Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CCTV from SMs travels the weekend and Monday gannon was reported missing and her own SM postings and media interviews is what will make this case a successful prosecution. I'm hopeful and prayerful that Gannon will be found.

I still think about and pray for Kyron Hormon. I don't believe Gannon's disappearance will go unsolved for 10 years

GS disappeared on SM's watch and folks here are questioning from where and why hostility stemmed before the neighbor's video?

Am I missing something?

You may be misreading the question. Just because a child is missing on your watch doesn't necessarily mean everyone thinks your guilty. When a child is missing, it seems most people, families and neighbors usually unite with a common goal and start looking for the child. They don't start by looking for a scapegoat and someone to blame. The 'it' interview was a reactionary interview as SM was already on the defensive with the public, her husband and the police. What had she done to earn the hostility at that point in time(?), It had nothing to do with mistrusting her initial story as the neighbors video hadn't been discovered.

Last edited:
I’m open to the possibility that she may have had help from her 17 year old daughter but wasn’t she working? I don’t believe TS is beyond manipulating someone to help if it was premeditated. But I feel she was enraged and did this all by herself. I can’t see a second person with a motive. We have to remember motive and opportunity. TS had both.
Evening, Love Never Fails, MOO: SM did appear to be coaching the daughter during the "keep my back to the camera" video.

Just wondering if anyone has searched where they went hiking. Could have just been a run through or something that sunday. She might have went back there.
I thought that hike was LS searching for a good place to hide a body...but locals discounted it due to GOG being extremely busy, all the time. I took them at their word, so I dismissed the idea as well. Too many people there, too often. No way would LS take that chance IMO

THANK YOU for the Thank you!
I have currently 118 cases archived, and some of them have multiple sub-sections (like Susan Cox Powell and Caylee Anthony, etc) Some famous, some obscure. Some new, some old/cold. I erase some on request here and there, and if it is a teen who maybe fakes her disappearance but is otherwise a normal kid (eyeroll)

I do Case Archives on request now. I do them for US cases, and they need to have at least a little news coverage.
Amanda, Such amazing work..and truly appreciated. I have your account now booked marked so I can easily find the latest news updates etc.

Question I have for anyone. I know we don't discuss the social media aspect of any of these cases on this forum, however I came across someone who kind of did that for either this case or for Faye's case ( I can't recall) I am deep into both of these cases. I want to find it again or another source, why.... well because I am curious as to when additional evidence Does come out and we CAN talk about these things, that those types of social posts etc can be in one location off of the forum and easy to dive into.

Still getting that part straight Gannon disappeared Monday Jan 27th. The tension between her and AS and her and the police and her and the public had nothing to do with the neighbor's video, that wasn't released until the following Monday (2/3). So what did she do to garner all the hostility? Social Media crap?

Yep, I'm behind again. For the public, her tv interview.

I’m open to the possibility that she may have had help from her 17 year old daughter but wasn’t she working? I don’t believe TS is beyond manipulating someone to help if it was premeditated. But I feel she was enraged and did this all by herself. I can’t see a second person with a motive. We have to remember motive and opportunity. TS had both.
Yeah, when I say “I don’t believe she had help,” I’m referring to someone on the outside of her family.

I absolutely believe she is capable of manipulating her daughter, and wouldn’t put it past her to have involved her in some aspect of this.

My thinking is more along the lines of after the fact though.

“Now tell the police this, or mommy is going to prison for the rest of her life.”

The more LE brings up the number of tips, the more people will call in their “tips”...advice, opinions, etc...it reminds them.

If the house is NOT sealed, then LE found no evidence of a crime on the property...pretty sure that is how it works. Wish we knew.
Apologies if already addressed - just thinking about how often LE actually release a scene or property after all sufficient evidence has been collected. If the house is not sealed, I can only assume it's because they do have all they need from it, at this time. It doesn't mean a crime didn't happen there, and it doesn't mean it did.
It means they'll be back, if they need to.

jmo

I thought that hike was LS searching for a good place to hide a body...but locals discounted it due to GOG being extremely busy, all the time. I took them at their word, so I dismissed the idea as well. Too many people there, too often. No way would LS take that chance IMO

I agree with you, and others regarding. GoG (the hike). It really is like the Disneyland of hikes in Colorado. I’ve hiked in and all around there, and you can’t get many moments to yourself at all.

It’s a beautiful place, and I selfishly wish it was in no way associated with this case, because I will never NOT think of Gannon when I think of GoG now...:(

It’s just such a vast area though, and there’s a lot of places she could have taken him. That’s the difficulty, even with the short amount of time she had.

They’ve honed in on several search areas though, so I do think they have been able to track her movements somehow.

She didn’t need any help, and I really don’t think she did. That’s another person who could talk, and another person with a trail.
BBM:

It's an incredibly mixed bag of variables, which is what's making it hard for me to be confident of the result.

It does appear that LE has managed to track her movements somehow.
Advantage: LE.

They've obviously received some type of credible information about where she went that day.
This search >40 miles away has required a lot of resources, e.g., manpower, equipment, $$$$, etc.
There's no way LE would have expended all those resources unless they had a really, really solid basis for pouring so much of their time, energy, attention and, frankly, money, into that search.

Having said that, Colorado is vast and varied terrain, much of it remote and sparsely populated.

Colorado is big country.
Gannon is a little boy.

Another issue for LE: I do think we're looking at someone who acted alone.

In the Kelsey case, they had a cooperating witness, who gave LE the details re: the murder location and the burn site. Even then, LE was unable to recover KB's body.

Here, I think we have one person and one person only who can tell us where GS is right now.

JMO.

Last edited:
Horrific things, have, and do, happen to people in cases like this. As difficult as those seemingly far-fetched scenarios are to hear and read, they DO HAPPEN. (See case of Noah McIntosh, one example of 1000s) Additionally, realize perhaps someone read something different than it was meant by the OP in the first place. Hence my screen name here.

This entire forum was set up for people to voice their thoughts, opinions and hypotheses, whether we all agree with them or not, within TOS. Scroll. And. Roll.

IMO MOO JMO
True that. Noah Tomlin is another example. We all knew his bio mother was responsible for him being discovered at a landfill. What we didn’t know was that she had tortured him. Not a single one of us on that thread ever suspected that and so anyone who was on the case with me knows it was too much for me and I had to leave that thread the moment LE released his cause of death. Evil exists. But thank God love prevails.

Every day, I hope is the day that Gannon will be found and the guilty party arrested. I have no doubt that LE knows the who, because they have stated "there is no threat to the community". It's hard on all of us, being in the dark on what's going on behind the scenes, but it has to be that way, to protect the investigation. So many questions and so few concrete answers. Just glad that I can come to WS and read scenarios and catch up on the facts that are known.

Unless if she did join we changed the tone and worked with her to find answers. I could see it being beneficial. Just a thought. Not that we should ask her to join, but if she reached out...

Except IMO, she would not have much to offer, as far as info goes. LE doesn't usually share anything, with family, during the investigative phase. There are parents out there, decades later, that do not know their child's COD, because the investigation is open. And what little she could share, could hurt the investigation. Anything she knows would already be shared with LE. LE are the experts here.

You may be misreading the question. Just because a child is missing on your watch doesn't necessarily mean everyone thinks your guilty. When a child is missing, it seems most people, families and neighbors usually unite with a common goal and start looking for the child. They don't start by looking for a scapegoat and someone to blame. The 'it' interview was a reactionary interview as SM was already on the defensive with the public, her husband and the police. What had she done to earn the hostility at that point in time(?), It had nothing to do with mistrusting her initial story as the neighbors video hadn't been discovered.

I mean, you're right for most people. We can only discuss the interview here but I'd suggest theres much more to her being a magnet of bad press. IMO, just based on her responses that we can cite here, she likely expected a lot more sympathy directed at her, and accolades and compliments. After a few rounds, she probably questioned those close to her as to why they weren't treating her how she expected, and the animosity grew I don't think shes a typical stepmom who's step child ran away, and I think the scrutiny towards her was warranted from the start based on her own behavior (much of which we can't discuss).

Apologies if already addressed - just thinking about how often LE actually release a scene or property after all sufficient evidence has been collected. If the house is not sealed, I can only assume it's because they do have all they need from it, at this time. It doesn't mean a crime didn't happen there, and it doesn't mean it did.
It means they'll be back, if they need to.

jmo

a good example is mark Redwines house. LE did multiple searches there, evidence was found and taken, he was able to continue living there after each search.

IMO, if the runaway scheme had been hatched prior to heading out of the house with him, dropping him near by would fit that plan, closer rather than farther, someplace maybe he could have got to on his on somehow.

Also, would someone really want to be driving far and potentially be spotted with him or pulled over? Huge risk that one would to get rid of quickly. Having a Nintendo Switch or bag in your car would not be a red flag but an injured kid sure would be.

Maybe without a full plan, someone might head out in a direction, slowing down here and there to look for "No outlet" type streets.

After looking at the map, and then driving the roads in google earth, the airport is a large feature very close to Lorson Ranch (Off Marksheffel Rd). Dead end streets like Drennan Rd seem like an opportune place to hide something, then maybe continue north farther and dump smaller related evidence. I wonder if that area has been searched. MOO.

Following up on my on post above, the area near the backside of the Airport is barely more than a mile away from the house and the Army Reserve Center is there, possibly a place AS and LS are familiar with. There are some isolated areas at the end of Import Ct with a dirt road to the water tower area and other isolated spots off Foreign Trade Zone Blvd / Aerospace Blvd (Off Bradley Rd). Just driving around google earth, there are storm drains, septic tank lids, and plenty of places that you could drive right up to and hide something, especially isolated out near the water tower. You can tell these are somewhat known dump sites as there is trash dropped at the end of Import court. Photos and map from Google Streetview attached. Feels like a place to be thoroughly searched IMO.

Attachments

• Import Ct.png
    Import Ct.png
    792.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Import Ct2.png
    Import Ct2.png
    526.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Foreign Trade Zone Blvd.png
    Foreign Trade Zone Blvd.png
    638.2 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.