Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally dont think she was kicked out,I'm sensing more of a hissy fit over LH staying with them,maybe an ultimatum was delivered and she didnt get the answer she wanted?.
IMO any differences,beefs,whatever should be left at the door,its not about any of them or their egos,its about Gannon,and having his mum waiting for him in his home,all of them coming together proving that the children are the most important people,over and above the parents feelings or pettiness could be the one and only thing that may bring Gannon home if he left of his own accord (I dont believe for a second that's what happened!!). IMO
Yes hissy fit, not kicked out.

She has said a lot of things. Some of which were bold faced lies. I tend to agree with those who suspect she likely just threw a fit & took her kid and stormed out, when LH was invited to the home to stay while Gannon is missing and the search is on for him. Or it's also possible she threw a fit and then was asked to leave. I really don't believe her own husband kicked her out of her own house - unless - he suspected she was responsible for Gannon's disappearance before he ever saw the neighbor's video.

JMO
He had every right to blame her , she was the child's caretaker in his absence, and as well as that he knows her well..

Whether she was kicked out or left in a hissy fit, it is VERY telling that she has not been involved with the family in appearances. Even in the Kyron Horman case, Terri was standing up there with the bio mom every time they had a news conference.
And Jacqueline Kirby made a point especially to save "these are Gannon s parents" and pointed to LH and AS

Last edited:
Is there anyone who is familiar with LE 'normal protocol' for missing children? Assume it varies by locality/jurisdiction...
For example, report submitted, SOP is to alert XYZ agencies, instigate checks of X places, etc. Just wondering as I have no idea how LE works in these situations. I understand they cannot spell out exactly what they're doing and why, no one wants them to tip their hand, alert a suspect, etc.

These are "recommendations", so can't guarantee what happens in individual jurisdictions. Also, I'm not reading all 222 pages immediately. :) Someone might find it useful though.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/abch.pdf

Addressing her possibly going north to Denver. Nope. I highly doubt that.

There is major major major major road construction going on from the Springs (El Paso) area (just north of the AF Academy - 15min) up to Castle Rock (widening I25), called the GAP project. Most in CO should know about this, as 25 is a major highway going from Mexico to Canada. The area is a major mess and slow as hell. You will sit in traffic - no matter time of day.

There are backroads to get around that - but then that would take even longer. There are no mountain/plains roads that go directly into Denver. No frontage roads that are continuous alongside 25.

Like I said before - IF she wanted to get rid of his body :( - going North towards Denver is not a possibility..............IMO of course. South, East...maybe West into the mountains.
Yep. As if Monument Hill wasn't already a PITA.

Addressing her possibly going north to Denver. Nope. I highly doubt that.

There is major major major major road construction going on from the Springs (El Paso) area (just north of the AF Academy - 15min) up to Castle Rock (widening I25), called the GAP project. Most in CO should know about this, as 25 is a major highway going from Mexico to Canada. The area is a major mess and slow as hell. You will sit in traffic - no matter time of day.

There are backroads to get around that - but then that would take even longer. There are no mountain/plains roads that go directly into Denver. No frontage roads that are continuous alongside 25.

Like I said before - IF she wanted to get rid of his body :( - going North towards Denver is not a possibility..............IMO of course. South, East...maybe West into the mountains.
Good to know! I don’t drive past Larkspur much and didn’t know about the Gap project. With all the eqpt they’re using to tear up I-70 in Denver kind of surprised there’s any left.

I totally agree!
I don't really think she wasn't allowed there without valid reason,as she makes it sound. So what would be reasons that she wouldn't be allowed there? We already know she wasn't forthcoming about where,and when Gannon was last seen. So I bet she hasn't been forthcoming about that either.
MOO

View attachment 230282
@mustloveco did this map - I wonder if we draw a circle around their home and estimate a one hour drive (assuming she spent 2 hours doing something - could that be where GS is? I know we did this with Lizzie and we were fairly accurate IIRC

I also did another one which included a stop on Las Vegas (if that’s where she disposed of him
I think you're right. I think the last place she would go is North. The 25 is a darn mess. And has been the last couple years. IMO even West is a little iffy, there are a lot of camera's on the roads from the Springs towards Wooland Park. That's assuming she was smart enough to think about the cameras on her drive. I think East or South would be more likely, IF she was taking a route with the least camera exposure.

Edit. @PrayingForMissing beat me to it! lol

I agree, except I think it would be easier to dump a body down a steep, cold mountain side than to bury on the Eastern plains. There are many less cameras out east, though.

I wonder how many searches the EPC jail has gotten for Stauch over the past week...
Hahaha I am guilty of adding to a few of the searches!

Yes hissy fit, not kicked out.
This was my thought as well. IMO, I think AS was asking TS questions, like anybody would in this situation and she got all defensive, which in turn cause more questions to be asked. At that point I think LH got there and was also just trying to figure out what was going on. TS got overly mad because AS didn't blindly believe her and she got mad, stormed out thinking AS would come chasing after her. But the problem she didn't think about is all they care about is finding GS. Not the drama and theatrics that I could see TS trying to play.

MOO

Yeah, he is. MOO

As far as Texas Equusearch, I'm not sure if LE asks for Tim's assistance, if he offers or maybe both. I can almost bet Tim's been watching this VERY closely and has his plane gassed up and ready to go. JMO

EBM... missed a word
Tim is currently in Florida helping on another case - although I’m sure they can have a crew in more than once place at a time.

Additionally, IIRC, they have to be invited by the LE agency in charge of the investigation.

No. It was 70 degrees last weekend. We have some cold weather this week, but the ground and lakes aren't frozen.

ETA Colorado weather is different than people think. It snows, but then the sun comes out and it warms up usually to the high 40's and 50's. IIRC on the Monday this supposedly happened, it was around 45 degrees.
No. It was 70 degrees last weekend. We have some cold weather this week, but the ground and lakes aren't frozen.

ETA Colorado weather is different than people think. It snows, but then the sun comes out and it warms up usually to the high 40's and 50's. IIRC on the Monday this supposedly happened, it was around 45 degrees.
Shush. Quit telling people that! It’s a secret.

Don’t listen to Sunflower. It’s snowy and frigid here for 5 months straight just like you think. We never see the Sun. Miserable weather, just miserable. Like Chicago, only worse.

Maybe, maybe not. I’m in Idaho, and we’ve had a warmish winter. I looked up the weather for that Monday and the high was 48 degrees, so it’s possible that the ground wasn’t terrible to dig in. Not easy, but not frozen solid.
Colorado dirt is ALWAYS a pain to dig in, as it is mostly clay and hard as a rock. It was really warm on Sunday the 2nd and now it's freezing.

We had a cat pass away one year in February. We chose to put him in the ground of our backyard and my poor husband was back there digging for an eternity. He's a big guy and no stranger to manual labor and it was really difficult. Frozen ground IS a thing out here and in February you're going to have a hard time. The day Gannon went missing (well the Sunday before, so the day they went on a hike), I took my kids to the playground and was playing with the wood chips under the swings (my OCD likes having the wood chips all level under those swings!). Anyway, as nice as it was, I moved enough of the wood chips to find a layer of ice still there from our last snow which was weeks prior. While there may not be fresh snow, the spots that don't get a lot of sunlight will remain frozen.

Exactly. And I do remember some snow Monday night, at least here at my house.
That's another thing about the Springs. Different elevations. You often hear on the weather reports, "West of 25, this many inches of snow. Out east, this many." So some of us get pummeled, others get nothing. Our house did get snow on the Monday he was reported missing, though, if I remember correctly. But not a lot.

As for bodies of water being frozen, we were up at RMNP recently and were able to walk all over Bear Lake as it was frozen solid. That is a higher elevation than Springs, though. We have had some warm weather like almost 70 last weekend, and then dips back down below zero Tuesday night. I think at the most, maybe a thin layer might be frozen? Idk? I know our ground isn't frozen.

This young man is tugging at my heart I feel for the parents and the siblings of Gannon . The more I read about Gannon the more I see what a special young man he is and all he’s overcome . He was born a premie at just over 1 pound he fought from that day on have seen pictures of him so happy so funny so loved. He’s such a fighter I pray he’s alive but we all know seeing csi and dan May there it’s not going to be good. I just hope he’s found hoping maybe there may be something in ls heart for the dad or Gannon or siblings that she just says something. Just moo moo

Shush. Quit telling people that! It’s a secret.

Don’t listen to Sunflower. It’s snowy and frigid here for 5 months straight just like you think. We never see the Sun. Miserable weather, just miserable. Like Chicago, only worse.
Ha! Yes. Buried in snow and it's ALL MOUNTAINS. We all live in mountain cabins and nowhere near civilization. Howdy, y'all. Welcome to the mountain ranch. Put on your skis, it's time to go to school/work.

Colorado dirt is ALWAYS a pain to dig in, as it is mostly clay and hard as a rock. It was really warm on Sunday the 2nd and now it's freezing.

We had a cat pass away one year in February. We chose to put him in the ground of our backyard and my poor husband was back there digging for an eternity. He's a big guy and no stranger to manual labor and it was really difficult. Frozen ground IS a thing out here and in February you're going to have a hard time. The day Gannon went missing (well the Sunday before, so the day they went on a hike), I took my kids to the playground and was playing with the wood chips under the swings (my OCD likes having the wood chips all level under those swings!). Anyway, as nice as it was, I moved enough of the wood chips to find a layer of ice still there from our last snow which was weeks prior. While there may not be fresh snow, the spots that don't get a lot of sunlight will remain frozen.
Yep, we do have about half of our backyard that is covered in snow. It is always covered in snow for most of the winter/spring. The sun doesn't really reach it. But the areas that the sun hits, melted and normal.

I imagine the lakes and rivers are all froze over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie