Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen many posts speculating that LS “overreacted” or “flew off the handle” at some offense GS did Sunday night, and I agree that this is a likely scenario. My youngest (adopted from foreign orphanage at age one, FAS, ADHD & anxiety) is a challenge. Flying home from celebrating her 9th bday at Disney last night, I was reminded of how parenting a difficult child could drive a normal someone over their limits. It comes up in hubs and my conversations about once a month that thank God we were over 40 and had commitment to her, maturity and resources...she could have wound up in a family who couldn’t handle her. All that to say, do we know of GS being a challenging child to parent? I’m not giving TS a break here, but I wonder if LH or AS acknowledged he could be a “handful”, maybe LS would jump on the bandwagon with her own stories of how he was in her care. Sorry long post...

I agree on this. While many of the areas within 2 hours of their home have difficult terrain and are rural or undeveloped, they aren't that remote. It isn't Alaskan or Canadian wilderness, and there are plenty of local people who regularly and capably explore all kinds of places. Whoever disappeared Gannon might have discounted this, but I tend to think the person would not have taken the risk of leaving him in an uncontrollable location alive.
Yep yep yeppers. I have said this many times as well. No matter the weather, we still hike. If weather stopped us, we would never leave the house for like 9 months out of the year. And I can't think of any place that anyone could have driven that is SO remote that no one could have heard a child screaming. Or at least the possibility of a child screaming. Or being found. I guess my mind could go to a horrible place where duct tape over a mouth to keep from screaming...and then thrown somewhere. Whether into a ravine of some type, or placed in something like a bag, etc. In that scenario, there is the "truth" that she keeps stating that he was alive. But I'm not leaning on that. He could still have been found if he was alive. Unless he was critically wounded and would not last much longer.

Ugh. I HATE even thinking like that. I keep thinking of LH's voice and her tears. This is her baby boy. Not just a picture on a computer screen. Her baby. And I HATE that our minds even have to think what could have happened to this sweet baby.

Was just looking at LH's FB and at first I was so heartbroken and sad for her like I have been for weeks now but then I got angry.
How dare ANYONE take this boy away from where he should be!!!!! Safe, at home, with the ones that obviously LOVE him endlessly. Dear God, where is Gannon?!

Well we can at least use her own second statement about shopping that she gave to the press, the written one in which she said she went shopping: "Fast forward, we did a hike on Sunday (cleared), and shopping on Monday ( cleared as well for him getting out of the other side".

So I've tried to picture this too, him fleeing the truck if she left him alone briefly. But in just about any busy or even half-way busy retail shopping area, I think there would be likely some surveillance cameras that would have eventually caught a glimpse of him.

But even if not, I think he would have found help. He could have even hidden briefly, inside some nearby retail location, but he was 11 and I think he would have fairly quickly sought help. Would have approached someone for help to make a phone call or text to his bio Mom or Dad, and the odds of him finding the right helping adult would have outweighed an immediate encounter with a wrong one. His distraught condition would have told a story that would have quickly involved police.

jmho
I wasn't presenting this as my main theory (I don't actually have one anyway), I was responding to the OP who did not list this possibility. Maybe someday the shopping trip will hit MSM and we can discuss possible behaviors of hers that might support this theory.

The only thing I can think of would be fear. Kinda like when my kids did something but they get scared and lie. Fear of admitting she lost him. So she came up with a lie and then another and then another...no idea what she would be so fearful of. CPS taking the kids away and calling her unfit? Her husband leaving her? Affecting her chances of getting a teaching job if she can’t even be responsible for her own kids?
I don’t know but it was just a thought on how an accident may have happened. Why they still r hopeful he is still alive. And why LH mentioned him wandering off but not necessarily running away. Maybe he just needed to use the bathroom. Moo

Maybe she would be fearful of being called an unfit mother after spending years calling BM an unfit mother? Maybe spending years creating the image of the perfect wife, perfect stepmum and fear of that all unravelling?

IMOO

"Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism."

"A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them."

Narcissistic personality disorder - Symptoms and causes

I’ve seen many posts speculating that LS “overreacted” or “flew off the handle” at some offense GS did Sunday night, and I agree that this is a likely scenario. My youngest (adopted from foreign orphanage at age one, FAS, ADHD & anxiety) is a challenge. Flying home from celebrating her 9th bday at Disney last night, I was reminded of how parenting a difficult child could drive a normal someone over their limits. It comes up in hubs and my conversations about once a month that thank God we were over 40 and had commitment to her, maturity and resources...she could have wound up in a family who couldn’t handle her. All that to say, do we know of GS being a challenging child to parent? I’m not giving TS a break here, but I wonder if LH or AS acknowledged he could be a “handful”, maybe LS would jump on the bandwagon with her own stories of how he was in her care. Sorry long post...
I've been wondering about this too. I know that Gannon was described at one point as having an "independent streak:"
ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for more than 3 weeks

and LH mentioned her dismay at people discussing that he could have behavioral issues. I've also wondered if the medication he has been said to take is for ADHD or something along those lines.

Regardless, like LH said, whatever issues an 11-year-old is dealing with, his disappearance is 100% not his fault. I just think it could be a piece of the puzzle in considering how his caregiver came to "lose" him or worse.

At this point absolutely not. AS has a degree in psychology if I remember right. He can read her better than most I bet.
Perhaps but remember sometimes "love" (lust) is blind. Perhaps he did see some red flags thinking back. Perhaps he saw many causing alarm and was planning on getting the he77 away. Me pondering.
ETA- I think reality hit him when Gannon went missing as to who she really is. IMO

Let me ask this question. If SM was not involved, what do you think happened? Pedophile abduction while he was walking down the road? Plowed into a snow bank by accident in the dark? Wandered off to hide and passed from exposure? Still out there hiding and not knowing he is being searched for?
I've been pondering if SM isn't directly responsible for an "accident" then maybe she is helping someone cover up what happened to GS. JMO

I've been pondering if SM isn't directly responsible for an "accident" then maybe she is helping someone cover up what happened to GS. JMO
I have done the same and can't even type my alternative theory plus I am sure that it would break TOS. The other option makes me sick to my stomach thinking of it.

I have a question for locals: How long had it been since the last snow cover or snow forecast before 1/28? Hope that made sense, and please forgive me if this has been discussed already.

Not much snow at all in January. If my memory serves me I don't think there was any ground cover at that point in January. Unfortunately there have been multiple snows starting 3 days (I think) after G went missing. Quite a bit of snow throughout February. Right now there is roughly about 5-6" left, but significant melting should take place during the day today & tomorrow as temps will be close to 50 F.

I'm sitting here 'tapping the table'..
awaiting the next influx.
I considered putting myself in her shoes while wondering what to make of the somewhat abrupt search location ending.
I decided I will not do that to myself.
The only other wild thoughts arising are the use of her word 'accident' an accident, not a tragedy...
I was trying to figure how an accident is not a tragedy but for that I would need her understanding of the words. They were hers.
The most convenient accident, not a tragedy, if tragedy means execution, would be if she took him to a high place, persuaded him to look over the edge and PUSHED him 'accidentally' to his death.
She could tell HERSELf it was an accident and it would not have consumed a huge quantity of her memory bank, lasting a mere few seconds for the action though the planning could have taken a lot longer.
She could conveniently and easily block it out.

But then , mid flight he became abducted, unfortunately...
I can't

So many of us find it hard to believe that someone would hurt a child. We can’t fathom that such a level of evil that exists- so we explain it away. We’d like to believe we could spot a monster from a mile away. That’s how good people usually think.

I hope some of your theories are right, that this was an accident - or that he is alive somewhere.

But my fear is that we just rationalize by thinking what we would do, or what any sane person would do.

It’s odd when you talk to a murderer. Most of the time, it’s just like talking to anyone else. But many times there is a sense that things aren’t right.

I laughed unaware with a murderer once... small talk. I could sense something was off, but I would never had guessed that he was a killer.

I wouldn’t put too much faith in someone’s words. Anything is possible and the average killer isn’t Charles Manson crazy, they are the Killer Next Door crazy. Especially if it’s their first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akoyaqueen