Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I always assumed she talked about the gate in order to explain how he may have left without being spotted.

Clearly, that scenario doesn’t hold water.

So she’s either trying to account for something else, or she’s a complete idiot who doesn’t understand that he still would have been spotted.

So I don’t know what to make of it either.

I think LS is low on sleep, full of anxiety and grasping at straws! So..whatever she says, we have to weed things out. I don't think the gate or the key that Gannon held means much....that's not to say the key won't be found, either with him or without him. I honestly believe LS weaves tid bits in that don't amount to much. Specifically to misdirect LE. She apparently thinks she is one step ahead of everyone else, but I don't think she is!

The public statement by LS has been covered by multiple MSM outlets. I just linked to an article about it in my previous post.

Anyways I just wanted to link some visual facts to her account. Hence the photos showing where the gate is actually situated, in relation to the house and the street.

BM may be called a lot of things, but I think most mothers can agree she is extremely strong minded and very well grounded, Bc I know 95% of mothers (and fathers) who would be solving this real quick in their own ways.
I know a lot of moms who would have settled this to their happy satisfaction. Bless Landen’s heart ❤️.

if she is capable of possibly making a child disappear, do you think the younger sibling would utter a word? Kids are not stupid by any means. They are easily figured out, but doesn’t mean they will speak on the subject. And regarding to the older child, the 17 year old, do you think a lifetime of possible physical and psychological abuse, then being in the know, of what happened to her step brother, wouldn’t have her terrified to go against her mother? Not to mention, she is your mother. I don’t think kids speak as easily as people think.<modsnip: off topic>
I think they would, especially if they were separated from SM for a time.

There’s obviously no way of knowing, but distance may make them more amenable to sharing what they know. That control doesn’t go away, but it can dissipate.

She’s not living in that house, and may not have seen the younger child since this happened.

It’s impossible to guess how cooperate her older daughter will be. Loyalty may run deep.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they would, especially if they were separated from SM for a time.

There’s obviously no way of knowing, but distance may make them more amenable to sharing what they know. That control doesn’t go away, but it can dissipate.

She’s not living in that house, and may not have seen the younger child since this happened.

It’s impossible to guess how cooperate her older daughter will be. Loyalty may run deep.
I feel like it would be completely opposite, Bc everyone begsssss for their mom when *advertiser censored* gets bad. BUT, I will agree, maybe the kids want away bad enough to tell. But I doubt it. And a lot of the times the longer they are away, the more they want what’s familiar to them, even if they know it hurts them. I don’t know their is so much more in-depth psychology in those situations that I’m not educated enough in, I just know MOM IS MOM, and if she said DONT TELL, who knows how much power that can hold in a child.<modsnip>

Fox31 published LS’s “statement” as an exclusive. If she also shared it on FB, that’s news to me.

In it, she inexplicably mentions how Gannon keeps going to the gate.

No other source that I know of mentions the gate. It is not SM, it is MSM and that reporter (Fierro?) continues to work hard on this case.

The statement is in the links at the top of this thread.

Here’s the statement, posted in its entirety. I bolded the part about the gate:

"First and foremost, I would like to thank all agencies, volunteers, and community members who are working diligently and praying endlessly to bring Gannon home safe. Thank you to my husband who has stayed strong through this and protected our family to the best of his ability and our immediate & extended family members throughout the east coast. To Gannon, please come home soon because your daddy is waiting to watch the new Sonic movie that comes out this week and the cool shirt I got you to wear to the theatre is in your closet.

Social Media has been devastating from the harsh comments, speculations, threats, cyber bullying, etc. It has been a challenge when people are trying to run you off the road, waiting outside your hotel, threatening to kill you, etc. I encourage the Sheriff’s Office to take down those pages that promote negative behavior and violence. Let’s Do what Gannon would do. Be Kind to one another!

We all have engaged in something crazy online at some point but Gannon would want everyone to get along and to focus on finding him.

I know that many people have kids and are invested in this because it hits close to home for them. I would like to think that overall most people are genuine and want to do everything in their power to find G. With that being sad, Please take a step back for a moment and let me explain to you a few details that were not released. For example, just like the video that was leaked, there are additional details that were hidden due to 1) the department doing its job 2) the effects of social media and how some individuals would criticize or hinder the investigation. I chose to listen, I didn’t leak videos or information. But at this time it’s getting later in the process and we just want Gannon home. I feel the need to fill in some gaps. Now let me stress this, POLICE have known this since the first interview.

Saturday Night, G was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of tools because Albert does woodworking.

He sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged it up. He was good to go. He always loves helping his dad in the garage build things like his LEGO tables and the flower pot they built for me as a gift. After this, I noticed G kept going to the side of the house.

He told me he was checking to see if the gate was locked because he was the only one with a gate key. It made him proud to be the man of the house while Albert was away.
Fast forward, we did a hike on Sunday (cleared), and shopping on Monday ( cleared as well for him getting out of the other side). Please don’t think for a second that there isn’t enough of technology to determine shadows and movement around the truck. There was also proof from my phone that we had taken a selfie in the truck in our driveway that was time stamped. We always send pictures to Albert when we are out and about or when he is away. That can be scanned for actual time verification. Last, from day one the Sheriff's office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with.

I explained to them and provided evidence. They had information about G having the key to go out the side gate. Last they have more in-depth details that go along with this pointing to who sent the person or why he may have come. Again, I repeat they have had this Initially and I was asked to keep quiet about it so they could have the best shot at doing their job and bringing G home. The last thing that they needed was a hindrance to their investigation. I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior and keep praying for G!

Tecia Stauch"

Exclusive: Gannon Stauch’s stepmother releases statement about boy’s disappearance

Last edited:
The I never heard anything about a gate comment, nor her “statement.” Guess I should find it. I just started reading people talking about it. Have no clue what it was about.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

The fact that they called it an “Exclusive,” means that she likely submitted it to Fox 31 directly.

I’m not surprised she posted it on her Facebook as well.

The fact that they called it an “Exclusive,” means that she likely submitted it to Fox 31 directly.

I’m not surprised she posted it on her Facebook as well.
Yes until she deactivated her Facebook. Which was right after this long rambling on about gates and keys and GS being the man of the house; which was 1 thing I can actually “believe”, Bc I have a 13 year old. They love to be held in “manly” situations where they feel they have a tiny bit of power and can protect. Little boys love their mommas. Well my experience with mine and almost every friend i have with a little boy, which is a lot, little boys want to be BIG STRONG MEN from the time are they sooooo little. But him having to the only key? I mean, nobody gives even OTHER ADULTS IN THE HOME, THE ONLY KEY. So that’s a nah.

I think we saw a snippet and there’s more footage with greater clarity.
The neighbor's surveillance camera appears to be an xfinity-provided "xCam" model. It provides a 109° angle of view ("wide angle") and the image is 720p @ 30fps.

I assume it was installed to primarily monitor his own driveway. That the Stauch driveway appears in frame is a fortunate happenstance. It is possible the camera was aimed to also include the Stauch driveway but either way, that area of the image is lacking as compared to the majority of the image.

Wide angle lenses include more area in the image but lesser detail. Narrow angle lens include less area but more detail. This assumes the same resolution (in this case, 720 vertical pixels/'horizontal lines'.

The only way we could witness "greater clarity" is to view the video first-hand. What we have now is a recording of the video as played back on a large screen television. Blah.

Home owners may download their video files and I would expect LE in this case to have asked the neighbor (or obtained a warrant) for a copy of the file. I expect we'll never have access to that file.

<modsnip: removed duplicate quote/response>

The neighbor's surveillance camera appears to be an xfinity-provided "xCam" model. It provides a 109° angle of view ("wide angle") and the image is 720p @ 30fps.

I assume it was installed to primarily monitor his own driveway. That the Stauch driveway appears in frame is a fortunate happenstance. It is possible the camera was aimed to also include the Stauch driveway but either way, that area of the image is lacking as compared to the majority of the image.

Wide angle lenses include more area in the image but lesser detail. Narrow angle lens include less area but more detail. This assumes the same resolution (in this case, 720 vertical pixels/'horizontal lines'.

The only way we could witness "greater clarity" is to view the video first-hand. What we have now is a recording of the video as played back on a large screen television. Blah.

Home owners may download their video files and I would expect LE in this case to have asked the neighbor (or obtained a warrant) for a copy of the file. I expect we'll never have access to that file.
the video surveillance now known as “nighttime video” was a grid of surveillance, so maybe 1 system, but many cameras, Bc they all record differently, as if placed in different places around home. Makes sense. I don’t think the surveillance of that Monday morning, was the only footage in his security system, but the only one that could show some type to evidence? I don’t know; I have no idea.

This is Colorado, we’ll almost certainly have access to that file.

In the Watts case for instance, we had countless hours of audio and video.

That’s when all is said and done though, whenever the hell that is.

This is Colorado, we’ll almost certainly have access to that file.

In the Watts case for instance, we had countless hours of audio and video.

That’s when all is said and done though, whenever the hell that is.

speaking of that case and the one that comes to mind, is Scott Peterson. What would make LS shy away from media and cameras and make the latter, enjoy every second of it? Same with CA, some love it, some can’t look. I wish I knew.

speaking of that case and the one that comes to mind, is Scott Peterson. What would make LS shy away from media and cameras and make the latter, enjoy every second of it? Same with CA, some love it, some can’t look. I wish I knew.
No, I actually don’t wish I knew. Or I would be like them. But it does make me wonder.

Here’s the statement, posted in its entirety. I bolded the part about the gate:

"First and foremost, I would like to thank all agencies, volunteers, and community members who are working diligently and praying endlessly to bring Gannon home safe. Thank you to my husband who has stayed strong through this and protected our family to the best of his ability and our immediate & extended family members throughout the east coast. To Gannon, please come home soon because your daddy is waiting to watch the new Sonic movie that comes out this week and the cool shirt I got you to wear to the theatre is in your closet.

Social Media has been devastating from the harsh comments, speculations, threats, cyber bullying, etc. It has been a challenge when people are trying to run you off the road, waiting outside your hotel, threatening to kill you, etc. I encourage the Sheriff’s Office to take down those pages that promote negative behavior and violence. Let’s Do what Gannon would do. Be Kind to one another!

We all have engaged in something crazy online at some point but Gannon would want everyone to get along and to focus on finding him.

I know that many people have kids and are invested in this because it hits close to home for them. I would like to think that overall most people are genuine and want to do everything in their power to find G. With that being sad, Please take a step back for a moment and let me explain to you a few details that were not released. For example, just like the video that was leaked, there are additional details that were hidden due to 1) the department doing its job 2) the effects of social media and how some individuals would criticize or hinder the investigation. I chose to listen, I didn’t leak videos or information. But at this time it’s getting later in the process and we just want Gannon home. I feel the need to fill in some gaps. Now let me stress this, POLICE have known this since the first interview.

Saturday Night, G was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of tools because Albert does woodworking.

He sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged it up. He was good to go. He always loves helping his dad in the garage build things like his LEGO tables and the flower pot they built for me as a gift. After this, I noticed G kept going to the side of the house.

He told me he was checking to see if the gate was locked because he was the only one with a gate key. It made him proud to be the man of the house while Albert was away.
Fast forward, we did a hike on Sunday (cleared), and shopping on Monday ( cleared as well for him getting out of the other side). Please don’t think for a second that there isn’t enough of technology to determine shadows and movement around the truck. There was also proof from my phone that we had taken a selfie in the truck in our driveway that was time stamped. We always send pictures to Albert when we are out and about or when he is away. That can be scanned for actual time verification. Last, from day one the Sheriff's office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with.

I explained to them and provided evidence. They had information about G having the key to go out the side gate. Last they have more in-depth details that go along with this pointing to who sent the person or why he may have come. Again, I repeat they have had this Initially and I was asked to keep quiet about it so they could have the best shot at doing their job and bringing G home. The last thing that they needed was a hindrance to their investigation. I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior and keep praying for G!

Tecia Stauch"

Exclusive: Gannon Stauch’s stepmother releases statement about boy’s disappearance
I wonder if she added the detail about the side gate to explain any possible blood on the side of the house either near or on the side gate ?

My own driveway camera is also aimed this direction, although I have no neighbors. It is because motion detectors pick up sideways movement. If someone walks directly towards the face of the camera, it takes much longer to pick up that movement than if they come from the side. So if you aim your camera at an angle, you are much more likely to pick up someone walking towards your house, because then it is a sideways movement.

I'm guessing that, while he had constant recording, he only had alerts for a certain range... in front of his driveway. It would only be accidental that he captured anything else.

I keep seeing people subtly imply that it's odd that the camera was pointing towards the Stauch house, but IMO it's functional. And we are very fortunate for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd