Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Addressing her possibly going north to Denver. Nope. I highly doubt that.

There is major major major major road construction going on from the Springs (El Paso) area (just north of the AF Academy - 15min) up to Castle Rock (widening I25), called the GAP project. Most in CO should know about this, as 25 is a major highway going from Mexico to Canada. The area is a major mess and slow as hell. You will sit in traffic - no matter time of day.

There are backroads to get around that - but then that would take even longer. There are no mountain/plains roads that go directly into Denver. No frontage roads that are continuous alongside 25.

Like I said before - IF she wanted to get rid of his body :( - going North towards Denver is not a possibility..............IMO of course. South, East...maybe West into the mountains.
I agree about heading north being unlikely, especially on 1-25 as it is rapidly becoming a pretty populated and busy corridor.

I used to be local and can tell you there are also a lot of open space possibilities very close to Lorson Ranch. I think she even could have ventured a short ways onto many of various nearby rural private properties via backroad (those are mostly south and east of LR). There's a smaller reservoir very nearby (Johnson) and a private school on a lot of prairie acreage adjacent to public roads also. Hopefully they've already searched a lot of it but some of the private properties might have taken longer for searchers to access than the public open spaces.

BBM
"I got" I have questions about this too. She got what? It's like she started saying, caught herself, and switched gears fast. What did she have? What did she ALMOST say?
I think she was going to say she got scared or something like that. She is just trying to justify her actions by saying she was so frightened by them because she didn't know they were LE and she is a victim.

She makes every effort to show how much her rights were violated. She asked several times for a lawyer but they wouldn't allow her one, she was mistreated, etc.

Almost as if she was trying to set everything up for her defense should she be accused or charged with something.

Imo

Last edited:
BBM
"I got" I have questions about this too. She got what? It's like she started saying, caught herself, and switched gears fast. What did she have? What did she ALMOST say?
Hmmm.
Worried about what possible evidence there was at the home or in one or more vehicles ??
Starting to sweat, step mom ?

AS & TS have only lived there for around a year I think. She can't know that many hidy holes in that amount of time. I wonder if there are any places they have been on vacation or went to with the family nearby.

*THIS* - one year in a new place isn't a long time to develop familiarity to do anything nefarious in broad daylight. I am sure AS and others are offering insight on where they spent their time outdoors. I also agree that heading east into the plains and wide open spaces seems unlikely. With the contents of the neighbor's video already in MSM, I am curious why LE hasn't made a plea for anyone who recalls seeing her or the truck on Monday from 10-2 to share that info.

I wish the media would file a FOIA request and get the 911 call!
I want to hear it and I want to know who reported him missing first! The neighbor or SM
During the press conference on Tuesday, Sergeant Deborah Mynatt, answering a question from a reporter, “Are you still saying that [Gannon] went missing between 3 and 4 o’clock [on Monday, January 27th],” stated, “That was the only information related to us, and therefore, the first day that the reporting party called in, that was indicated to us. That was the bit of information we had to work with, there were some other factors and information obtained during that call. We type-coded him as a runaway because of information we received.”

Immediately following this exchange (it starts at around 12:40), another reporter asks, “And that was reported by the stepmother, correct?,” to which Sergeant Mynatt answers, “Yes.”

Last edited:
Did TS ever say, during that trainwreck of an interview, exactly who "kicked her out of the house" without even her knickers? Could LE have told her to stay out/away from AS & LH?

I'm also burning with curiosity about her current whereabouts. Aren't her family still in SC?
She didn't say but I bet there was no way she was going to spend a minute in that house as long as Gannon's mother was there.

Imo

This is classic from her... 'wasn't his fault'
and the
'2 nice detectives'
She fancies her chances there, I bet...
What an operator..
Wonder what strategies she used and whether she flirted with them..
She appears to totally
lack all insight into the seriousness of a missing child, this thin little child in just a tiny t-shirt and a light fleece..
I noticed him in the daughter's video about a hike.. offside on his own, expected to manage the trail, so few clothes.. so hard to imagine he was hugged and loved , he reminded me of a little bird with a broken wing, unloved and superfluous to this drama family his father had married..
he was there, included, but superfluous at the same time.
I saw no verifiable evidence that anyone ever showed him love or kindness...just talk..
Was his living unloved as his possible passing?
Why do some children have loveless lives?
When a 'like' is not enough. ^^^

Beautifully stated, @kittythehare !
So sad .

Going back to LS's interview, I think words tell a lot about us. I think we all have our own way of expressing what's inside of us.

" I didn't know it was a law enforcement officer because when he came out, I guess he was putting his jacket on and it wasn't necessarily his fault, he was adjusting and he happened to catch me, but I saw the gun and I panicked originally and kinda thought oh gosh ,I got...whose this guy and then once I realized it was the sheriffs office I was totally okay but they still had a gun and told me they were gonna shoot me...

The LS tells us that she "panicked originally".... and used words like "happen to catch me"....

What did she do to cause the deputy to pull his weapon?
I also felt like she started to say something like “I gotta run away” or something to that effect when she caught herself. Guilty conscience much?

I think I read somewhere they (TS, AS, GS) had only lived in CO for about a year? Does anyone know if that is true? Wondering how much she knew then about mountain areas, etc. I have seen articles and YouTube videos of her/them hiking at GOTG (touristy) and trying to do the Incline (but it was closed, so they went on Barr Trail) (again, very well known). So not like some of the more difficult, lesser known, but gorgeous hikes (and probably because they had littles with them). In the YT video, they are commenting on the air being thin. It doesn't seem like they are taking more difficult hiking trails.

Also, does anyone know for sure there was a shovel? In our terrain, there are 1000000000000+ places to do something like what is being discussed with no shovel needed. At all. Steep cliffs. Again, unless she wasn't really familiar with any of these places.
So being they're new, I would think she went somewhere she knew already (touristy? Or more towards the airport since she takes AS there from time to time). Towards Manitou Springs, maybe Cheyenne Mountain area, Seven Falls, maybe as far as Canon City? There are so many places but I'd just think wherever she went, she's been there or by there before.

So I grew up in Colorado and putting myself in her place, I feel strongly she went into the mountains or stayed local. The east is so so flat and exposed. No trees. You can see for as long as possible and not many cars on the road. People notice you. Would she feel comfortable doing whatever she did to him just out in the open? Burying him or trying to sink him? I don't feel like she would. Not during the day at least. If she went directly west into the mountains she would have cover and be isolated and we know how hard it is to find a body in the mountains not on a trail...think of Serenity Dennard. My guess is she took 24 and found somewhere she could park out of sight. There are also reservoirs off 24 within 1 hr of her house (north and south Catamount, Crystal Creek).
I think LE will have a better idea if they can physically have access to her phone. Since she hasn’t lived in CO very long, she might’ve searched areas out on her phone. Otherwise, she left him someplace that she is familiar with or has been to before.

MOO

Addressing her possibly going north to Denver. Nope. I highly doubt that.

Like I said before - IF she wanted to get rid of his body :( - going North towards Denver is not a possibility..............IMO of course. South, East...maybe West into the mountains.

I know there are other comments that tail from this down the thread.

Seems like we all agree that North (towards Denver) doesn't seem like a realistic option - for a myriad of reasons.

I still have this gut feeling about East, but the West makes a ton of sense, especially if they hiked often. She would know that area, but I can't imagine burying there unless there was help.

Someone mentioned they were doing searches East. Does that poster have a link for that? I think my hunch takes me that way because 1) I would assume it's an area where you can turn off of a highway and be alone. 2) I would also assume that the ground is softer, rather than in the mountains.

I could be way off. You know what assuming makes me...

Which would explain always turning left when leaving from the home (i.e. parked along curb E/NE & then backing in driveway first to head W/SW).
Turning right out of the driveway would only leave one going in circles.
Yes. And I think said entrance road is basically across the street from security cam neighbor.

On the theory that she was taking him to urgent care and something went wrong on the way... I don't understand loading the car up with bags and stuff if they're just headed to the doctor.

I agree. There seem to be only a few possible theories:

1) He was sick, she put him the car (without letting Dad kn0w how sick he was); he dies in the car; instead of going to a hospital or administering CPR, she dumps his body somewhere.

2) She put him in the car in order to take him somewhere to disappear him, either A) by killing him and disposing the body; or B) by abandoning him in the middle of nowhere, with the intent of claiming he ran away (if he's ever found).

She comes across in the interview as an angry, bitter woman who has rehearsed saying things like "I loved that kid" but is mainly concerned with establishing an alibi and proving that Gannon came home from GoG. Now that we've all seen the video, it's clear he came home from GoG. She was prepared for different lines of questioning, is my point.

If she was poisoning him, if she had physically abused him...she had reasons to want to hide that, for sure.

Just because the case is fresh in my mind I keep thinking of Lucas Hernandez's stepmom who was in a similar situation. They kept arresting her and then releasing her because it seemed like they couldn't make anything stick, despite the 7 documented CPS incidents with her. Maybe they're waiting for something way more substantial?

OT but wanted to address this because I saw it mentioned a couple of times. Emily was only arrested twice. Once for child endangerment (unrelated to Lucas; she received a trial and was found not guilty) and then again the night Lucas was found (for obstruction of justice and interfering with a law enforcement officer). LE and the DA did what they could and I would hate for anyone to get the impression that they kept arresting her over and over again because they "couldn't make anything stick" as that's simply not true. They were still building their case when she committed suicide.

I believe Gannon's case is similar in that they have to have a strong case before an arrest is made because the clock starts ticking at that point (as someone upthread mentioned). We just have to hope that the evidence is there to support an arrest AND a conviction.

Last edited:
Hmmm.
Worried about what possible evidence there was at the home or in one or more vehicles ??
Starting to sweat, step mom ?
Doubt it Liet.
For that one needs insight, she just rolls with it... I thought she was very close to a breakdown during that interview but I was dead wrong..
She toddles off to fix it via social media and a heap of relatives...
The audience is the thing she craves.. she'll talk forever, probably get early release if she is ever imprisoned for anything- they'll be wanting their prison back.
I really believe she is in full blown 'nothin'-to-do-with-me' mode.
It didn't happen.
This goes beyond denial..
This is supreme denial.
She's blocked it out.
She forgets.
She can possibly maintain that mode forever.
She will NEVER EVER say.
I suggest we waste no more time on her.

Going back to LS's interview, I think words tell a lot about us. I think we all have our own way of expressing what's inside of us.

" I didn't know it was a law enforcement officer because when he came out, I guess he was putting his jacket on and it wasn't necessarily his fault, he was adjusting and he happened to catch me, but I saw the gun and I panicked originally and kinda thought oh gosh ,I got...whose this guy and then once I realized it was the sheriffs office I was totally okay but they still had a gun and told me they were gonna shoot me...

The LS tells us that she "panicked originally".... and used words like "happen to catch me"....

What did she do to cause the deputy to pull his weapon?
BINGO

Ive had trouble keeping up, but what location would fit with her story that he left for a friend's house and didn't return? Do you think there is a chance she would have left him close to home and the 4 hours she was away involved other business as well?

Motive....

People ALWAYS have a reason.

I think we can safely cross off running away. So GANNON had no motive. (Bless is precious heart. That video of him gaming, what a happy kid!)

That leaves us with somebody else did something. We have a pretty good idea who the somebody is. Let's look at something. I want to know WHY.

Accidental.

Intentional.

Was it personal or was Gannon merely a means toward an ends for her? Healthy, sick, all the social media rumors aside, we are fairly confident he was healthy enough to hike on Sunday, alive and well. Last seen, we believe about 10:15 Monday morning. Alive. Those details seem pretty solid.

Did she disappear him in an attempt to create a drama which would bring, she could've imagined, her husband CLOSER to her? I think it's worth noting that in the short term, it did work. He came right home. (Didn't work out right away after that, but if that was her goal, she reached it for a minute. )

Was it personal? Just didn't want to take care of THREE children anymore? Eliminated ons. As a motive this doesn't resonate.

Was it self-preservation? As many of you have theorized, was it to cover up something else? An accident? A punishment (gone too far)? an assault? The obvious question, was Gannon INJURED as he walked to the truck at 10:15 that morning? Was she afraid he'd TALK? If so, what would she have been afraid he'd say?

What happened that day? At 10:15. And when did it START?

MY question is where did the premeditation begin? Was any of this on her radar prior to Sunday/Monday?

I can't read her in the interview. Overly defensive, underly empathetic. Off. It's just not the interview you'd EXPECT.... so why? Interviews poorly, could be. Innocent and indignant, could be. Just doesn't SEEM to be.

I'm trying to figure out JUST HOW LONG a person had, to put together a disposal plan. Weeks? Days? A day? Hours? Before or after 10:15?

When TS got in the truck at 10:15, did she know exactly where she was going?

Just my opinions and questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member