Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
Story broke of neighbors video he found showing she and our boy left at 10ish and only she returned at 2ish - media thread

Let's note that is not a fact. We do not know who, if anyone, exited the passenger side of the vehicle as it is not directly visible in the video. That area of the image is quite lacking in detail in the format provided to the public (a recording of a playback of the video as played on a large screen TV).

Also note we have not seen other surveillance video from that neighbor's camera(s) nor any other neighbor's camera(s). Recordings from those cameras might show no one or someone exited the passenger side; we simply do not know.

Seeing the shadows in the video initially made me reluctant to assume only SM returned but now I have to weigh that against what LE had been doing the past week: searching and sifting through snow. If LE was positive GS had returned in the truck would they still have performed the same searches? I am stuck at this point because of course LE would still be searching since GS is still missing, regardless of whether or not he returned in the truck.

The bottom line: we do not know whether GS disappeared during the 'shopping trip' or disappeared while/when at home; and I expect LE will not release that information until after GS is brought home or until they run out of leads and the case temperature begins to drop.

The clock relentlessly moves forward as we continue bantering thoughts and opinions throughout a forum full of concerned strangers who want to see Gannon come home safe and sound. As more time passes and no Gannon, the greater the grief. Reality's a b@tch.

I wonder if she added the detail about the side gate to explain any possible blood on the side of the house either near or on the side gate ?
Another thing I had been thinking about was the story that police surrounded her and her daughter and threatening to kill them and had guns drawn. I hate even speaking on this bc I really do think she watches and I believe it helps her narrative possibly? regardless, I think she has been trying to set up an unfair trial, Bc of the things she mentions. Who the hell has a first interview and starts saying LE, did all these things to her and her daughter? She’s trying to guide the case in her own direction for her own benefit and nothing is about Gannon. And if GS does show up, one way or another; she can sue law enforcement either way for being mistreated or something.

bbm

Let's note that is not a fact. We do not know who, if anyone, exited the passenger side of the vehicle as it is not directly visible in the video. That area of the image is quite lacking in detail in the format provided to the public (a recording of a playback of the video as played on a large screen TV).

Also note we have not seen other surveillance video from that neighbor's camera(s) nor any other neighbor's camera(s). Recordings from those cameras might show no one or someone exited the passenger side; we simply do not know.

Seeing the shadows in the video initially made me reluctant to assume only SM returned but now I have to weigh that against what LE had been doing the past week: searching and sifting through snow. If LE was positive GS had returned in the truck would they still have performed the same searches? I am stuck at this point because of course LE would still be searching since GS is still missing, regardless of whether or not he returned in the truck.

The bottom line: we do not know whether GS disappeared during the 'shopping trip' or disappeared while/when at home; and I expect LE will not release that information until after GS is brought home or until they run out of leads and the case temperature begins to drop.

The clock relentlessly moves forward as we continue bantering thoughts and opinions throughout a forum full of concerned strangers who want to see Gannon come home safe and sound. As more time passes and no Gannon, the greater the grief. Reality's a b@tch.
LE would of said. “In the video footage we see LS exit the vehicle alone but we have retrieved other surveillance that, Gannon was in fact, caught exiting the vehicle on the other side, which would be the passenger side” that would be their report verbatim. Then would say they are “investigating what happened from 2pm when he was caught on camera exiting the vehicle to NEVER BEING SEEN AGAIN”

Morning All :) THAT was a lot of pages to go through!! I cheated and skimmed mostly. Seems WS really takes off when it's my bedtime!! OK not gonna ask or write anything as need atleast 2 coffees and don't want to repeat what you guys have been discussing :) Just wanted to feel part of WS by posting and state the obvious...Here for Gannon <3

Morning All :) THAT was a lot of pages to go through!! I cheated and skimmed mostly. Seems WS really takes off when it's my bedtime!! OK not gonna ask or write anything as need atleast 2 coffees and don't want to repeat what you guys have been discussing :) Just wanted to feel part of WS by posting and state the obvious...Here for Gannon <3
Same here but slightly ahead of you on the catch up. I would sum it up as:

<modsnip: removed reference to other member>

Some have speculated that T collected the red truck from airport longterm parking then returned it. Before this gathers any more wings, no evidence of that anywhere (and I myself dont think it makes sense, but that's JMO).

An investigator was seen going into Gannon's house with a camera and came out with dusty knees, suggesting she had to kneel down to do whatever she did.

I may have missed more, but dig into the above as you wish!

Enjoy your coffee ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

<modsnip: removed reference to other member>

Some have speculated that T collected the red truck from airport longterm parking then returned it. Before this gathers any more wings, no evidence of that anywhere (and I myself dont think it makes sense, but that's JMO).

An investigator was seen going into Gannon's house with a camera and came out with dusty knees, suggesting she had to kneel down to do whatever she did.

Enjoy your coffee ;)
Haha, Thank you so much @HongKongPhooey for your brilliant condensed highlight report of the latest developements :) And thanks for making me giggle ;) Thankfully I was inbetween coffees lol

A new poster arrived and caused quite a stir, causing some to believe it may actually have been T herself. Things got a little heated for a few pages.

Enjoy your coffee ;)
<modsnip: rude> the idea it was T, has been through this thread since #1. As in the truck situation, I still have no idea why the airport or truck or any of that was even mentioned. LS was AS WIFE, I’m sure vehicles weren’t a huge secret or issue, while he was away

Yikes, I have about 20 twitter pages open from clicking on all the links posted throughout the night!!:p:p:p This isn't dying down at all in the media, quite the opposite infact...Oooh maybe just maybe they are closing in on firstly finding Gannon and then an arrest!!!
The Sherrif's last update was more detailed than the previous updates but still without any new info apart from the kind of tips they have received even though vague, was kinda interesting...Possible sightihgs, Suspicious behaviour...hmmmm!! Social media errr stuff!! Drone/video/photo evidence..

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

... I happen to be very happy here at WS and am proud that WS has higher standards than most other sites. I like our TOS and our MSM rules. That's just my opinion.

Interesting. I always assumed she talked about the gate in order to explain how he may have left without being spotted.

Clearly, that scenario doesn’t hold water.

So she’s either trying to account for something else, or she’s a complete idiot who doesn’t understand that he still would have been spotted.

So I don’t know what to make of it either.

@MassGuy, your posts are a highlight here for me. You are articulate, concise, knowledgeable and direct. When I am quite far behind, I will skim pages purposefully just looking for and reading your posts. As a not so new member, but predominantly just a reader, I am learning a lot from you.

bbm
LE would of said. “In the video footage we see LS exit the vehicle alone but we have retrieved other surveillance that, Gannon was in fact, caught exiting the vehicle on the other side, which would be the passenger side” that would be their report verbatim. Then would say they are “investigating what happened from 2pm when he was caught on camera exiting the vehicle to NEVER BEING SEEN AGAIN”

I would respectfully suggest you do not know what LE "would have said" or done. LE has kept most if not all of what they know close to the vest so I expect they would do the same regarding video evidence.

bbm
My own driveway camera is also aimed this direction, although I have no neighbors. It is because motion detectors pick up sideways movement. If someone walks directly towards the face of the camera, it takes much longer to pick up that movement than if they come from the side. So if you aim your camera at an angle, you are much more likely to pick up someone walking towards your house, because then it is a sideways movement.

I'm guessing that, while he had constant recording, he only had alerts for a certain range... in front of his driveway. It would only be accidental that he captured anything else.

I keep seeing people subtly imply that it's odd that the camera was pointing towards the Stauch house, but IMO it's functional. And we are very fortunate for that.
Motion Detection in video surveillance systems typically is based on image change. The video stream (of bits) is processed in near-real time ("near" because it takes time to process hundreds of thousands/more-likely millions of pixels) to detect change in pixels/blocks of pixels.

Older designs of "motion detection" might rely on using the signal from a passing infrared motion detection device, such as is commonly used with typical flood lights, to electronically control recording of an video image or to capture a single image (photograph).

Infrared detection is 'less reliable' as various factors affect it, such as ambient temperature, direct and reflected sunlight, humidity and area-of-change (how much of the monitored area changes temperature and by what degree)

Video-change "motion" detection is programmable in such that it is set to trigger when the image (all or select areas in advanced controllers) changes, regardless of temperature and direction of movement.

bbm

I would respectfully suggest you do not know what LE "would have said" or done. LE has kept most if not all of what they know close to the vest so I expect they would do the same regarding video evidence.

I agree. We also don't know whether LE condoned the release of the blurry video either. People have pet theories but we don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum