Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that GS had something wrong internally, appendicitis, strangulated hernia, that got progressively worse overnight into Monday morning. I think TS finally responded to it, albeit, to late, and put him in the back seat of the truck to take him to the hospital or urgent care. He didn't live. I think she panicked and decided to get rid of his body and concoct a cover story. Thinking "no body, no blame" and that was better than his body in an ER with a diagnosis of neglect of a serious medical condition. It may be working because there is still no POI never mind an arrest.

I would check the outside videos of various hospitals and urgent care facilities to see if a red truck pulled up, and then pulled away in that 4 hour time frame.
I could see something like this happening. However, if the child died, and they found bruising on his body or some type of poisoning such as antifreeze they will go for her throat. So if the child died, she'd have to get rid of the body.

Apologies if this has been asked. What exactly is required to be arrested for a missing child? Is the lie LS was caught in, not enough? isn't lying to law enforcement enough?

They prefer to find a body first. Once you arrest someone the clock starts ticking. And that is not in the prosecutions favor. If the accused has not yet lawyered up and shut up, they will do so when arrested.

A good DA will only arrest someone when they have enough to prove their case.

I think it’s been 10 days today.
we know very little about this woman who was allegedly the last to see him...
Did she associate with any groups that may be helping her hide him?
She strode out of that house that morning fast and determined....
I doubt she would have needed help to kill him but she would have to keep him alive...
Did she belong to any unusual organisations anything out of the ordinary?
Social or spiritual or political?.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;, ( cat typed last bit, might be a clue )

Totally O/T but I see Snap Circuits listed there. My 2 yr old step-son has 3 of those sets and he is sort of obsessed with them ;) I don't hold out much hope for sweet Gannon but it does make me feel better knowing he was interested in cool stuff like this. It gives kids important skills and a fantastic sense of satisfaction with each new level they learn.
Oh, that's so cute! I love how kids seem to be getting more interested in this type of stuff. I would love for Gannon to be able to come home and enjoy coding, it's not looking so good though.

How common is it for a DA to visit a potential crime scene? Does anyone remember if Dan May visited Kelsey Berreth’s townhome or the Frazee ranchette?
BTW, I respect this DA so much after seeing how he handled a high profile and horrific case. I hate to see him having to leave the DA’s office at the end of the year.
I just wondered if his visit was a precursor as he is getting prepared to file charges or if it was to be convinced there was enough evidence to file charges.
MOO
Someone here said she asked her husband, who is LE, about that and he said the only reason he could think of was if the DA had a question about something investigators found in the house and he wanted or needed to see it himself.

Imo

Last edited:
At the first press conference held last Thursday, a reporter asked Lt. Mitch Mihalko if it was true that there was a search taking place at a local landfill (the exchange starts at around 8:30). Lt. Mihalko stated, “So at this point in time, what I can tell you is that we have been in contact as part of our normal protocol with local trash companies in the Lorson Ranch area, as well as other areas, and I can tell you that we are not conducting, as an agency, we are not conducting any searches at landfills at this time.”

The press conference took place at 5 PM on Thursday, January 30th. By then, LE knew very well what they were dealing with, IMO. I also remember wondering at the time if they were maybe having another agency, the FBI in particular, search the landfills. It’s a possibility, IMO.

Is there anyone who is familiar with LE 'normal protocol' for missing children? Assume it varies by locality/jurisdiction...
For example, report submitted, SOP is to alert XYZ agencies, instigate checks of X places, etc. Just wondering as I have no idea how LE works in these situations. I understand they cannot spell out exactly what they're doing and why, no one wants them to tip their hand, alert a suspect, etc.

Right at the start of the interview she states that people are questioning why she's not helping at the home. She says the ex wife is there and she was told she couldn't be there. Later on she describes going shopping for clothing, underwear as she wasn't even allowed to go back for it.

Yeah,I know that's what SHE said,and if I were playing the victim that's probably what I would say too,I certainly wouldnt say I left because I wouldnt be there with a missing childs mother,but it doesnt mean that's what actually happened.
I dont trust a word the woman says,I mean she also said Gannon left the house at 3.15 on monday...

Addressing her possibly going north to Denver. Nope. I highly doubt that.

There is major major major major road construction going on from the Springs (El Paso) area (just north of the AF Academy - 15min) up to Castle Rock (widening I25), called the GAP project. Most in CO should know about this, as 25 is a major highway going from Mexico to Canada. The area is a major mess and slow as hell. You will sit in traffic - no matter time of day.

There are backroads to get around that - but then that would take even longer. There are no mountain/plains roads that go directly into Denver. No frontage roads that are continuous alongside 25.

Like I said before - IF she wanted to get rid of his body :( - going North towards Denver is not a possibility..............IMO of course. South, East...maybe West into the mountains.
I was just about to say the same thing. I have spent more time in the Gap than I ever want to think about. A 30 minute drive can easily take you about two hours because of the construction, the constant pretty much daily accidents, etc. If there's an accident, you sit. And you wait. And you wait. I would think going north, at least past Monument into the Gap, would be crazy. Not saying she didn't do it, but if she did, she was really pressing her luck. There is 83, but I don't think she did that. I wouldn't imagine she went north past Larkspur?

South Springs is an easier, safer drive for her where they are situated in the Springs. East also. West is not far and lots of possibilities. I heard they are searching east today, at least that is one of their searches. I am sure there are many. I keep praying for wisdom and guidance for them. There are SO many places she could have gone here that will be close to impossible to find. We have people go missing up at Rocky Mountain (she couldn't have gone there, so not thinking there at all, just an example). They don't find them until months later when there is the thaw. Again, not the case here I don't believe as she wouldn't have had time or honestly the physical fitness (it doesn't seem at least) to do something like that. But there are plenty of places that wouldn't even take much imagination. Again, prayers and guidance and wisdom for our LE.

Addressing her possibly going north to Denver. Nope. I highly doubt that.

There is major major major major road construction going on from the Springs (El Paso) area (just north of the AF Academy - 15min) up to Castle Rock (widening I25), called the GAP project. Most in CO should know about this, as 25 is a major highway going from Mexico to Canada. The area is a major mess and slow as hell. You will sit in traffic - no matter time of day.

There are backroads to get around that - but then that would take even longer. There are no mountain/plains roads that go directly into Denver. No frontage roads that are continuous alongside 25.

Like I said before - IF she wanted to get rid of his body :( - going North towards Denver is not a possibility..............IMO of course. South, East...maybe West into the mountains.

I think you're right. I think the last place she would go is North. The 25 is a darn mess. And has been the last couple years. IMO even West is a little iffy, there are a lot of camera's on the roads from the Springs towards Wooland Park. That's assuming she was smart enough to think about the cameras on her drive. I think East or South would be more likely, IF she was taking a route with the least camera exposure.

Edit. @PrayingForMissing beat me to it! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member