VERDICT WATCH CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...18 times, 18 times she took a knife, stabbed him. It's not psychotic it is strategic. The stab wounds are to his chest, as Gannon's fighting the stab wounds are to his back. But it's not just the stab wounds...4 separate strikes to his head, wasn't good enough for her."

"...18 times, 18 times she took a knife, stabbed him. It's not psychotic it is strategic. The stab wounds are to his chest, as Gannon's fighting the stab wounds are to his back. But it's not just the stab wounds...4 separate strikes to his head, wasn't good enough for her.”

Talks about the bullets found in Gannon and pillow and now is showing map of the area of the bridge Gannon's body was found under in Pensacola, FL.

That's funny and I'm glad I'm not the only one wrapped up in this! Last night I was outside checking the bird feeders and I swore I heard Judge Werner's voice. Mind you, we live in the country so we don't have neighbors that close. I never would admit this anywhere but here in fear of people thinking I've lost it! :D

EBM...typos
You might need the infamous Dr. Lewis to perform an evaluation. Lol!

https://twitter.com/AshleyPorteeyo

Closing arguments in the murder trial for #LeteciaStauch are underway.

Prosecutor Dave Young said it’s been a long trial and jurors have sat through a lot of evidence. “I want to say thank you for that. You guys have been very attentive. You’ve asked some very good questions that I’m going to use in my closing argument,” said Young.

"Gannon’s been in a box for the whole trial. This is what the trial should be about. I’m not doing this to get sympathy from you. I’m doing this to tell you what Gannon had to tell you through this trial through the autopsy is all you need to know," said Young.

Young asked, "If his body wasn’t found in Florida, do you think we’d be talking about insanity in this trial?"

Jurors are now looking at the autopsy report of Gannon Stauch.

“Just by looking at these injuries what does that tell you? Gannon was defending himself, he was fighting off. Despite having hydrocodone in his system, despite being lethargic. He was able to fight her off… 18 times she took a knife and stabbed him," said Young.

"As Gannon is fighting, the stab wounds are to his back. But it’s not just the stab wounds. She has to use judgment and reflection to get another weapon. What that weapon was, who knows. But she got another weapon and hit him in the skull several times," said Young.

“Why do they drive all the way from Decatur in one night and drive to Florida? Why did she want to get to Florida? The Gulf of Mexico,” said Young.

Young asked, “Does she think there’s water underneath the bridge? Is that logical thinking when you cross the bridge and can’t see anything… She gets rid of the body. Does she ever think the body is going to be found again?”

Young talked about Macon Ponder, the bridge inspector who found the suitcase in Florida. “They dump it out and see the most horrific thing they’ve probably seen in their lives, Gannon’s body in a fetal position… Wearing the same clothes he’s wearing when she killed him."

I’m feeling pretty anxious but also confident that the jury will come back with a guilty verdict.

I feel so awful for Gannon’s family for having to sit through Dr. L’s testimony. It’s really such an insult to them that this is all the defense had, and it certainly didn’t provide any answers to anything.

(MOO)

I hope the jury is doing alright, too. This has all probably been deeply disturbing for them.
Going to be an anxious day. I'm having flash backs from the Casey Anthony verdict. Somebody slap me out of it.

They think he was drugged, probably before the car ride, then, I'm guessing because of his lethargy on the surveillance video.

MOO
My guess would be she drugged him after she burned him the night before.
Likely to knock him out and shut him up, since he was likely in a heck of a lot of pain.
Then likely drugged him again in the morning.

https://twitter.com/ZachNDupont

Jury is back in court, defense has just rested its case.

Judge is now reviewing jury instructions, Stauch is still reading something on a laptop as Werner goes through the instructions.

Jury instructions complete, quick break and then we are moving on to closing arguments.

Prosecution closing argument underway, Dave Young will be presenting.

In a homicide case, "you spend a lot of time talking about the defendant… I want to come back to Gannon," Young states to start closings.

“We know his body was found in Florida, if it wasn’t found in Florida do you think we would be talking about insanity," Young said. "Think about the divine intervention of Gannon's body even being found.”

Young now showing the jury Gannon's autopsy diagram to the jury "because his injuries are relevant,” not just for charges but for her “state of mind" at the time she allegedly killed Gannon.

“It’s not psychotic, it’s strategic," Young said about the 18 stab wounds Gannon suffered at the hands of Stauch, allegedly.

“If you lose your temper, you don’t get to claim insanity,” Young said. “We’re humans, we have emotions.”

Young is now refrencing how none of Stauch's family, Harley Hunt, Al Stauch and Dakota Lowery, all testified that Stauch did not suffer from a severe mental illness "You think (they) wouldn't have noticed something," Young said.

Referencing**.

Young now referencing how the defense’s own witness, Dr. Ronda Niederhauser, testified that she didn’t think Stauch was suffering from any severe psychosis when they met in December 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper