Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped.

Most LE departments have a very basic Garrett CSI or CSI Pro. They are good for shell casings and other items on or near the surface. Generally very basic training if any.

In my experience metal detectors are probably underutilized in SAR and LE. Surprisingly few people truly know how to use them and they just aren't used as often as one might think.

I should have clarified my post. I don’t think this is a likely scenario due to time constraints and availability of resources. I was searching online for times when law enforcement has used the forensic tool of “sifting snow” for evidence addressing the thread’s current topic . The linked article popped up as the only reference I could find. I apologize I wrote a post offending Gannon’s family, friends and online supporters. This wasn’t my intent. I’m trying to help.

Oh grandma ... I don't think this post was offensive at all and certainly did not take it as your thoughts were a woodchipper was used!!

I would like to give a special Thank You to our local posters, @SalMAnder , @Silverheels @PrayingForMissing and anyone else I've missed.

It's so beneficial to have locals who can describe exactly what's going on and know the area. I'm sure I can speak for all of here at WS in saying that it is very much appreciated.

I hope today is the day we have some answers.
Yes, thanks to the locals. It helps so much for all they are doing t ok help us see what is happening. I wake up thinking about this young person and his family. Are there grandparents for Gannon, aunts and uncles? I do hope they have a strong support group.

On intact remains, what is metallic and what is not?
Metallic:
  • Shoe lace eyelets
  • Jewelry
  • Coins
  • Keys
  • Electronic components to include cell phone, game systems, headphones, game module (switch), etc.
Not Metalic:
  • Buttons
  • Shoe lace
  • Credit card
  • Access card
You all can add to the list.
Silicone bands (watch, ring, and so forth)

I have a thought...theory i ran by my husband. Do you think it may be possible that someone picked Gannon up at the pet store (her looking out the window repeatedly), and took him... intentionally,,,, planned.? As in her being mad at husband and using child to. Get back at him, to create a scene where husband would maybe cling to her? Instead of wanting to leave her...a desperate attempt. I realize its pretty far fetched but after Gannon was taken it got out of hand IMMEDIATELY and she didnt know what to do to change this snowballing effect and so on???? Just a theory idk....a way Gannon would still be alive in my mind. This is just a thought.
I had the same thought as well bit then with the searches at the house I feel something else happened. IMO

gray's newest video on gannon. starts at 40:35.

he also does an in-depth frame by frame dissection of the video of the truck after pulling in the driveway starting @57:30, and it's VERY informative.

I'm not going to lie, I am always looking for some hope that Gannon is still alive. I'm also the type of person that the cup is half empty.

Watching this video, around the time that he is moving the video back and forth showing the shadow at the bottom of the truck, look up. Look where you would see the back door on the other side of the truck open. Although it is difficult to see, there is movement at the same time of the shadow at the bottom of the truck. You can see the shadow move, you can see SM move and you can see some movement on the other side of that truck. Did Gannon really make it home that day????

It's early in the day and I want to believe that he is still alive. That there's still a chance.

MOO

I have this sneaking feeling that someone went to this area with the intention of disposing of evidence. My theory is, cell phone pings put someone in this area AFTER Gannon was reported missing. Unfortunately, it’s my belief, Gannon is not in this area. I have no proof of this, but the longer this search continues, the more I think LE is gathering as much evidence they can to make charges stick.

But then again, why would they focus so much time and energy on this area simply for the possibility of evidence...and not be focusing on locating Gannon? It makes my brain hurt. This is all so...confusing and I hope we, and Gannon’s family can make sense of it one day. I hope the days spent in this area were not a waste of precious time locating Gannon.

All MOO.

On intact remains, what is metallic and what is not?
Metallic:
  • Shoe lace eyelets
  • Jewelry
  • Coins
  • Keys
  • Electronic components to include cell phone, game systems, headphones, game module (switch), etc.
Not Metalic:
  • Buttons
  • Shoe lace
  • Credit card
  • Access card
You all can add to the list.
In the CCTv footage he appeared to be wearing track suit legs. He was reported missing in jeans which may have had a metal buckle or buttons...

I'm not going to lie, I am always looking for some hope that Gannon is still alive. I'm also the type of person that the cup is half empty.

Watching this video, around the time that he is moving the video back and forth showing the shadow at the bottom of the truck, look up. Look where you would see the back door on the other side of the truck open. Although it is difficult to see, there is movement at the same time of the shadow at the bottom of the truck. You can see the shadow move, you can see SM move and you can see some movement on the other side of that truck. Did Gannon really make it home that day????

It's early in the day and I want to believe that he is still alive. That there's still a chance.

MOO
Welcome to WS! HOPE is what we’ve got to share today.

I have this sneaking feeling that someone went to this area with the intention of disposing of evidence. My theory is, cell phone pings put someone in this area AFTER Gannon was reported missing. Unfortunately, it’s my belief, Gannon is not in this area. I have no proof of this, but the longer this search continues, the more I think LE is gathering as much evidence they can to make charges stick.

But then again, why would they focus so much time and energy on this area simply for the possibility of evidence...and not be focusing on locating Gannon? It makes my brain hurt. This is all so...confusing and I hope we, and Gannon’s family can make sense of it one day. I hope the days spent in this area were not a waste of precious time locating Gannon.

All MOO.

I too am wondering about the sifting. The only time I have been involved in an operation like this was for a case where they suspected a body had been in the ground for years and they were looking for any bones, jewelry, buttons, etc. Seems to me most items that could have been tossed would be a bit large for sifting. Only thing I can think of is the key to the back gate that Gannon had. Trying real hard to keep my focus off the "noise and speculation" and deal with facts and potential physical evidence.

I'm personally very dubious that LE is searching for the gate key , mainly because the only person whose word we have that GS had access to the key was TS.

I don't think it's been reported anywhere that the gate key is actually missing and/or that GS had that key on him when he himself went missing.

I think TS's "Gannon had the only key" story served an entirely different purpose.

She used the gate key as the basis for offering an elaborate explanation for him having gone over to that side of the house that day (unbeknownst to her, supposedly).

I think she's afraid evidence has been found that shows something damning at the side of the house.

Saying he had the only gate key also precludes any possibility of him being either locked in or out of the back yard.

JMO.

There are many of us that read and don’t comment. I am always so far behind. I should do what someone else suggested..start at the newest and read backwards on the pages. Also here for Gannon. May today be the day and hoping the searchers are not hampered by the weather.
I'm so pedantic I feel compelled to read everything. One system I use is to work backwards and forwards. start where I left off and also open page with newest, saves me bringing up points already addressed a hundred times and interrupting current discussion. This is hard work.. LOl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487