CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shades of Sierra Lamar...bag found a few days later, not sure how it got there, etc...let's how the cameras are as helpful in this case. And the outcome better.

Maybe because they don't think Jessica walked there, so the distance wouldn't matter. My guess is her backpack was placed there to lead LE away from the real scene of the crime, her own neighborhood.

Someone abducted her between her home and the local park. MOO - someone who doesn't think about home security cameras? Someone who wasn't at work or school on Friday morning and who had the opportunity to drop off the backpack 6 miles away at a later time. Someone who wouldn't stand out in both neighborhoods.

imo

BBM, this is exactly what I was thinking. Throw the police and FBI off.

I am hoping some of those houses where they found the backpack had security cameras that caught whomever put it there.

I hope the cops can find touch DNA on the backpack by whoever threw it there and I hope the cops are able to find this person quickly.

In most cases that I have followed and the fact that I have worked in LE in the past. I have come to find that most times articles are found in ditches, garbages, or hidden. I find it odd that this would be sitting out on a sidewalk, almost like it they wanted it to be found. Just find it out of the ordinary is all....IMHO

This! Can anyone remember a case where clues were left in plain sight? I doubt there was there a ransom note in the backpack... I'm getting BTK vibes, almost bragging about the crime. MOO

I wouldn't think a convicted RSO would put her backpack where it'd be easily found. It'd be buried, burned, hidden, etc, IMO.

Is Rock Creek in the same school district as Jessica's school?

The backpack HAD to have been just recently dropped there. Someone would have seen it way before now, if not.

Scary.

Do any teens go in that direction toward a high school (where she was walking?)

I wouldn't think a convicted RSO would put her backpack where it'd be easily found. It'd be buried, burned, hidden, etc, IMO.

Typically RSO's act on impulse, at random. This appears to be a lot more calculated, planned, and thought out.

I don't think it was an RSO, personally.

When Trevor said "we are still going to be investigating in Jessica's neighborhood" ... it made me think he was speaking to someone. It was not a comment made in answer to a reporter's question. Also he said the distance was not a factor in the investigation. Hoping one of those tips is leading them somewhere.

I can't shake this feeling; young school age, male who drives.

the perp would not want to dump the backpack at a business because of security cameras.

If the bag was found on the sidewalk, I wonder if it was thrown from a moving vehicle...maybe at night, and while everyone else was searching Jessica's neighborhood? JMO, but I think the perp is more local, and that dumping site was chosen because of all the intense searching that was going on in his residential area. Unless he is stupid enough to drop the backpack in his OWN neighborhood, but that seems highly unlikely.

It's really odd the backpack was found there. It's like someone wanted it found....rather than throwing it in a body of water, a dumpster...or burning it. Appears as if someone dumped it there in the wee hours of the morning when almost everyone would be asleep...and regular private security cams couldn't get clear images..... but hopefully good enough! Not too many vehicles riding around a subdivsion at those hours. jmo

Typically RSO's act on impulse, at random. This appears to be a lot more calculated, planned, and thought out.

I don't think it was an RSO, personally.

I so hope that you are right, because if it were an RSO, I'm really worried for her safety. :(

It's really odd the backpack was found there. It's like someone wanted it found....rather than throwing it in a body of water, a dumpster...or burning it. Appears as if someone dumped it there in the wee hours of the morning when almost everyone would be asleep...and regular private security cams couldn't get clear images..... but hopefully good enough! Not too many vehicles riding around a subdivsion at those hours. jmo

OT - reminds me of the Holly Bobo case

I wonder if he dumped it in that ditch behind the houses, near where the recreation trail runs, and somebody's dog or kid dragged it out onto the sidewalk.

If the bag was found on the sidewalk, I wonder if it was thrown from a moving vehicle...maybe at night, and while everyone else was searching Jessica's neighborhood? JMO, but I think the perp is more local, and that dumping site was chosen because of all the intense searching that was going on in his residential area. Unless he is stupid enough to drop the backpack in his OWN neighborhood, but that seems highly unlikely.

We can hope.....and the dogs could track his scent straight to his door!!

On Twitter

Becca ‏@frogtosser
Possible sighting of Jessica Ridgeway. Jewell & Wads @ 5:45pm. Silver car. W/older bald guy. Plate# 826-XSS cc: @9NEWS

9m 9NEWS Denver ‏@9NEWS
@frogtosser are you the one who saw her or did you hear this from someone? Do you know if this has been reported to @WestminsterPD?

5:04 PM - 7 Oct 12 · Details
6m Becca ‏@frogtosser
@9NEWS yes. I and several coworkers saw her. Driver waited outside to get plate # of car as they left. @WestminsterPD called. Tip left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz