Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.
Wonder what exactly might've been deleted ?
LE would like to know that as well.
There's no video showing him walking away from the house or step mom would've produced such footage.
So what else needed to erased by SM ?

You're right, there's no video of him walking away from the house.
But there would be video of her and him leaving, and her coming back alone. Even if the video didn't capture the entire driveway or the vehicle, or them at all, it would have captured that truck leaving the driveway, and returning, at the exact same time as the neighbor's surveillance video (which did clearly show who got into that truck and who got out), and it would have captured any audio. That would be some pretty incriminating evidence that would need to be deleted. Even if she had no idea the neighbor had a cam, she knew she had one, so deleting those vids would have likely been the first thing she did. Assuming she didn't just turn the camera off for that time frame. Which would also be rather incriminating, if that's what she did.

jmo

LE may have intentionally leaked the surveillance footage to get witnesses to come forward. If the footage is accurate to any degree, it appears to include multiple vehicles & could be indicative of multiple people involved. Let’s ask ourselves these questions...
RSMB
Are you talking about the video they showed where you can see the black SUV also backing up when the truck was pulling forward/parking?
If so, I think it was a different day, like a few days before he disappeared.

rs&bbm
I had to take a break from WS for a couple of days, trying to catch up but haven’t read through the wealth of new posts.

I’ve watched DR’s video clips, interviews & have taken a hard look at the television stills (definitely more than my eyes have been able to handle.)

/// snipped ///

3. The most recent presser released by LE with the both parents & young daughter; LH places emphasis in her request ... if anyone has any information please come forward, don’t be afraid to come forward ...

///snipped ///

When I heard GS' bio-mom say that in their plea video, my immediate thought was she was speaking to a certain 17-year-old...

rs&bbm

When I heard GS' bio-mom say that in their plea video, my immediate thought was she was speaking to a certain 17-year-old...
That's who I felt like they were talking to also. Or even maybe a friend of the 17 year old that she may have confided in. But, yeah, MOO, I think that was geared towards her in some way.
Which, if she's innocent in this (besides being manipulated and lying for her mother) my heart breaks for her also. If innocent, she is also a victim in this and her life will never be the same. She's essentially lost both her parents now.

Last edited:
Trafficking is a real problem but it's extremely unlikely in this case. Colorado also doesn't have a uniquely serious problem. Many states have similar task forces.

GS doesn't match the profile of a trafficking victim whatsoever. It's much more "invisible" children who end up trafficked, sadly. A generally well-cared for 11-year-old boy in a relatively stable, prosperous military family is not going to be a target for traffickers. Traffickers are not just snatching kids out of nowhere. Additionally, this case is so high profile, traffickers would have zero interest in GS. The last thing they want is a child everyone is looking for.
Good post! I was about to post the same thing. What you listed IMO makes Gannon a "hot potato" for trafficking. The last thing these people want is LE pulling out all the stops to search for a kid when "throwaway" kids are easier to obtain. We have cases here of unidentified dead kids who were never reported as missing. Why would a trafficker choose to be on the radar of LE when they can target kids who won't be missed? JMO.

I am so confused. I get so far behind I have to skip pages of posts, I try to read every other page.

Members talk about things that I think are MSM until another member says they are not and it shouldn’t be posted.

Also, mods have been clear that TS cannot be sleuth because she is not a POI, but we can discuss her train wreck of an interview ad nauseam.

There are things <ModSnip> that have been brought here from outside sources. Please don’t. I don’t have the time to read every post to discover if it’s MSM or SM. I get very confused and I don’t want to get a TO because I quoted something that’s not allowed. I can’t be the only one here that has this issue. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
So would those items be "cover purchases"? See, look I was here at this time and here's what I bought?

I keep going over the fact she took him hiking at Garden of the Gods on Sunday. Then ends up in the same area again on Monday to buy dog coats at 11 something, and returns again at 1 something to buy leashes. This is all indicative of something, we just don't know what yet. It was part of her plan, and I'm betting she had the plan worked out prior to AS flying out for Oklahoma.

My guess.. to appear to have had a perfectly normal day out running errands, (IMO alibi purchases) with receipts.

Very indicative of TMH and her errand running and purchase w/receipt from Fred Myer the day that Kyron went missing.

JMO

I am so confused. I get so far behind I have to skip pages of posts, I try to read every other page.

Members talk about things that I think are MSM until another member says they are not and it shouldn’t be posted.

Also, mods have been clear that TS cannot be sleuth because she is not a POI, but we can discuss her train wreck of an interview ad nauseam.

There are things about teaching credentials, and adult websites, stops that were made, and text messages that have been brought here from outside sources. Please don’t. I don’t have the time to read every post to discover if it’s MSM or SM. I get very confused and I don’t want to get a TO because I quoted something that’s not allowed. I can’t be the only one here that has this issue. Thank you for reading.

I assure you, you are not the only one here with this issue. WAY too much social media junk has made it's way here.

Good question.
By now, investigators must have a ton of evidence.
Besides the physical evidence we saw them removing from the home (how many times did the CSI folks go back, three times?), but the digital evidence from surveillance cams, phones (Gannon's at least, but I would suspect the step-mom's as well), and any other evidence that we haven't heard about yet (there's always evidence we never knew about, it comes out at the trial and we all go WHOA!)

So the answer might be, that's a LOT of evidence to go through and paint a clear picture to obtain an arrest warrant after the probable cause has been signed off on.
Just my guess, but they're building a solid case - and still looking for Gannon at the same time.
That's a lot of work.
God bless them in their efforts to bring justice to Gannon and his family.
I think one reason she's not yet arrested is because once she is arrested, she'll get a lawyer and stop talking. They want her to talk, imo. Especially if she provides info on Gannon's location.

And, really, there is no rush at this point. Priority is to find Gannon.

jmo

MODS PLEASE BRING THIS POST OVER TO ALL NEW THREADS UNLESS THERE IS AN ARREST.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS WHOLE POST HERE IS THE SHORT VERSION. WE CANNOT IGNORE GANNON'S STEPMOTHER POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN HIS DISAPPEARANCE BASED ON THE VIDEOTAPE. THIS IS A RARE CASE WHERE WE WILL ALLOW MEMBERS TO DISCUSS THE STEPMOTHER HOWEVER DO NOT TRASH HER OR CALL HER NAMES LIKE YOU ARE ON A PLAYGROUND. DISCUSS THE FACTS AND LEAVE THE NAME-CALLING TO FACEBOOK GROUPS. YOU OWN YOUR WORDS. A GOOD WAY TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD POST SOMETHING OR NOT IS ASK YOURSELF IF YOU COULD DEFEND WHAT YOU POST IN A COURT OF LAW. ALSO PLEASE USE HER INITIALS.

Dear Everyone,

Rarely are things black and white when it comes to the Websleuths rules.

One of our rules is we cannot accuse just anyone of a crime. Good rule. Another rule we do our best to follow is unless law enforcement says someone is a suspect or even a person of interest we cannot accuse anyone connected to a case of a crime.

Then we have our great big gray areas. Like Gannon's case.

It is rare these days for law enforcement to actually say someone is a suspect but we have to use our common sense.

Take the case of the missing children of Lori Vallow. Her behavior and the fact that people around her are dropping dead leaves us with the very logical conclusion that she has done something with her children and therefore we do allow our members to discuss this case with Lori and her husband Chad as possible perps involved in her missing children.

Mark Sievers was just convicted of 1st-degree murder in the death of his wife Dr. Teresa Sievers even though he was hundreds of miles away when she was murdered. Early on we allowed our members to discuss Mark Sievers as a suspect because of what our members discovered and it was only common sense that he was a suspect.

Then there is the case of Heidi Broussard. Her boyfriend was 100 percent innocent in her disappearance and her murder but many members decided to accuse him of being involved because he was awkward in front of the camera. I hope that those who felt it was OK to accuse a man when there was no evidence to suggest he had anything to do with the crime will re-think before they ever do something like that again. Remember, unless the Internet blows up, Heidi and Shane's children could (one day) read your words about their father.

Your words have power. You are responsible for your opinions. We cannot babysit this thread 24/7.

Always imagine you are standing in front of the person you are posting about. Imagine that person knows your real name and where you live. Imagine that person has the power to go on a forum and say something about you. Now, this scenario is strictly a fantasy but it is a great guideline to use when you post.

Below is the short version of this post.

WE CANNOT IGNORE GANNON'S STEPMOTHER POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN HIS DISAPPEARANCE BASED ON THE VIDEOTAPE. THIS IS A RARE CASE WHERE WE WILL ALLOW MEMBERS TO DISCUSS THE STEPMOTHER HOWEVER DO NOT TRASH HER OR CALL HER NAMES LIKE YOU ARE ON A PLAYGROUND. DISCUSS THE FACTS AND LEAVE THE NAME-CALLING TO FACEBOOK GROUPS. YOU OWN YOUR WORDS. A GOOD WAY TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD POST SOMETHING OR NOT IS ASK YOURSELF IF YOU COULD DEFEND WHAT YOU POST IN A COURT OF LAW. ALSO PLEASE USE HER INITIALS.

Thank you,
Tricia

If the Petco story is factual, and she was in the store alone at 11 and again at 1, how was she keeping Gannon subdued? We're assuming he was in the truck at least...:(

JMO -- I have a hunch that she managed to create 'symptoms' (by something she slipped into food or drink??) so that him staying home from school made sense to Gannon's sisters and also made it possible for her to control him on Monday. It would have been in her best interest to appear as a nurturing mom : "You're not feeling well, are you? You'd better stay home today ". Isn't it possible the girls didn't see any red flags?
I'm still learning the rules. Hope it's clear this is just conjecture.
Not in CO but having my own prayer vigil.

Hundreds of people showed up to pray for a safe return home for Gannon Stauch.
13 min

HAPPENING NOW: a candlelight prayer vigil is being held for 11-year-old Gannon Stauch. It’s been just shy of two weeks since he went missing.

Tonight, hundreds of people are here in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood to pray for his safe return home. There is still no update on the search for him that has been going on for the last week and a half.

We will have the full story tonight on FOX21 News at 9.

Video at link:
FOX21 News - Hundreds of people showed up to pray for a... | Facebook

I think one reason she's not yet arrested is because once she is arrested, she'll get a lawyer and stop talking. They want her to talk, imo. Especially if she provides info on Gannon's location.

And, really, there is no rush at this point. Priority is to find Gannon.

jmo
Except that she’s not talking or if she is we are getting nothing - like an explanation of why she is shown leaving with GS and returning without him. Simple to clear up if nothing’s going on - my best guess - she’s not talking and they aren’t trying because they can’t make an arrest ... yet IMO

I felt like the video interview was strategically fantastic. I feel like it was done on the fly, perhaps grabbing the interview while SM was willing. (i.e. SM makes contact to give her side of things, as she's feeling really wronged, and reporter jumps on it fast). So it was a little rough. I feel like her back being turned was her choice. I feel like he just let her ramble for the most part. I got the impression she repulsed the reporter. (he's sure to have interviewed so many different people, and studied interviews done by others). I got the feeling he was glad she blabbed like she did because it was sooooo telling, and he was the one who got it on video. If he had guided her too much, she may have picked up on what she was "supposed" to say, and we would have a totally different take. All JMO MOO
Unlike LS IMO your post is quite insightful! I agree that it was best to let LS lead the interview direction. As a result we got a thorough picture of what was on her mind - and it certainly wasn't Gannon. She may be regretting her words now but IMO at the time she probably got some pleasure from being able to voice her anger at LH and social media. Little did she know (because of her lack of insight) how badly it would backfire. MOO.

Except that she’s not talking or if she is we are getting nothing - like an explanation of why she is shown leaving with GS and returning without him. Simple to clear up if nothing’s going on - my best guess - she’s not talking and they aren’t trying because they can’t make an arrest ... yet IMO
Or they're very close and want an airtight case. If they have eyes on her 24/7 and aren't worried about losing her/her running, they may be making sure they is no way they can lose the case. The way this case has played out and the amount of attention it has received I couldn't imagine the backlash if they jumped the gun and that caused her to get off either free or something like 2 years.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member