Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With little to add to ‘crazy is as crazy does’ my mind gets silly. I’m ready for a third cup of coffee. I remain just as confused as I was when I woke up. This thing we call ‘sleep’ is producing serious FOMO issues for me. Rip Van Winkle has nothing on us at WS.

Everybody probably knows by now, that in T-Land, there is always the germ of truth. TS puts layer upon layer of fantasy over it. We’ll never know the real truth from her as she:

Presplains in Vain. Explains she’s Sane. Gives with 1/2 a Brain. We take with 1/2 a Grain. Entertains the Main. Complains she’s off the Chain. She Contains the Stains as she Maintains her Lanes. She Feigns her Pain. Expects $s to Rain. So she can Drain for financial Gain. She remains Insane. LE will Ascertain. She’s Inhumane! Are we sure she’s not on ‘windowpane’?
LOL Oh ima your such a gem.

I am turning this around in my head, but I think this is close to what I think.

If there was a temporary storage site, where G’s body was dumped, LS would’ve probably been slowly circling an area. Scouting. Maybe making sure the coast was clear. Eventually stopping when she chose a site. And all of that could be recorded in device data that LE could potentially have. That would explain the local searches that seem to be looking for small items.

Would love to know if they have tracking data on the rental car and how large of a radius it traveled. Has it shown up on cameras of toll booths? Some personal cars and rental cars have “i-passes” that would auto-record going through tolls too (they are called something different in different places but they digitally charge tolls to the account so you don’t have to wait in line). Someone suggested the highway to Kansas. Would that have toll booths? Or any other obvious surveillance points?

your posts too.

No toll booth on I-70 west of Topeka, and I think she would've had to turn around to make it round trip. I-70 has tolls from Topeka-KC. I-35 also has toll booths for a portion from Wichita-KC. Mostly south central to eastern KS has tolls on either I-70 or I-35.

However, one of the things I've been thinking about-when I rented a car in NY recently, it had onboard toll pass technology, so I received a charge for the tolls 2 weeks later. I think they get the monthly bill and then attach the charge to whomever was renting the car at the time of the toll charge. I didn't even know I drove through a toll area (we went from NY to Massachusetts), so had to have those charges explained.

However, if she had an additional charge from Budget later, that would be on her forensic finance investigation that they've surely done. Hertz requires a credit card in your name, not a debit card, to pay. If you pay via debit, you have to pass a credit check, and they charge a deposit. Budget seems to be similar, so that would've been on her receipt. It appears she paid for the rental through Priceline, so she would've had to provide all that info to Priceline in the first place, so it's all easily accessible.

I have not seen a pic of her with the watch on. Anyone? When she did her backside interview she was wearing long sleeves.
I asked the same thing earlier. The way she keeps volunteering the watch...makes me wonder if she knows the data on the watch would be misleading. Hoping LE has seen the surveillance footage (if there is any) from the Play It Again Sports area and confirm whether she was there and whether there was a watch on her wrist in the clips.

BBM

I think the interview with her back to the camera was on Friday. It was definitely after LH arrived and was "living at the house." MSM said LH arrived Tues night.

Yes, I believe you are quite correct @NCWatcher. Her interview was the Friday.
I was referring to her questioning by LE being on the Tuesday. I will edit my post to read more clearly. Thanks for that! :)

ETA: I'm unable to rectify my original post :(
I just hope it becomes clear that I meant her questioning by LE was, I believe, on Tuesday and the backside interview was on Friday. Sorry!

Last edited:
Watching the footage of Gannon in the front yard playing with his sister on Sunday, he was moving quickly and easily, bending over without a second thought, over and over. The next day his steps seem sluggish, and when something drops from the car or from his hands, I cannot tell which, he doesn’t even attempt to bend over. If my son dropped his “electronics”, he would be panicked and pick it up immediately to check for cracks or damage. No hesitation.

To me, it seems Gannon is in pain or off balance, and simply waits for LS to grab it-she seems to just pick it up and toss it back in the truck. I assumed it was a water bottle that fell from the door or floor of the truck as he opened it. She claims it was his electronics-either way, his movements were odd and ominous. Now given what she asked the nurse’s line about “how much is too much”, my worries are even bigger.

IMO.

Last edited:
Exactly. @MassGuy posted last night that he contacted a friend who is a manager of a car rental agency. This person basically said the 955 miles was a nothing burger.

I know it is easy to miss posts as the thread moved fast. It is unrealistic to believe that T drove 955 miles.
No offense, but MassGuy also said he had it on good authority that the $118 was the total and then Leigh released the rest of the receipt showing the total was above $200. Many people here have pointed out that rental car companies have streamlined their pickup/drop off practices to include a step where the customer & rental car agent both have to check the mileage and damage to the car and sign off on it. Since we know she drove 300+ miles for the tank to be empty, I consider it a fatal error to dismiss the 955 until we know for sure.

Am I the only one who finds it weird that he Gannon injured his foot enough for blood to shed, and yet he went hiking with the injury the next day? Smh

Everything about this case is weird, the foot injury then hiking, IBS then driving him all over creation for 4 hours, the need for a rental car, the key to the gate, the Cousin It interview and others giving conflicting details each time, the phone(s) and watch, etc.

With little to add to ‘crazy is as crazy does’ my mind gets silly. I’m ready for a third cup of coffee. I remain just as confused as I was when I woke up. This thing we call ‘sleep’ is producing serious FOMO issues for me. Rip Van Winkle has nothing on us at WS.

Everybody probably knows by now, that in T-Land, there is always the germ of truth. TS puts layer upon layer of fantasy over it. We’ll never know the real truth from her as she:

Presplains in Vain. Explains she’s Sane. Gives with 1/2 a Brain. We take with 1/2 a Grain. Entertains the Main. Complains she’s off the Chain. She Contains the Stains as she Maintains her Lanes. She Feigns her Pain. Expects $s to Rain. So she can Drain for financial Gain. She Remains Insane. LE will Ascertain. She’s Inhumane! Are we sure she’s not on ‘windowpane’?

love love love your post

I have not seen a pic of her with the watch on. Anyone? When she did her backside interview she was wearing long sleeves.

That's not odd because it's cold in Colorado, right? I don't think I've seen her sleeveless. Surely they did an examination to check for defensive physical marks at some point. I didn't realize it before, but your post made my heart sink a bit. I hope they checked her when Gannon was reported missing.

So extrapolating that the rental car may have been used for secondary relocation, I can take solace in the thought that a side benefit of that would have been contact with cadaverine. I mean of course we don't KNOW, but if it went that way, that would sure be helpful to investigators, no?

Exactly. @MassGuy posted last night that he contacted a friend who is a manager of a car rental agency. This person basically said the 955 miles was a nothing burger.

I know it is easy to miss posts as the thread moved fast. It is unrealistic to believe that T drove 955 miles.

That’s somewhat disappointing. I mean, why have odometer in/out info on the receipt at all then?

BBM

I think the interview with her back to the camera was on Friday. It was definitely after LH arrived and was "living at the house." MSM said LH arrived Tues night.
Correct.

"Tecia Stauch stood with her back to the camera while speaking with CBS 11 on Friday afternoon, in connection with her missing stepson, Gannon Stauch. She was insistent that she would never harm the child, who vanished while under her care." Gannon Stauch: Stepmother speaks out, says her rights were violated after little boy, 11, mysteriously disappears while in her care

Gannon disappeared on Monday.
Rental car rented Tuesday morning.
By the time she gave this interview on Friday, the death threats, the police threatening to shoot her, the being displaced from her home because of LH... all that had already allegedly taken place, sometime between Tuesday and Friday morning.

ETA: corrected date/time (fingers were working faster than my brain, sorry)

Last edited:
As far as the rental car agreement, I agree that the drop-off location appears to be the same as the pickup. In addition to that trailing "s" which is in exactly the same place as in the pickup block, the top of the black box is also slightly pixellated, and if you zoom in it's clear that all the pixelly bits line up precisely with the tops of the letters in the top line of the pickup address. As far as the mileage, *if* it's correct, it's also possible that although she was the named renter of the car, it may *not* necessarily have been she who did all the driving. Probably not kosher per the terms of the rental agreement, but certainly not impossible. Just a thought!

So extrapolating that the rental car may have been used for secondary relocation, I can take solace in the thought that a side benefit of that would have been contact with cadaverine. I mean of course we don't KNOW, but if it went that way, that would sure be helpful to investigators, no?
Yes. Hoping we are the only ones having to speculate and investigators already know whether dogs flagged on a cadaver in the truck or rental car (or both) and that they already know where that rental car went, whether it was just the 300 miles or the full 955. Still, I’d kinda like to know too.;)

Correct.

"Tecia Stauch stood with her back to the camera while speaking with CBS 11 on Friday afternoon, in connection with her missing stepson, Gannon Stauch. She was insistent that she would never harm the child, who vanished while under her care." Gannon Stauch: Stepmother speaks out, says her rights were violated after little boy, 11, mysteriously disappears while in her care

Gannon disappeared on Monday.
Rental car returned Tuesday afternoon.
By the time she gave this interview on Friday, the death threats, the police threatening to shoot her, the being displaced from her home because of LH... all that had already allegedly taken place, sometime between Tuesday and Friday morning.
That’s how I saw it too. Between Tuesday and Friday.

This is a very minor point but it bugs me. Who takes a child in the throes of an IBS episode to Burger King. The worst thing he could eat. Not that it would matter to her. He "may" have been suffering a bad bout but a hard blow to the stomach is where my mind goes. Speaking to the night before Gannon disappeared.
My husband suffers from IBS but it is anxiety induced IBS from his PTSD. Makes me wonder if Gannon's IBS is anxiety induced. Children seem to always show mental or physical abuse in different ways. Maybe this was Gannon's way :(:( JMO JMO

If the potential jury pool gets "tainted" which I doubt it would because El Paso County is so big. But they could move the case to Denver. People have short attention spans and Denver is huge and growing every day. However, I still think the case will remain in El Paso County.

I would have thought it would be hard to seat a jury for Patrick Frazee in Teller County with its tiny population but, as far as I know, the defense didn't raise an objection. I think the whole change of venue thing is a remote concern. *IANAL*

Everything about this case is weird, the foot injury then hiking, IBS then driving him all over creation for 4 hours, the need for a rental car, the key to the gate, the Cousin It interview and others giving conflicting details each time, the phone(s) and watch, etc.

I agree with all of this. I know it seems like such a small detail but i cannot get over the fact that she can say he was so sick with IBS and had issues with his stomach then took him to Burger King for dinner. It seems almost mean to feed him that kind of food knowing it’ll make him feel bad. I’m probably reading way too much into that but it doesn’t sit well with me.

No offense, but MassGuy also said he had it on good authority that the $118 was the total and then Leigh released the rest of the receipt showing the total was above $200. Many people here have pointed out that rental car companies have streamlined their pickup/drop off practices to include a step where the customer & rental car agent both have to check the mileage and damage to the car and sign off on it. Since we know she drove 300+ miles for the tank to be empty, I consider it a fatal error to dismiss the 955 until we know for sure.

Maybe someone could call and ask the company what the 955 means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme