Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many of the tips are coming from people in groups like this who aren't anywhere near Colorado and have no idea about this town at all but have google maps. I have seen several people brag about sending tips in "because they have absolutely known since day one that water was involved." or "they absolutely know Garden of the Gods is involved."
If you see a creek on google maps I promise it doesn't have enough water to wet your shoelaces. Garden of the Gods in the middle of the day is about as busy as Disneyland. Palmer Park is not part of or near Palmer Lake. General Palmer established Colorado Springs and the greater area so his name can be found on a couple things.
The nonsense isn't helpful but please don't send in "tips" that waste LE time if you just have google maps and you think you are psychic.
I don’t think you’re giving LE enough credit in their expertise in being able to decipher credible from meaningless tips from the public. They know what they’re doing—it’s their job. And I hope you didn’t join WS just to tell people off; that’s not what this forum is about.

We’re all here for Gannon. Always MOO.

Good news, weather-wise. It's going to be high 40's to low 50's the next few days before snow expected again on Monday. Prayers for lots of snow melt and good luck!!

Thank you @SalMAnder for this very welcome news of the upcoming weather!

This is excellent news as it will greatly help the search!

Those wondering about the FBI Evidence Team - no, that's definitely not routine, even for fairly similar high-profile searches. They specialize in challenging or hazardous evidence/remains recoveries - things like arson homicides and underwater recoveries. I don't think a relatively simple, albeit large, ground search in the snow for possible remains would be enough to bring them out here. There's likely something about the evidence they already have or the evidence they anticipate that's led investigators to get this specialized team involved. It's really hard to say what.

GANNON SEARCH DAY 17:
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office provided another update today. Due to the location, we could not go live. We wanted to put the whole video up for everyone. Please continue to share Gannon's photo and information!

She is truly excellent at her job.
She never shows impatience at all, same questions being thrown at her day after day..

Those wondering about the FBI Evidence Team - no, that's definitely not routine, even for fairly similar high-profile searches. They specialize in challenging or hazardous evidence/remains recoveries - things like arson homicides and underwater recoveries. I don't think a relatively simple, albeit large, ground search in the snow for possible remains would be enough to bring them out here. There's likely something about the evidence they already have or the evidence they anticipate that's led investigators to get this specialized team involved. It's really hard to say what.
They have been involved since January 30 when case was re-categorized.

I wonder how many of the tips are coming from people in groups like this who aren't anywhere near Colorado and have no idea about this town at all but have google maps. I have seen several people brag about sending tips in "because they have absolutely known since day one that water was involved." or "they absolutely know Garden of the Gods is involved."
If you see a creek on google maps I promise it doesn't have enough water to wet your shoelaces. Garden of the Gods in the middle of the day is about as busy as Disneyland. Palmer Park is not part of or near Palmer Lake. General Palmer established Colorado Springs and the greater area so his name can be found on a couple things.
The nonsense isn't helpful but please don't send in "tips" that waste LE time if you just have google maps and you think you are psychic.
I have not read that anyone here has sent in any tips and even if they had we are not allowed to discuss them. It's against TOS.

Last edited:
She did. I will find the two references and send message.
I feel bad about how I put the post to start. I TOTALLY AGREE with everyone who took offense with the word ‘accident.’ To be clear-there was no accident. All I was saying was that SHE is perceiving it that way to defend herself in her own mind.
Gee, I feel a little sting from the group and I thought we were all on the same side- trying to help GS.
And I am done with this subject!
I feel bad about how I put the post to start. I TOTALLY AGREE with everyone who took offense with the word ‘accident.’ To be clear-there was no accident. All I was saying was that SHE is perceiving it that way to defend herself in her own mind.
Gee, I feel a little sting from the group and I thought we were all on the same side- trying to help GS.

I think any aggravation is with her. Never intended toward you at all.
No offense meant and no sting intended. Sorry!

What if a body was found in a well? Would they help with something like that? Seems like retrieval in a situation of that sort would be difficult.

The Majority of people on this site would never call in a random tip. There are many people in here who have a lot of skill regarding maps and so many other things. They spend hours putting together information to help find missing people. This isn't facebook...there are rules. The ones who don't have the skill that others have on this site are on here to support the missing persons and their families. They are in here updating people on what has been done and give their input on what they think may have happend using CITED CREDIBLE SOURCES. You're not exactly allowed to B.S. your way to some conclusion.

I am trying hard to keep within the confines of the rules.
That being said- I have read so much material from so many sources that maybe what I can say it like this: two times I have read/ heard LS use the word “accident” when referring to GS.
I THINK THIS IS INDICITIVE OF THE TRUTH.
There are accidents and then there are on purposes. Imo

What if a body was found in a well? Would they help with something like that? Seems like retrieval in a situation of that sort would be difficult.

Yeah, something like that. Recently they helped find a homicide victim's remains in a landfill (possible HAZMAT,) they also helped recover victims of that boat fire in CA from the sea. They don't just work with remains, and they've handled some really diverse scenes.

Dear @lucidtx,

Thank you for this!

In addition, for crime-processing, they are unparalleled.

Their expertise as well as evidence they've gathered, processed and present in a criminal trial is exceptional.

Evidence Response Team — FBI

"These highly trained and equipped teams operate at an exceptional level of competence to ensure evidence is collected in such a manner that it can be introduced in courts throughout the U.S. and the world. ERTs strive to be the model for crime scene processing from the standpoint of safety, expertise, training, equipment, and capability."

@lucidtx,

The word "ravines" was mentioned by the spokesperson for the Sheriff's office today.

Would that be another reason that the FBI Evidence Response Team are there?

Thanks in advance,

It's all good. Don't feel stung. Yes we are all here for Gannon. Sometimes as time goes on emotions really run high. Folks here for hrs. on end desperately want news and then there is Stepmother who adds to our angst. To say the least.

Attachments

• 24252724-FB60-4C85-A78F-4C6999D30FFD.jpeg
    24252724-FB60-4C85-A78F-4C6999D30FFD.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 151
  • A657BE50-BCF7-40BC-82C2-86AE3FC34E0F.jpeg
    A657BE50-BCF7-40BC-82C2-86AE3FC34E0F.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics