CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

#GannonStauch: Accused Killer Stepmom Says Construction Worker Raped Her & Kidnapped Slain Stepson https://crimeonline.com/2023/04/11/gannon-stauch-accused-killer-stepmom-says-construction-worker-raped-her-kidnapped-slain-stepson/ via @crimeonlinenews

This interview at Starbucks was on the 28th.
LS had picked AS up at the COS airport at 8:50 that morning (after renting a car and leaving her Tiguan hidden in the parking lot)

60486D30-9773-413F-93D2-03DE41636D20.jpeg

That same day around 1:00 pm LS searched Google asking if the Nintendo Switch could be traced.
Must have been right after this interview. IMO

B3F485A7-E83C-4647-9483-823E46E543CA.jpeg

Letecia sounds like she's happy to have something that brought her and Al together as a couple, and she's in her glory making up these lying stories. (The horror that really went on coming from the mind and evil hands of demon Letecia the average person would never imagine.) What date was this interview? She hadn't gone to the hospital claiming rape yet.

Talking about an address, AS thinks it is associated with known friends that they name, most likely.

Talking again about the video of the kid who bought chips.

Pictures and videos being sent to them by people trying to help of kids who might be Gannon.

I think they're getting a photo of Gannon to show to someone who took video?

Hard to hear. Something about emails? LS replying sounds light hearted, chipper, laughed a bit. Like she's on a coffee date. She's talking about the officers checking for Gannon hiding in the house. LS saying Gannon doesn't hide like that, would be out of character. Looked at alarm system for video.

Asked about what was normal routine for Gannon. LS talked at length about laying out his clothes for multiple days on the spare bed.

Asking about the Switch now, about his Id name.

Where does he go when he plays outside. AS says only to [friend's] house. LS talks at length about how he is very different activity wise when he doesn't take his meds. Says his stomach problem on Mon was the result of him not taking his meds [Implies, IMO, Gannon's fault, not routine to not take meds.]

Manager of the store has said that the kid in the video is not Gannon, kid comes in all the time with his dad.

Can't hear a lot of this. LE saying something about checking the golf course?

He would have needed an adult to buy if for him. No way he had them. They would have definitely known if he had been smoking anyway, especially since they don't smoke.
And Swisher Sweets have a very, very distinct (and pleasant, in my opinion) odor when they're lit. There would have been no question if he was "smoking", they'd smell it on him.

Listening to the interview with Letecia and Al and I am furious. They told the police that Gannon has ADHD and sometimes they don’t give him his medicine and I think she said he hadn’t had it the two days before he disappeared. I have a son with ADHD and we always give him his medicine. There is no reason I can think of to NOT give a kid with ADHD medicine if they aren’t having side effects. With my son at least, when he isn’t on his medicine (it has happened a few times for a short period of time when the pharmacy doesn’t have it) he is very difficult to deal with, almost all day long. It’s difficult for him too - he is frustrated with his lack of attention and the constant communication/reprimands that we have to give. Gannon must have been miserable in his mind and couldn’t help himself calm down. IMO, if this is true I’m guessing it contributed to her building rage.

LS talking about how she doesn't know [friend's] age, hasn't ever spoken to parents.

AS gives detailed information to get to [friend's] house from their house.

Information about second friend comes from AS too. And school info.

Witness says they're going to go and talk to [friend]. Other LE is working leads in the field. Witness says she will let them know if they find anything, urges them to contact her if anything comes up.

Morning break now. Whoa, that was difficult. My brain is fried.

Last edited:
I know that when we were discussing the case at the beginning, there were more details about what happened in Alaska. I used to live up there so anytime a story about Alaska surfaces, I pay attention.

He was probably stationed at sprawling JBER, and it's not that close to Anchorage where a non-military spouse might have year round shopping to help pass the time. It's really cold in the winter, can be miserable during spring breakup, and buzzing around in a normal car to amuse oneself even for 18-25 miles RT gets complicated, sometimes chains, 4WD etc are required, and there are white outs where a person not used to driving in that weather could be dangerous to themselves and to others.

I suspect that the top brass at JBER have a little program to monitor troublemakers, ie bored non-military spouses, male and female for that matter. They have probably seen it all before, ad nauseam.

@NuttMegg,
My apologies for late post. Here is April 4th testimony.

https://twitter.com/FierroNicole

Court taking a break until 10:40 am.

COURT BACK

Al said there were sexual harassment claims that led Al and Letecia to move to Colorado from Alaska. Letecia raised sexual harassment claim based on a comment Al's captain made. Another sexual harassment claim based on a conversation a Colonial and Letecia had.

Al said Letecia informed the Alaska National Guard of a complaint with sexual harassment. Al said this caused issues within his unit and led to his eventual transfer from Alaska to Colorado.

Al said Letecia told him she was pregnant with twins while he was in Alaska. He said he's confident she never went to the doctor. She never had twins.

DA Allen: Did #LeteciaStauch tell you she was pregnant with twins Al: Yes sir DA Allen: Was that a form of manipulation? Al: Yes

Al said #LeteciaStauch filed two burglary claims in 2019. She pointed to a hammer hanging from a string in the garage. She referred to it as a squatter but Al said no one was ever found.

In one of the 2019 break-in allegations, Al said an ammo can was dumped over and their room was a little messed up and Letecia said this was a sign someone broke into their house.

Al said she fired a gun out of a window well in their home on another occasion. He didn't find a bullet casing.

Al describing the multiple guns he kept in the home.

Al said #LeteciaStauch admitted to Al she made up the burglary claims in 2019. "She finally admitted to making up the claims to the break-ins."

In Al's mind, he says the made up break-ins were attempts at Letecia trying to manipulate him.

Al said Letecia suggested Gannon get into counseling. She made a claim he was coming after, and counseling may help with that. Additionally, she brought up that he was a mommas' boy and counseling would help with the separation from his biological mom.

Al said Letecia was closer to Laina than she was to Gannon. Al said he "absolutely does not" think Gannon "had it out" for Letecia.

Al said Letecia had conflicts with Principal at French Elementary school where Letecia worked. Al says Letecia would tell him she felt she was more educated than the principal.

Al says Letecia claimed she got injured at French Elementary school. That a bookshelf fell and hit her head. He didn't see signs of injury and thought it was another manipulation tactic.

Late 2019-2020 Al said Letecia was pursuing employment with Spirit Airlines. He says she went to Orlando for Spirit Airlines training after Christmas 2019 and it was a short trip.

Al's mom was in town for a week right before Gannon's disappearance and murder. Al said his mom stayed at the house when she visited. Al and Letecia were not getting along well during the visit.

Last time Al saw Gannon alive was January 25th. "Me and Gannon were at the top of the stairs and I ran my hands through my hair and I told him I love you like I always did.

Al says he remembers his last words shared with his son in person like it was yesterday. "You are always going to be in my heart and I will always be in your heart," Al said to Gannon. "He said I love you Dad and I am going to watch Pokemon."

Al said Letecia told her Gannon had threatened or came out her with a life. "I never saw threats out of Gannon, knife or no knife." This was right before Al got Gannon into counseling in 2019 after Letecia suggested it.

Al said Letecia wanted to "be like Kim Kardashian." "A good way to sum it up was she always wanted to live above her means.”

Al is talking about an extra large green suitcase they had in their storage. He says it's the same one he recognized in the photos under a bridge.

While talking about the suitcase, I'm looking at #LeteciaStauch on the feed. She's resting her face on her fist and rubbing her face.

We're hearing Letecia and Gannon on video. Letecia recording herself asking Gannon "Are you sure you didn't do it on purpose?" Gannon is crying in this recording and you can hear he is upset.

Al refers to that recording with Gannon heard crying. "Those are the last words I ever heard Gannon speak”

Al said Letecia texted him pictures on Monday, Jan 27th, 2020. Al describing the pictures showing Gannon in his bed that morning.

"There were a couple of things I noticed that were different." Al said his bed was pulled away from the wall and that was abnormal. He doesn't remember one of the blankets captured on Gannon's bed normally being there.

Prosecution playing video showing Gannon in Hawaii.

Al describing searching for Gannon.

Al said he heard there was a sighting of Gannon at a gas station. Al and Letecia went to that gas station and saw footage from gas station. It was not Gannon but another boy on the footage.

Al said he went around the French Elementary School parking lot three times to look if Letecia's car was there like she told him. He did not see that car.

"That was the key moment when I switched. She knows more than she's telling me." Al describing the moment he realized her car wasn't at French. He said he went to the Sheriff's office about it.

Al describing stories Leteica told him following Gannon's disappearance. Al said Letecia said she was raped and Gannon got burned by the rapist. Al said he asked Letecia "where is the bloody mess" and she said she cleaned it up because she got scared.

Al said he was directed to go to the FBI's office to give background history of his and Letecia's relationship. "From that it turned into pretext phone calls. I would get on a call with the defendant when I was in the FBI office and was given directions on what to say.”

On some of these recorded calls, Al said you can hear people whispering to him.

Some of the calls are long, DA Allen said ones' an hour and fifteen minutes. Judge says DA will admit them now and play some after lunch break.

Judge is sending jury on lunch break early. At 1:20 pm, he says that we will be hearing the recorded phone calls between #LeteciaStauch and Al, one after another.

Listening to the interview with Letecia and Al and I am furious. They told the police that Gannon has ADHD and sometimes they don’t give him his medicine and I think she said he hadn’t had it the two days before he disappeared. I have a son with ADHD and we always give him his medicine. There is no reason I can think of to NOT give a kid with ADHD medicine if they aren’t having side effects. With my son at least, when he isn’t on his medicine (it has happened a few times for a short period of time when the pharmacy doesn’t have it) he is very difficult to deal with, almost all day long. It’s difficult for him too - he is frustrated with his lack of attention and the constant communication/reprimands that we have to give. Gannon must have been miserable in his mind and couldn’t help himself calm down. IMO, if this is true I’m guessing it contributed to her building rage.

Families and prescribers go either way on the use of ADHD medication. I have had students who took their meds 7 days and others who take breaks on non-school days. They would have probably had a conversation with a provider about what works best, some families only want to medicate when they need to and see at home time as a time when they can adjust. The meds only stay in the system for the time the pharm. companies say, including time released and that information is well documented.

So summing up Leticia's part in this interview -- she made sure to let officers know that
he's got stomach issues, which he's embarrassed about, was behaviorally different on and off his meds, was a smoker, and was looking to try bath salts. She's like killing him twice.

I am back in court again for the seventh day of Letecia Stauch's trial, lead investigator and former EPCSO detective Jessica Bethel is the day's first witness, which Allen said yesterday should take up most of the morning. I'll be tweeting updates here as the day progresses.

First piece of evidence for the day is a recording of the Stauch's interview with law enforcement on Jan. 28, 2020, at a local Starbucks. Bethel testified that she wanted to conduct the interview at the Stauch's home, but that Letecia Stauch seemed "hesitant " to do that.

The interview was about an hour of Letecia and Al Stauch speaking with Bethel about how they believed Gannon had left to go play with a friend but never returned. “Only thing he sneaks is to play his games when he is grounded,” Al Stauch said to Bethel in the interview.

Al Stauch at one point mentions how “it came in my mind,” that Gannon’s mom was with a guy with “a lot of problems,” and that he could potentially be involved. Al Stauch mentioned this comment when he testified last week.

Al Stauch at one point mentions how “it came in my mind,” that Gannon’s mom was with a guy with “a lot of problems,” and that he could potentially be involved. Al Stauch mentioned this comment when he testified last week.

@NuttMegg,
My apologies for late post. Here is April 4th testimony.

https://twitter.com/FierroNicole

Court taking a break until 10:40 am.

COURT BACK

Al said there were sexual harassment claims that led Al and Letecia to move to Colorado from Alaska. Letecia raised sexual harassment claim based on a comment Al's captain made. Another sexual harassment claim based on a conversation a Colonial and Letecia had.

Al said Letecia informed the Alaska National Guard of a complaint with sexual harassment. Al said this caused issues within his unit and led to his eventual transfer from Alaska to Colorado.

Al said Letecia told him she was pregnant with twins while he was in Alaska. He said he's confident she never went to the doctor. She never had twins.

DA Allen: Did #LeteciaStauch tell you she was pregnant with twins Al: Yes sir DA Allen: Was that a form of manipulation? Al: Yes

Al said #LeteciaStauch filed two burglary claims in 2019. She pointed to a hammer hanging from a string in the garage. She referred to it as a squatter but Al said no one was ever found.

In one of the 2019 break-in allegations, Al said an ammo can was dumped over and their room was a little messed up and Letecia said this was a sign someone broke into their house.

Al said she fired a gun out of a window well in their home on another occasion. He didn't find a bullet casing.

Al describing the multiple guns he kept in the home.

Al said #LeteciaStauch admitted to Al she made up the burglary claims in 2019. "She finally admitted to making up the claims to the break-ins."

In Al's mind, he says the made up break-ins were attempts at Letecia trying to manipulate him.

Al said Letecia suggested Gannon get into counseling. She made a claim he was coming after, and counseling may help with that. Additionally, she brought up that he was a mommas' boy and counseling would help with the separation from his biological mom.

Al said Letecia was closer to Laina than she was to Gannon. Al said he "absolutely does not" think Gannon "had it out" for Letecia.

Al said Letecia had conflicts with Principal at French Elementary school where Letecia worked. Al says Letecia would tell him she felt she was more educated than the principal.

Al says Letecia claimed she got injured at French Elementary school. That a bookshelf fell and hit her head. He didn't see signs of injury and thought it was another manipulation tactic.

Late 2019-2020 Al said Letecia was pursuing employment with Spirit Airlines. He says she went to Orlando for Spirit Airlines training after Christmas 2019 and it was a short trip.

Al's mom was in town for a week right before Gannon's disappearance and murder. Al said his mom stayed at the house when she visited. Al and Letecia were not getting along well during the visit.

Last time Al saw Gannon alive was January 25th. "Me and Gannon were at the top of the stairs and I ran my hands through my hair and I told him I love you like I always did.

Al says he remembers his last words shared with his son in person like it was yesterday. "You are always going to be in my heart and I will always be in your heart," Al said to Gannon. "He said I love you Dad and I am going to watch Pokemon."

Al said Letecia told her Gannon had threatened or came out her with a life. "I never saw threats out of Gannon, knife or no knife." This was right before Al got Gannon into counseling in 2019 after Letecia suggested it.

Al said Letecia wanted to "be like Kim Kardashian." "A good way to sum it up was she always wanted to live above her means.”

Al is talking about an extra large green suitcase they had in their storage. He says it's the same one he recognized in the photos under a bridge.

While talking about the suitcase, I'm looking at #LeteciaStauch on the feed. She's resting her face on her fist and rubbing her face.

We're hearing Letecia and Gannon on video. Letecia recording herself asking Gannon "Are you sure you didn't do it on purpose?" Gannon is crying in this recording and you can hear he is upset.

Al refers to that recording with Gannon heard crying. "Those are the last words I ever heard Gannon speak”

Al said Letecia texted him pictures on Monday, Jan 27th, 2020. Al describing the pictures showing Gannon in his bed that morning.

"There were a couple of things I noticed that were different." Al said his bed was pulled away from the wall and that was abnormal. He doesn't remember one of the blankets captured on Gannon's bed normally being there.

Prosecution playing video showing Gannon in Hawaii.

Al describing searching for Gannon.

Al said he heard there was a sighting of Gannon at a gas station. Al and Letecia went to that gas station and saw footage from gas station. It was not Gannon but another boy on the footage.

Al said he went around the French Elementary School parking lot three times to look if Letecia's car was there like she told him. He did not see that car.

"That was the key moment when I switched. She knows more than she's telling me." Al describing the moment he realized her car wasn't at French. He said he went to the Sheriff's office about it.

Al describing stories Leteica told him following Gannon's disappearance. Al said Letecia said she was raped and Gannon got burned by the rapist. Al said he asked Letecia "where is the bloody mess" and she said she cleaned it up because she got scared.

Al said he was directed to go to the FBI's office to give background history of his and Letecia's relationship. "From that it turned into pretext phone calls. I would get on a call with the defendant when I was in the FBI office and was given directions on what to say.”

On some of these recorded calls, Al said you can hear people whispering to him.

Some of the calls are long, DA Allen said ones' an hour and fifteen minutes. Judge says DA will admit them now and play some after lunch break.

Judge is sending jury on lunch break early. At 1:20 pm, he says that we will be hearing the recorded phone calls between #LeteciaStauch and Al, one after another.
Thanks so much.

https://twitter.com/AshleyPorteeyo

Day 7 of the murder trial for #LeteciaStauch is resuming now. I'll be in the courtroom with updates throughout the day.

The first witness to be called to the stand this morning is Jessica Bethel. In January 2020, she was assigned to Gannon Stauch’s case as the lead detective from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

Bethel testified saying, “Initially this case was receiving a lot of attention on social media. The case quickly grew to a multi-agency case.” She said at least 10 agencies, both local and federal, got involved.

Bethel said, “The suspect providing alternate leads, multiple stories of what happened, ultimately influenced how we proceeded with the case.”

Bethel said she contacted Letecia early on in the investigation to speak to her about Gannon’s disappearance, preferably at the Stauch’s home so detectives could look for clues or anything missing.

She said Letecia did not agree to allow her to go to the home because Letecia said there were young children in the home, and she didn’t want them to overhear what they were talking about.

Letecia offered to meet at a Starbucks in Fountain. Bethel said at first, Letecia was hesitant to talk to detectives, and “was apprehensive at best.”

We’re now listening to the first interview Letecia had with detectives, which was on January 29, two days after Gannon's disappearance. Her then husband, and Gannon’s father, Al, was also part of the interview.

During the interview, Letecia and Al are talking about what school Gannon went to, friends in the neighborhood that Gannon played with, and how he went to a friend’s house but never came home.

Letecia described about what they did on Sunday, January 26, one day before Gannon’s disappearance. She said they went hiking at Garden of the Gods, and Gannon said his stomach was hurting so he stayed home from school on Monday. Letecia took off work to stay with him.

Letecia said on Monday, they went and got food and went to Petco, while Gannon stayed in the car because he wasn’t feeling well.

At one point, Letecia and Al both said Gannon texted Al, “do we have bath salts?” Letecia said Gannon asked for bath salts the day before, so Letecia said she gave him a bath bomb.

During the interview Al said it’s common for Gannon to go play with friends and take his Nintendo Switch, but he was never gone long. At one point Al said, “I’m pretty convinced that something bad…”

Al said everything was consistent with Gannon going to play at a friend’s house. He said Gannon took his Nintendo Switch, had his playing shoes on, etc.

Al said, “I know every parent says this, but he’s a pretty straight kid… He does his chores, makes straight A’s, kind hearted.”

Al said after he got custody of Gannon, he took Gannon to counseling to make sure he was okay. He said, “He was going through normal emotions of missing his mom.” Al said the counselor never bought up anything concerning or alarming.

Al said when he got the text message from Gannon asking about bath salts so he could take them to a friend’s house, he called Letecia. “After the bath salts, I said go check his book bag,” Al then added, “They found a two pack of those little swisher sweets.”

LS talking about how she doesn't know [friend's] age, hasn't even spoken to parents.

AS gives detailed information to get to [friend's] house from their house.

Information about second friend comes from AS too. And school info.

Witness says they're going to go and talk to [friend]. Other LE is working leads in the field. Witness says she will let them know if they find anything, urges them to contact her if anything comes up.

Morning break now. Whoa, that was difficult. My brain is fried.

I think I remember her posting in one of the fb groups, when someone asked her about friends etc, and she said that "I don't do all that, I don't have that information, that was all Albert's thing, not mine. Which is an odd attitude to have when you are essentially the primary carer, and makes quite the mockery of her defence trying to make that big thing on cross with Al about her being granted legal custody as well as him, and how trustworthy and involved she was with the kids!. JMO

Families and prescribers go either way on the use of ADHD medication. I have had students who took their meds 7 days and others who take breaks on non-school days. They would have probably had a conversation with a provider about what works best, some families only want to medicate when they need to and see at home time as a time when they can adjust. The meds only stay in the system for the time the pharm. companies say, including time released and that information is well documented.
This is true, thank you for pointing that out. His doctor has told us we can take breaks if we want to. Maybe I’m just being overly critical, but I doubt Letecia did it because of any recommendation from his doctor. JMO though, and maybe she was following doctor’s orders and being a good mom for the only time in her life.

I think I remember her posting in one of the fb groups, when someone asked her about friends etc, and she said that "I don't do all that, I don't have that information, that was all Albert's thing, not mine. Which is an odd attitude to have when you are essentially the primary carer, and makes quite the mockery of her defence trying to make that big thing on cross with Al about her being granted legal custody as well as him, and how trustworthy and involved she was with the kids!. JMO
Her attitude just screams, "They're not MY kids!"

"I don't do all that." She's a real piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member