Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the strangest thing to me, whatever happened, it happened in broad daylight. I don't know how long AS was slated to be away but it seems like risking doing something untoward both in public and in daylight would be unnecessary if he was away for a while. I can't make sense of it.

This is why some of us have the theory of TS (1) handing him over to someone, whether planned for a long time or a short time; and whether he is still with that person or someone else or not, for whatever purpose; and/or (2) driving somewhere where she could do something quick with him in a remote and desolate natural area. If there were others involved, then she must have a burner phone to communicate with them.

This is why some of us have the theory of TS (1) handing him over to someone, whether planned for a long time or a short time; and whether he is still with that person or someone else or not, for whatever purpose; and/or (2) driving somewhere where she could do something quick with him in a remote and desolate natural area. If there were others involved, then she must have a burner phone to communicate with them.
And our hope and prayers he is alive allows us to cling to this possible explanation.

Don’t suppose there’s anyway you could post the highlights? Looks like you have to register to read the article.

Our WS posters on timelines are far more detailed than this article so you can read everything in them. I am sorry to tell you but here is a direct quote from part of the article - sorry because this is a current article as of today and it says the below about SM. It seems to be a lazily written one.

- Letecia also said that her 17-year-old daughter was briefly put in handcuffs when detectives pulled over their vehicle Jan. 30. She claims deputies had guns drawn and told her they were going to shoot her without identifying themselves as law enforcement officers. A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office would not comment on the claims, citing the ongoing investigation.

- Foul play is not suspected, and the investigation is not a criminal one, investigators said.

IMO, our daily digital footprints are hard to conceal now days. Even when we think we're being savvy, there's always someone at LE disposal, several pay-grades above us, that will dismantle our information and tell the real story of events.

Then you have surveillance video that is really hard to get away from in today's world (cameras outside of homes, businesses, intersections we travel through). It takes a moment for subpoenas to be issued, actual footage to be reviewed, it's painstaking work but believe it's being done behind the scenes, along with so much more.

I really hope the public heeds the plea from LE when they say please don't bring us your theories, recommendation or SM drama, only contact us with first hand information. It really does hinder an investigation.

Meanwhile, stepmom, IMO, has taken adversarial position. It's an interesting approach. To a degree, I absolutely understand the need to defend ones self but this one might end up being a case study in a college classroom one day.
Agreed - it's truly amazing (or terrifying based on who you are) what Google, for example, does with tracking. Recently listened to a podcast about Theo Hayez, where they went into some detail on the tracking done via Google. They're even able to tell if the person is walking, running, or in a car based on the movement. It's pretty crazy.

Our WS posters on timelines are far more detailed than this article so you can read everything in them. I am sorry to tell you but here is a direct quote from part of the article - sorry because this is a current article as of today and it says the below about SM. It seems to be a lazily written one.

- Letecia also said that her 17-year-old daughter was briefly put in handcuffs when detectives pulled over their vehicle Jan. 30. She claims deputies had guns drawn and told her they were going to shoot her without identifying themselves as law enforcement officers. A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office would not comment on the claims, citing the ongoing investigation.

- Foul play is not suspected, and the investigation is not a criminal one, investigators said.
Thanks. I’m just wanting to make sure I haven’t missed anything new

I would guess that LE and construction crews would definitely have done checking. At least, you would think that ‍♀️
You would hope LE or the construction company has checked them out. But for example in the Harley Dilly case, the house nearby was unoccupied and nobody went to check it.

Whatever the plan was she may be like a few others we have followed here. They don't think past 10 minutes.
Exactly. They may have it all drawn up perfectly in their head, but they make mistakes, and there are always complications.

SM probably figured the fake Google search would throw law enforcement off, and everyone would assume Gannon simply ran away.

She didn’t count on surveillance footage, nor did she count on her ability not to cast suspicion upon herself.

She’s her own worst enemy.

Or didn't think this would blow up so big. MOO
Agree. I've wonder if maybe in her sick mind she thought she could make him "run away", the cops would do a small investigation, come up with nothing and move on. She would be the one to comfort AS, be there for him, "help" him through this and it would somehow save their marriage. I think she messed up when she didn't realize 11 year old don't just up and leave with absolutely no trace. I think she overestimated a mother and fathers love because she doesn't have those emotions. I'm running out of hope that Gannon will walk back through the door into his loving parents arms.

Last edited:
On-board diagnostics - called telematics. Example would be OnStar.
..."The operators of these services do, indeed, have the ability to see where you are, how fast you're going, and what state your car is in mechanically. They can also track and remotely disable a stolen vehicle. " (www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a7469/your-car-is-spying-on-you-but-whom-is-it-spying-for/)
Article is from 2012. Imagine how much more advanced the technology is now.
Do you have any idea if all vehicles have this technology? Or a nissan frontier in particular? TIA

I'm going on the assumption that she was the one who searched "can my parents track me if my phone is off" (or whatever the actual words were).

Once she found that the answer was no, she wouldn't need to leave her phone anywhere. She could just turn it off. Or leave it at home. Unless she thought that would raise more suspicions, since some people never leave home without their phones.
Yes, it would be nice to know if this phone search prior to the SM and GS leaving at around 10 am or later on after she returned alone around 2 pm.

Agree. I've wonder if maybe in her sick mind she thought she could make him "run away", the cops would do a small investigation, come up with nothing and move on. She would be the one to comfort AS, be there for him, "help" him through this and it would somehow save their marriage. I think she messed up when she didn't realize 11 year old don't just up and leave with absolutely no trace. I think she overestimated a mother and fathers love because doesn't have those emotions. I'm running out of hope that Gannon will walk back through the door into his loving parents arms.
bbm
Assuming you're referring to TS; Ita.

A parent's love is fierce and TS is also nauseating in that there are many step parents and adoptive ones who love the children in their care just as much as any bio parent.
Think angry bears !!
TS should be shaking in her boots.

Just how much did she spend on herself or the dog and not on the step children ?
It's as if they were a nuisance and that was all.

Agree. I've wonder if maybe in her sick mind she thought she could make him "run away", the cops would do a small investigation, come up with nothing and move on. She would be the one to comfort AS, be there for him, "help" him through this and it would somehow save their marriage. I think she messed up when she didn't realize 11 year old don't just up and leave with absolutely no trace. I think she overestimated a mother and fathers love because she doesn't have those emotions. I'm running out of hope that Gannon will walk back through the door into his loving parents arms.
I don't buy for one second that he ran away. Period. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members