CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long can it possibly take to confirm that it is really her backpack? I mean, just show it to her family and they can confirm???

One random thought. If it is the perp who threw out the back pack just might be a "regular citizen" which in many cases has happened. Living a double life unknown to his circle. He may have been waiting for a time to get rid of evidence when the neighborhood is quiet.

How many cases have we followed where a father of children and married has a deviant side?

I really wonder if that's not the case here.

That is why a perp would dump it in a dumpster. Not on the sidewalk in suburbia. I am hoping jessica dropped it. As a sign.

But its more likely the perp planted it i think.

or do you think maybe they panicked and tossed it, driving around and saw a cop? concerned about getting stopped? not very smart?

Kevin Torres - 9 News

A dozen investigators including 4 FBI on scene now. 1:03 found backpack by grey house. Man didn't know it was connected till he looked inside & saw things with her name. 20 minutes later, he contacted police. Two bloodhounds were in area. They left. Fewer officers on scene now. Helicopter hovering, maybe JeffCo. Will bring in heavy duty lights to use on the street tonight. Bloodhound went toward Superior elementary school, then back to that area.

I keep hoping at least ONE of these neighbors has a surveillance camera. They're so cheap and easy to put up. I mean really, not one paranoid person in these nice neighborhoods???

9News - If you leave or enter that area, you have to have your vehicle scanned, no matter how many times your car's been searched. Some people getting frustrated.

9News - JeffCo schools met today to discuss how they're going to address Jessica's situation with students.

Tom McGhee ‏@dpmcghee
#jessicaridgeway 5p.m. Press conference delayed for 10 minutes
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

They aren't even letting the neighbors back into their houses, apparently.

Amen to that, I certainly wouldn't blame a witness for not wanting to come forward. You're fair game for everyone once your name gets out, especially if you're a man who found possible evidence in the case of a missing girl. JMO

And ESPECIALLY if WSers are reading about it... :wink:

Kevin Torres - 9 News

A dozen investigators including 4 FBI on scene now. 1:03 found backpack by grey house. Man didn't know it was connected till he looked inside & saw things with her name. 20 minutes later, he contacted police. Two bloodhounds were in area. They left. Fewer officers on scene now. Helicopter hovering, maybe JeffCo. Will bring in heavy duty lights to use on the street tonight. Bloodhound went toward Superior elementary school, then back to that area.

well, that is interesting, Nurse, can you please add this to the map?
thanks!

Kevin Torres - 9 News

http://goo.gl/maps/qOWUa
I put this on the map (to get an idea)

I think all she said is that she noticed the father's full name in the article you pointed to, but she's not going to sleuth him or post it here.

Okay, that makes sense. I was afraid I'd posted something I shouldn't have, and I sure don't want to be sent to the time-out corner!

FBI Source tells me they're trying to narrow down timeline of when backpack was dropped off in this neighborhood. #jessicaridgeway

How long can it possibly take to confirm that it is really her backpack? I mean, just show it to her family and they can confirm???

This is strictly my own theory, unsupported by any media links: I think that LE is already convinced this is a non-family abduction and they are playing head games with the perpetrator.

IF this is Jessica's backpack, the perp is probably watching media sources closely to try to figure out what LE knows and doesn't know.

Leaving the perp in the dark can only work to LE's favour.

I don't know why, but it seems like press conferences always start later than scheduled.

IF this is Jessica's backpack and not a sick prank

I know my kids' backpacks have tons of papers such as homework and worksheets with their names on them. It should be pretty easy to recognize all that. I can't imagine all that would be removed and tossed but a backpack and water bottle with a name left in it.
Am I making sense?

Also I wanted to reread the post of the lady saying she and her husband saw the backpack at 8ish this morning, but I can't find it. ugh

Can you imagine how creepy it'd be to think a possible abductor was right outside your home to plant a backpack (if that's what happened).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz