CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So very obvious...

Sheesh. The jury foreman is going to need a day just to sign all of those forms. Hopefully, they have already started on that task.

again sooo agree---this isn't that hard! (jmo )

I hate verdict watch---especially when its so obvious.....:blushing:
I think we'll be on VW more than a day. Based on the jury's requests, sounds like they want to be thorough and examine the evidence. Having said that, a verdict tomorrow (Thursday) would not come as a surprise knowing jurors have Friday off with long weekend.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman [video=twitter;621369918882054144]https://twitter.com/larryryckman/status/621369918882054144[/video] Samour: Any guide or index we might provide would include descriptions. Judge says there might be disagreement. #theatershooting

I don't understand. They have a guide/index but it includes descriptions. Well, isn't that what they need? Descriptions of the exhibits? Anyone?

Yes, I have heard this request from many juries within the 1 hrs. of deliberations. I still don't understand won't give because of 'descriptions'.
It may take a while for them to go thru everything before they find what they need. UGH.

The sample forms say:

Murder in the first degree - after deliberation
Murder in the first degree - extreme indifference
Attempt to commit Murder in the first degree - after deliberation
Attempt to commit Murder in the first degree - extreme indifference

So the first 24 counts are for the deceased and the next 116 are for the injured.

Deliberation and Premeditation
Whether a killer acted with the deliberation and premeditation required for first degree murder can only be determined on a case by case basis. The need for deliberation and premeditation does not mean that the perpetrator must contemplate at length or plan far ahead of the murder. Time enough to form the conscious intent to kill and then act on it after enough time for a reasonable person to second guess the decision typically suffices. While this can happen very quickly, deliberation and premeditation must occur before, and not at the same time as, the act of killing. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/first-degree-murder-overview.html#sthash.ZKvrg9Zt.dpuf

Hope that helps.

ETA: I meant to quote Maisie. Not sure what happened.

I'm really confused. Those verdict options don't match what are on this page which was posted upthread:

http://extras.denverpost.com/app/trial-results/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So very obvious...

Sheesh. The jury foreman is going to need a day just to sign all of those forms. Hopefully, they have already started on that task.

Well, when we hear a jury question asking for a hand bath for the jury foreperson due to writer's cramping..We will know then that they've been on task to get those forms signed, sealed and to be delivered soon!!

:happydance:

I copied them off of the sample forms. However, I believe they mean the same thing. If you deliberate and then shoot someone anyways after thinking about it? That's intent.

yes, that's right. I realized it after I posted back to Maisie. I guess I thought they should use wording that the verdict forms say. KWIM?

I understand. So if someone murders with intent/deliberation does that mean a specific person or just a random person?

Colorado Matters ‏@ColoradoMatters · 2m2 minutes ago
My views on the #deathpenalty have changed throughout the course of this trial, says #theatershooting victim's mom @mamaredfield

Mine, too. I was totally against it until I read, Helter Skelter. Now, I would certainly consider it if I were on a jury.

That poor mother -- SMH -- if her daughter or son was murdered in this horror, then there is nothing left for her but grief and then, eventually I hope, the wonderful memories will replace the grief. But there will always be an empty place ripped out of her, I feel sure. The murderer doesn't deserve one minute of good memories. Just blackness and nothingness. JMHO.

I understand. So if someone murders with intent/deliberation does that mean a specific person or just a random person?

Maisie..First degree murder with intent as charged with a name attached is ONLY because his intent to kill resulted in that murder of that person. It does NOT mean that JH was intent to murder that Specific (murder) person!

He is charged because of the fact his actions caused that murder..His deliberations and ability to make an informed decision to commit that murder is the charge. You are maybe confusing this with cases when a person planned, deliberated and put into action to kill his spouse or hhis manager, or boss, or his perceived enemy such as a lawyer or judge who put them in jail...

THIS case is based on JH's actions in preparing, planning to KILL for his personal reason's is no different.. Yikes..I kind of went on bit there..Sorry :blushing:

She's the "cute" one -- just hop-hop-hopping around the tables over there.

And she seems to like the court deputy.....

(Is that what you call the police type person who sits near her?)

One detail that GB included in his closing that I really appreciated was JH putting multiple air fresheners in his apartment to cover the smell of gasoline.

When I heard that, it just really jumped out at me as an action that shows that the person is aware of the effect of his actions on others.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 9m9 minutes ago
All quiet with the #theatershooting jury

One detail that GB included in his closing that I really appreciated was JH putting multiple air fresheners in his apartment to cover the smell of gasoline.

When I heard that, it just really jumped out at me as an action that shows that the person is aware of the effect of his actions on others.

I mentioned this the first time--I never ever thought one could make napalm. Never even entered my mind, I always thought it was made only in some dark scientific lab of some kind or another-

He planned this thru and thru. That gasoline would have given me a migraine big time--I'm very sensitive to different smells and there are those....

Found one place for text alert for general Denver breaking news from their CBS station: http://denver.cbslocal.com/text-alerts/

I plan to sign up for two or three; with the Arias case, I got the text alert 'verdict in' from one station about an hours after the verdict had been read.,

Well, when we hear a jury question asking for a hand bath for the jury foreperson due to writer's cramping..We will know then that they've been on task to get those forms signed, sealed and to be delivered soon!!

:happydance:

When I first read this, I read "hand BAG"---so then thought about when the shooter was being questioned and they used the hand bags on him--I was thinking that perhaps they wanted to play puppets...

When I first read this, I read "hand BAG"---so then thought about when the shooter was being questioned and they used the hand bags on him--I was thinking that perhaps they wanted to play puppets...

Perhaps the alternate's will resort to that hand-puppet playing IF the deliberating jury takes too long!! Heee Heee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth