Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is, like, interested ... :D:
Well...you all warned me that was going to be time I would never get back in my life...but I caved and listened anyhoo. ;)

Not going to give any feedback on the babysitter's comments because I learned nothing from her interview.

My biggest takeaway...(and IMO the most important) They are searching specific areas based on tips and the tips and leads are increasing....!

This team is going to find Gannon. JMO

In my opinion, I seriously doubt he ran away. If he had run away, I am sure by now he would have told somebody who he was and that he was lost and he wanted to go home. Hes a cold and hungry 11 year old. I'm sure he knows his address. He would have been back in an hour after he ran off. So in my opinion him running away is completely unbelievable.

What I said was that without the Stepmom in the picture I would think accident, or runaway COUPLED with accident or suicide. Which would explain why he didn't come back. Not just a runaway. Although that's still possible, I guess, it certainly wouldn't be my first guess.

I wonder if TS really is and has been active on boards such as this one for the purpose of studying cases or getting ideas.... the text from the victim’s phone in KB, or HD the runaway child who was found in an abandoned home. Are there any others that could have something in common? What if all of this is some kind of copy-cat mash up of recent cases.... MOO MOO

I looked up Kelsey Berreth after someone mentioned her here. Several similarities. And it was a highly publicized case right nearby in Woodland Park.

I haven’t been through all 8 links yet so what I am about to say may have already been tossed around. If so, plz forgive my reposting. I have been wondering if there was anything said about his online video accounts—like any activity since 1/27? Most kids at that age are on it at least daily if not most of their free time. Even if he wasn’t home he could still access from another person’s home or internet and I’m sure he would not think about a digital footprint. I’m sure LE has already thought of this but I haven’t seen this mentioned yet. Perhaps I missed it. JMOO

Yes. So agree. Boy of 11 going to take his phone if he has 1 minute to plan. Then a jacket.
Someone said he likes Sonic Hedgehog. The amount of anguish to "run away" in mid winter is extreme.
Saw that they are searching ponds in the Lorson ranch area and that sounds like they think an event happened close to his home.

I looked up Kelsey Berreth after someone mentioned her here. Several similarities. And it was a highly publicized case right nearby in Woodland Park.

The issue that I see, is that really Frazee may have been able to get away with the death of Kelsey Berreth, if it had not been for his friend, the rodeo queen who told the story to the police.

In this situation, there is no one else involved, as far as we know.

Can you imagine being a person involved in a family-related police investigation and when the media hounds go looking for a friend or someone else who is willing to speak to your character on camera, the best they can come up with is that babysitter??

ETA: I'm not bringing this up to disparage the babysitter, but to make the point that I believe something in the relationships and behavior patterns at play here led us to this point.

I was going to ask the same. What was the actual agenda- the stepmom, or learning anything more about Gannon, whether she could picture him running away etc. Did she talk about him? I missed it, too.
Right. She babysat for a year, so she would have spent more time with Gannon than with any of them. Nothing about Gannon. She's not worried about him? Nothing about what he likes, how smart he is, did he tell any silly jokes, talk your ear off about Sonic????? No Nothing. WOW

Can you imagine being a person involved in a family-related police investigation and when the media hounds go looking for a friend or someone else who is willing to speak to your character on camera, the best they can come up with is that babysitter??

Just to be fair..the best they can come up with is the babysitter? Let's just be honest, with LS constantly changing the story to match or change with the narrative, whom else might speak on her behalf...It doesn't look good for her.

I’ve been here since the beginning - set up the media thread and timeline - IMO there has not been bashing and the commentary has been within the limits outlined by Tricia at the beginning of each thread

- iMO he needs to be found - that’s what I’m here for
JMO

Wasn’t his father away just on a National Guard weekend? Or was it longer and was he away most of the time?

If he was normally at home, why would he allow Gannon’s life to be miserable, etc, as has been much presumed? I hope he was not always away, though, as I would be wary of leaving my child with a step parent for the majority of the time unless I was very, very sure and comfortable with their mutual relationship...anyway...jmo and just wondering.

ETA: I'm not bringing this up to disparage the babysitter, but to make the point that I believe something in the relationships and behavior patterns at play here led us to this point.

No, I absolutely see your point. It's not like talking to the live-in nanny; and it's only slightly better than talking to the landscaper or the supermarket bag boy.

In my opinion, I seriously doubt he ran away. If he had run away, I am sure by now he would have told somebody who he was and that he was lost and he wanted to go home. Hes a cold and hungry 11 year old. I'm sure he knows his address. He would have been back in an hour after he ran off. So in my opinion him running away is completely unbelievable.
As cold set in he would knock on a door or go in a business.

I think it's highly unlikely that the media was looking for a positive character reference for the stepmother. Pretty much the opposite of that.

Wasn’t his father away just on a National Guard weekend? Or was it longer and was he away most of the time?

If he was normally at home, why would he allow Gannon’s life to be miserable, etc, as has been much presumed? I hope he was not always away, though, as I would be wary of leaving my child with a step parent for the majority of the time unless I was very, very sure and comfortable with their mutual relationship...anyway...jmo and just wondering.

We aren't sure about the family dynamics yet. I think time will tell.

I've spent quite a bit of time in Colorado Springs over the last couple of years.

Looked at a house in one area of town. The realtor informed us that there's an entire area over there with old precarious mines. Just FYI that that's a real thing, not that I think it's altogether relevant here.

Also, and I think the locals will agree, Colorado Springs has a rather unique master zoning plan. In my experience, there's the older parts of town including downtown but all the developments are very similar, little communities unto themselves, many with signature schools, many of them with community features like pools, gyms and the like. Within those developments are small curving roads that then spill out onto main thoroughfares, and those in turn spill into one of only a few major arteries (like 1-25). Think 20mph, 45mph and 70mph speeds. It's a very efficient system but it still takes a good 25 minutes usually to get to anywhere. In my experience.

I share this because I don't for a second think someone drove 2 hours away and 2 hours back from anywhere. Just doesn't strike me as realistic. The time it takes just to get around IN TOWN narrows the four hour gap considerably IMO. Today's LE update seems to bear that out. Someone didn't go very far. And also LE doesn't appear to think there was help or a hand off or anything that would remove our dear boy from the general area.

There are lots of wide open spaces, lots of culverts, lots of natural topography alongside developments, much new construction. Mountains, ravines, the Black Forest. An impossible search grid but in the end, I think they'll nail this down by good, old fashioned investigative diligence.

Between traffic cameras and vehicle system software, I think LE is going to have all the data they need and Dan May will see to it that justice is served. Traffic cameras don't lie. Me, I vote for LWOP plus a couple hundred years. It still won't be long enough, but it's a start.

JMO
You are correct about getting around town. There’s a meme that’s gone around - “Colorado Springs is 30 minutes from Colorado Springs.” It’s so true.

As cold set in he would knock on a door or go in a business.

If he didn't have an accident or commit suicide first. Which is what I said that started this whole line of post. Probably not just a runaway, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
extremevertigo