:

There's a window in Gannon's room. I can't tell if it's a regular window or an egress window with a window well. Regardless, there's no entrance to the garage from the backyard (where G's window would lead to). She would have had to take him through the gate, around the side of the house and into the garage at the front of the house.

There are four windows in the basement but they would require going UP an egress ladder (attached picture). Harder to do.....

1 window in Gannon's room
2 windows in the open basement area
1 window in HH's room

It also appears Gannon's window is blocked by his dresser in the AA pic.

The blood found indicates the body or bloody items were moved through the house to the garage.

View attachment 245502

Thanks. Definitely an egress window then. I agree she moved him through the house.

The virtual walkthrough is so helpful. I highly recommend it to anyone who has questions about the layout of the house. The link is in one of the threads... Somewhere.

3. Lying, lying, lying

I hear what you’re saying. (Sigh)
MOO the blood evidence of Gannon on the board is very compelling. It was found in one of the locations Ts VW was tracked to.
https://www.scribd.com/document/454747746/Letecia-Stauch-Arrest-Affidavit
A
nd the blood evidence found in TS’s VW is very telling. LE can find no proof of anyone other than TS having access to Gannon on January 27. TS VW is a huge part of this case, IMO.
Flashbacks of the Casey Anthony case scares practically everyone when it comes to justice, as does OJ.

Attachments

• 9A91564D-9D27-4BFC-83D8-696C71FECC75.jpeg
    9A91564D-9D27-4BFC-83D8-696C71FECC75.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 6ED87916-CCA7-46D7-BBD7-58B8235D41F4.jpeg
    6ED87916-CCA7-46D7-BBD7-58B8235D41F4.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 25
I don't think it made much difference. She could talk to the police as much as she wanted to at 17, but probably not be as legally compelled to talk as she is after 18.
Psychologically taking in your mother is a murderer and involved you in the cover up; I think that would take about week to process. Dreadful, depressing and unreal as it must be, if she isn't being a forthcoming witness for Gannon then she should be charged with obstruction.
Also if she is not forthcoming she should not be allowed to continue her path into the military, they dont need a soldier that can't see that honesty is required.

HH can and will be compelled to testify.

Witnesses don't get to just refuse to testify when they're served a subpoena.
If she refuses to testify, she can be held in contempt of court and thrown in the slammer.

The only time people can plead the 5th is when their testimony might be self-incriminating.

HH is going to be called as a witness by DDA Allen. That's a given.
She was in that home in the hours both before and after GS's disappearance.
She's one of the last people to see Gannon alive.
She's one of the people who saw and spoke with TS that day.
She bought cleaning supplies that were likely used to clean up GS's blood.
She went and picked up TS in Colorado Springs for some completely unknown reason after TS had rented a car.
She was with TS in the days following GS's disappearance, and likely travelled with her out of state.

IF HH hasn't done anything criminal, she can either do the smart, honorable thing and tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth when she's up on the stand.

Or she can be dumb and dishonorable, like her mother, and lie under oath.

It's that simple.

Message to HH: "Make good choices."

JMO.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if AS ever official adopted HH? And if not why? Isn’t that a common thing people do after 5 years of marriage if the child’s bio-father is deceased?
My guess is that AS did NOT adopt HH. If he did, that would stop her monthly Social Security check that TS received when HH's father died.
However, I am sure AS was generous with HH as well.

Plus if so, HH would be HS and TS would be sure to post that on SM to rub in LH's face. JMO.

3. Lying, lying, lying

The mountain of evidence is overwhelming in this case even more so than in the CA case

Just one key difference is that LE knew about GS disappearance very early and there was a lot of evidence found right in the victims own home.

We do not know that all the blood evidence is inconclusive and in fact I believe we have learned that some of it has already been shown to be conclusive .

It seems to get forgotten but there were many that thought that the evidence in the Berreth case was lacking. And that was a no body prosecution!

Many were astounded by what we later learned that investigators had on PF.

And much like the Berreth case prosecutors were ready and prepared to go forward with a no body prosecution in this case as well. The significance of that fact cannot be understated!

There's a reason why no body cases have such a high success rate, bc it takes a lot of overwhelming evidence to make those charges stick

She's guilty and they have her dead to rights. And these prosecutors that are seeing to that have a very proven track record.

HH being truthful is important for the family to have all the details and for understanding what completely transpired.

Is it critical to getting a guilty verdict? Personally I think they have plenty to do it without her full cooperation.

I do believe its critical in HH own wellbeing to be truthful and fully break away from her mother, and non-withstanding its simply the right thing to do.

But what She doesn't fully answer and or refuses to say may be just as powerful against her mother as what she does say.

Either way T is going to go down and DA Allen with the guidance of Dan May will see to that IMO

The evidence is Overwhelming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member