CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has a prodigious memory. When he's pausing and calling on it, he looks up and across like he's reading the information from the air. It's really interesting to watch. I have a poor memory for various reasons, but my late grandmother never forgot anything. Ever. And my nephew is the same. As him a maths question, then ask him to remember it months later, without warning, and he can. He's eight.

MOO

It's a little reminiscent of the show Extraordinary Attorney Woo - where her character does that (overall heartwarming show, in Korean and subtitled into English)

It'd be an incredibly handy skill to have in a lot of fields, but I'd think law would be near the top of the list where it'd be useful pretty much daily.

This judge for Gannon's trial seems remarkable in many ways.

Families and prescribers go either way on the use of ADHD medication. I have had students who took their meds 7 days and others who take breaks on non-school days. They would have probably had a conversation with a provider about what works best, some families only want to medicate when they need to and see at home time as a time when they can adjust. The meds only stay in the system for the time the pharm. companies say, including time released and that information is well documented.
This is just a wonder of mine and no judgement of those children that are legitimately afflicted, but I wonder when Gannon was prescribed this medication for ADHD? Because if it was done during Leticia's reign, then I could see her pushing for this to combat his boyish energy.

It's a little reminiscent of the show Extraordinary Attorney Woo - where her character does that (overall heartwarming show, in Korean and subtitled into English)

It'd be an incredibly handy skill to have in a lot of fields, but I'd think law would be near the top of the list where it'd be useful pretty much daily.

This judge for Gannon's trial seems remarkable in many ways.
O/T I think the character in EAW is autistic, if I recall the trailer correctly. Most of my family are some combination of autistic and ADHD, with a sprinkling of other stuff, so memory things can come with autism, for sure, but some people just have that kind of brain. Mathematicians, academics, scientists. There's crossover with synaethesia, too. People can acquire it if they have a brain injury, though it's rare. But some people just have prodigious memories and we don't fully understand why.

I think I remember her posting in one of the fb groups, when someone asked her about friends etc, and she said that "I don't do all that, I don't have that information, that was all Albert's thing, not mine. Which is an odd attitude to have when you are essentially the primary carer, and makes quite the mockery of her defence trying to make that big thing on cross with Al about her being granted legal custody as well as him, and how trustworthy and involved she was with the kids!. JMO
I remember that too. From the beginning she wanted it well known that “ Al takes care of all that “ when it came to knowing G’s friends and where they live. She told the first officers that on Monday night when they searched the house ( bodycam footage )

Also when the babysitter was concerned and trying to help, LS told her “ Honestly I don’t keep up with friends “
Last line of this text exchange:

E19A857C-89E4-4F73-8833-71112E22ECC1.jpeg

Her attitude just screams, "They're not MY kids!"

"I don't do all that." She's a real piece.
Sadly, I can attest to a stepmother singling out the oldest child of the new family for physical/mental abuse that could have been fatal. IE an eleven year old boy or girl who has been Daddy or Mommy's kid, misses them terribly, and then with the stepparent trying to insert her/his own rules on a kid who has worked that all out with the previous parent.

This is in no way excusing LS for ANYTHING she did, as the adult, she was charged with analyzing the situation and dealing with it in a non-abusive manner together with the child's bio parents. After all, SHE is the one with the PH.D in education.

I think she probably hated Gannon, he obviously sensed it and it must have been hell in that house when she was alone with him. Well, actually it did turn out to be hell, didn't it.

IMO

I think she said Vyvanse in the bodycam footage which is a prescription ADHD medication. I have always thought from the moment we learned that Gannon had ADHD that LS was probably abusing his medication if he was prescribed Adderall or Vyvanse. Her actions, manner and way of speaking are kind of a dead giveaway in my mind because I know someone addicted to Adderall who uses the same kind of language and mannerisms as LS when she is speaking.
I’m not sure if we’ll hear from anyone that has knowledge of this, but I wonder if we would hear from anyone that might say she tried to fill his RX too soon. ADHD meds are controlled substances and in my experience with the types of ADHD meds my son has taken, they will only allow them to be filled 2 days before the medication should be gone if taken as prescribed.

It's my understanding from talking to UCLA psychiatrists about this, that the effect is not supposed to be so pronounced. I have lots of students on ADHD medicine, none are zombies. I think every psychiatrist I've ever discussed this with has said that's a sign of over-medication. I'll do a little literature review on this and I happen to be having a meet-up with a practicing bio-psychiatrist next week, so I'll ask him too.

It does make sense to have a weekend break (and lots of doctors agree), but the child should not be stupefied or zombie-like while on the meds. Needs a lighter med or dose, IMO.

IMO
My SIL has been recently diagnosed with ADHD and started taking meds. a few weeks ago. My daughter's words were "it's like living with a zombie, one minute he's fine then the next he's off in his own world". It didn't last apparently this is normal when first taking the meds. but I'm guessing Gannon had been on them for a while.

Concern was enhanced because of ADHD and GI issues.

Questioned about petco visit. Which petco it was.

Couldn't track switch. Later found switch was found in the house.

"Was that wasting of [LE trying to find GS] resources a direct result of misdirection from the defendant?" "Yes, it is."

Calm demeanour from LS during interview. No shift in personality.

Ring cameras confirmed timeline.

LE were searching for kernel of truth among the lies. (paraphrase)

Asked LS for toothbrush or hairbrush of Gannon's.

Asked for both to come for interviews at station. AS turned up for interview, LS did not.

Contacted LS through landline at police station, phonecall not recorded.

LS said that she and AS were not allowed to parent each other's children. Not formal adoption. Claimed she was watching a tv show when he left, could not remember what show. Would not come in to the station, claimed digestive issues.

Facetimed later, mad at LE that HH was left alone with 'a bunch of men' (LE).

Letecia told the officer that Gannon left at around 3:15 - 4 pm because she was watching a tv show she liked and always watched. When asked which tv show, Letecia couldn't remember one. (MOO, she shoots out lies, but is weak or lazy on the details to make them believable.)

AS called later, sobbing, saying he didn't tell them everything. Explained about the rented vehicle LS picked him up in, and that he could not find her Tiguan where she said it was.

Long text messages came later that night from LS. Witness checking her report to refresh her memory of content.

LS demanded why she was being set up, claimed she had inside information from LE, this was found to be untrue.

Missed a bit, sorry, something about HH and cameras. LS again declined to come in to give information to help find Gannon.

Another Facetime. This one was recorded, only audio. Admitted.

Going to play it now.

Content of call seems to be LS pissed that HH was made to stay with 'a bunch of men' and wasn't allowed to leave to get starbucks.

Asks her to come in to help find Gannon. LS refusing. Claiming she doesn't know what was going on, that she doesn't have anywhere to live, clothes, food.

Witness is saying if she doesn't want to give more information, then they have no point to continuing the conversation, that she needs to spend her time tracking down leads to find Gannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member