CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s difficult to watch. I’m feeling it too, she reminds me of my late grandmother. I wish he could be a bit gentler.

But maybe it’s necessary in order to bring Justice for Gannon.
He can't be. This isn't a Saturday morning social at a church. It's about Gannon's life, and as much as I hate to say it, it's about LS's life.

If she's putting herself out there as an expert witness, she MUST be held to the same standard as every other expert witness. The legal system depends on it.

MOO

Back in 1984, I guess Dr. Lewis had a patient, and she talked to kids in the patient's neighborhood, and they said that patient sometimes sounded like a man and wanted to be called Billy. This is story telling hour, Folks.

1683065094385.png Letecia's thinking, "I should've had a Billy on my crew".

IMO - The defense team either :

1. Don't believe in any way, shape or form that LS was ever "insane" in a legal sense,

2. Are totally incompetent,

3. Are under LS coercive (or other) control.

These are the only logical reasons why they would CANCEL testing that could've ensured that their client had the best chance at proving her insanity.
It's not just a case of forgetting to order said tests bc of a lack of time/scheduling opportunities. They've had the best part of 3 years!!

Is it possible defense withdrew the motion for EEG/MRI because if done they would become part of the record? IOW was there some doubt about the notion that Letecia actually suffered from brain damage or trauma?

It’s sad to see what appears to be the decline of the witness’s career but at the same time if her theories are flawed it’s imperative to bring it to light. That’s how the scientific method works.
It’s not sad because she can destroy lives by not knowing her craft anymore. Sometimes you gotta know when to fold em.

Mr Young has been quite bullish with his own witnesses too tbf, but this is hard to watch. I feel like he could make his point without humiliating the witness.
I think he's doing a fantastic job showing the jury why this witness is not at all reliable.
This is flipping painful to listen to, this woman shouldn't be doing this and I feel bad for her.

Ok I get all of you saying the prosecution should be softer on her but hear me out. She CHOSE to take this case. She is CHOOSING to be paid for this. She testified that she has testified before. She knew full well that she would be open to cross examination and what that might entail.

I don't feel sorry for her one bit and I do not think the jury will either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe