Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little sister’s bedroom is on the main floor of the house too. The bedspread she’s using in the video is for children. I know because my first grade daughter has the same one. IMO she’s shown in her own bed in the video.
Well, if her room is on the main floor, then the other bedroom in the basement must have been HH's room. Maybe she shared the bathroom with Gannon.

I wonder if she was curious or had any questions about why her mother was spending so much time cleaning the basement, Gannon's bedroom, and the utility room while Gannon was "missing."

Maybe she did ask, and TS said something like, she was so busy cleaning that she didn't notice Gannon leaving or that he hadn't returned on time.

Yet, at one point, didn't she tell AS she was working out or exercising in the basement around the time he "left?"
That does not explain the reason for the back door being opened and closed so many times during the "cleanup" time, though.

I wonder what she told her daughter. Whatever it is that HH saw and heard, she will be a valuable witness for the prosecution.

Even if she has still refused to speak to LE, she will have to answer questions if she is called as a witness.

Imo

There are suggestions elsewhere that a strong connection exist between an address in the area of the searches in Colorado and an address near Pace. I am curious if any sleuthers here have come up with this same connection?
According to the affidavit, she had no relatives or connections to the area in Colorado where she first dumped the body, so she had no reasonable explanation for being in that area, except that it was secluded and a good spot to hide a body.

As far as Pace is concerned, we don't yet know if she knew anyone in the area, but she might have thought it was a good place to dump the body, since it was somewhere in between Colorado and SC, but far enough away that she thought LE wouldn't find it or connect it to her.

Imo

Remember those searches of water with the submersible and divers?? I could totally see LS chucking the murder weapons (at least some of them) in a pond. I hope LS has the weapon(s) too!

Too late to edit, so I'll quote & correct myself!
*I meant to type "I hope LE has the weapon(s) too!

As @MassGuy would say, error due to a case of Leticitus!

I know the blood pattern on the wall doesn’t appear to match a knife, but I’ve often wondered if she did stab him and her hand slipped down the knife. That could explain why she presplained her blood, and her hands looked like they were bandaged in the cousin it interview.
Since she was trying to presplain her blood being present, then I do think it’s probable that she was bleeding at some point. The thing that gives me pause is that there was nothing in the affidavit in regards to wounds on her hands. I would expect law enforcement to both check for injuries, and document those injuries within the AA.

So I’m not sure what to make of it.

Thanks, DTPeke. This is so helpful!! Well, until I ended up in a very small closet. It's strange that claustrophobia can also kick in virtually, I started clicking circles very rapidly. :)

The window wells are interesting. Maybe designed for fire escape/ emergency exit only since there is no door?

Normally, in order for a basement room to qualify as a "bedroom," there must be an egress window. Most city residency codes have precise window well measurements.

I'm sure it has to do with being able to exit the basement in an emergency. A true basement would not have any door to the outside, unless there were also an outside stairwell (unusual these days).

Since she was trying to presplain her blood being present, then I do think it’s probable that she was bleeding at some point. The thing that gives me pause is that there was nothing in the affidavit in regards to wounds on her hands. I would expect law enforcement to both check for injuries, and document those injuries within the AA.

Yes, I can't imagine that LE would not look for any injuries or document them in the AA. They asked for her DNA, after all.

I still think she used an object, such as a tool like a hammer or a baseball bat to hit him in the head, causing severe head trauma, which caused the blood spatter on the walls, and the blood to seep through the mattress, sheets, blankets, pillow, and carpet.

I think that is the injury/ injuries that caused his death.

Imo

I wondered if it was an attempt to explain away her guilt.

Yes he was bleeding, we both were! , I cut myself trying to help him.

The fact that LE would certainly discover whether she was in fact bleeding or not non-withstanding.

Thanks, DTPeke. This is so helpful!! Well, until I ended up in a very small closet. It's strange that claustrophobia can also kick in virtually, I started clicking circles very rapidly. :)

The window wells are interesting. Maybe designed for fire escape/ emergency exit only since there is no door?
Smiling as I type. :);) You are not alone my friend. No hide and seek between us. You will easily find my virtual circle halfway up the wall, at an odd angle in some random corner perched like Spiderman. It also makes me claustrophobic/dizzy.

Correct, the window wells/ladder are required as a safety exit.

Unfortunately :( there was no escape for Gannon.

Smiling as I type. :);) You are not alone my friend. No hide and seek between us. You will easily find my virtual circle halfway up the wall, at an odd angle in some random corner perched like Spiderman. It also makes me claustrophobic/dizzy.

Correct, the window wells/ladder are required as a safety exit.

Unfortunately :( there was no escape for Gannon.
I dont think he thought she would ever go that far. Amazingly angelic child. SMH IMO

Please forgive me if this has been discussed as I'm several pages behind, but in the AA this text is sent to Harley (from Gannon's phone, most likely sent by LS):

10:37 a.m.
Text sent from Gannon’s phone to Harley

“Tecia left the phone at home if you need her txt me”

Does anyone find it incredibly odd that this text was sent in case Harley needed to contact LS, but nothing was sent to let AS or Laina's school know that LS didn't have her phone on her 4 hr jaunt? o_O

Did AS try to contact her during this time to find out how Gannon was doing (because he stayed home sick from school)? If he didn't it's a clear indication what state their marriage was in, IMHO! If he did (I think he did) he must have thought it REALLY odd that LS didn't pick up or respond! I think he definitely knew something was wrong & off when he hadn't heard from Gannon & got no response to his multiple "Hey Buddy" texts throughout the day. I think that's why he kept sending them. His heart must have been in his chest and slowly breaking with each hour that he did not get a response from his son, I know mine would have been!

MOO JMO
That text to HH only has always been a slow blinking beacon on my radar.

I do not have kids so school rules are foreign to me BUT she is a teacher and supposed mother! I could forgive not calling the school as I am clueless to such.

I see the text as a way to downplay the aspect she has intentionally left her phone at home and to keep TABS on HH. HH is in town whereas AS is thousands of miles away. AS will not be showing up unannounced - HH might.

I have always thought every text from AS to Gannon was further angering her.

It also brings me back full circle. IMO. AS has no clue Gannon is running errands with LS on that day. He has been sold the sick story. This would explain some of the surprise of seeing GS and LS on video.

I believe she took the two pictures for a reason: one was to send to AS during morning hours the other for evening to prove GS is alive but still sick and sleeping. He can't come to the phone.

The texts were enough to satisfy As to a point but agree at some point he is alerted/concerned.

He forced her hand in calling the police. Her plans went awry.

Gannon is not given permission to play Zelda. Why would he be given permission to visit a friend or take a 4hr drive.

"Not today" or any other day. Monster.

Thanks for your kind words.
I've been immersed in scientific covid and my poor head is fried as a result.

I have a good memory for case details usually, but the AA kinda tripped me out.
I recall the various trips to the home made by LE and forensics and crime scene people at widely dispersed stages, but I cannot figure out how they assumed he died in the home on that afternoon .
Blood evidence could have been from anytime.
It was awhile before forensics went in there... not sure how they could say with certainty he died there that afternoon.
BUT there could well be cctv footage from other neighbors that we never saw showing him return home..
I'm tired now.
Thanks for putting me straight.

The ADT activity that shows how many humans are where in the house.

One stopped moving. While the other ran up n down to the garage.

Any chance she took GS in by the side gate before pulling up?

Didn't their home have a ring cam?

Imho more details about what happened will come out.

Defense has to have time to review discovery. Yikes.

HH is in town whereas AS is thousands of miles away. AS will not be showing up unannounced - HH might.
The chance of HH showing up at home is one of the reasons why I don't think the bloody attack took place on Sunday and not cleaned up until late Monday.
Why take the chance to leave evidence when HH could show up while LS & GS driving around.

It also brings me back full circle. IMO. AS has no clue Gannon is running errands with LS on that day. He has been sold the sick story. This would explain some of the surprise of seeing GS and LS on video.
AS was aware that GS did not go to school on Monday (AA #27). "....I'm just going to give them an excuse at work and stay with him..."

Gannon is not given permission to play Zelda. Why would he be given permission to visit a friend or take a 4hr drive.

IMO, LS tried to provide a cover for herself for the 4 hour trip with Sunday night internet search regarding what age a child could be left alone at home.

No Zelda didn't raise any flag for me coming from AS as it's a typical form of punishment for an 11-year-old. (Or maybe no school, no video games). Allowing GS to go to a friend's house after missing school makes no sense because it never happened! This was just the excuse she came up with to explain his absence -- and never to be seen again.

I do think that LS may have used allowing GS playtime with the police to suggest GS was not punished for the spilling candle wax on the carpet, etc. (LE would have asked LS if GS had any reason to run away...if anything unusual happened at home..).

MOO

ETA: LS did tell others that her blood mixed with GS's blood might be found (rape allegation). AA #100 & 167.

Last edited:
She told LE her blood would be found in the mix. Was it? Does anyone recall seeing that on the AA? If so, I wonder what caused her to bleed.
When did she tell LE that "her blood would be found in the mix?" I don't recall any mention of her blood being found at the crime scene or anything in regard to her telling investigators that she left blood behind or was wounded in such a way that her blood would be found mixed with Gannon's blood.

She may have made up stories to explain why her blood 'may have been found,' but I don't remember her specifically telling LE that her blood would be found at the crime scene or in any of the vehicles used to carry out the crime.

Imo

Only way she could have done it was by managing to create a perfect seal on that suitcase. Possibly bagged his body several times in pvc or some such leakproof material prior to placing it in suitcase, then carried it everywhere with her, into whatever hotel she moved into immediately, wherever she went, it would have been normal to carry a suitcase.

She might even have dyed it so it no longer resembled the missing brown suitcase.

It's crazy she pulled it off so well and managed to hide it right out in the open, never seemingly arousing suspicion at all.
Bizarre.
Has it been reported if the suitcase is a soft model or a hard case? It would be very difficult for blood to seep out of a hard case. I have a huge cruise hard case piece of luggage that I used that could easily have held his body.

Only way she could have done it was by managing to create a perfect seal on that suitcase. Possibly bagged his body several times in pvc or some such leakproof material prior to placing it in suitcase, then carried it everywhere with her, into whatever hotel she moved into immediately, wherever she went, it would have been normal to carry a suitcase.

She might even have dyed it so it no longer resembled the missing brown suitcase.

It's crazy she pulled it off so well and managed to hide it right out in the open, never seemingly arousing suspicion at all.
Bizarre.
Has it been reported if the suitcase is a soft model or a hard case? It would be very difficult for blood to seep out of a hard case. I have a huge cruise hard case piece of luggage that I used that could easily have held his body.

The chance of HH showing up at home is one of the reasons why I don't think the bloody attack took place on Sunday and not cleaned up until late Monday.

AS was aware that GS did not go to school on Monday (AA #27). "....I'm just going to give them an excuse at work and stay with him..."

IMO, LS tried to provide a cover for herself for the 4 hour trip with Sunday night internet search regarding what age a child could be left alone at home.

No Zelda didn't raise any flag for me coming from AS as it's a typical form of punishment for an 11-year-old. Allowing GS to go to a friend's house after missing school makes no sense because it never happened! This was just the excuse she came up with to explain his absence -- and never to be seen again.

I do think that LS may have used allowing GS playtime with the police to suggest GS was not punished for the spilling candle wax on the carpet, etc. (LE would have asked LS if GS had any reason to run away...if anything unusual happened at home..).

MOO

I’m still not fully convinced one way or the other whether or not GS was killed in the home and or whether he returned home on Monday. For the meantime I’ll stay straddling the fence.

One thing That I am sure of based on the .google.searches., leaving her phone, text messages etc is: When she left home that day she had no intention of him returning with her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member