CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry.. And I am not at all laughing at anyone.. But the green belt/green belt dilemma cracked me up!

It reminds m e of Rosanne Rosanna Danna on SNL..

"What's this I hear about busting school children!?!"

"Uh... Rosanne... That's BUSSING school children..."

""Okay.... Nevermind..."

:seeya:

I loved Gilda Radner..........:rose:

Not necessarily true imoo, perps get in a panick and things happen for it to be sitting out like that it was either planted to throw things awry for LE or she is in that neighborhood somewhere...Heck someone loading her into a different car could have set it down and forgot about it.....

I wouldn't expect a convicted RSO to panic, especially as this seems very planned, given she was taken within 3 blocks of her home with no one seeing the abduction. I used to work with at-risk and adjudicated youth, including youthful sex offenders.

I am behind y'all in reading... and I am jumping in... but I was trying to think of people who would be able to get to know children in neighborhoods... and who would have routes that would cross to other neighborhoods...

This is no disrespect to any Ice Cream Truck Driver Sleuthers...

But I understand some perps choose being ice cream truck drivers just to get access to children.

Of course... in this case the perp would NOT be driving the ice cream truck... that would be a bit obvious... but he could have had a chance to get to know Jessica... especially during summer vacations... and he would know other neighborhoods as well?

Just a thought....

Do you have a link to all this about Jessica calling the friends Dad? Haven't seen that, thanks!!!
icon7.gif

I thought this was posted earlier in the thread but I don't remember the source. I'll go look for it. If anyone else has this link handy please feel free to bail me out! Was it on a Facebook page for finding Jessica? BRB!

One thing I have noticed in reading comments at news links and facebook pages. Jessica has been in Westminster, CO for quite some time. A teacher at her school, said she had her in her second grade class. Another, I just read said she had her in a preschool. Could the custody issue be for visitation and not custodial custody.

LE only said it was a custody hearing, to many they assume that means the hearing was about custody. But in split situations there are 3 parts to the cases, custody, parenting time and child support. All are separate issues, while a hearing can have all 3 going on at the same time, that is usually just at the start of a case.

So it's possible, that this hearing could have been for parenting time or child support. There are different kinds of custody to, sole custody, joint legal custody and joint physical custody. It's very common for a non custodial parent to get joint legal now, so this could have been a hearing for that.

Heard about Jessica's case on websleuth's radio. Haven't had time to read the entire thread yet, and apologize if this has been posted and discussed. Due to the direction of travel where her backpack was found 14 miles away in Superior, CO, weather forecast/conditions, and preserves, State & National Forests nearby.

Superior, CO - Westminister, CO map link
Westminister High School to Superior, CO - Google Maps
Imo, this seems to indicate a probable stranger abduction and all campers, motor homes, and abandon structures in the area should be the focus of the search, imo.

Hunting Season is in and hunters/fishermen, wildlife officials etc., should be alerted for suspicious behavior..

One of the registered sex offenders in Jessica's neighborhood has a fifth wheel camper outside his house on Google Maps. Literally, there's a SO living a few houses down from her house (not camper house). I'm sure they've been checked out.....

I swear I heard a reporter asking about a paper sack that was also on sidewalk by the backpack, they said the paper bag was surrounded by crime scene tape, the public info officer let that question go unanswered, makes me curious....would that be her lunch sack perhaps or ?????

A paper bag could have contained a school lunch, or it could contain an empty liquor bottle or carried cigarettes. Depends on the size of the paper bag of course.

The above is just out loud thinking.....

I just can't help but wonder if the man who tried to abduct those two women finally succeeded with Jessica?

Watching on 9 news... says there's a brown paper bag that was next to the backpack. They just showed it on the news and the brown paper bag is still on the sidewalk??? They zoomed the camera in on it.

More outloud thinking..... An empty brown paper bag would likely blow around and not remain in the same spot. If it's been in the same spot for sometime there must be something in the bag.

Does anyone have a link to the statement about the tracking dogs tracking her scent to the school?

Video from 9News at 5

I was watching the live broadcast for this at the time I posted. Towards the beginning ofthe video Torres references the bloodhounds going down S Indiana. Just before the 4:00 minute mark, they reference the bloodhounds going down to the school and back.

If she was afraid that the results of the custody hearing would mean a result she didn't like...would she have run away? Where to?

remember that scanner chatter/information cannot be posted up here.

One thing I have noticed in reading comments at news links and facebook pages. Jessica has been in Westminster, CO for quite some time. A teacher at her school, said she had her in her second grade class. Another, I just read said she had her in a preschool. Could the custody issue be for visitation and not custodial custody.

or possible child support issues??

Removed because I think I was responding to a post about something from the scanner thread. Sorry for the mix up either way.

If the backpack just showed up since last night or so, then the perp is local; i.e. not someone taking her out of the area or state in a hurry. And less heartening for Jessica, IMO.

Can anyone confirm Jessica made a call that morning to friend's house?I never read that.

I'm thinking of Somer Thompson. I wonder if there is someone on Jessica's route to school who she has become familiar with, someone she would trust if they approached her.

A paper bag could have contained a school lunch, or it could contain an empty liquor bottle or carried cigarettes. Depends on the size of the paper bag of course.

The above is just out loud thinking.....

My "home" is the Philly and NJ area. I'm not going to say what might have been in that bag from my thinking........

View attachment 27205

Trying to attach a pic of the paper bag. It's paper lunch sack, neatly folded at the top. Not smashed or wrinkled.

I saw someone asking about the paper bag again, so I brought this post over from a few pages back. Yeah, they zoomed in on it on the 9news television broadcast, and it appears to be untouched. It appears in good shape- like it wasn't thrown out of a moving vehicle, but placed there. Also, all day the last couple days it's been cool and drizzly, so it couldn't have been placed there any sooner than overnight.

More outloud thinking..... An empty brown paper bag would likely blow around and not remain in the same spot. If it's been in the same spot for sometime there must be something in the bag.

I'm with you in that it's just so strange. Dozens of people all around it today and it's still just sitting there. Bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member