Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sifting was meticulous. On a close look, you can see someone on the embankment collecting snow.
2/17/20 sifting, even collecting the snow on the hill.

I've done all the updating I can for today, so take a look if you can. I don't get paid for it, I do it for people like you, who get deep into a case.
Case Archive:
Gannon Stauch -CO- by amanda reckonwith

Cellphone users, to bypass the glitch, click this one and scroll:
Gannon Stauch
You're amazing! Thanks for all your dedication!

IMO, it is because killers are so focused on the act, that the body disposal is a distant afterthought. It is not easy to get rid of a body to the point it will never be discovered. And yes, laziness is a factor as well. I also think a lot of times they are looking for a quick disposal rather than an effective one. I would like to point out that it would be really hard to dig into clay soil there.

Laziness or the crash that comes after that massive adrenalin rush. Exhausting one's adrenalin, then crashing, is similar to taking meth and then coming down. That brain that felt so energized and so attuned to details...is now worthless.

Career criminals know this and try to plan accordingly, but even they find it difficult. Such an interesting topic.

That’s got to really stick in SM’s craw to read how Landen and Al are being called a “family” and how they’re “sticking together”.

I hope that drives her mad.

Her FB page shows that she's the type that truly likes to get even.

<modsnip: discussing FB rumors is not allowed>

So many inexplicable things in this case, as if chaos is one of the organizing principles and the Guilty Party is both attempting to outwit everyone but also get as much attention as possible.

<modsnip: nothing in MSM to support>

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Adolph Coors III was found on Jackson Creek Road, also off Highway 105 maybe 15 miles north of the search area. That location is also down the road from my house. And to tie it all together with today's posts, he was kidnapped while driving to work on Turkey Creek Road (mentioned earlier by another poster).
Interesting stuff. I had to look that up.

"The biggest piece of evidence, however, was the dirt found in the undercarriage of the yellow Mercury. Investigators were able to trace the car's path by noting the rare pink feldspar and granite minerals found in the area Coors' body was discovered."(Wikipedia)
Fingers crossed that LE and GS family get a big fat break soon.

I'm pages behind but the one thing that comes to mind that TS felt was necessary to "pre-splain' (love that term) was the "only" key to the gate that she claimed Gannon was in possession of. I wonder if this piece of info was corroborated by AS, that Gannon had the only key. Did AS notice the key was missing and question her about it? Was she in possession of the key and not Gannon and she lost it? I could see the searchers sifting for a key, or as @GordianKnot suggested perhaps a sim card? I'm leaning toward that illusive KEY only because TS found it important to bring to our attention. I really have no definite reasoning for this other than the key is in fact missing along with Gannon.
Yeah, I think she told that story about the key to support her theory that he left through the gate. He probably didn't have the key with him at all. She may have just gotten rid of it.

Whatever it is that they are looking for has to be connected to her being seen or tracked in that area. Or someone else if they are involved. She probably hurled something out the window. Whatever that was, we will probably never guess.

We haven't heard that Gannon took anything with him when he left. Usually when someone goes missing LE includes anything like that in the description, so he may have left with just the clothes he was wearing. I just can't imagine what it is that they a few looking for out there. It could be a murder weapon for all we know.

Imo

The sifting was meticulous. On a close look, you can see someone on the embankment collecting snow.

I've done all the updating I can for today, so take a look if you can. I don't get paid for it, I do it for people like you, who get deep into a case.
Case Archive:

Gannon Stauch
Your work is meticulous and outstanding.
Thank you sincerely.
You make a big difference here.
Namaste.

the biggest red flag for me was at the very beginning when she labled him a runaway.....who does that, if Gannon had never ran away before or acted like he wanted to why say that? that would not have been my first guess, I would have thought abducted....big RED flag to me!!!

I find it interesting that searchers are only on one side of the road. That is pretty accurate tracking; to exclude the other side of the road, and they really can't be bothered with the other side of the road.

The accuracy of GPS tracking depends on several factors, but in general, I don't think it can determine which side of the road someone is on unless it is an advanced tracking system (phone, device, or auto).

So why one side of the road? IMO- either someone is talking, or there is video evidence of a specific car parked at that spot or throwing something out the window.

Any other possible reasons?

Brooke Wilberger's killer, Joel Patrick Courtney, ended up in the ER the day after her murder. Turns out some killers get such an adrenalin rush, that they think they are having a heart attack.

Laziness or the crash that comes after that massive adrenalin rush. Exhausting one's adrenalin, then crashing, is similar to taking meth and then coming down. That brain that felt so energized and so attuned to details...is now worthless.

Career criminals know this and try to plan accordingly, but even they find it difficult. Such an interesting topic.

Her FB page shows that she's the type that truly likes to get even.

<modsnip: discussing FB rumors is not allowed>

So many inexplicable things in this case, as if chaos is one of the organizing principles and the Guilty Party is both attempting to outwit everyone but also get as much attention as possible.

<modsnip: nothing in MSM to support>

I find it interesting that searchers are only on one side of the road. That is pretty accurate tracking; to exclude the other side of the road.

The accuracy of GPS tracking depends on several factors, but in general, I don't think it can determine which side of the road someone is on unless it is an advanced tracking system (phone, device, or auto).

So why one side of the road? IMO- either someone is talking, or there is video evidence of a specific car parked at that spot or throwing something out the window.

Dashcam footage?

Just out of curiosity about the location they are sifting in, I searched

“South Perry Park Road in southern Douglas County“

This business popped up immediately:
Stone Canyon Outdoor EdVentures

It’s an education center! Isn’t LS a teacher?!

She would likely know this place pretty well and probably attended many field trips here.

One of the extra locations they were searching today was at bridge across the road from the turnoff to Stone Canyon. It's a place where 6th graders around the state learn outdoor skills for a week. I don't think LS is a teacher. I think she's worked in the district office as a curriculum planner, which would also be a position that might be connected to Stone Canyon. I know the schools in Douglas County use this facility. Not sure if other school districts use it too.

MOO

Case Archive:

Gannon Stauch

You are amazing. Thank you!

I find it interesting that searchers are only on one side of the road. That is pretty accurate tracking; to exclude the other side of the road, and they really can't be bothered with the other side of the road.

Perhaps someone finding something related to the case on the roadside. A local resident stumbling across the Switch or clothing. Something like that.

Hits by dogs may have narrowed it down, regardless of what brought them that far north in the first place.

eta: I gotta say though, the specificity of such an intensive search of one side of a small stretch of road really makes me think they have someone with direct knowledge of what happened talking. That or they have something like surveillance footage combined with location data, or themselves surveilled a POI going to this location. It's risky to put all of their eggs in one basket like this so whatever they have must be very compelling.

Last edited:
Whatever it is that they are looking for has to be connected to her being seen or tracked in that area. Or someone else if they are involved. She probably hurled something out the window. Whatever that was, we will probably never guess.

We haven't heard that Gannon took anything with him when he left. Usually when someone goes missing LE includes anything like that in the description, so he may have left with just the clothes he was wearing. I just can't imagine what it is that they a few looking for out there. It could be a murder weapon for all we know.

Imo

Whatever it is, I'm thinking something that wouldn't be trackable with dogs (maybe due to the snow?) or metal detector.

Dashcam footage?

That would be great, I think it is possible but unlikely. I'm not an expert on dashcams but I believe they overwrite every 4-12 hours of use, unless the data is saved. Most people would not have a reason to save this image data.

Nobody was looking for Gannon or the SM in this area in the days after his disappearance, so it seems unlikely footage would have been preserved.

But maybe, because I don't know why LE is looking this area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members