Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
School locked down because of coyotes? Do the animals have rabies? I grew up in the mountains surrounded by bears, coyotes, lions and now wolves. Coyotes rarely attack people unless they are rabid or injured.

I had a coyote come after me and my 56 pound dog a few months ago. It wasn't injured. Didn't appear sick. It was not at all scared of me even though I ran at it screaming (I turned and it was suddenly in the baseball diamond with us, facing my dog, two feet away, so I charged at it), sprayed it with pepper spray (didn't work well), and banged my dog ball thrower on the baseball fence while yelling "get back!!" and throwing my arms up and sort of acting like I was rushing at it. It just quietly loped over the low fence and then stalked us as we walked the length of it trying to get to safety. I had to face it a second time, kept yelling, backed up as it followed until I was close to some tennis courts where there were people. Then we ran in.

It shocked me because I never thought a lone coyote would try for a dog it's same size. I also thought I could easily scare one off. No and no. Apparently, attacks are on the rise in some suburban areas as they lose fear of humans and begin to associate us with food sources (garbage, roaming pets, pet food and even feeding). I researched after it came at us.

I think a coyote could easily attack an 11 year old child. Chicago coyote bites child, man in 'extremely rare' attack

But I also don't think that's what happened to Gannon at all.

El Paso County Sheriff’s Office utilizes new equipment in search for Gannon Stauch

Feb 6, 2020

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. -- Search crews are utilizing new equipment in the Lorson Ranch area in their attempt to find clues that will lead them to Gannon Stauch.

Stauch disappeared on Jan. 27. His stepmother said she last saw him between 3:15 and 4 p.m. heading to a friend's home in their El Paso County neighborhood.

“Gannon is a vivacious 11-year-old boy,” said Cynthia Coffman, a close friend of the Stauch family.

On Thursday morning, a group of Fort Carson soldiers combed through fields near Fontaine Boulevard. They moved back branches and volunteered their time to search for Stauch.

“For them to be in the cold out looking for a little boy they don’t know – this community has just been phenomenal,” Coffman said.

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office partnered with Colorado Parks and Wildlife to submerge a remotely operated sonar vehicle into undisclosed areas of water.

“All of us have Gannon in the forefront of our minds,” Sgt. Deborah Mynatt with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said.

In the photos posted of Gannon -- he looks very thin.
Wonder if step monster was depriving him of food when dad was away ?

Many meds reduce appetite. Just a thought.

ETA this can also mean extra effort to get kids to eat when they take such meds. I used to have to get Ensure drinks for my son, and really urge him to drink them when he was taking meds in grade school. (BTW Now his doses are much lower, he's a teen and eating me out of house and home)

What parent or step parent or guardian of an 11 year old does NOT know where they were going to visit when that child was walking on foot in the winter??? Or any season for that matter. Even if TS had something else on her mind or was distracted when Gannon said he was going to visit a friend, a parent/ step parent KNOWS the child's friends and where he was mostly to have gone. I believe this precious boy is not alive. Maybe that is best if he was exposed to the elements, starving, injured, thirsty, afraid, wanting his dad. And based on the evidence we have right now, the person who last saw him is the one responsible for whatever happened to him. MOO.

El Paso County Sheriff’s Office utilizes new equipment in search for Gannon Stauch

2/6/2020

FOX31 asked the sheriff's office about the surveillance video that was previously turned over from the Stauch's neighbor, Roderrick Drayton. Drayton said his video shows Stauch and his stepmom leaving their house together on the day he disappeared, but hours later, the neighbor says the video only shows the stepmom returning.

FOX31: “Can you comment on the surveillance video? The neighbor said the time stamp doesn’t match up with the statement Gannon’s step mother gave you."

El Paso County Sheriff's Office: “And that’s part of the investigation. The sheriff’s office won’t be commenting on that video or confirming any parts of the video at this time.”

While the sheriff’s office said it does not consider this a criminal investigation, Coffman is not ruling out foul play.

“Perhaps at some point later, the justice system will be involved in addressing anyone who might have participated in his disappearance but that’s down the road. Finding him is the focus,” Coffman said.

Coffman served a single term as attorney general of Colorado, and said her background and training leads her to believe there could be more to come from this investigation. She is urging everyone to continue to look for clues in Stauch’s disappearance.

“Look out for anything you think might be significant. The smallest thing you might have seen or heard might be the piece of the puzzle to find Gannon,” Coffman said.

Crews use submersible, sonar-equipped vehicle to search water bodies for Gannon Stauch

2/6/2020

CPW said its Marine Evidence Recovery Team searched a small pond near Colorado Springs using the vehicle, which has a device to retrieve evidence underwater.

It was at least the second time the crews have searched in the area, though law enforcement officials declined to get into specifics on exactly where they were searching and why.

Mynatt said the searches came in response to “good leads” investigators received in recent days. She said that more than 500 people from the community had volunteered for any potential searches that may come, and that the sheriff’s office would call on those people to help when it is needed.

Mynatt said that investigators had received a new piece of equipment to utilize in Thursday’s search but declined to say what it was aside from that it had come from a fire department that is one of the partner agencies.

She said that the search would continue even as poor weather moves through the Colorado Springs area Thursday and in coming days.

I know, I know, I was simply considering, not all media reports are 100% accurate all time. Others have speculated the leak may have been intentional, which makes a little more sense.

I completely agree LE knows more! I respect the process—it doesn’t quench the thirst for knowledge it seems we all have, what do they know they’re not telling us (yet)??? Patience is not a virtue of mine.

IMO
I'm sure TS Woukd love to have that insider info,and would love to throw suspicion onto AS,and RD to make it look like they are lying. But facts,are facts. And I'm going with LEO,and those who are truly concerned for Gannon's life.
MOO
MOO

Statement Analysis of Step-Mom’s Interview 02/05/20 Wed
By “Peter Hyatt a Statement Analyst and instructor who teaches statement analysis and analytical interviewing to law enforcement and corporate America.”

Well done.

Follow his link on twitter for article:
Peter Hyatt on Twitter

In another analysis on his blog, he discuss the truth seen in the biological mom’s interview. That one is dated 02/06/20 Thur.

(Hope this post correctly. Posted earlier but with glitches. jeni25)

Author: Janet Oravetz (9News)
Published: 2:42 PM MST February 6, 2020
Updated: 6:27 PM MST February 6, 2020

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. — Search crews in El Paso County returned on Thursday to search Johnson Reservoir, which is about five minutes away from the home of 11-year-old Gannon Stauch who has been missing since Jan. 27.

Crews searched Johnson Reservoir two or three days ago but came back Thursday because they needed to secure specialized equipment to aid in their search or the reservoir, which is frozen over.

"Today, right back to doing...a secondary thorough job, not because we missed anything last time, it's because of the equipment we were able to get from our collaborative partners today," said Sgt. Deborah Mynatt with the EPCSO.

When asked why they were focused on that area, she said it was part of their investigation and wouldn't elaborate further. She also said no dive members had entered the water. Instead, according to a tweet, they were using submersible remotely operated vehicle equipped sonar to search the water.

Crews search reservoir near home of missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch

BBM-- so they are saying this is NOT a criminal or suspicious investigation.
Does that mean they are still treating it as a "Runaway" case?
I mean, we know and LE know that it is more than that, so are they just saying that to the media/public ? maybe so someone doesn't get spooked into running or anything.

How do you KNOW? Strong suspicion, yes. But as to factual data, at this juncture, there is no named POI, no criminal investigation, no named suspect, no proof of crime that has been put forth publicly by LE.

There are likely legal issues, and possibly even resource acquisition issues, surrounding a move from a missing/endangered person to a criminal investigation.

There is so much that the average person simply does not know when it comes to LE investigative work in this type of case. These guys/gals have to have their act together or the whole thing can crumble in an instant.

I've not convicted a soul, in my mind. I have strong beliefs, yes, suspicions, yes, but am open to any and all possibilities moving forward.

I don’t know. That’s possible.
I wanna know what those papers were. Was she keeping those as proof she went somewhere? Had to be important, I mean, she just hypothetically dropped Gannon off somewhere, but she had to make sure to bring those papers in with her?? MOO
You guys are right, I thought it was her beanie she had in her hand, but those look like papers! Looks to me like someone was double stopping so we have proof of where they were at. Bingo!

I had a coyote come after me and my 56 pound dog a few months ago. It wasn't injured. Didn't appear sick. It was not at all scared of me even though I ran at it screaming (I turned and it was suddenly in the baseball diamond with us, facing my dog, two feet away, so I charged at it), sprayed it with pepper spray (didn't work well), and banged my dog ball thrower on the baseball fence while yelling "get back!!" and throwing my arms up and sort of acting like I was rushing at it. It just quietly loped over the low fence and then stalked us as we walked the length of it trying to get to safety. I had to face it a second time, kept yelling, backed up as it followed until I was close to some tennis courts where there were people. Then we ran in.

It shocked me because I never thought a lone coyote would try for a dog it's same size. I also thought I could easily scare one off. No and no. Apparently, attacks are on the rise in some suburban areas as they lose fear of humans and begin to associate us with food sources (garbage, roaming pets, pet food and even feeding). I researched after it came at us.

I think a coyote could easily attack an 11 year old child. Chicago coyote bites child, man in 'extremely rare' attack

But I also don't think that's what happened to Gannon at all.
WOW. crazy. Glad you and pup survived. I don't think he ran off and met up with a Coyote either.
MOO

Alli Levine‏ @AlliLevineNews
People in bright clothes with matching insignia walking the fields across from @EPCSheriff mobile command post w/ dogs. This is about 5 min. from Gannon Stauch’s family home in CO Springs. We’re waiting for an update from @EPCSheriff #9News (Incorrect autocorrect in prev. tweet)
See 11 second video at tweet.

11:21 AM - 6 Feb 2020

These are curious questions.
I have zero reason to believe the neighbor who had the surveillance video had any reason to make any of this up.
Without finding the exact quote I believe it was stated that AS was visibly upset and claimed his wife lied about when she last saw Gannon.
That to me, sounds like he thought she took the child somewhere and didn't bring him back - since the video clearly shows (apparently) her returning to the house, alone.

jmo
Kabam!!!

You guys are right, I thought it was her beanie she had in her hand, but those look like papers! Looks to me like someone was double stopping so we have proof of where they were at. Bingo!
I didn’t even realize those were papers till @nannymo pointed it out :oops: Just hit me though, that if that’s what they are, she is definitely trying to prove where she was IMO By the way things are looking....TS has done her homework. MOO

Author: Janet Oravetz (9News)
Published: 2:42 PM MST February 6, 2020
Updated: 6:27 PM MST February 6, 2020

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. — Search crews in El Paso County returned on Thursday to search Johnson Reservoir, which is about five minutes away from the home of 11-year-old Gannon Stauch who has been missing since Jan. 27.

Crews searched Johnson Reservoir two or three days ago but came back Thursday because they needed to secure specialized equipment to aid in their search or the reservoir, which is frozen over.

"Today, right back to doing...a secondary thorough job, not because we missed anything last time, it's because of the equipment we were able to get from our collaborative partners today," said Sgt. Deborah Mynatt with the EPCSO.

When asked why they were focused on that area, she said it was part of their investigation and wouldn't elaborate further. She also said no dive members had entered the water. Instead, according to a tweet, they were using submersible remotely operated vehicle equipped sonar to search the water.

Crews search reservoir near home of missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch
I don't like what I think this means. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members