CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She still won't write to him? Maybe on his birthday and Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago  Longmont, CO
In questioning of sister, defense again emphasizes that #theatershooting gunman was "not a sore loser."

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

He wasn’t a sore loser. Not selfish, self-centered. He never wanted to be center of attention & kept feeling to self

I agree---or something no one wants to fess up to--I find it hard to believe that they are portraying this like a long lost family reunion instead of reality---he murdered people and injured soooooo many more! disgusting -- but I get it

I understand too, but I can't imagine what the victims are feeling...good family memories by her, & giggling about them.
While she, her family have loss, it is not compared to what the victims/survivor's lost! IMO

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Wants to help JH - especially after her parents pass away. He’s still her brother, and she still loves him. (Cries

Chris never thought her brother was mentally ill when they were growing up, but she didn't know about mental illness. #theatershooting

"i still love him," a tearful Chris Holmes said as the defense concludes its questioning. No questions from prosecution. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 42s43 seconds ago
#TheaterShooting jury question for Holmes' sister: How are Holmes' eyes different now? A: Main difference is they were bulging

Channel 2 Daybreak ‏@ch2daybreak · 1m1 minute ago
Defense's direct exam. of Holmes' sister ends in tears. #TheaterShooting DA won't cross. Jury questions now. Live: http://kwgn.com/live

I'm convinced that something happened between Holmes and his sister to alienate them. They really have had no contract for years. Certainly whatever it was won't come out in this trial.

I really feel bad for Chris..however..I do NOT believe her when she says she still loves him..She should have clarified or included..Disappointed and aghast he could even do such a thing! But she didn't which leaves me to believe she was NOT forth coming to this jury....
I know I would have clarified IF I had to testify against my brother..I also told (preached to my own children)..I would never lie for them IF I ever got asked what I knew or how I viewed what I feel about what they did...

If I was Chris,..you wanna bet they would never have called me to that stand to lie by omission of the full truth!! :truce:

Does anyone else think the sister might have gotten more attention from their parents than the shooter did?

Oh I don't buy this ! Time to say bye bye.

I understand too, but I can't imagine what the victims are feeling...good family memories by her, & giggling about them.
While she, her family have loss, it is not compared to what the victims/survivor's lost! IMO

Which is exactly what Mr. Brauchler will remind them of.

Does anyone else think the sister might have gotten more attention from their parents than the shooter did?

I think he was the star for 5 years then she came along. There are problems for sure. I think it unfair for the defense to display pictures of "jimmy" and his family for so long, when the poor victims barely were on the screen before they were removed.

NO Maisie..Children may feel that way..BUT parent's have to treat each child differently depending on behaviours....Given the history we have heard by friends of parents and Chris..i don't believe what you suggested for a minute!!

J. always hid his thought..acted within normal limits ( mostly) and age appropriate behaviours..Yet it's a common complaint by siblings..You love so and so more than me..Happens all the time..and no doubt you yourself have heard it from your own children..

I'm convinced that something happened between Holmes and his sister to alienate them. They really have had no contract for years. Certainly whatever it was won't come out in this trial.

I absolutely agree with you. Something clearly happened that affected their close relationship. I wish I knew it was.

NO Maisie..Children may feel that way..BUT parent's have to treat each child differently depending on behaviours....Given the history we have heard by friends of parents and Chris..i don't believe what you suggested for a minute!!

J. always hid his thought..acted within normal limits ( mostly) and age appropriate behaviours..Yet it's a common complaint by siblings..You love so and so more than me..Happens all the time..and no doubt you yourself have heard it from your own children..

I've never heard that from my children. My youngest sister was treated very differently by my mother. She even admits this now we are older.

I agree that parents should treat their children equally. It doesn't mean it is always the case.

I've never heard that from my children. My youngest sister was treated very differently by my mother. She even admits this now we are older.

I agree that parents should treat their children equally. It doesn't mean it is always the case.

My husbands mom always wanted girls--she got boys--and made it obvious!-When we found out I was having twins when asked if we wanted boy or girl-she yelled GIRLS---

But she will visit---she will take over when mom and dad die.....

Wow! So she will not visit till then? Do we know how old the parents are? She clearly thinks he will get LWOP. Or still be sitting on death row when they pass away.

I feel badly for the sister (did the judge say she was under subpeona?) - she didn't kill all those people, and didn't create this situation. I'm sure she loves her brother, and probably has conflicting feelings about him now.
That being said, her answers sounded coached, such as why she had never written - (loving support really can't be used against JH by the prosecution) - maybe she had strong feelings about the crime, or maybe she just doesn't like to write, but the prosecution isn't really the cause.
I understand why there was no cross, but it would have been interesting. Especially if she was asked about 'Jimmy' always being a good sport, but hitting her in the face during basketball game when she was little.
Or why she never suspected JH was mentally ill because she doesn't know anything about mental illness, but it was clear that her aunt was mentally ill - inconsistency there.
Nevertheless, I feel bad for her - I don't think she wanted to be there, IMO, JMO

Actually that's not what I really said Maisie..Parental treatments depend on behaviours by individual child..Some children demand more intervention than other's..some are more outgoing..thus get caught in behaviour the reserved child doesn't...Has nothing to do with favourtism at all..Any adult will appear to favour any child who behaves..talks respectfully and acts all demure etc...That's called "Path of least resistance"...

I've been challenged by both children on different levels..thus had to treat each separately according to their behaviour and consequences of it..Both loved ( but behaviours NOT condoned)...yet both learned from the other's consequences....

Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles different story..The deal spontaneously to events..thus gives appearance of favouritism....It's an age old story really..LOL

I feel badly for the sister (did the judge say she was under subpeona?) - she didn't kill all those people, and didn't create this situation. I'm sure she loves her brother, and probably has conflicting feelings about him now.
That being said, her answers sounded coached, such as why she had never written - (loving support really can't be used against JH by the prosecution) - maybe she had strong feelings about the crime, or maybe she just doesn't like to write, but the prosecution isn't really the cause.
I understand why there was no cross, but it would have been interesting. Especially if she was asked about 'Jimmy' always being a good sport, but hitting her in the face during basketball game when she was little.
Or why she never suspected JH was mentally ill because she doesn't know anything about mental illness, but it was clear that her aunt was mentally ill - inconsistency there.
Nevertheless, I feel bad for her - I don't think she wanted to be there, IMO, JMO

They also had that round of "family therapy" due to him hitting her----AND I'm sorry--don't buy that mental illness was a "surprise"--I'm sure they had to have chatted about it or thought it, maybe not embraced it but it was there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot