CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this jury wants this over. I'm guessing Fri or Mon verdict. This has been a very unanimous jury thus far. I'm guessing Friday.

Even if he gets the DP JH parents still get many many more years with him as most mass murderers and mentally ill people are killed on the spot by cops or themselves. This is very rare we have a trial for a surviving mass murderer.

Families of the victims don't get to visit at all.

I think this jury wants this over. I'm guessing Fri or Mon verdict. This has been a very unanimous jury thus far. I'm guessing Friday.

Hoping and praying. I don't care what it is. Let the victims tell their real stories and the rest of the charges be read.

I just put a pizza in the oven and have pineapple upside down cake! I'll share!

Tammy Harper ‏@tammyharper02 9m9 minutes ago
If JH is sentenced to DP-he'll have company
#Tsarnaev Sent to Colorado Prison On Way to Death Row http://nbcnews.to/1BEQQio #theatershooting

^^^^ I did NOT realize this above ...Good.. Maybe they can bond while they await their own death!! They are pretty close in age and have a lot in common!!

Tsarnaev is in a federal prison somewhere.

I hope GB objects the heck out of brady's closing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@larryryckman: Juror 661 is watching the proceedings from another courtroom so she won't distract others with her cough. #theatershooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jury is not going to like the defense objecting and breaking the train of thought. Brady should just sit down. She will get her say. If she keeps it up I do hope the State objects when needed and is not just polite, but then the Jury would notice the State being polite!

It is hard to hear the real truth about your client.

So far 2 "Ejector seat" objections 1 for mischaracterizing by using the word evil..2nd..mischaracteriziation of something else...What a putz!! Grrrrr

How else can one characterize what J. did????

Arrrrrrggggggh -- What were we?? Two minutes into the People's closing remarks??? May I, please, I hold her in contempt of all that is reasonable and just???:scared:

outrageous long sidebar in closing......................

Where is the whack-a-mole graphic?

Whackamole objection no. 2 --1:24pm

eta:
Whackamole objection no. 3 --1:27pm

eta:
Whackamole objection no. 4 --1:36pm

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting

Brauchler:

Through this door is horror, are bullets blood, brains, and bodies

After months of detailed planned he came in to killed everyone. He was successful with killing 12

695 pieces of evidence

Witnesses gave you a glimpse of the 12 lives he took
@pstenser: “What is the appropriate sentence for such horror and such evil?” @GeorgeBrauchler asks #TheaterShooting jury. http://t.co/rIXbgHZLVe

You deliberated 3x, found he had intent to murder. With only 1 murder that’s life without parole.

@larryryckman: Brady objects to Brauchler's characterization of evil. Judge overrules. #theatershooting

You found more than that. He murdered 6, 10, 12 - men women, and a child

2nd deliberation, you found JH did it by virtue of ambush beyond reasonable doubt

You found his manner of murder was cruel and torturous.

You found in murdering the 12 in ambush he created grave risk of death of the others in there

You did more than that. You listened to 34 witnesses to give you every justification to not find aggravation

www.twitter.com/thegoldpatrol

www.twitter.com/larryryckman

What's happening?!? I can't listen as I'm laying down with my two year old! I can't believe this is the last phase! Thank you so much to all the wonderful posters who have done tweets and kept us non listeners in the loop! And everyone else who shared opinions! I hope we have a resolution ASAP!

And this is something that just crossed my mind, not only did this shooter take away so much from the people he actually killed or injured, but, these jurors have sacrificed in carrying out their duties, and if they choose death, even though it would be about the most justified use of it I have ever seen, that's a heavy burden to live with too.

You had last 2 days to learn ramifications of his actions beyond the photos.

The question remains - what is the appropriate sentence for such horror, such evil.

Def objects 2x to “evil” - sidebar

@larryryckman: DA: "The question remains: what is the appropriate sentence for such horror, such evil?" Brady objects. Bench conference. #theatershooting

You’ve considered so much, deliberated so much, you’ve found so much.

How can my words add anything to the process at this point?

Can words be spoken to you in a passionate way to justify a life sentence?

With tears, pleading, would that make a life sentence appropriate? Mercy, is that about the giver?

Can they play on your conscious and guilt to make a life sentence?

Could emotion do it? Time for tears? That’s yesterday. This is about justice.

And when judge says to use individual opinion, this is about justice.

Some say death is vengeance, revenge. No, you know better. This building isn’t Revenge center

It’s a justice center

Could a quote from someone, attacking my motives justify what he did?

No

There are few words i can give you to tell you more than you know already. You’re experts now

Even in mental health. Having found he knew right from wrong.

All the things you know he did, planning for murders, could that now justify that life sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member