Deceased/Not Found CO - Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, 21 March 2019 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]8h
#UPDATE: CSPD says they searched the area in Teller County from Friday to Sunday and did not find #JepsyKallungi body. #DaneKallungi- who investigators believe killed Jepsy- remains in jail without bond. @KKTV11News
Quote Tweet

kzeWZv9i_mini.jpg
KKTV 11 News @KKTV11News Jul 2
VIDEO: Possible search site for missing Colorado woman Jepsy Kallungi in Teller County VIDEO: Possible search site for missing Colorado woman Jepsy Kallungi in Teller County

Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]4h
I may be very late to the game on this, but Dane Kallungi, the man accused of killing his wife #JepsyKallungi, will have his first court appearance on July 12. @KOAA

KOAA News5 @KOAA Jun 23
The arrest affidavit for Dane Kallungi claims he killed his wife, Jepsy, and put her body in the trunk of his car. Investigators say he went to work the next day, before driving her body to a remote part of Teller County and burying her. https://koaa.com/news/crime/affidavit-jepsy-kallungis-husband-admitted-he-killed-her-to-ex-wife

Monday, July 12th:
*First Appearance Hearing (via video/virtual) (@ 8:30am MT) - CO - Jepsy Adlawan Amaga Kallungi (26) (Mom last spoke to her on March 20, 2019 & reported missing April 4, 2019 by her mother, Colorado Springs) - *Dane Oliver Kallungi (36 @ time of crime/38) husband. Warrant issued (6/1/21) & arrested (6/16/21 in Albuquerque, New Mexico) & charged (6/17/21) with 1st degree murder. Held without bond.
Case & Court info from 6/18/21 to 6/22/21 reference post #260 here:
CO - CO - Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, 21 March 2019 *arrest*

6/29/21 Update: Has been extradited back to Colorado & booked on 6/28/21. Had advisement hearing on 6/29/21 @ 1:30pm & first appearance hearing will be on 7/12/21 via video/virtual @ 8:30am. Kallungi asked the judge if there is a chance for a bond. The judge says no. Attorney representing Kallungi asks him not to speak. He asks if there will be a chance for bond in the future. The judge says that will be a conversation for the future. Next first appearance hearing on 7/12/21.
6/30/21 Update: During the past several months, Chula Vista police have been releasing bi-weekly updates of sorts regarding their work, highlighting work done on the case, which they insist remains an active investigation. In the past two weeks, CVPD said on Wednesday, they have conducted four new interviews, having spoken with 68 people in all -- friends, family members & other witnesses. Also, police officials said they had written a half dozen new search warrants connected to the case & reviewed six news tips, out of nearly 100 they have received. In their news release issued on Wednesday, though, police did not release any new information other than to update the figures.
7/2/21 Update: Colorado Springs Police confirmed to KRDO that investigators with the Homicide Unit went to a rural area in Teller County Friday to search for Jepsy's body. 7/6/21 Update: Colorado Springs LE say after days of searching they did not find the body of Jepsy during recent search.

The judge just called #Kallungi’s case. Kallungi appears to be present in the courtroom, wearing an orange jumpsuit. August 20 at 8:30 AM will be scheduled for the proof evident, presumption great hearing. @KOAA

https://twitter.com/colettebordelon/status/1414596696563064838?s=21

@Niner

EBM There is also a Motions Hearing on 8/9/2021 1:30 p.m. on the docket

Last edited:
Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon[/URL]
I’m listening in virtually to the courtroom where Dane Kallungi is set to have his first appearance. He’s accused of killing his wife #JepsyKallungi in 2019 and burying her body in Teller County: https://koaa.com/news/crime/affidavit-jepsy-kallungis-husband-admitted-he-killed-her-to-ex-wife… @KOAA

[URL='https://t.co/Ay9gijYiEF?amp=1']Affidavit: Jepsy Kallungi's husband admitted he killed her to ex-wife
News5 obtained Dane's arrest affidavit, which claims he strangled Jepsy during an act of domestic violence, in[/URL]
y3vwkXEp
flicting serious injuries. Investigators believe Dane saw Jepsy was "suffering," and...
koaa.com

7:41 AM · Jul 12, 2021 from Colorado Springs, CO·Twitter for iPhone

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 5h
Replying to @ColetteBordelon
The judge just called #Kallungi’s case. Kallungi appears to be present in the courtroom, wearing an orange jumpsuit. August 20 at 8:30 AM will be scheduled for the proof evident, presumption great hearing. @KOAA

Monday, August 9th:
*Motions Hearing (in person) (@ 1:30pm MT) - CO - Jepsy Adlawan Amaga Kallungi (26) (Mom last spoke to her on March 20, 2019 & reported missing April 4, 2019 by her mother, Colorado Springs) - *Dane Oliver Kallungi (36 @ time of crime/38) husband. Warrant issued (6/1/21) & arrested (6/16/21 in Albuquerque, New Mexico & extradited on 6/28/21) & charged (6/17/21) with 1st degree murder. Held without bond. Was in Bernalillo County Jail, NM & extradited 6/28/21 to El Paso County.
Case & Court info from 6/18/21 to 6/30/21 reference post #285 here:
CO - CO - Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, 21 March 2019 *arrest*

7/2/21 Update: Colorado Springs Police confirmed to KRDO that investigators with the Homicide Unit went to a rural area in Teller County Friday to search for Jepsy's body. 7/6/21 Update: Colorado Springs LE say after days of searching they did not find the body of Jepsy during recent search. First appearance hearing on 7/12/21.
7/12/21 Update: Kallungi appeared in the courtroom, wearing an orange jumpsuit. 8/20/21 at 8:30am will be scheduled for the proof evident, presumption great hearing & a motions hearing on 8/9/21 @ 1:30pm.

Any connection ? Doesn't say if the remains are skeletal or not.

Police looking if 'partial human remains' found in Florissant | ksdk.com

" FLORISSANT, Mo. — Police are investigating human remains found in Florissant Friday afternoon.

The North County Precinct of the St. Louis County Police Department received a call at 1:30 p.m. Friday. Police responded to investigate "found property" in the 6700 block of Finchdale Court.

Police said officers found what appears to be partial human remains in a nearby creek "

QUOTE="Seattle1, post: 16904357, member: 96922"]"I can't believe I did that and I'm like there's no way I did that, but I did do that. So yeah, I drove to the like Florissant area... on back road, got lost on like four different back roads and then found one where I could, I just went down and found a spot, dug a hole as deep as I could."[/QUOTE]

Any connection ? Doesn't say if the remains are skeletal or not.

Police looking if 'partial human remains' found in Florissant | ksdk.com

" FLORISSANT, Mo. — Police are investigating human remains found in Florissant Friday afternoon.

The North County Precinct of the St. Louis County Police Department received a call at 1:30 p.m. Friday. Police responded to investigate "found property" in the 6700 block of Finchdale Court.

Police said officers found what appears to be partial human remains in a nearby creek "

QUOTE="Seattle1, post: 16904357, member: 96922"]"I can't believe I did that and I'm like there's no way I did that, but I did do that. So yeah, I drove to the like Florissant area... on back road, got lost on like four different back roads and then found one where I could, I just went down and found a spot, dug a hole as deep as I could."

Florissant, Colorado and Florissant, Missouri are 850 miles apart.

Oh sorry, I usually check place names but didn't this time.
Seems the broken quote contributed to the confusion. My actual post indicated this was Florissant Colorado, and also linked the AA stating the same.

I recall seeing ole PF's home stomping grounds mentioned or Florissant, Colorado area. I don't recall if this was in the AA or not so post is just from memory -- MOO.

ETA: add link

"I can't believe I did that and I'm like there's no way I did that, but I did do that. So yeah, I drove to the like Florissant [Colorado] area... on back road, got lost on like four different back roads and then found one where I could, I just went down and found a spot, dug a hole as deep as I could."

https://www.koaa.com/news/crime/affidavit-jepsy-kallungis-husband-admitted-he-killed-her-to-ex-wife
^^bbm

Friday, October 29th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 8:30am MT) - CO - Jepsy Adlawan Amaga Kallungi (26) (Mom last spoke to her on March 20, 2019 & reported missing April 4, 2019 by her mother, Colorado Springs; still missing) - *Dane Oliver Kallungi (36 @ time of crime/38) husband. Warrant issued (6/1/21) & arrested (6/16/21 in Albuquerque, New Mexico & extradited on 6/28/21) & charged (6/17/21) with 1st degree murder. Held without bond.
Case & Court info from 6/18/21 to 7/2/21 reference post #289 here:
Still Missing - CO - Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, 21 March 2019 *arrest*

7/12/21 Update: Kallungi appeared in the courtroom, wearing an orange jumpsuit. 8/20/21 at 8:30am will be scheduled for the proof evident, presumption great hearing & a motions hearing on 8/9/21 @ 1:30pm.
8/9/21 Update: Motions hearing on 8/20/21 was cancelled. Next preliminary hearing on 10/29/21.

Colette Bordelon
@ColetteBordelon

NO preliminary hearing today. One of the prosecution’s main witnesses couldn’t make it - and it sounds like a plea deal could be struck between the two sides. Right now, the hearing has been moved to Jan. 21 at 8:30 AM, for a half-day.
@KOAA
Quote Tweet

bJhwKy81_mini.jpg

KOAA News5
@KOAA
· 1h
TODAY: Prosecutors are scheduled to argue there's enough evidence to take Dane Kallungi to trial for the accused murder of his wife, Jepsy. They say he strangled her and buried her body in Teller County. @ColetteBordelon will be in the courtroom. https://koaa.com/news/crime/over-tw...ence-to-be-presented-in-jepsy-kallungis-case…
7:54 AM · Oct 29, 2021

Colette Bordelon
@ColetteBordelon

The judge is the one who mentioned that one of the prosecutor’s main witnesses couldn’t attend. The prosecution did not bring it up. Remember, Dane told his ex-wife what investigators believe are incriminating statements on the recorded phone call… (cont.)
@KOAA

7:59 AM · Oct 29, 2021 from Colorado Springs, CO

Colette Bordelon
@ColetteBordelon

For instance: “She was already dead. It was just a matter of time and like I didn't want to watch her suffer anymore.” Read my previous reporting on the arrest affidavit here: https://koaa.com/news/crime/affidavit-jepsy-kallungis-husband-admitted-he-killed-her-to-ex-wife…

@KOAA

koaa.com
Affidavit: Jepsy Kallungi's husband admitted he killed her to ex-wife
News5 obtained Dane's arrest affidavit, which claims he strangled Jepsy during an act of domestic violence, inflicting serious injuries. Investigators believe Dane saw Jepsy was "suffering," and...

8:01 AM · Oct 29, 2021 from Colorado Springs, CO·

Friday, January 21st:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 8:30am MT) - CO - Jepsy Adlawan Amaga Kallungi (26) (Mom last spoke to her on March 20, 2019 & reported missing April 4, 2019 by her mother, Colorado Springs; still missing) - *Dane Oliver Kallungi (36 @ time of crime/38) husband. Warrant issued (6/1/21) & arrested (6/16/21 in Albuquerque, New Mexico & extradited on 6/28/21) & charged (6/17/21) with 1st degree murder. Held without bond. Was in Bernalillo County Jail, NM & extradited 6/28/21 to El Paso County.
Case & Court info from 6/18/21 to 7/2/21 reference post #289 here:
Still Missing - CO - Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, 21 March 2019 *arrest*

8/9/21 Update: Motions hearing on 8/20/21 was cancelled. Next preliminary hearing on 10/29/21. 10/29/21 Update: No preliminary hearing today. One of the prosecution’s main witnesses couldn’t make it & asked for a continuance - and it sounds like a plea deal could be struck between the two sides. Right now, the hearing has been moved to 1/21/22 @ 8:30am, for a half-day.

I didn't find any reporters tweeting on this case where reportedly the PH was to happen at 8:30 AM today. A docket search did not result in anything for Dane Kallungi until 2/22/22:

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division

2/22/22, 11:30 AM 1Hr
IN PERSON
KALLUNGI, DANE
Status Conference
D212021CR3418 El Paso County DIV 5-ROOM S505 (South Tower)

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317