Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF this interview was just this past Tuesday February 4 - then I'm pretty convinced the leak was intentional and LE has not shut him down from doing further interviews IMO. I could be wrong - but I think they don't mind this continued attention he gathers when he grants an interview
JMO

and the update about water ... sigh... I've thought this was a possibility ..IMO
Agreed!

I wouldn't be surprised if the step mother is reading this thread. So many other cases had visitors associated with a case visit WS ... JMO

And what if.....she could also be in all the FB groups..... maybe even for past cases?? Just wondering. MOO as always

One thing jumped out at me in this story that I haven’t seen reported elsewhere. They are asking 2 neighboring countries to search. Not sure if it means in THEIR jurisdictions or what? But seems like news!

In response to requests from the El Paso sheriff’s office, deputies from Fremont and Douglas counties have sent out search and rescue teams to look for Gannon in certain areas based on tips, Mynatt said.

Hi there, I'm a total newbie here. I was one of those lurking visitors who stumbled on this thread while looking for info. I live right down the road from Lorson Ranch in Fountain, I have a 13-year-old boy (I'm his stepmom), and we have full custody. Too many similarities for me to not be interested in this case.
I've talked a lot with my kiddo about the case - partially because the kids at his school (not the same one as GS) are talking about it and are worried, and partially because we stepmoms get a bad rap, and LS certainly is not helping our reputation with her resentment of "that" kid. My kiddo heard her interview and immediately said, "I'd run away, too, if that's how I was treated at home!" I asked if he thought GS ran away, and he said, "If he didn't, she did something, but if he did run away, she's the reason why." Having a kiddo around that age, I agree that the google search doesn't sound like the fragmented searches kids do (they do a kind of keyword search, it seems, not a full question typed out).
We had a search party pass through the easement behind our house last weekend, and we had helicopters out all evening and night last night. I usually walk my dogs really late (10-11pm), and it has been incredibly cold the last couple nights (single digits), so unless GS found reliable shelter or someone is hiding him, I'm afraid that it's looking pretty grim.
I will say, though, that trafficking is a big issue in our area. In the past few weeks, we have had multiple warnings on our Nextdoor neighborhood app about attempted abductions. Most recently (since the beginning of the year), it has been attempted abductions of preteen girls outside playing. At my kiddo's school a couple of years ago, though, two men in a van tried to scoop up a boy as he walked through the parking lot early in the morning. If LS had some unsavory connections, I think it is entirely possible that she had him trafficked.
I hope they find him asap! This is absolutely heartbreaking! I cannot fathom what his parents are going through!

You make sense. I thought about that too :( and it's sad that I hope that this is the case and that he's being held hostage ..... Instead of him .... Being you know ... Not here.....

I have seen that theory of a “handover” in almost every case of missing kids where family is believed involved.

It proved true in only two. In one the mother had alienated her teenage daughters and hid them with a normal couple who believed the tale of abuse (and it was a tale). They were returned to dad and are thriving.

In another the mother allowed her drug dealer to have an “evening” with her five year old to pay off a drug debt. He raped the child in a hotel room and then killed her.

I don’t think anything like that happened here.

As for TS working and did she call out Monday, I remember reading somewhere that she was no longer with the school district? It might have been since November or somewhere around there? Not sure if that is verified though? Now I need to go back and dig around in the threads and find out where I read that....to see if it was verified or not. IMO
When I first read that LS was employed with D49 I looked her up on their website. I did not see her name listed in any of the departments. I’m not sure what that means, if she was a contractor or similar, maybe her name was never listed in the first place.

Why would LE intentionally leak information about important evidence, though?
I would think it would only benefit the suspect.

Does anyone know if they have done this in other cases and for what reason?

Just curious because several people have suggested the leak was intentional.

I know someone said it may have been to scare the stepmother or send her a message but I would think it would make her want to run or at least come up with a story.

Imo

It makes no sense to me for LE to leak the information. IMO, LE will hold the information they have, to get a suspect to lie and be evasive.

Then bring the evidence out as a hammer at the right time, hopefully to get a suspect to break down.

I am really starting to think she didn’t ‘hurt’ him. I think she left him somewhere, most likely drugged up with bendryl, MOO, so he couldn’t get back before the elements got him. It fits her narrative that he ran away. Alternatively, maybe he was supposed to come back or be found, although I think that is less likely.

why she would do this, I can’t speak to, but the video of him leaving alive lends itself to this theory. I have trouble seeing her getting her hands dirty and actively killing him.

poor kid.

For what purpose? If she intended to have him be found or come back she would intend for herself to go to jail. If she intended for him to die, that’s a huge risk leaving him alive.

If she has a violent history then she’s more than capable.

the good thing is - this is Dan May - he got all that electronic data on PF and KK on Kelsey's case - he knows what is needed and I'm confident he is getting everything necessary to try and track where GS it. It's only a matter of time IMO

Yes that is a very good thing that Dan May is involved. First learned about him in the Patrick Frazee case and DA Dan was very impressive. One of the best. I feel better knowing he is involved.

I thought I recognized some of the geographical locations being mentioned here, and it just dawned on me how close this case is to the PF case events.

<modsnip: removed reference to social media rumor re candle>
I do not believe Gannon was ill. I do not believe much of anything LS has said. For those who are running with the poisoned/incapacitated/abused and left for dead theories, ask yourself this: would a woman capable of her tv interview really NOT be capable of killing a child? We plug in softer theories because contemplating the kind of premeditated violence I think she committed is hard on our psyche but I have no doubt she did so. For those who are lamenting the wait, remember that Dylan Redwine was killed before he was even reported missing (as are the majority, I think). It took seven months of searching to find any trace of him in the CO winter (bless those HRD dogs) and multiple years before an arrest was made. BTW, his father is still in prison awaiting trial. Here i see a sonar searching the reservoir in under two weeks and I feel confident we will know what happened to Gannon much more quickly. This LE and community are 100% involved. Gives me hope for justice, if not for Gannon.
((((APPLAUDING)))

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just so put off with him getting into the car alive and well. These things usually happen in the home (sorry I am speculating yes but you know...). So out in public SOMEWHERE, something happened. It seems so sick and twisted.

Exactly. Like things that happen in the home..as awful as they are you can suggest something happened when a temper flared and in the heat of the moment. But this? She's like taking him away from his family home to his destiny. And OMG I hope they find him (and I am thankful for freezing weather in case forensics/toxicology comes into play, etc).

Just like the Kyron Horman case IMO.

If any of you in this forum are out right now searching or you know someone/people that are, thank you all for all you're doing. If I didn't have little ones, I'd volunteer.

It is SO COLD outside.

If you have anyone that's helping with the search that needs anything: food, donuts, coffee. Let me know! I live in Falcon which is only half an hour away.

I however, I CANNOT imagine how this woman thought she could “disappear” her husbands child and get away with it. Did she really believe life would go on like normal? Did She really believe he would return and she wouldn’t be accountable in any way?

If the person is a narcissist, and I think SM certainly is, then yes, they do think they can get away with it and go on with life. They lack empathy, they can't conceive that other people think differently than them or would be smart enough to see through their ridiculous lies. Narcissists think they're smarter than everyone and that everyone would just believe anything comes out of their mouths. Chris Watts was utterly shocked that people didn't believe his stupid story.

Why would LE intentionally leak information about important evidence, though?
I would think it would only benefit the suspect.

Does anyone know if they have done this in other cases and for what reason?

Just curious because several people have suggested the leak was intentional.

I know someone said it may have been to scare the stepmother or send her a message but I would think it would make her want to run or at least give her time to come up with a story.

Imo
Because they Wanted her to know they knew she lied imo

If any of you in this forum are out right now searching or you know someone/people that are, thank you all for all you're doing. If I didn't have little ones, I'd volunteer.

It is SO COLD outside.

If you have anyone that's helping with the search that needs anything: food, donuts, coffee. Let me know! I live in Falcon which is only half an hour away.
Forum Angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member