CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking again, it's about the size that a six pack of beer fits in. Wouldn't LE take it to the lab before they open it?

Right. That's why I am so confused. I once was on a jury for a murder trial here in Colorado, and if I understood correctly...the process was photograph the item as it stands...then open it, photograph the stuff inside it as it sits...then remove items one at a time and bag each item separately.

It just seems weird that after an hour or two it was still right there in the middle of the sidewalk, with local news stations zooming in on it with the helicopter.

I am sure I'm paying entirely too much attention to the bag...I'm just perplexed by it.

I was in a dreamland hoping that whoever took her still has her alive and had her leave a note and dropped it somewhere that they knew it would be found ...

wishful thinking I know.

View attachment 27205

Trying to attach a pic of the paper bag. It's paper lunch sack, neatly folded at the top. Not smashed or wrinkled.

That bag looks to me like it could not have been sitting at that location very long...

considering children, pets, bikes, etc.... And then wind and moisture would have been in contact with it..

It looks too "neat" and carefully placed to have been there very long....

JMO

Yeah, I know which school Jessica went to. I'm trying to figure out whether there's some kind of connection between the two school systems that would mean somebody from Jessica's neighborhood would be heading to the Rock Creek area. I was thinking high school kid heading to a regional high school, but it looks like that's not a possibility.

Carbuff... I think I am following your line of thought..

maybe high school student...

Or bus driver, school maintenance person who travels between schools, etc.

JMO

9News - If you leave or enter that area, you have to have your vehicle scanned, no matter how many times your car's been searched. Some people getting frustrated.

BBM. :steamed: shame on them. A 10 year old is missing and this probably won't have a good ending. Shame on them for a missing child being an inconvenience. :furious: I'll stop there.....

Maybe the paper sack has the water bottle in it.

Maybe man who found the water bottle wanted to preserve evidence on it and protect it by putting it in a bag...

I could see me doing that...

JMO

They aren't even letting the neighbors back into their houses, apparently.

LE is not letting residents back into their homes, literally? They are being forced to stay outside? Why?

Right. That's why I am so confused. I once was on a jury for a murder trial here in Colorado, and if I understood correctly...the process was photograph the item as it stands...then open it, photograph the stuff inside it as it sits...then remove items one at a time and bag each item separately.

It just seems weird that after an hour or two it was still right there in the middle of the sidewalk, with local news stations zooming in on it with the helicopter.

I am sure I'm paying entirely too much attention to the bag...I'm just perplexed by it.

I was in a dreamland hoping that whoever took her still has her alive and had her leave a note and dropped it somewhere that they knew it would be found ...wishful thinking I know.

I was thinking maybe Jessica was able to scrawl a note or clue and pitched the backpack out of the car...

I don't really know exactly how tracking dogs work, so I hope this isn't a dumb idea. If I remember correctly, the dog followed her scent to the other elementary school and back to the backpack. Is it possible that it was actually dropped off at the school, and somebody picked it up and brought it to where it was found? Maybe some kid/s playing by the school who live close by were looking through it and just dropped it when they didn't find anything of interest in it (or after taking out what they did like).

Great idea!

I know my DD would come home from schoolwith other kids' backpacks, jackets, etc., that looked similar to hers, and we would discover it after we got home!

I wouldn't think a convicted RSO would put her backpack where it'd be easily found. It'd be buried, burned, hidden, etc, IMO.

Not necessarily true imoo, perps get in a panick and things happen for it to be sitting out like that it was either planted to throw things awry for LE or she is in that neighborhood somewhere...Heck someone loading her into a different car could have set it down and forgot about it.....

LE is not letting residents back into their homes, literally? They are being forced to stay outside? Why?

Hopefully they are searching homes or trying too, do they still have the dogs out ? Maybe it has something to do with the dogs....

Heard about Jessica's case on websleuth's radio. Haven't had time to read the entire thread yet, and apologize if this has been posted and discussed. Due to the direction of travel where her backpack was found 14 miles away in Superior, CO, weather forecast/conditions, and preserves, State & National Forests nearby.

Superior, CO - Westminister, CO map link
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Westminister+High+School,+Westminster,+CO&daddr=Superior,+CO&hl=en&ll=39.922639,-105.162849&spn=0.157715,0.220757&sll=39.952763,-105.168598&sspn=0.157646,0.220757&geocode=FWOhXwIdaja9-SG6LcnJLuhalSkXmqbNBIhrhzG6LcnJLuhalQ%3BFXuhYQIdKkG7-Sm9CMNm1IxrhzEM1mmyKn2o3g&oq=westminister&mra=ls&t=m&z=12"]Westminister High School to Superior, CO - Google Maps[/ame]
Imo, this seems to indicate a probable stranger abduction and all campers, motor homes, and abandon structures in the area should be the focus of the search, imo.

Hunting Season is in and hunters/fishermen, wildlife officials etc., should be alerted for suspicious behavior..

Why is there a mention of a big green belt found

respectfully snipped

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I had to look up on line what a "greenbelt" was because I was thinking an army belt also....

:waitasec::waitasec:
I am sorry.. And I am not at all laughing at anyone.. But the green belt/green belt dilemma cracked me up!

It reminds m e of Rosanne Rosanna Danna on SNL..

"What's this I hear about busting school children!?!"

"Uh... Rosanne... That's BUSSING school children..."

""Okay.... Nevermind..."

:seeya:

One thing I have noticed in reading comments at news links and facebook pages. Jessica has been in Westminster, CO for quite some time. A teacher at her school, said she had her in her second grade class. Another, I just read said she had her in a preschool. Could the custody issue be for visitation and not custodial custody.

http://www.dailycamera.com/superior-news/ci_21719734/entertainment/classicalmusic

The original link i found it on has changed as they often do, but it shows on here, just google "custody hearing ridgeway friday" it comes up. Evidently the father attended although he does not know the outcome. ( I don't know why he would not know the outcome) I just am curious / perplexed about it....IMHO

I read that comment in msm to mean the LEO who was sharing the info with the media did not know the outcome, not the dad being unaware of the outcome.

I don't blame LE at all for carefully searching the area where the backpack was found, the homes, etc.

But, in my opinion, the backpack was placed there to throw off investigators. The perp (and Jessica) are, most likely, no where near that area.

No sign this is abduction? Do police think she ran away? Or what?

Yeah, I know which school Jessica went to. I'm trying to figure out whether there's some kind of connection between the two school systems that would mean somebody from Jessica's neighborhood would be heading to the Rock Creek area. I was thinking high school kid heading to a regional high school, but it looks like that's not a possibility.
Colorado is an open-enrollment state, so anyone from her neighborhood could be enrolled in a Boulder Valley district school--but they have to have their parents drive them (or be old enough to drive themselves) and there has to be enough space in the school.

Jeffco's school district is huge: with 85,000 students it's the largest in Colorado. Witt Elementary and Standley Lake High School are the northernmost schools in the district.

So there's no connection between the two districts, but it would be possible for a teen in the area to be a student at a high school in Boulder or at Monarch HS in Louisville, on the other side of Hwy 36: https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl...105.148258&spn=0.022962,0.037594&z=15&iwloc=A

Well that certainly makes you pause...and go hmmmmmm.

That statement that I quoted from LE about their not being any indication she was abducted has been on the news article since the very first day the news aired it.

IMO, the news put that in the article, on day 1, to not alarm the public/cause panic. Then, with each new update from LE about the search for Jessica they are just adding it at the beginning of that same article (because, literally, the whole article after the first 1-2 paragraphs is the very same, word for word, one from day 1) to update everyone, instead of re-writing a whole article.

So, it probably doesn't mean anything, IMO, but I think it's annoying that they aren't removing that part.

It's almost like, unless there's ransom involved somehow, LE will never come out and say "yep, this child was abducted!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member