Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked my son that, as he has a new pickup with a GPS. He answered quickly and confidently, and I couldn't understand it all....lol

Basically, it depends upon what kind of GPS it has. Some are automatic by default and would be harder to by pass. Others can just be turned off or unplugged, depending on what kind of model, apparently.
need make model and year and version of vehicle to check which variety it contained.
Another possibility is that it/vehicle could have been chosen because it was off at the time..
Maybe not necessarily for vehicle specific territory?
Maybe she didn't have another vehicle option that day. Speculating like a flame here and all JMO

need make model and year and version of vehicle to check which variety it contained.
Another possibility is that it/vehicle could have been chosen because it was off at the time..
Maybe not necessarily for vehicle specific territory?
Maybe she didn't have another vehicle option that day. Speculating like a flame here and all JMO
What if it wasn't that premeditated....In other words, maybe she had injured him Sunday night, and so needed to keep him home from school, hoping he would recover.

And she took him along while she did errands, and he slept in the back seat....[much like lil Lucas...:(]

But he passed from internal injuries of some kind, so she had to dispose of him, maybe in a construction dumpster or somewhere?

But she didn't have a chance to mess with the GPS?

What if it wasn't that premeditated....In other words, maybe she had injured him Sunday night, and so needed to keep him home from school, hoping he would recover.

And she took him along while she did errands, and he slept in the back seat....[much like lil Lucas...:(]

But he passed from internal injuries of some kind, so she had to dispose of him, maybe in a construction dumpster or somewhere?

But she didn't have a chance to mess with the GPS?
could be and dumpster probably a likely one depending on their capacities and locations.
Reason I'm doubting GPS availability in this case is the length of time it's taking. A 4 hr period.

If he was beaten up by anyone in the house Sunday night wouldn’t his little sister be able to verify this. The fact that TS is no longer in the home and everyone worrying about Gannon being missing I would imagine this would give his little sister the perfect opportunity to express and open up. The only logical explanation would be whatever happened happened on the Monday morning before 10:13am whilst the sister was at school. Maybe an hour (if that) window for her to beat him before they were seen on the CCTV footage. Seems out there to me.

I am usually an open and shut book when it comes to cases but this case has me back and forth. I really don’t know.

Last edited:
I'm technically challenged as everybody here knows by now. Need help.
How difficult is it to bypass a GPS tracker in a car of this description.
How would it be done?
Would a record of the bypassing/ offtime be recorded?
I would attempt to find the fuse that is on the power line that energizes the GPS module. However my guess would be that line has to be energized to operate the vehicle.

That's a good point.^^^

Brainstorming here. :)
It just seems like she could have mentioned something about him that people would be on the lookout for-- like a favorite game (Nintendo Switch--is this game with him ?), or if he'd be the type of child to hide in someone's shed.
She might have, and it was edited out.
We just can't know for sure, but we do know for sure the station specifically wanted the focus to be on TS.
The way they promoted it, made that perfectly clear.

I apologize if this is posted somewhere but I looked at the timeline thread and didn't find anything. Has the red truck been searched by LE? Anyone know where the red truck is? Has LE questioned LS about the security camera footage showing her leaving with GS Monday AM and returning without him? TIA.

After Gannon disappeared the family was still using the red truck for a few days. I have not seen the red truck at the house after the first week. It leads me to believe they have the truck but I can't say for sure.

"Also on Thursday, a Sheriff's Office patrol car with two deputies was parked for an extended period of time across the street from the Stauch family home, and two other men appearing to be law enforcement officers sat in an unmarked car down the street.

However, the officers left the scene after two men and a woman got into a pickup truck parked in the driveway, and drove away."

BOY6-scaled.jpg

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO

I know some people think he went missing to cover a beating, but I feel like it's possible she disappeared him out of spite.

I think I've told this story before, but years ago my husband worked with a man who murdered his stepchildren as revenge on his wife who had recently filed for divorce.

Control freaks can get crazy when they lose their power over someone. It's like "Oh, you want to hurt me? Well, I'll hurt you more."

It's sick, but it happens.

I would attempt to find the fuse that is on the power line that energizes the GPS module. However my guess would be that line has to be energized to operate the vehicle.
what information would you expect to receive from a 4 hr window of time from that specific vehicle if the gPS had been switched on and in full working order?

If he was beaten up by anyone in the house Sunday night wouldn’t his little sister be able to verify this. The fact that TS is no longer in the home and everyone worrying about Gannon being missing I would imagine this would give his little sister the perfect opportunity to express and open up. The only logical explanation would be whatever happened happened on the Monday morning before 10:13am whilst the sister was at school. Maybe an hour (if that) window for her to beat him before they were seen on the CCTV footage. Seems out there to me.

I am usually an open and shut book when it comes to cases but this case has me back and forth. I really don’t know.
I think a lot would depend on the conditioning she got from the step mother. If she was told her daddy would leave if she told, or the family would blow apart and it would be all her fault, she might keep quiet out of fear that that’s what will happen, and when you think about it, if she told, that’s exactly what would happen.

She would be fear based if her stepmother has made these types of threats and feel the weight of responsibility for anything that happened if she told. She wouldn’t know that it wouldn’t be her fault and that she should tell.
IME.

I know some people think he went missing to cover a beating, but I feel like it's possible she disappeared him out of spite.

I think I've told this story before, but years ago my husband worked with a man who murdered his stepchildren as revenge on his wife who had recently filed for divorce.

Control freaks can get crazy when they lose their power over someone. It's like "Oh, you want to hurt me? Well, I'll hurt you more."

This has crossed my mind. Do we know if anything preempted Gannon's disappearance?

what information would you expect to receive from a 4 hr window of time from that specific vehicle if the gPS had been switched on and in full working order?
Sorry to interrupt, I saw the question to this poster^^ but I’d like to answer. It’s a great question and made ,e think.
I would like to know where she went, where she spent time, how much time. What doors opened and how many times, I ould want to know each stop, from the time she left the house til the time she arrived back home. GPS would pretty much show is where Gannon would be. IMO

This is my line of thinking also...

Babysitters interview.

Reporter "what was she ( Stepmom) like."

Babysitter. "She wouldn't...She never even spanked those (plural). kids"

This was an open ended question.

1) we have a broken sentence, missing or possible withheld information.

2) Sitter could've started anywhere, yet the first think that comes to her mind is "spanking"

Given what we know (audio) from stepmums phone. Sitters answer is very disturbing.

ETA

The reporter should have asked her what she means (subjective definition) of "Spanking"

Last edited:
Babysitters interview.

Reporter "what was she ( Stepmom) like."

Babysitter. "She wouldn't...She never even spanked those (plural). kids"

This was an open ended question.

1) we have a broken sentence, missing or possible withheld information.

2) Sitter could've started anywhere, yet the first think that comes to her mind is "spanking"

Given what we know (audio) from stepmums phone. Sitters answer is very disturbing

To me it sounds like either editing or coaching beforehand by the interviewer,

or she has been specifically told by a certain someone to make the point that SM doesn't spank the kids, like SM herself?

To me it sounds like either editing or coaching beforehand by the interviewer,

or she has been specifically told by a certain someone to make the point that SM doesn't spank the kids, like SM herself?
It could very well be editing to make it sound like spanking was the first thing that came to mind.

But, if it's not editing, it's telling, imo. I'm imaging if I were asked to describe any of my friends as parents. I could immediately think of something positive and heartwarming about them, very easily and without any hesitation.

If I were asked about how my friends discipline, I might say, "She doesn't spank." But I wouldn't think of "not spanking" as a way to describe their parenting in general, ykwim?

Punishment styles just wouldn't come to my mind unless specifically asked....UNLESS the way the parent disciplined defined the way they were a parent - which might come to mind with SM. She seems to be the type always ready to punish. She seems in a constant state of punishing others, imo, including the mom to a missing boy.

my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members