Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KDVR) — Letecia Stauch has been deemed sane by a judge in the third hearing to determine her mental state and whether she is fit for trial.

FOX31’s Nicole Fierro was in the courtroom Thursday and said that Stauch’s attorney asked for a second evaluation but the judge said since it is a sanity evaluation rather than a competency hearing it’s different. Court rules say after getting a sanity evaluation a trial date needs to be set immediately.

The judge said the defense does not have obligation to disclose what it’s doing but because they requested a second evaluation, the judge needs to know who it is, whoever does the evaluation has to be paid by the state and be state grade.

The defense is asking for Stauch to be moved to the state mental facility and monitored. The judge said he is concerned about the wait time and logistics of bringing outside people into the state facility.

The defense said the psychiatrist it wants to use from out of state is hopeful to have results on a second evaluation within 30 days of conducting it.

[…]

The next court date has been set for Sept. 15 and the judge said he is going to take a closer look at the statute to set a trial date and hopes to get input from the state facility. There’s confusion because of the second evaluation request and the trial date may be delayed until “distribution” of the second evaluation.

Wait. What? There's a hospital setting where you can bring your own staff? So, what, you wait in the waiting room and when they call your name, you say, "oh, no need for that. I brought my own doctor"? Yeah, right here in my pocket.

The butterflies called; they want out.

JMO

Oh, but she IS a doctor . . . remember, a PhD! Eminently qualified to diagnose herself no doubt.

This is too much.

Are they trying to show she a sleepwalker? Was in some fugue state for, what, a month? This IMO is a mockery of real psychotic breaks which do occur and are heart-rending, but this?

She drove cars, rented cars, requested cleaning supplies, took photos, called into work, shopped, navigated, washed her car, gave interviews, drove to Florida.

Sorry, T, while there is no doubt a lot of noise in your head, Eguardo isn't real.

There's no ace in the hole.

Get thee to trial already.

JMO

Her Defence seems to be very dedicated to their task.
Is this a Public Defender or a private one?
Sorry, I am still catching up with this case.

But hey, this team is quite successful.

MOO

The defense said the psychiatrist it wants to use from out of state is hopeful to have results on a second evaluation within 30 days of conducting it.
^^rsbm

I recall this "out-of-state" professional has been waiting in line and on the defense's speed dial for more than a year! I think they had to go through the process with the local examiners at the Colorado State Mental facility before they could bring this person in. It's like they've long believed he's peddling some secret sauce for their case. :rolleyes:

I hope the hospital refuses to grant the doctor privileges and the state proceeds to set a trial date. LS is not special. She's both sane and competent to face her charges and be judged by a jury of her peers. #JusticeForGannon.

MOO

Her Defence seems to be very dedicated to their task.
Is this a Public Defender or a private one?
Sorry, I am still catching up with this case.

But hey, this team is quite successful.

MOO
Her lead counsel is Josh Tolini of this firm:

If you’re facing criminal charges and you need advice, a criminal defense lawyer at Barker & Tolini can point you in the right direction. We’ll answer all your questions in full detail and recommend the steps to take to address any legal challenges with which you may be dealing. If you need to go to court in Colorado Springs, CO, we’ll strive to get any charges against you reduced or dismissed.
We recognize that everyone’s legal situations are different, so we’ll give you personal attention when you become one of our clients. Our law firm accepts cases involving:
  • DUI law
  • Drug crime law
  • Violent crime law
  • Domestic violence law
Call Barker & Tolini today to speak to a lawyer who will go to great lengths to keep your rights out of jeopardy. We work with clients in the Colorado Springs area who don’t want to have to face judges and prosecutors alone.

^^rsbm

I recall this "out-of-state" professional has been waiting in line and on the defense's speed dial for more than a year! I think they had to go through the process with the local examiners at the Colorado State Mental facility before they could bring this person in. It's like they've long believed he's peddling some secret sauce for their case. :rolleyes:

I hope the hospital refuses to grant the doctor privileges and the state proceeds to set a trial date. LS is not special. She's both sane and competent to face her charges and be judged by a jury of her peers. #JusticeForGannon.

MOO
I don't know what the hospital will be required to do. But I'd be surprised if the case goes to trial without the defense having an opportunity for another sanity eval. I'm afraid that would be the kind of thing that gets a verdict overturned and nobody would want that. Better to allow the time now than have to do it all over again.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member