CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there a mention of a big green belt found shortly before the location Jessica was to meet her friend? Her friend said she never showed up. How long did the friend wait and was she/they at the spot on time? In other words, if it was 8:15 a.m. they always met, was the friend there at 8:10-12 and waited until 8:17 for instance? The school hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Would Jessica usually be waiting at the spot first on most days or the other way around?

If the other kid/s knew what time they got to the spot, they would probably be looking down the street the direction Jessica was coming from. Based on that information, LE could pin the time down as to when somebody grabbed Jessica. A ten year old or their mom would know what time the friend left the house and how long it takes to walk to that spot.

It seems to me the street would be busy with many kids walking nearby since the school was so close. No moms out watching the younger children as they went down the street?

Are they sure Jessica ever left her house that morning?

Woe, are you sure you heard a "big green belt" and not "big greenbelt?"

I'm asking because we refer to a greenbelt as an open space area, usually with a trail, that runs along the outside of a subdivision.

So you'll often see houses advertised for sale that say "backs to greenbelt"

i don't think the paper sack was an evidence bag. They would not leave an evidence bag sitting on a lawn or sidewalk due to chain of custody. I did not get to see the shots from 9 news of the sack, can anyone who did tell me was it a brown bag? Large or small? Was it the size of a lunch sack? I am wondering why he evaded the brown bag question during the presser. If it was a lunch sack why would he not just have said it appeared to be the childs lunch. Sorry, just cannot let go the bag, that could be a very important piece of evidence especially if not jessica's....that could have been left by the perp....???? Imho

View attachment paper bag.pdf

Trying to attach a pic of the paper bag. It's paper lunch sack, neatly folded at the top. Not smashed or wrinkled.

link => http://www.ci.westminster.co.us/ExploreWestminster/Schools.aspx

jessica goes to witt elementary part of jefferson county school district

found this info on the city of westminster website : The City of Westminster is served by three school districts; two in Adams County and one in Jefferson County

Yeah, I know which school Jessica went to. I'm trying to figure out whether there's some kind of connection between the two school systems that would mean somebody from Jessica's neighborhood would be heading to the Rock Creek area. I was thinking high school kid heading to a regional high school, but it looks like that's not a possibility.

Why is there a mention of a big green belt found shortly before the location Jessica was to meet her friend? Her friend said she never showed up. How long did the friend wait and was she/they at the spot on time? In other words, if it was 8:15 a.m. they always met, was the friend there at 8:10-12 and waited until 8:17 for instance? The school hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Would Jessica usually be waiting at the spot first on most days or the other way around?

If the other kid/s knew what time they got to the spot, they would probably be looking down the street the direction Jessica was coming from. Based on that information, LE could pin the time down as to when somebody grabbed Jessica. A ten year old or their mom would know what time the friend left the house and how long it takes to walk to that spot.

It seems to me the street would be busy with many kids walking nearby since the school was so close. No moms out watching the younger children as they went down the street?

Jessica didn't leave the house til 8:30. School starts at 8:50, ends at 3:35. Link

BBM

Good questions!

By the way, it's been posted upthread that school starts at 8:50, and Jessica left her house at 8:30 according to her mom. I don't recall when Jessica and her friends would normally meet up to walk to school.

Woe, are you sure you heard a "big green belt" and not "big greenbelt?"

I'm asking because we refer to a greenbelt as an open space area, usually with a trail, that runs along the outside of a subdivision.

So you'll often see houses advertised for sale that say "backs to greenbelt"

Oh! Husband was in the Army for a long time. I pictured one of those wide Army belts that are worn with BDU's along the path and right before the place J may have gone missing.

How far did she have to walk to get to her meeting place and then to school?

Can you imagine how creepy it'd be to think a possible abductor was right outside your home to plant a backpack (if that's what happened).

Creepy but it probably means that your house is the safest place from that perp. Planting evidence like that always has an element of misleading LE, which means that the perp doesn't live near that place and isn't planning to come back, either.

I don't really know exactly how tracking dogs work, so I hope this isn't a dumb idea. If I remember correctly, the dog followed her scent to the other elementary school and back to the backpack. Is it possible that it was actually dropped off at the school, and somebody picked it up and brought it to where it was found? Maybe some kid/s playing by the school who live close by were looking through it and just dropped it when they didn't find anything of interest in it (or after taking out what they did like).

Yeah, I know which school Jessica went to. I'm trying to figure out whether there's some kind of connection between the two school systems that would mean somebody from Jessica's neighborhood would be heading to the Rock Creek area. I was thinking high school kid heading to a regional high school, but it looks like that's not a possibility.

Are there any charter schools or academies that admit students from a larger area?

Why is there a mention of a big green belt found

respectfully snipped

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I had to look up on line what a "greenbelt" was because I was thinking an army belt also....

:waitasec::waitasec:

Oh! Husband was in the Army for a long time. I pictured one of those wide Army belts that are worn with BDU's along the path and right before the place J may have gone missing.

How far did she have to walk to get to her meeting place and then to school?

Jessica only had to walk south on her street past two or three houses to get to the park where she met the other kids. The walk from the park to the school was about three blocks in distance, the last half of that was a trail crossing the open space (also known as a greenbelt).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz