Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God someone can say this more clearly than I tried to. As I mentioned, it’s not sound practice to eliminate possible evidence until you have a confirmed reason to do so. Nobody is arguing that 955 isn’t a hard-to-believe number. Yet plenty of people have chimed in with much less pressing reasons they have driven 900 miles in a 24 hour period. So until we can rule it out factually, I say a crazy number might be the exact red flag we are looking for. Because under normal circumstances, after your stepson goes missing, you don’t rent and drive a rental car for 300+ miles and especially not 900. So we should definitely be seeing this as something important to hone in on.
I dunno. I thought you said it pretty well Doc. But I agree that 955 seems crazy like it COULD be a mistake. We all see that. Just what if it’s not, right?

I'm so far behind on these threads, this may have already been noticed. But it looks to me like that rental car had a Texas license plate on it. I believe the first two letters of the license plate number shown on the rental agreement indicate that it's from Texas because the Texas license plate format is three letters and four numbers. IMO the next three letters after the TX are the beginning of the license plate number. Not sure that it means much, as rental car companies generally have cars with plates from all over. When I rent in Washington state I often get a car from Enterprise with Illinois plates on it, for some reason.
If it's all one huge company, probably cars that are dropped off far from where they are rented are just adjusted on the books. And re-rented from the place they ended up at. Of course they still charge an arm and a leg to drop it off in a different place than it was rented.

Wait.....
What if he isn't far from home at all.
She is a control freak. She has controlled the narrative from day one. She believes she is controlling this and what better way then to have him close to home, and "control" LE by letting them think he was with her when she was out for four hours
She has said certain things are "cleared'
So, what if she dumped Gannon before she went and did the rest of the stuff in the four hours thinking she could use that as the alibi.

She has verbally leaked so much She mentioned the word "chase" multiple times. Maybe she is leaking about the chase she is sending LE and the public on.
I swear it's right in front of us and she has told us, but we haven't connected it yet.

I believe he is close to home. Dead or alive (Jesus I hate typing that, and there goes tears) but I believe he’s close.. JMO

Last year I drove 600 miles round trip, went to a show and ate a sit down meal, all in less than 24 hours.
She could have driven that 955 miles in the timeframe we have. But, she would have needed to stop for gas unless she pulled a Jody Arias.

IMO. We should not discount the mileage. I agree that it seems unrealistic.

100% agree. LE should be able to easily find out the actual mileage, how old the vehicle is, how long it's been in service and I'm sure they did.
Regardless of a clerk's scribner's error they (the owners) have to be keeping accurate records as their business is predicated on keeping the cars running and all cars need maintenance at certain mileage intervals.

Last year I drove 600 miles round trip, went to a show and ate a sit down meal, all in less than 24 hours.
She could have driven that 955 miles in the timeframe we have. But, she would have needed to stop for gas unless she pulled a Jody Arias.
What is the Jody Arias mention? Not familiar. Are you saying she could’ve filled up a gas tank before she left and had it with her?

100% agree. LE should be able to easily find out the actual mileage, how old the vehicle is, how long it's been in service and I'm sure they did.
Regardless of a clerk's scribner's error they (the owners) have to be keeping accurate records as their business is predicated on keeping the cars running and all cars need maintenance at certain mileage intervals.
Yep. It’s part of what keeps workers honest too. Maybe fifteen years back, I knew someone who worked for a local Enterprise and they said employees had taken rental cars out to drive themselves and friends on road trips without logging it. This is part of the reason they track mileage even in unlimited mileage contracts because they want to know who is taking cars out and when they need to have oil changed etc.

IMO...Most believe she would not have enough unaccounted for time to accrue this mileage.

I am not 100% certain she was the only driver and how do we know for certain she dropped it off herself? She could have gone back to the airport at any time to retrieve her personal car.

Her rental reasoning is BS, I would be driving around in the Big Red Truck so my missing child recognized it.

Yep - JA had a gas can in the car to fill up so she didn't need to stop to get gas.
That is a lot of forethought. But she did have a whole night to think it through. Hoping she didn’t plot that well and used a credit card or shows up on surveillance wherever she drove in that 300-955 possible miles. Or that cameras or bystanders saw her en route somewhere.

MOO It's hard for me to believe a rental with 5 miles on it and stating 955 +- miles on it upon return is an error in mileage.

Now, if the entire thing is fudged in some way, then yeah, maybe so. But to misconstrue a brand new vehicle mileage is highly unlikely.

MOO

I've seen a photo on-line of an LE/MCL tech taking a photograph of a house front that is across the street from the Stauch house, possibly as an evidence piece to establish the location of a neighbor's surveillance camera from which LE may have obtained relevant video recording(s).

I know the angle of the photo the tech was taking because behind him in the background was an MCL van parked on the Stauch house side of the street, and on the other side of the street across from the van was the crashed-in-front vehicle parked along the curb (this vehicle can be seen in RD's surveillance video).

I've been trying to locate the photo of that scene but so far, no luck. I didn't realize the content of the photo when I saw it early today but then realized what is was after I recalled the crashed-in-front vehicle in the background. By that time I had already closed that browser tab and have not yet been able to find that website. Still looking....

MOO

IMO...Most believe she would not have enough unaccounted for time to accrue this mileage.

I am not 100% certain she was the only driver and how do we know for certain she dropped it off herself? She could have gone back to the airport at any time to retrieve her personal car.

Her rental reasoning is BS, I would be driving around in the Big Red Truck so my missing child recognized it.
Agreed. Her reason is BS and agreed there could be another driver.

Curious as to why you think she wouldn’t have time? I’ve been trying to piece together her movements and it seems to me that she wasn’t under much suspicion at this point because they thought G ran away. She volunteered she didn’t stay at her house because bio mom arrived. So to me, it seems like she might have said “I am going back to the hotel to crash” and then drove to Kansas and back instead.

MOO

I've seen a photo on-line of an LE/MCL tech taking a photograph of a house front that is across the street from the Stauch house, possibly as an evidence piece to establish the location of a neighbor's surveillance camera from which LE may have obtained relevant video recording(s).

I know the angle of the photo the tech was taking because behind him in the background was an MCL van parked on the Stauch house side of the street, and on the other side of the street across from the van was the crashed-in-front vehicle parked along the curb (this vehicle can be seen in RD's surveillance video).

I've been trying to locate the photo of that scene but so far, no luck. I didn't realize the content of the photo when I saw it early today but then realized what is was after I recalled the crashed-in-front vehicle in the background. By that time I had already closed that browser tab and have not yet been able to find that website. Still looking....

MOO

I remember this, I will help you search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members