Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of what previous posts have said has me thinking that little sis & older step-sis would be key in establishing a lot of the speculation on his status Sunday night & Monday morning before they went to school. Since older sis is LS's she might not give permission for her to be questioned, but then that makes her un-cooperative and why would an innocent person not cooperate? Anyway both sisters could let investigators know if LS had become angry or enraged about Gannon causing an accident on Sunday, was he sick, when was the last time they each actually saw him, and did little sis ask or was told why he wasn't attending school that day?

Also regarding the LS's timeline established on the video....MOO is that after TS got little sis off to school she had a brief time to think about where she was going to take him/what she was going to do. She quickly loaded things into the truck. She got Gannon to leave with her by either telling him that she was taking him to the doctor or that he had to go with her to run errands. She drove up 25 & got off at the exit and then off the beaten track on Noe Rd. If Gannon was alert at this point he would've wondered what they were doing & where they were going (not where she had originally told him) & she had to get him to exit the truck somehow (a lie or by force.) At this point she did something terrible to him & covered her tracks, but didn't have a lot of time because she had to be home before the SD & her daughter got home from school.

She knew her daughter (if in high school) would be getting home from school around 2:30. So she returned home just prior to her daughter getting home. We would assume her daughter & SS didn't see Gannon at all that afternoon because he was not seen (ARAIK) returning with TS on the video. Assuming that they were asked this by investigators, what was their answer?? I also think that this is why in the on camera interview TS's daughter was heard to say "what do you want me to say?" She wanted to be sure to say what her mother wanted her to, AND she might have been unsure about which day they were asking her about? Again this is MOO

Another thing I've been thinking about...Gannon was a gamer & liked video games. I can go on my kids' gaming systems (playstation & switch) and tell how long they played & when/what they were playing. Would be interesting to see when the last time Gannon used his cell and his gaming systems. Sunday or Monday?

'Mommy Wants You Home': Mother of Missing Colo. Boy's Gannon Stauch Asks Public to Help Find Him

SABBM:

Hiott told ABC News that she was always confident her son was not a runaway.

LH is a woman desperately trying to cling to any shred of hope that her son might still be alive.

Despite her desperation, her mother's intuition won't let her clutch onto the suggestion that GS ran away .

If LH thought there was even the slightest possibility that GS ran away, she would have wholeheartedly embraced that idea.

Mentally, she would would have frantically grasped that lifeline, because the runaway scenario provides the only real hope that he could still be alive.

The fact that his mom can't grasp that straw is very telling.

What it tells me is that there's no way Gannon ran away.

JMO.

Last edited:
I think that if the adult in the video was not TS, coming and returning, she would have asserted this in her statement (the one where she said the video had been "cleared").
I think that is less likely if the child figure is someone dressed up to pose as GS, but I also think that one of the first things LE probably tried to establish was the Monday whereabouts of everyone in the household, at work and school and anywhere else.

I agree, and very unlikely someone would pose as possibly "injured"...that would defeat the purpose of a stand in.

I just don't see Gannon being left in a remote area alive. There would be a chance of him being found. I don't think that was an option for him :(
I agree on this. While many of the areas within 2 hours of their home have difficult terrain and are rural or undeveloped, they aren't that remote. It isn't Alaskan or Canadian wilderness, and there are plenty of local people who regularly and capably explore all kinds of places. Whoever disappeared Gannon might have discounted this, but I tend to think the person would not have taken the risk of leaving him in an uncontrollable location alive.

I am new to websleuth, so please bear with. Question, if LE was able to verify from video that GS returned home with SM, does it seem that the investigation would have taken a different trajectory? Any thoughts?

Yes, and they wouldn't had said "this is the break" that they needed as reported by the neighbor. IMO, they saw what we saw & more in that video!

snipped

“All I can say is, in the absence of search efforts any day, it does not mean we are not investigating this case with every resource available to us,” Jacqueline Kirby, sheriff’s spokeswoman, said Friday

Hundreds of people are involved in solving the case of Gannon’s disappearance, she said. The number one priority of the sheriff’s office remains to find Gannon alive and return him to his family, Kirby said.
Gannon Stauch case: Sheriff’s office suspends southern Douglas County search for boy

Of course G wasn’t with a big group but maybe TS was distracted and didn’t realize he got out of the truck? Noticed later down the road doubled back. Drove around looking? Far stretch cuz I would have immediately called 911. But maybe. Moo
<rsbm>

JMO, that would not explain how she claimed he was home in the afternoon and left to go to a friends.

I think LE are keeping their cards close to their chest on this one. They don’t want to risk another Lucas Hernandez situation where they name a poi then the suspect commits suicide. Once they name a poi it becomes a huge risk, it piles pressure on the suspect and they may end up taking drastic action that means they can never be brought to justice. A named suspect can also become a flight risk and a risk to any other children that may be in their care. LE will have a lot going on that we don’t know about and they are allowed to come out and say ‘there aren’t any suspects at this time’ etc, even if that is not completely true. Their main focus right now is finding Gannon, any suspects can be dealt with after he is found. But for now they need to find him, alive or deceased and then they will know where their focus is going forward. If that means withholding information then they are entitled to do that, they will say and do anything they can to find Gannon right now. The person responsible for his disappearance will face the music sooner or later but for now they need to locate Gannon, and I have every faith that they will. I sadly don’t think he will be found alive but I do think that LE are going about this the right way in the circumstances of this case going off what has happened in others previous.
JMO

Although I tend to believe he did come back to the house, he very well could have "run away" from the truck while she was doing the shopping errands we can't mention here.
Well we can at least use her own second statement about shopping that she gave to the press, the written one in which she said she went shopping: "Fast forward, we did a hike on Sunday (cleared), and shopping on Monday ( cleared as well for him getting out of the other side".

So I've tried to picture this too, him fleeing the truck if she left him alone briefly. But in just about any busy or even half-way busy retail shopping area, I think there would be likely some surveillance cameras that would have eventually caught a glimpse of him.

But even if not, I think he would have found help. He could have even hidden briefly, inside some nearby retail location, but he was 11 and I think he would have fairly quickly sought help. Would have approached someone for help to make a phone call or text to his bio Mom or Dad, and the odds of him finding the right helping adult would have outweighed an immediate encounter with a wrong one. His distraught condition would have told a story that would have quickly involved police.

jmho

Apologize if this has already been discussed. I do think it's important to see the victim mentality and total disregard for authority. Previously she thought that she could just walk away without repercussions because she wanted to. Hope this is within TOS for this one - I usually know what I can and can't do but this one is different. :)

Paraphrasing her back of head interview when she "spoke out" in her words.
"They denied me an attorney. I asked more than once. They wouldn't even let me have food or a drink of water. It was a violation of my Constitutional Rights. During the interview there were 2 good detectives but one of them was awful. I have spent my life with children. I would never do anything to any of them. I've worked hard for this. They've ruined my professional status due to all of the comments." (wish I would have been a fly on the wall for that interview...) When she says she can't wait for him to come home so she can prove everyone wrong mainly AS and he will owe her an apology. Says this over and over. THAT makes my skin crawl.

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

State of South Carolina BOE hearing re: her SC Educator Certificate suspension 03/28/2016:
No one in 2020 ruined your professional status. In the State of SC it was already tarnished due to showing up for 1 week of training and 2 days beginning of the school year. Aug. 20th, 2015 you sent an email to the board that claimed you had experienced harassment and retaliation after requesting to be released from the District due to a pending military move and then claimed it had been denied. That was AS fault I'm sure. You also stated that the Superintendent's niece was LH which is why the harassment and retaliation started. Threats of filing an EEOC claim unless you were released from your contract followed. Sorry, both the harassment and retaliation claims were found unsubstantiated. Were you so mad for those 180 days before you could renew because this was AS and LH fault?

https://ed.sc.gov/state-board/state...inary-action/may-orders/stauch-letecia-h-pdf/

I woke up this morning trying to see every angle of this thinking maybe you just aren't good with your words. You aren't making it easy, you are not the victim here.

...Gannon didn't cause this...LH didn't cause this...AS didn't cause this...

We don't know if you caused this YET but at this moment YOUR actions that got YOUR educators certificate suspended as well as the reason YOU were interviewed.

Please STOP BLAMING that sweet boy and his parents. IF you know anything at all, even the tiniest info, tell LE. Is that why you wouldn't face the camera because they would notice your mannerisms? Honey, they already know. The top levels of National Intelligence/Security are looking to find GS and will continue to do so. AS is their brother.

"The 100th Missile Defense Brigade is the U.S. military’s only missile defense brigade, and the only unit tasked with defending the homeland against intercontinental ballistic missile attacks. Using a sophisticated fire control system supported by sea, land and space-based sensors, and a missile-launched Exo-Atmospheric Kill Vehicle, Soldiers can track, intercept and destroy an enemy warhead in its mid-course phase of flight, outside the Earth’s atmosphere."

https://www.smdc.army.mil/Portals/38/Documents/Publications/Fact_Sheets/100th_MDB_2019.pdf

Random question - does anyone think that anything TS said about the day Gannon went missing is true including her actions, Gannon's etc.? I think she is likely a pathological liar. JMOO
She just admitted to sending a mega search party, LE and the FBI off in the wrong direction when she came up with an abduction story.
I dislike speculating on her because it's like chasing a crack addict and it invariably 'infects' one. JMO

This just reminded me of a time when I was 12 and we were headed home from the beach. 3 caravans full of family members. Made a stop at gas station. I went in to use bathroom and came out and everyone was gone! Thankfully didn’t take my parents long to realize they were missing a kid and they turned back around to come get me.
Of course G wasn’t with a big group but maybe TS was distracted and didn’t realize he got out of the truck? Noticed later down the road doubled back. Drove around looking? Far stretch cuz I would have immediately called 911. But maybe. Moo

And this is where I give up trying to give her one inch. I cannot think of any, any situation where Gannon was missing or hurt or needed some kind of help and she (hypothetically) didn't call for help. Still a selfish, sick monster IMO.

Granted eventually yes, LE was called but the ever-shifting story and mystery "friend" etc etc....nope. No ma'am.

I've said it before, even IF she is innocent of his disappearance, I know too much about her to ever give her a pass and think she is a decent human being.

Random question - does anyone think that anything TS said about the day Gannon went missing is true including her actions, Gannon's etc.? I think she is likely a pathological liar. JMOO
She really hasn't said much about the day he disappeared other than him home from school, heading out to a friends etc. She talks "around" it. I guess being out of school was factual :rolleyes:

At this point absolutely not. AS has a degree in psychology if I remember right. He can read her better than most I bet.

<rsbm>

JMO, that would not explain how she claimed he was home in the afternoon and left to go to a friends.
The only thing I can think of would be fear. Kinda like when my kids did something but they get scared and lie. Fear of admitting she lost him. So she came up with a lie and then another and then another...no idea what she would be so fearful of. CPS taking the kids away and calling her unfit? Her husband leaving her? Affecting her chances of getting a teaching job if she can’t even be responsible for her own kids?
I don’t know but it was just a thought on how an accident may have happened. Why they still r hopeful he is still alive. And why LH mentioned him wandering off but not necessarily running away. Maybe he just needed to use the bathroom. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akoyaqueen