CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we will hear from the defense.. on why JH should get LWOP rather than the DP. We will here from The Prosecution on why he Should get DP. We will here from Family and friends from both defense and Prosecution and then I think we move into Deliberations and the sentencing. They are saying this could take about a Month

What are the usual reasons for getting death?

Monday and Tuesday are 'off' for the jurors, 'on' for the judge and lawyers. Tuesday they'll be taking a video taped deposition for one defense witness. I assume the rest of the two days are the usual motions, scheduling, arguments regarding jury instructions, etc etc etc.

I've read the next phases could take up to a month. Still have a ways to go.

horrific manner of death with suffering, extreme cruelty, no remorse. a few off the top of my head.

oh yeah, multiple people killed, torture, killing of children

Please remember to link everyone when quoting MSM for copyright reasons.

Thankyou

From the New York Post, just now:

During the sentencing phase, Holmes’ attorneys will present so-called mitigating factors that they hope will save his life. Those will probably include more evidence of mental illness and a sympathetic portrayal of his childhood. Prosecutors will present so-called aggravating factors in support of the death penalty, including the large number of victims.

My daughter in law is an attorney in Denver. Loves this judge. Was very disappointed that he was assigned to this case. She said for selfish reasons. Proud of my fellow Coloradoans

I am very thankful for this guilty verdict.

***O/T ...... Is there a thread on websleuths that is for discussing mental illness in general? Not related to this case, but just in general. I noticed several people posting very insightful information regarding mental illness. I am personally dealing with mental illness in my family and I would like to be able to have discussions regarding all sorts of mental illness information. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Statement from Gov. Hickenlooper on today's verdict in the theater shooting trial:

"This has been an emotional and difficult time for the victims, their families, loved ones and friends. My hope is that this step brings some peace to each of them, and begins the healing process for all of Colorado. We have great respect for the work of the jury and are so grateful for their service and commitment."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live

News7

44 minutes ago

Statement from Aurora Mayor Steve Hogan

“This trial has been emotional and difficult for all involved, as well as the entire Aurora community. So many people have served an incredibly important role in getting to this point in time. We appreciate and support the families and the victims for the courage and strength they have shown throughout this difficult process. Our thoughts are always with you.
We thank the first responders for their selfless service and for the testimony they provided in the interest of justice.
And finally, we thank the jurors for their thoughtful consideration and deliberation in this extremely trying case.
As a community, Aurora stands strong and we hope this is one more step in the healing process.”

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live

News7

Sorry Coldpizza.. Mine were from The Live Link.. Forgot to copy the link. Got caught up in all the excitement!
lol

I know..You are correct..BUT JH lived among other's since he was young..He was quite capable to conforming..but stated in interviews he always felt uncomfortable ( not fearful) just uncomfortable ALL NOT taking medications...Just maybe he might be able to "BOND" with those similar to himself???

I'm of a split mind on this..balancing safety always!!

You can read about it. JH is now a convicted mass murderer and baby killer. For the safety of the other inmates he will be in solitary. He is a huge RISK. That's why he was alone in jail too. Don't think he wants to be near others either. Most inmates want a cell by themselves. My schizoaffective son is serving 8 years in prison for a bunch of stupid stuff that added up here in Cali (never hurt anyone) thank goodness they lowered his 5 strikes otherwise LWOP. We have that stupid 3 strike law. Hard for MI people to conform to many laws when they go on and off of meds.

Tom Sullivan said he wants to revoke JH's privileges in Colorado, so he can't breathe the sweet air we Coloradans do.

Now Jessica Ghawi's mother and father... thanking #nonotoriety

You can read about it. JH is now a convicted mass murderer and baby killer. For the safety of the other inmates he will be in solitary. He is a huge RISK. That's why he was alone in jail too. Don't think he wants to be near others either. Most inmates want a cell by themselves. My schizoaffective son is serving 8 years in prison for a bunch of stupid stuff that added up here in Cali (never hurt anyone) thank goodness they lowered his 5 strikes otherwise LWOP. We have that stupid 3 strike law. Hard for MI people to conform to many laws when they go on and off of meds.

I feel your pain...Those MI who don't harm other's really should be not treated the same as any killer or mass killer..TWO different animals....

JH needs to be treated, yes..BUT not pampered ..JH was the one who knowingly hurt/killed soooo many people and knew what he was doing..99% of MI folk would rather hurt themselves than others..Simple math!!

YOUR son never did any such thing..Please try and NOT equate the two...MI has been an excuse for far too many cases...MI patient's , like 99% never hurt a soul!! But somehow this idiot uses his ability to paint himself as something many even here understand..yet his behaviour actually ( which jury understood) had NOTHING to to with his abiity to know Right from Wrong....

MI folks need to be helped..supported and it ain't easy!! because they do don't KNOW things that JH did..no comparison...:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3