Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more LE brings up the number of tips, the more people will call in their “tips”...advice, opinions, etc...it reminds them.

If the house is NOT sealed, then LE found no evidence of a crime on the property...pretty sure that is how it works. Wish we knew.

Crime scenes are released back to the owner as soon as evidence is collected and cataloged.

What we really need is a former friend of SM on here. As soon as she started chiming in, SM couldn’t help herself but come on here to defend herself.

Wouldn’t that be fun?!

Last edited:
The more LE brings up the number of tips, the more people will call in their “tips”...advice, opinions, etc...it reminds them.

If the house is NOT sealed, then LE found no evidence of a crime on the property...pretty sure that is how it works. Wish we knew.

Crime scenes are released back to the owner as soon as evidence is collected and cataloged.

So...we can talk about all the evidence they need to bring together and analyze.

The surveillance video, obviously. (The judge will get a great copy, I'm sure).

Fibers, DNA, etc, from home, and more than 1 automobile.​

Utterances and behavior/whereabouts of all parties, public or made to LE.

The photographs taken by LE on the night of the disappearance (not protected speech if it is a person).​

Phone and cellular records from all family phones, phones of anyone else who might have fallen under suspicion. House phone records if any.​

Computer history and hard drive analysis from home computers, perhaps work computers, and from various devices.​

Google location and maps services. GPS.​

Security camera videos from all over the region, as turned in by the public.​

Some found objects.​

Utterances and behavior of all parties, public or made to LE.​

Statements from neighbors, others, who might have knowledge of what led up to this point.​
-------
Also perhaps: bank accounts, credit card statements, physical inventories of the home, educational data, and more.

Each of these areas probably need 1 lead person and some supporting staff, and then they'll start pasting it all together. I have my own view about what would be damning enough to lead to charges, would love to hear others'.

For anyone still questioning 'shadows' etc.:

"The surveillance shows a driver and passenger getting into a truck the day Gannon went missing. The truck leaves and returns a few hours later, around 2:30 p.m. Only one person gets out."

(Originally posted Jan 31, updated 4 pm MST yesterday: ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for 3 weeks)

GS disappeared on SM's watch and folks here are questioning from where and why hostility stemmed before the neighbor's video?

Am I missing something?
Yes, there was already a great deal of hostility towards her before the video was ever mentioned. By her own account, the public was accusing her of things, harassing her, and her husband apparently would not even allow her in the house to get a pair of underwear.

Jmo

Dear @JuneRose,

I agree - this investigative team is absolutely solid!

Their commitment to their work and their compassion for Gannon keeps them tightly woven as a team - in my opinion.

The integrity of their work will show throughout the trial and this will be critical for the prosecution team.
Hi Zen, gratitude balloons are floating through the clouds for you. Your presence on this thread is comforting and helps to balance us out. I’m tense, I usually don’t get my feelings hurt by a post. I’ve been trolled by the best, I can usually take it, but all I want to do right now is cry. But I ain’t gonna cause you’re here in our circle.
Namesta

Yes, I agree we have a multi talented team focusing their effort to find Gannon. I wonder how the jurisdiction will come into play with the two counties. Say, for example, a body is found in Douglas County but a murder took place in El Paso County. Not only separate counties but different Regional Districts:

Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Snips:
Missing Child
  • Investigative Leads: The Unit receives and follows up on leads in regards to missing and unidentified children who may be victims of a kidnapping, abduction, runaway or lost. The Unit forwards this information to the Law Enforcement Agency who entered the missing child.
  • Posters and Bulletins: The Unit receives pictures and creates and distributes posters regarding missing children to be disseminated to law enforcement agencies, school districts, state and federal agencies, and the general public.
  • Assistance: is provided to Colorado and out of state law enforcement agencies and organizations. Criminal history and background checks on missing children and those associated with the missing child may be conducted to assist in the investigation.
  • Liaison and referrals: for families of missing children
    Missing Children

Forensic Services
  • Toxicology - the chemical analysis of biological fluids for the presence of drugs.
  • Crime Scene - the collection and preservation of evidence from the crime scene.
  • Drug Chemistry - the analysis of cannabis and all controlled substances.
  • Forensic Biology/DNA - the analysis of body fluids for the presence of genetic material used for identification purposes.
  • Firearms/Toolmarks - the comparison of a specific weapon/tool to the evidence found at the crime scene.
  • Footwear/Tiretracks - the comparison of shoes/tires to the footprints/tiretracks at the crime scene.
  • Latent Fingerprints - the comparison of fingerprints found at the crime scene to the specific fingerprints of an individual.
  • Trace Chemistry - the analysis of substances that do not fall under Drug Chemistry such as fire debris and gunshot residue. Additionally, this section is responsible for the comparison of fibers, paints, tapes, airbag residues, polymers, metal fragments and other unknown materials to a specific item.
  • Digital Evidence Analysis - the analysis of computer hard drives, thumb drives, cell phones and any other data storage device.
Additional Resources

American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD)

Crime Scene Investigation Guide

Death Investigation Guide

Forensic Services
Regional Division Headquarters

Denver

Denver
Agent in Charge: Kirby Lewis, Investigations
upload_2020-2-18_19-34-26.png

Pueblo
Agent in Charge: Jodi Wright, Investigations
Pueblo

Last edited:
637 Tips??!!! Yowzers! Why can't they find Gannon?!
To date there have been 637 tips received, over 7,000 hours of investigative work done by the Sheriff’s Office and the FBI; over 8,400 staff hours put into the search efforts: https://bit.ly/3bQfalu INFO: Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email to Tips@elpasoco.com

4:59 PM · Feb 18, 2020·Twitter Web App

Hi Zen, gratitude balloons are floating through the clouds for you. Your presence on this thread is comforting and helps to balance us out. I’m tense, I usually don’t get my feelings hurt by a post. I’ve been trolled by the best, I can usually take it, but all I want to do right now is cry. But I ain’t gonna cause you’re here in our circle.
Namesta

Yes, I agree we have a multi talented team focusing their effort to find Gannon. I wonder how the jurisdiction will come into play with the two counties. Say, for example, a body is found in Douglas County but a murder took place in El Paso County. Not only separate counties but different Regional Districts:

Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Snips:
Missing Child
  • Investigative Leads: The Unit receives and follows up on leads in regards to missing and unidentified children who may be victims of a kidnapping, abduction, runaway or lost. The Unit forwards this information to the Law Enforcement Agency who entered the missing child.
  • Posters and Bulletins: The Unit receives pictures and creates and distributes posters regarding missing children to be disseminated to law enforcement agencies, school districts, state and federal agencies, and the general public.
  • Assistance: is provided to Colorado and out of state law enforcement agencies and organizations. Criminal history and background checks on missing children and those associated with the missing child may be conducted to assist in the investigation.
  • Liaison and referrals: for families of missing children
    Missing Children

Forensic Services
  • Toxicology - the chemical analysis of biological fluids for the presence of drugs.
  • Crime Scene - the collection and preservation of evidence from the crime scene.
  • Drug Chemistry - the analysis of cannabis and all controlled substances.
  • Forensic Biology/DNA - the analysis of body fluids for the presence of genetic material used for identification purposes.
  • Firearms/Toolmarks - the comparison of a specific weapon/tool to the evidence found at the crime scene.
  • Footwear/Tiretracks - the comparison of shoes/tires to the footprints/tiretracks at the crime scene.
  • Latent Fingerprints - the comparison of fingerprints found at the crime scene to the specific fingerprints of an individual.
  • Trace Chemistry - the analysis of substances that do not fall under Drug Chemistry such as fire debris and gunshot residue. Additionally, this section is responsible for the comparison of fibers, paints, tapes, airbag residues, polymers, metal fragments and other unknown materials to a specific item.
  • Digital Evidence Analysis - the analysis of computer hard drives, thumb drives, cell phones and any other data storage device.
Additional Resources

American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD)

Crime Scene Investigation Guide

Death Investigation Guide

Forensic Services

Denver

Denver

Agent in Charge: Kirby Lewis, Investigations

Pueblo

Agent in Charge: Jodi Wright, Investigations

Pueblo

AH- MAYZING Awesomeness here, thank you so much, Imstilla. This should be on the media thread (but I don't know how to do that properly).

I know it's hard for all of us to wait for them to process all the evidence by all of these experts (and some contracted experts, no doubt).

You made me think about DNA - in that it would interesting to know who all had been in the various vehicles and whether there are any stranger DNA patterns...swabs have been done, I'm sure...I wonder what they'll find.

Also..lots of other thoughts, so much potential evidence.

I know they searched a lot of fields off Marksheffel with dogs and horses. Don’t know how close to the airport. The back of my house faces Powers off Proby. That big parcel isn’t so desolate any more because of Amazon. They are working 24/7 day and night with huge equipment and bright Klieg lights making roads and moving earth around. They have kept us awake many nights and stressed out my dog with the constant rattle and hum and beeping.
4-story tall Amazon fulfillment center coming to Colorado Springs
Unfortunately I feel your pain. Amazon opening 4/10 of a mile from my house in what was supposed to be land for our city with restaurants and entertainment not industrial. We will have fun adding 400 semis and 2 shifts of 1,500 to what once was our "neighborhood".

Yes, there was already a great deal of hostility towards her before the video was ever mentioned. By her own account, the public was accusing her of things, harassing her, and her husband apparently would not even allow her in the house to get a pair of underwear.

Jmo
My comment was facetious. ;-) Of course family would be upset, if not outright hostile toward SM because GS had gone missing on her watch.

As for SM not being allowed back in the house, I suspect the initial reason was that GS's bio-mom was in town and staying in the house. Both staying in the same dwelling might likely not result in the best of circumstances.

I really just want to thank everyone in here for intelligent, thoughtful discussion. I don't post much, and have certainly made errors in posting along the way, but I read every thread on some of these challenging cases. You all offer so much to think about and ponder. It's all just so refreshing as opposed to SM forums full of crazy. That's all. Just a random thank you to you all as we try to make some sense of the unthinkable.

I agree with you, and others regarding. GoG (the hike). It really is like the Disneyland of hikes in Colorado. I’ve hiked in and all around there, and you can’t get many moments to yourself at all.

It’s a beautiful place, and I selfishly wish it was in no way associated with this case, because I will never NOT think of Gannon when I think of GoG now...:(

I had stated some similar before. It's pretty busy. Like all the time.

But I think it is possible, IMO, that somewhere might have caught her eye on the trip there or back that Sunday. It is also just a few miles from different specific hypothetical stores. And GOTG is not horribly far from the Incline/Barr Trail where they went before. So she had opportunity to see different areas that could all easily be in the path that we think she might have gone.

I'm hopeful though since LE is searching in the northern area that they are, that they have reasons to be there. Maybe she didn't want to go somewhere that she had already shown herself to go? Idk. Or maybe LE is looking for evidence up north where she might have driven later to drop off, while sweet GS could have been taken somewhere else, maybe closer to the above areas.

I hate that I don't think he will be coming back alive and well. I hope that I'm wrong. He deserves to grow, go see Sonic, play video games, learn to drive, graduate, get married, have his own beautiful brown-eyed babies and go on adventures.
My heart hurts tonight. For GS, for his little sister, for LH and for AS.

A Bloodhound Team was involved in searches, not sure if that included the S. Perry Park Road ("SPPR") area.

It is said that bloodhounds are extraordinary at tracking, that they can detect human scent even if it's from as far down as 40 feet below earth, or from 80 feet below the surface of water.

If LE was searching for evidence of GS having been at SPPR then we may rest assured a bloodhound would have indicated/tracked. The sifting at the location might indicate scent was detected in the area and LE was searching for tangible evidence to support a hit.

MOO, of course.

ETA: spelling

Last edited:
Yes, but it's significant. It might indicate taking photos of the kids, whether they be selfies or not could be something they've always done with the kids.
All parents take pics with/of kids. Good parents, rotten parents, step-parents, grand-parents, fake-social-media parents, long-distance parents, prison inmate parents.
I don't see how it's significant to this case, or more specifically, significant to TS's account of some alleged selfie in the truck with Gannon on the day he went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli