CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I got from it is that it wasn't a regular class with homework and grades....a textbook that he could follow. This was working in a lab developing an experiment and it was all on him. He had to come up with his own ideas, implement, communicate...not where he has his academic strengths. Dr V said his concepts weren't very strong.....that says to me he didn't have an instinct for the "craft". He has proven how creative he can be when the subject truly interests him.... I think it might be a case of ..... I'm following in my dad's footsteps but I really don't have a passion for the subject.

Could this be associated, maybe, with his lack of critical thinking skills?

I thought today was a very interesting day! good nite, all

Could this be associated, maybe, with his lack of critical thinking skills?

I don't know...it just seems he was very creative with his booby traps...maybe he picked up tricks from others online? The trip wire, RC car, loud music to attract people....maybe these are things he read about and copied.

I've worked on projects with a Principal Investigator (PI - the lab guys who didn't want him) You have to be able to speak to other people and work together occasionally. You can't just lock yourself in your office and refuse to interact. I have no doubt that he has a mental illness that made him isolated. It's possible he really disliked other people....All other people

i felt like a pop tart (thinking of judge belvin perry) this afternoon i was in and out of court so often.....:hilarious:

interesting testimony overall.........looking forward to tomorrow.....night fellow seekers of justice :seeya:

oh and i'm excited we are going to get the transcript from the interview! that will be enlightening......:websleuther:

night all :eek:fftobed:

Watching and wish the camera would zoom in on the person testifying. The view is so far back, its hard to see peoples faces.

I maybe watching a tape or something. It says live but not sure.

I appreciate all of the tweets and comments from everyone. I don't post often, but I do read all the posts. I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with reading the posts and then the posts jumps all around on this thread? It is frustrating the heck out of me, but I don't know if it is my laptop or something on Websleuths.

I appreciate all of the tweets and comments from everyone. I don't post often, but I do read all the posts. I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with reading the posts and then the posts jumps all around on this thread? It is frustrating the heck out of me, but I don't know if it is my laptop or something on Websleuths.

Mine is OK. I am not on a phone though. I am on laptop.

I did have some trouble the other day when I tried to view at 150% so what I do now is to login to WS with 100% and then increase it to 150 after I am on the page I want to be on.

No problems with posts jumping around for me.

Watching and wish the camera would zoom in on the person testifying. The view is so far back, its hard to see peoples faces.

I maybe watching a tape or something. It says live but not sure.

The camera is fixed and cannot be moved nor zoomed per order of court. Please don't ask me for a link. I did read that in a news story.

Thank you for answering. I will try to lower the view percentage and see if that helps. Sorry I was responding to Chelly and didn't put the quote in.

I don't know...it just seems he was very creative with his booby traps...maybe he picked up tricks from others online? The trip wire, RC car, loud music to attract people....maybe these are things he read about and copied. Agreed.

I've worked on projects with a Principal Investigator (PI - the lab guys who didn't want him) You have to be able to speak to other people and work together occasionally. You can't just lock yourself in your office and refuse to interact. I have no doubt that he has a mental illness that made him isolated. It's possible he really disliked other people....All other people

Sounds like he had a soft spot for children tho. He's quite the specimen. Highly intelligent yet socially handicapped. I've considered Aspergers but there's something else going on there with him. Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook massacre) involved the shooting of 20 elementary school children. He had Aspergers.

I hope we find out the why here.

Sounds like he had a soft spot for children tho. He's quite the specimen. Highly intelligent yet socially handicapped. I've considered Aspergers but there's something else going on there with him. Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook massacre) involved the shooting of 20 elementary school children. He had Aspergers.

I hope we find out the why here.
i'm afraid he has no soft spot when it comes to children :(......any inquiry he made during the interview about if any children were hurt was made for another reason entirely......he thought they had a higher "value" in that they had more living to do......

i'm probably not phrasing this correctly......let's say you are playing a video game, the "child kill" would be worth more points than the "adult kill"as they are more "valuable".....as sick as it sounds......it was a viewpoint he covered in his notebook and was discussed i believe during opening statements.......

i'm afraid he has no soft spot when it comes to children :(......any inquiry he made during the interview about if any children were hurt was made for another reason entirely......he thought they had a higher "value" in that they had more living to do......

i'm probably not phrasing this correctly......let's say you are playing a video game, the "child kill" would be worth more points than the "adult kill"as they are more "valuable".....as sick as it sounds......it was a viewpoint he covered in his notebook and was discussed i believe during opening statements.......

That is truly sick and disgusts me like nothing in this world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I 'got' it with your first para.:) Very interesting.....this had not occurred to me. I was unaware of his notebook and missed it in the opening.:doh:

Thanks very much!

Just some ramblings.

Its interesting how this witness is saying he was good on paper which I take to mean his grades were good.

Did JH already have a BS degree?

If so, then I wonder if he had trouble passing a certain graduate school class or 2 that was required?
It seems I recall it was previously stated that he started to struggle in grad school.

Maybe it was a couple of his required courses that he had to pass for the graduate degree he was pursuing and maybe it was the first time he struggled with grades.

Just wondering if it may have contributed to his mental instability?

It would be traumatic if you were pursuing a certain degree and had to have certain classes and realized you could not get a passing grade on them.

There are certain courses that must be taken.

Sometimes you run into a course or a teacher that seems impossible to pass because of the way they go about it the course.

I once took a course and I studied like all the others and when I saw the first test I could not believe what I was seeing. It was like a different language and even though I attended class each day and took notes I realized there was no way I was going to pass that test.

I had to drop the course and take it the following semester and then once i learned how that professor handled the tests, I had to prepare for it a whole different way. I barely passed the class .

Just wondering if JH ran into trouble with his classes like that. Maybe he was never in that situation before and he could not handle the stress of not being able to pass the courses he needed.

If so, it surely wasnt the only thing that threw him over the edge.

He seemed the type of person that had multiple issues going on.
Girlfriend issues too and that could have been traumatic as well.

Maybe a combination of things put him over the edge.

That's interesting what you write here. When my sister was completing her PhD..just before testing..she had a MAJOR breakdown. Trying to cram for her testing and worried about her dissertation she just lost it. She completely destroyed her apartment..chopped ALL of her hair off and cut her body.. arms..legs..thighs..hands. Big gashes everywhere. She was mentally broken. She was actually committed for about a month.
I've heard these PhD hopefuls can sometimes break under the enormous amount of stress and pressure to finish.
That was a year ago. She continues now on medication but DID finish school and passed her testing.
I don't know if JH was as far along as my sister in his degrees but.. I can see where one can lose it with so much to complete and such high expectations.
THIS I have seen with my own eyes. Of course my sister only tried to hurt herself.

Thank you SO much for the tweets everyone. It is so much quicker to catch up this way than it is trying to watch the videos or back tracking on the live stream. SO appreciate it.. Always!! :tyou:

Thank you SO much for the tweets everyone. It is so much quicker to catch up this way than it is trying to watch the videos or back tracking on the live stream. SO appreciate it.. Always!! :tyou:
i agree, i can read what i miss here much faster.........hey, isn't it past your bedtime? we have court early in the morning :D

i agree, i can read what i miss here much faster.........hey, isn't it past your bedtime? we have court early in the morning :D

LOL.. It IS past my bedtime! Have a Lovely Night Queenie!! :bee:
See you in the morning! = )

Thank God for this thread! I just knocked out a full day in about 2 hours lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member